Start by marking “Stoned, Naked, and Looking in My Neighbor's Window: The Best Confessions from Grouphug.Us” as Want to Read:

The GroupHug.Us Web site was started as a place for people to totally anonymously post their deepest, darkest secrets and confess them to the world. This collection gathers some of the best of the confessions that have been posted.
Published October 21st 2004 by Justin, Charles and Company

Be the first to ask a question about Stoned, Naked, and Looking in My Neighbor's Window

Start your review of Stoned, Naked, and Looking in My Neighbor's Window: The Best Confessions from Grouphug.Us
PirateSteve
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
A best of compilation taken from an internet site used to make anonymous confessions.
In this spirit I offer my own confession... I don't always pick 5 star books.
Bertha Leal
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A collection of people's darkest secrets will only prove what you already suspected: we are all depraved, weird, and beautifully flawed human beings.
Sophie Mia
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: true-stories
"Stoned, Naked, and Looking in My Neighbor's Window" is an earnest, oft-dark collection of anonymous secrets shared to "grouphug.us," a confessional internet board of yesteryear.

I remember pouring over this book, reading each and every confession from dozens of souls I'd never know (perhaps, however, we have met one or two of them before. We can never be sure!) And yet, there is a strange sort of comfort to read of others' own cringe-inducing memories. Some are humorous, and many are
Jet Taylor
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This has always been a personal favorite. There is comedic and tragic confessions alike. Each one shows you the lives of other people, no matte how small the entry. People are weird.
Taylor
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
About what youd expect from a book full of anonymous internet confessions. Some gave me a good laugh, others were boring and stereotypical
Ashley
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love confessional books, this one is no exception. I laugh, cringe, and in the end, I feel better about myself. We are all crazy in our own ways.
Peacegal
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars-- If you're going to confess something, the anonymity of the Internet might be your best bet. The confessions here range from sad, to funny, to bizarre, to obviously fake (or at least I hope).

There is an overabundance of teenage angst in this collection...the kids who were bullied made me sad, and those who tried way too hard to seem "tough" or "freaky" made me roll my eyes.

One post in particular was memorable in a disturbing way. It was from a young woman racked with guilt after
D. J.
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book if you're an emotional voyeur (which I am).

Did not finish this book - but would have were life dull and boring. I gave my copy to a younger friend who has similar taste in humor and debauchery.

It was not all that captivating after several confessionals; it becomes somewhat repetitive in tone - one awkward admission after another. Another title might be, How to be Human, or, Everyone's An Idiot At Some Point.

A decent read to leave in the powder room.
Chris Moss
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Grouphug.us is now closed, which is good and bad. The bad is it is gone! The good, is that the site posts had been reduced to childish people insulting each other, they were using is like a chat room almost, which is not at all what it was for. Surely this book captured some of the funniest ones. I cried I laughed so hard at some of them. I wish I could find another such book.
Antisocialite
Jul 23, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: voyeurs, busybodies, and nosy people like me
Ultimately, the shortcomings of this book are, as you'd expect, the same as those of the website. For every entertaining, funny, or moving confession, there are pages of repetitive ones. And, of course, admissions from anonymous narcissists (a bizarre phenomenon, but one that has become fairly common on the web).
Kimberly
Apr 01, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Pervs, voyers
Shelves: bookmarked
Fun to read for about 5 minutes and then it just sat on my shelf forever until I forgot about it. It's fun to open up once in awhile and read a confession but not a sustainable source of entertainment... Some of the confessions seem hokey and/or fake.
Christina
Apr 10, 2008 rated it liked it
This was recommended from Amazon when I bought the "Found" books, so I jumped. I love the idea of the Web site from which this collection was born, but I found the decisions as to what to include sometimes trivial/childish.
Kalle Wescott
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
I read this, having met Gabriel, and also as market research in thinking about apps like Secret, Whisper, and the like.

It was a lot more engaging than I thought it would be, and had about 10 lols.

Garrett
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Confession, pretty straight forward stuff. Most are most likely genuine, definitely some trolls in there though.
Becky
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable. Some confessions were so bad, that I had to continue to read... they closed the website September 7...
Kira
Jan 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I could not stop laughing. And I was shocked for the most part. Makes me feel better about all my sins..
Guillermo
Sep 01, 2007 rated it really liked it
check out top of page 77!!!!
Caty
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was ok
Makes you feel better about yourself by listing a whole panopoly of sins committed by the anonymous contributors to gtouphug.us.
Jennafhur
Jul 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Basically a Post Secret without the artwork. It took me a while to pick it back up after I originally started it, but I ended up reading the majority of it in two days.
Slavi
Mar 31, 2008 rated it liked it
Straight from the website, but a great washroom read.
Beki
Jun 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I'm in this book. My first published work!
Antoinette
Dec 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of secrets, people that feel guilty, teens, everyone!
Shelves: again-and-again
I will never again think about toothpaste the same way.
stephanie
Feb 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
grouphug.us is better as a website than an anthology.
Erik
Jul 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of confessions, mostly short. Great bathroom reading.
Julie

• L'ordine del tempo
  • Sheets
  • Math Work Stations: Independent Learning You Can Count On, K-2
  • Mortified
  • Mayim's Vegan Table: More than 100 Great-Tasting and Healthy Recipes from My Family to Yours
  • The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker
  • The Thong Also Rises: Further Misadventures from Funny Women on the Road
  • Everything Beautiful
  • Life Artist
  • Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
  • When We Collided
  • Landline
  • Isadora Moon Goes to School (Isadora Moon, #1)
  • Dance, Tanya
  • I Am a Dancer (Young Dreamers)
  • The Costume Ball (Angelina Ballerina)
  • Christmas in Mouseland