Start by marking “The Paths We Choose (Lillac Town #2)” as Want to Read:
The Paths We Choose (Lillac Town #2)

The Paths We Choose

(Lillac Town #2)

Lily Ferrari enjoys having control over every detail of her life. Ever since she left her parents’ house to gain her freedom, she decided to fully own her autonomy. But an unexpected visit from her little brother may change the path she chooses to follow.
Add to that a casual fling with the bright architect Mayte González, and Lily’s summer is turning out more interesting
Published April 6th 2017 by Author via Amazon

To ask other readers questions about The Paths We Choose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paths We Choose

Start your review of The Paths We Choose (Lillac Town #2)
Romie
If you don't need a good story about two gorgeous poc girls falling for each other, then I don't know what could possibly make you happy.

Lily is the grumpiest Brazilian cat there is out there, but somehow you end up loving her, because even though she's grumpy she also has a golden heart.
She had to leave her house because her parents didn't accept her sexuality, they said she could stay with them if she 'became' straight. Well, she left. She left and met some amazing persons wh
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
The Paths We Choose is free for the rest of the weekend in Amazon. It can be read as a standalone.

Trope: no strings attached, sleeping with my friends's friend, found family, NO ONE IS STRAIGHT.

Verdict: This is one of my favorite f/f novels. It's very sensual, gay, and heartwarming.

The Melody of You and Me is the chaser of Lillac Town series. If you're pretty lukewarm with it, I still think you need to pick up The Paths We Choose. It's a strong follow up. And, if you love the first book, then you're going to love this ev/>Verdict:/>Trope:
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
Full review originally posted on my blog: Word Wonders

*I received an ecopy of this book from the author in exchange of an honest review*

Today is an exciting day, because today is the first time in forever I post a review less than a week after finishing the book. Anyway, I’m not here to brag but to review this delightful book. A few weeks back, as I was trying to find diverse New Adult books to read this one called The Melody of You and Me (which I yet have to read *hides in shame) kept coming up
M. Hollis
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
F/F NA novella about finding acceptance in friendship and falling in love when you last expect.

Edit: Now Available on Amazon and Free on KU! https://www.amazon.com/Paths-Choose-L...
Chelsea slytherink
review also posted on Wordpress! spoiler-free review!

I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review!

I'm back with another incoherent review! When I love a book, I suddenly have no idea how to write reviews anymore. I honestly don't even know where to start.

If you enjoyed The Melody of You and Me, you'll definitely love The Paths We Choose. I actually enjoyed Hollis' second novella even more than her first. This was incredibly cute and even the most cliché scene had me on the edge of m
Norah Una Sumner

This was really cute and super diverse but at the same very basic and awkward at times. I liked Lily and Mayte but I wish the author showed us how they felt instead of constantly telling us, if you know what I mean. I hope that this author will write a full-length novel in the future because I think M. Hollis really has a lot of potential! But this is still a really cute novella.

PS. It's steamy, too!
alexis
Review originally posted on Lacy Literacy:
"Lily had been single all her life; nothing needs to change in her opinion. Why open herself to love's disappointments and expectations when you can just live wild and free?"

When Hollis announced that she was giving out ARCs of The Paths We Choose for review, I was so excited. I loved Lily in the previous Lillac Town book, The Melody of You and Me, and couldn't wait to start The Paths We Choose. I am glad to say that it not only lived up to my expectations, but was/>
ImJaclyn
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqiap
I LOVED book! I definitely liked it better than the first one, but that's just my personal preference. The first book (The Melody of You and Me) was more happy, upbeat, and didn't really have any conflict at all, which is great, it's just not really my thing. The Paths We Choose had more angst and more painful moments but I felt it gave the story more depth and I was able to connect with the characters more.

Lily, the MC has a friends-with-benefits relationship with the other MC, Mayte. The girl
emma
Cute cute cute
Laura (bbliophile)
Just a few months ago I read the first book in the Lillac Town Series, The Melody of Me and You, and I loved it so much that I started following the author, Maria Hollis, on Twitter. When she tweeted about ARCs for The Paths We Choose I, of course, immediately jumped at the chance. And I might have screamed a little bit when my request was accepted.

