Start by marking “The Lich: Or, the Confessions of a Witch-King” as Want to Read:
The Lich: Or, the Confessions of a Witch-King

The Lich: Or, the Confessions of a Witch-King

They called me the Coffin King. I was the hero who slew the Lich and returned the Crown of Whispers to the Empire. The man of the people who rose to become emperor, only to fall again to a conspirator's blade. The cursed one. The creature of darkness, doomed to wander these shadowed halls for years uncounted. I am the monster the stories warned you about. I am the Lich.

But
Published March 1st 2017 by Lilydog Books

To ask other readers questions about The Lich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lich

The Grim Reader
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dark but solid dark fantasy short story.

Cool little short story about how power and greed corrupts. The crown is a soiled treasure, bringing only death and misery to those that wear it. But, temptation is too strong for some. A very solid offering of dark fantasy.
Wol
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a nice little surprise this was! I picked it up from r/Fantasy when the author posted that it was free on Amazon that day. At 30 odd pages, I decided to read it for the short story square on r/Fantasy Bingo.

A very fun concept, and well written. A couple of unfortunate anachronisms in the dialogue, and a little sparse here and there, but the prose is pleasing and the ideas clever. Honestly my main complaint is that I wish it had been longer and more detailed. Genuinely worthy of a full nove
Jack
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, back to doing thought things for books.

So the author posted on /r/fantasy letting us know that his story was currently free. Sure, why not. Stylistically wise, this was pretty good. The repeating story of a Lich king, and his rise and fall. There's only so much you can do in 30 pages, but it was a little bit fun. I'll probably look into more of what the author puts out.
Rob
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was very pleasantly surprised by this story. It was fairly short, but still I became so engrossed in it that I finished the entire thing in one sitting, without being aware of time passing by. To be honest, I'm not even sure what about it was so engaging. It just... was. Recommended!
Andrew F
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
T

The book was good and It is a quick read. It seemed a Iittle short though. It is a good book.
Eric
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
An entertaining short work about a Lich, and his side of the story.
Julia
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A gripping, creepy tale of how ultimate power corrupts even the most pure of heart. You can go into a situation with the best of intentions, yet external forces will always have their influence on your mind and your decisions.

A short story that would be spoiled if I wrote too much in a single review. An enjoyable quick read.
Anthony
Dominick Fisher
Jan 16, 2018
Bighomer
Jan 21, 2018
Adam Vine was born in Northern California. By day, he is a game writer and designer. He has lived in four countries and visited thirty. He is the author of two novels and many short stories. When he is not writing, he is traveling, reading something icky, or teaching himself to play his mandolin. He currently lives in Germany.