Start by marking “Tiger Tricks (Amberly, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tiger Tricks (Amberly, #1)

Tiger Tricks

(Amberly #1)

Rhett: I’ve fought a lot of fires but this is one blaze I can’t put out.

I rose from my past and became a damn good fireman. They made me the cover model for the calendar, but I’m still not a fit for polite society.
I don’t do commitment. Or responsibility. But then a crazy fan sent me a puppy — a terrified untrained Dalmatian. I was supposed to throw him away?
The gorgeous
Published December 8th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Tiger Tricks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger Tricks

Start your review of Tiger Tricks (Amberly, #1)
☆ Todd
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it

Both of the MC's in this book were great guys, but they each came with their own set of substantial baggage.

Rhett grew up in foster care, then was later adopted by an amazing couple at age 14, but he still can't recognize his own self-worth, regardless of what others say, so how could he ever be good enough to deserve love? Instead, he settles for out-of-town, one-off Grindr 'dates,' but never anything more. Ever. EVER. E-V-E-R.

As a popular Internet personality, Oscar may have a million You
Denise H.
*** A romance for two men who desperately need each other.
Blue-eyed, 30ish, Rhett, is a hunky Firefighter; Mr. June

on the calendar and has some fans. A Dalmatian puppy is delivered to him at the firehouse, and he can't say no, he can't turn away from the little guy, like he was forgotten as a child.
Rhett takes the puppy to the shelter, where Oscar, 25,

who has dark curly hair and glasses, and bright shirts, helps out, and the men strike a deal. He can't have a dog at his apartment, so Oscar l
Brooklyn
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
I totally loved the chemistry here between Oscar and Rhett. It was like fated mates, but not. They were just meant to be. And it was great because they started as friends and then gave in to the chemistry. And so fun that the town was so supportive. Tiger was adorable and I absolutely loved that the book revolved around this cute little Dalmatian.
Pixie
DNF'd at 62%... Very hallmark/after school special vibe. The two guys are in their mid-20's but the dialogue reads much younger. I tried but got bored. ...more
Tristan
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cop-pi-ff
3/5

It has its moment, but nothing to write home about. One thing stood out, however, were the little drawing of the puppy. At first I was conflicted about them since they made me feel like I'm reading a children book - "The adventure of Tiger the Dalmatian and Friends" and the book does feel that way sometime. However, over time they grew on me, and I was actually looking forward to the next one to come in the book.
Sylvia
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5☆

Such a sweet and cute story.

I really liked the cute little drawings of Tiger in every chapter.
both Mc's came with some baggage and some insecurities but overall it was a very sweet and fluffy story .
I would like to read more about the other men in the adorable little town like Angel or Beckett.
Cadiva
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Illustrations help make this story special

This is a much better rounded story than book one in this loosely connected series and the wonderful illustrations which highlights each chapter help make it feel special.

I felt both Rhett and Oscar were more developed as characters and their relationship was also given time to breathe.
Tiger was a cute dog and I also liked that the author emphasized the importance of having the right sort of dog and that Dalmatian dogs aren't for everyone.

It was also int
Kevin
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Two emotionally damaged men are brought together by a baby/child/puppy/kitten. One is bad at reading, but the other suspects he has dyslexia. All well-worn plots.
Here it's a fireman who gets a Dalmatian puppy and meets a former YouTube star at the animal shelter. The two hit it off but obligatory problems push them apart until the overly sappy conclusion.
It was a fun diversion and it had a lot of nice illustrations. The dog was maybe the best part of the story.
Susan
Dec 23, 2016 marked it as dnf
DNF at 30%

I don't understand the high ratings of this, the writing was quite awful and disjointed.

Not the book for me.
Alisha
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Goodreads has this as the first in the Amberly series while in some places it is listed as the second. They are standalone books, but this did feature Mike, David, and Sarah from Stray Home, so I liked having read that one first. And it was fun to see Sarah again.

Tiger Tricks is the story of Rhett and Oscar. Rhett is a firefighter, one of those hunky ones they put in their calendars. While he is assertive at work and pretends to be outgoing, he's actually a bit shy, so everyone constantly commen
Lora Graham
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-sex
THIS WAS SO DULL. At least 60% of the book is just talking about dogs and Dalmatians and how difficult they are to raise. I don't care! I don't want one!

It took me over a week to finish this book, and that's after I started all over again because I got halfway through it last year and couldn't stand it. It's been sitting in my Kindle Unlimited queue since last May! And it was just as bad the second time around. Rhett is a fireman who the whole world thinks is a hot hero but he has low self-estee
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You can't help but fall in love with Rhett and Oscar. Two men with deep emotional scars that grow to be an amazing couple. Just like the last book, a puppy leads to them meeting. Through Oscar helping Rhett with Tiger and Rhett helping Oscar with remodeling, they trust each other. Trust enough to overcome their struggles and fall in love. ...more
Rachel
Jul 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5* again editing is letting this series down.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series are fast cute reads. The break-ups are really unnecessary but at least they were resolved pretty quickly.
Sadaharuhi
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adorbz
somewhat cheesy but surprisingly good
LDL
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 very sweet
Bo
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Woof!