I read The Paths We Choose in one sitting (with a few snack and toilet breaks), and it’s safe to say that I loved it.

The thin
Aleksandra
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases

Lovely contemporary. I really like the main character Lily. She's chubby, grumpy and queer, we don't have nearly enough fat MCs I'm books and I appreciate Lily's grumpiness. As a fellow grump, it's great to see a grumpy sapphic girl as MC. Also Lily is such a great friend, she's fierce and loving. I'm so happy I got to meet her.

Lily's girl gang is the greatest. They are my second favorite thing about the book.

I didn't find romantic plot line exciting
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
i think i enjoyed the first book more, but this was still super important and adorable. so much good representation!! again, i loved the discussion on sex and sex positivity. i also loved the take on how family can be your friends. same problems were what i had with the first one, the writing is a bit stilted ect. it's only a minor thing though!! i def recommended reading both books in this series.
Tasha
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novella series is so wonderful and important and Maria Hollis is quickly becoming a favorite author. I really enjoyed reading Lily's story and I hope there will be more books in this series.
❀
“It was our choice to share life together. It had nothing to do with destiny.”

Ceillie Simkiss
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was wonderful. Adorable relationships, friendships, and characters. Read my full review here!
Lily
‘The Paths We Choose’ is a brilliantly diverse and absolutely adorable new adult F/F contemporary romance that gives a new twist on the friends-with-benefits-to-something-more trope. Filled with fantastically drawn characters, amazingly positive female friendships and a cute, well written storyline this is a must read for lovers of the romance genre. I really loved that the author incorporated discussion about concepts like consent and sexual boundaries and also explored darker elements includin ...more
pi
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the second installment of Lillac Town series, we get to know better Lily (a Brazilian queer chubby girl) and Mayte (a black Cuban bisexual girl), who start as friends with benefits, and end up falling for each other.

It's cute and easy to read, and I think we need more NA romances that are sex positive, that talk about boundaries, and show respectful characters.

Also, we need more stories that say it's good if you choose to be in a relationship, but that you don't need a partner be
Lisa
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

This is the second book of the Lillac Town series. It is set in the same bookstore as the last book and also features a lot of characters from the last book but with a different focus this time.

Lily is a Brazilian girl, who has to deal with her past trying to reach out to her, as well as that casual fling with Mayte. She is still dealing with her families homophobia before she left and cut
Ishita
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was lucky to win a copy of this book in a giveaway and though I hadn't read the first book in the Lillac Town series (with characters from the previous book featuring in this one), it didn't really matter because this can be read as a standalone. If anything, this has piqued my interesting in picking up Lillac Town, #1 .

The Paths We Choose made for a pretty brisk read and I loved just how neatly it covered all arcs wrt. Lily. I mean, there was closure to everything (esp. wrt her defining her
Mel González
"She has the freedom to be who she wants to be. Freedom to love herself without worrying whether other people accept her as she is."

I'm so in love with Maria Hollis' books. She always gives me heart eyes with her characters and the relationship development and dynamics and the gorgeous representation. She really knows how to write cute and diverse romances. In this book we have Lily who doesn't really put a label on herself because she doesn't feel comfortable with it (which is awesome because I
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
Lillac Town series is the one series you need to read if you're searching for diverse New Adult books.

description

The Paths We Choose is the novella about Lily and Mayte. It's really cute and very very steamy. I highly recommend everyone to pick it up and ~if you have the chance to also pick up the previous books ~ they aren't sequels but companions so the characters are different, plus new couple to ship!

Will review it on the blog!
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
IM SO WEAK FOR THESE TWO LIKE UGH I CANNOT WITH HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM AND HOW MUCH I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS IM SO HAPPY.

Im not even mad this is kind of short because it was so perfect, Im just all heart eyes atm
ada
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great rep, great story, great writing.

