Start by marking “The Sponsored” as Want to Read:
The Sponsored

The Sponsored

(The Sponsored #1)

To protect her family's future, a teen girl joins the Sponsored Program and undergoes genetic altering, chemical enhancement and training for a future war she's keen to fight, until she discovers she's on the wrong side. But taking her life back won't be easy, even with super powers, as the corruption runs deep into the upper levels of government in the year 2045.
Published November 7th 2017 by Month9Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sponsored, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sponsored

Start your review of The Sponsored
D.M.
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grey is anything but ordinary. She has lived under the radar so far but everything is about to change. A robbery is about to go down and Grey can't help but save her friend. She takes a bullet and saves the shopkeeper. She isn't the only person in the shop and things are about to get a little tricky.

The sponsored is essentially two stories in one. Who is Grey and why is she special? Even she doesn't have all the answers. Her eighteenth birthday is approaching and her Nana has promised to give h
T.H. Hernandez
This is a great scifi/dystopian told from two points of view, a generation apart. First person present is Grey Winter, a teen girl with the ability to self heal. Through a series of flashbacks, we get the third-person point of view of Max Winter, Grey’s father. The two stories run in parallel through most of the book, but it’s clear they will end up converging. This is a unique twist on young adult romance. Both characters are teens at the time their stories are told and both include romances, m ...more
Stephanie Ward
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, for-review
'The Sponsored' is an intriguing and action-packed novel that will have readers on the edge of their seats until the end. The book is separated into two distinct time frames - the Before and the After - both set in the future. In each of these, there are different narrators. In the After (the present day) we have Grey who can self-heal and isn't supposed to be alive considering the fire that killed both her parents and should've killed her too. In the Before, we have Max and Ace, star-crossed lo ...more
Danielle Hammelef
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was provided a digital copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. I had this book on my TBR already, so I jumped at the chance to read and review. And I'm so happy I did! This book did not disappoint and kept me reading and on the edge of my seat with its mystery, suspense, romance, and plot twists. The characters are well-drawn and pop to life.

If you enjoy spunky, smart, and strong female point of view characters, mystery, action, suspense, clean romance (but still swoon-worthy, I pro
library4one
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was thrilling. I cannot wait to find out what Grey does. It really leaves you on a cliffhanger, so I hope Caroline T. Patti is happily writing away on the second book because I'm dying.

This novel has very interesting premise based in a future where the Department of Education collapses and leaves education to the wealthy kids in the nation. Eventually the Sponsored program is abolished, but it has lasting effects for the progeny of the children who were sponsored, namely Grey and Juli
Crystal
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, teen-fiction
Note: I was given a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The blurb looked interesting so I thought I’d give this book a try. I typically like the mildly dystopian not-so-distance future type stories. Boy, was I in for a wild ride!
The characters are spot on. Not cookie cutter but definitely have some depth. I absolutely love Grey and her “I’ll do what I want” attitude. The story has twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat but didn’t drift from the initial premise as b
Hannah Michaels
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ebook in exchange for my honest review.

DO YOU LIKE NONSTOP ACTION AND GRIPPING DRAMA FROM START TO FINISH? Of course you do. This book is for you, then! The characters are excellent, and Grey is not your typical heroine which I LOVE. She’s smart, fierce, determined, but approaches things differently than normal people do. Julian is dreaaaaammmyyyy and the two together make my heart flutter. But the story that weaves around them and what they stumble into is so much bigger than the
Elisa
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It took me four days to read this book and if I hadn’t been trying to savor it and make it last I probably would have binge read it in a night.

The author, Caroline Patti, creates a frighteningly possible future world with characters that are believable, relatable, and engaging.

There were plot twists and character revelations that were entirely unexpected and helped create a rich and intricate plot that should appeal to readers of all ages.

I highly recommend this book and cannot wait for the s
Rosanne
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a great mystery and when I cannot predict where the author is taking me! This book was fantastic! It drew me in with its mystery, its secrets, its intrigue and unexpected situations! The reader discovers step by step the truth as the plot progresses. The reader examines ethics such as education for only the rich and who gets to make the decisions fore themselves and others! This is a fun, fast-paced novel that is interesting, entertaining as well at thought-provoking.
I can't wait for the
Kayla Cisneros
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing read! it definitely left me wanting more! I spent many nights chanting, "Just one more chapter!" The characters are so lovable and you get very attached to them. It was a thrill to read with lots of unexpected twists and turns! I enjoyed how well connected the book was! So happy to have read it!
Amanda
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Sponsored was a magnificent book full of mystery and action. Twists and turns were happening every chapter, not to mention the book starts off with a bang, quite literally. The journey of self discovery and discoveries of hidden family secrets made this book so enjoyable!
Amna Ishaque
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Anyone who is interested in reading a fast-paced, action-filled story, well, read this one. You won't be disappointed.
John H
Sep 22, 2018
Katherine Paschal
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: supernatural, teen
When Grey is in her favorite little neighborhood store and a robber comes in, she can't help herself from jumping in front of clerk and taking a bullet meant for him. When she realizes that her popular classmate Julian witnessed her act, she regrets her impulsiveness, but when he comes to her aid she is the one surprised. Grey has a secret, one she is not suppose to tell anyone, and now somebody knows.

I found the cover of The Sponsored to be eye catching and slightly mysterious, and
Saruuh Kelsey
Stacy Shannon
Andrew Buckley
Kaye
Caroline Patti
Aug 24, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Harsha
Aug 23, 2018
Pati Bartlett
Sep 02, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: Update book info 2 192 Feb 09, 2018 03:11PM
Caroline T. Patti is the author of the Into the Dark, Into the Light, and the Nettie series, which includes: The World Spins Madly On, Too Late to Apologize, A Little Faith and Life After You and The Broken Road (Sept 2016). Caroline is a former teacher, librarian and coach. She lives in Northern California with her husband and two daughters. When she's not writing, she's probably on Twitter.

The Sponsored (2 books)
  • Heroes & Villains (The Sponsored, #2)