Even though the curiously named Rhett and Oscar have some serious hang-ups about life, love, each other and themselves, this book is held together by Tiger the Dalmatian, whose cuteness appears throughout in sketches, and whose lot in life is to be loyal, and a matchmaker par excellence.

Not that Rhett and Oscar play secondary roles: Indeed, they are as complex and as frustrating a couple of semi broken guys that you will meet in a guys-are-gay romance, and they come to life from the start.
Louan
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet story- hot fireman, adorable puppy are the yay Points of the book, oblivious characters, lack of communication would be the villian of the piece.
The illustrations were a wonderful addition - unfortunately now I want a puppy & and a hot fireman
But I always want a hot fireman
Patrice Leonard
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it

This was a really cute story. I really adored Rhett. For some reason, I didn't care for Oscar. I can't put my finger on why though to be honest.
Also, I wasn't a fan of how the author portrayed Rhett. After almost the whole book we finally find out how old he was. He is 28. I'm glad it was disclosed because for most of the book, thanks to the way the author wrote him and his dialog I got the impression he was really really young. He spoke like a teenager most of the time. Also, Rhett is
Sharon Hatt
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rhett does not do relationships, victim of neglect and the system he never lets anyone in. When he is sent a Dalmatian puppy that everyone says is trouble he cannot bring himself to abandon him like he was. Oscar was a YouTube star that became disillusioned and moved start fresh and out of the spotlight so he could get his head on straight. When Rhett comes to the shelter with the puppy, Oscar finds himself volunteering to train the puppy, mostly because there is a strong connection brewing from ...more
Suzanne Galbraith
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and adorable

I love mm romance because the books are about two people, and don't get stuck in the usual MF gender tropes. The books are sweeter too. No mafia, no stepbrothers, no gangs, no murders. Just two unique individuals finding themselves and finding love. And this one has a puppy! What is hotter than one gorgeous guy? Two, of course. This book will make you smile and laugh. And the ILLUSTRATIONS!!! What a treat. If nothing else, read this for the unique and charming illustrations tha
Jodi Bobbett
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

Not a lot of MM stories catch and hold my attention but this one had me laughing, almost crying and staying with it to the end almost in one sitting. Great read, great story!!
Jill Kendall
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I want more!!!

Could you write more on Oscar, Rhett and Tiger! This book needs to see more of this couple! I look forward to reading more from Edith Scott!!!
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Quick. Fun. Easy read. Not absolutely amazing but I enjoyed reading it and the characters especially all the same. Plus I loved the fact that this book repeatedly reinforced the fact that going out and getting certain "purebred" dogs such as Dalmatians for a starter dog is not smart and they're a lot of work. It put out some good messages on pet ownership instead of just as bunch of aww this puppy is so cute. ...more
Diane
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tiger Together

A young fireman with no experiences with relationships is immediately attracted to a young recluse who agrees to train a dog he's been gifted with. Luckily, the training goes really, really well!

A sweet romance with an auction that reaches a beautiful conclusion for all.
Elithanathile
Dec 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Okay, this is where I give up where this author is concerned. Nothing about this book worked for me and I found it to be just as bad as - if not worse than - the previous book. Nope. I'm out.

*****
KUed this.
StoneWolf
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved!

I loved this book and these characters! And I really loved the idea of the illustrations of Tiger the puppy throughout the book. It added that extra element! I wish more authors would add these little extras in! This is now one of my favorite books!!!
Eva
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nothing earth shattering but it is sweet and nice. The characters are solid and you appreciate why they are sometimes slow to get together. Informative about dalmatiens, although sometimes I felt like that was too much.

Over a good story and fun to read.
Jenn
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books-read
F.
Loved the illustrations!! Great easy reading, low-angst, feel good story. Definitely reading more from this author.

4 stars

• Fighting for his Fox (A Loving Nip Book 23)
  • Dance Around (Assassin's Claws #5)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Jump Up (Assassin's Claws, #4)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend, #4)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Balthazar (Warlocks of Amherst #2)
  • Winter Freeze (Rags and Riches, #1)
  • Trained by the Boss
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Secret Admirer (Love Notes, #1)
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Snorkeling with a Saw-shark (Beneath Aquatica's Waves, #9)
  • His Accidental Daddy
  • Hard Target (Wrecked: Guardians, #1)
  • How to Elude a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #2)

Amberly (4 books)
  • Bright Haven (Amberly, #2)
  • Let's Pretend We're Married (Amberly, #3)
  • Rescue Me (Amberly, #4)

News & Interviews