Only reason it took me so long to read it is bc of a reading slump. (Still kinda in it tbh)
Ann Elise Monte
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqiap-plus, 2017
I enjoyed the first book in the Lillac Town series, so I've been excited to start reading the next one. SapphicAThon gave me the perfect excuse.

Details at a glance:

Genre: NA Contemporary

First published: 2017

Format: ebook

Pairings: F/F

Sexual content: Explicit and frequent

Rep: canonically unlabelled queer plus-sized (white) Brazilian MC, Afro-Cuban bisexual LI, bisexual Japanese-Brazilian supporting character, Indian supporting character, pansexual supporting character, lesbian Filipino supporting character, other Latinx suppo/>/>Sexual/> F/F
 ebook
First/> NA/>Details
Olivia Chanel's Galaxy of Books
This is such a beautiful story and a wonderful second installment in the Lillac Town series. I was heartbroken at times, more so than I expected I would be, but I'd still call this a cute and sexy story that needs to be on your radar. Review to come at a later time.

---

*stands first in line to read this beauty, I need it like humans need air*
Shelly
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful companion novel to the first in the series. I'm really enjoying this series, and I can't wait to keep reading the rest. Each novella features characters that you want to root for and The Paths We Choose is no different. I'm really excited for the sequel since it's going to be about one of the characters I was most intrigued about in this book!
Jinni

I would like to head this review with a special thank you. I was loaned a copy of this book by Marianne (@Mariannereads)! Thank you so much, fellow Froy admirer! Marianne and others are doing this awesome thing called #LittleKindleLibrary and they're lending out ebooks to anyone who'd be kind enough to stick to the rules! I started this book approximately five hours before I finished it and it was so cute and exactly what I needed. Anyway, onto my review!

Buckle up, kids, because this book is kind o/>

Buckle

Nashaly
Thanks to M. Hollis for my e-ARC of The Paths We Choose!

In just a few seconds, she is being embraced by all her roommates. She thinks about all the bad that happened to her in the past few years, and how they have changed her. Losing her family, leaving her old life behind, picking herself up and starting all over again. But it was all worth it because of the love she gained from her new friends.

If you’ve been my Goodreads friend for a while, you may know that I didn’t like The Melody of You and Me a lot. IChoose!
Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧
❛She has the freedom to be who she wants to be. Freedom to love herself without worrying whether other people accept her as she is.❜
I adored The Paths We Choose! It's a cute and steamy f/f romance featuring a Brazilian main character and a Cuban love interest. If you want to read a feel-good sapphic novella featuring a diverse set of characters, I definitely recommend The Paths We Choose! It was so amazing that I finished reading it in one sitting!
❛So many years thinking she wouldn't belong anywhere, and n/>
Veronika
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh, but this was really lovely! 1000% recommended for anyone in need of a cute romance and great friendship. The best thing about this series is how its cast is 99% DIVERSE women. Also, it's amazing to be reading about so many "different types" of college students - some of them are still figuring out what they want to study, some of them are sure, whilst others have already tried one or two things and later realized it wasn't for them.

All in all - anyone who wants to read New Adult novella(s)
« previous 1 3 next »

• Prom Queen Perfect
  • Out on Good Behavior (Radleigh University, #3)
  • Lambs Can Always Become Lions (Until Lambs Become Lions, #1)
  • Keeping Her Secret
  • Treasure
  • Unmasking Zach (Ellery College, #2)
  • The Trouble
  • Gravity
  • My Year of Epic Rock
  • Style (The OTP Series #1)
  • Perfect Together
  • North to You (Journey to the Heart #1)
  • A Vault of Sins (Chaos Theory, #2)
  • Harmonic (Dissonance, #1.5)
  • The Unforgettables
  • As I Am (All Saints, #3)
  • Long Macchiatos and Monsters
  • Getting Him Back (Ethan & Wyatt, #1)
Writer of sapphic stories.

Lillac Town (2 books)
  • The Melody of You and Me (Lillac Town, #1)
“So you don’t like it… at all?” Lost” 1 likes