Start by marking “TWISTED TIMES: Son of Man” as Want to Read:
TWISTED TIMES: Son of Man

TWISTED TIMES: Son of Man

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Once a coffin robber, murderer and most wanted criminal, Kennedy Paul Maina walks away from his dark past. He used to run away from the police, runs away from the government he decided serve, then he runs away from himself.

When he is exonerated of fraud charges, Kennedy goes to work for the British High Commissioner’s Office of Foreign Intelligence (OFI) where he spies on
PDF, 329 pages
Published 2015 by Mystery Publishers LTD

To ask other readers questions about TWISTED TIMES, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TWISTED TIMES

really liked it 4.00  ·

Eva
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Few people make things happen, scores watch things happen, but millions do not have an idea of what is happening…”

More on http://evamuturi.wordpress.com
Nancy Oyula
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Book; Twisted Times, Son of Man starts with a lady, Shannon in hospital. She’s being urged by a nurse to ‘push’. One can tell she’s about to give birth.

Fast forward 18 years later, we are introduced to a new character, ken. He is meeting with his Uncle Job, and father. His uncle job wants him to work for him. Ken doesn’t want to work for the uncle but to go to the university to study. Ken suspects his uncle deals in dirty businesses thus doesn’t want to be part of it. He then storms out of t
Dora Okeyo
This is not your normal crime story, neither is it a case of murders nor a mystery, but it is a story of survival as told by Ken a.k.a Son of Man a.k.a Paul.

What starts as a young man's desire for a good education and better life away from his alcoholic step dad turns into a life of robbery, murder, and loss of the ideals that Ken held.
I liked reading about Ken's perspectives because in those chapters I could follow his journey in life while hoping he makes it to the end. There are a lot of ch
Mystery Books
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewer: Nancy Oyula

Vincent is a Kenyan author and blogger whose love for writing can be seen through his works. His first book, ‘First Words’ won Nairobi International Book Fair in 2010. He has written a couple of poems too, which have been published on various online platforms.

Fast forward 18 years later, we are introduced to a new charact
Mystery Books
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewer: Eva Muturi

Kennedy Maina made it happen big, major, film way in this book while I just watched when each event unfolded in the most unpredictable manner but for those who have no idea what my uproar is all about just know that I got that action, UNPUTDOWNABLE KENYAN book which is a trilogy! Like for the sake of those who go yapping “oooh I don’t read Kenyan books because th
Elove Poetry
What I love must about the story, is how the author managed the plot, in a suspenseful and articulated way. The sex scenes were scintillating, well described. And the characters were captured with precision. There were several typos though that should be edited, maybe in the revised edition. Also, some of the dialogues were too novel and didn’t quite fit the characters. Most of the conversations sounded a tad too American, it makes one wonder if the story was actually set in Africa. Also, at a p ...more
Nduka
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Phew! I just completed the crime thriller, Twisted Times: Son of Man, by Kenyan author- Vincent de Paul. Boy, it was indeed a good read! Every page was a hit, back to back! And I'm like "egbon Vincent de Paul, if you want my 5 Star rating come and collect it!" (Well, I ended up giving the book a 4 star rating though, in as much as it is a riveting story, I believe there's always room for improvement)

Kennedy Maina aka Son of Man, is the main cast of the story which is sectioned into four parts,
Vincent de Paul
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
TWISTED TIMES: Son of Man is the story of the life and times of a hard incorrigible coffin robber turned law-abiding citizen who calls himself Son of Man. Could he be Jesus? Is he Jesus? It is a story rife with passion, love and hate in equal measure, enough sex to get you sexting, corruption, money and the underworld.

The times twist and the bad guy joins the good guys. Gory murders follow, and exiles, and lastly self-exile. There is only one place left to run to, the Church, but even there ther
Vera Omwocha
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You’re looking for a good crime thriller for a weekend getaway? Well, here you go. SON OF MAN: TWISTED TIMES journeys through the life of one man, Kennedy Maina, who would later baptize himself Paul. Form his teenage years, Kennedy is a troubled soul and his less than perfect family, most especially his step- father, do not seem to be of much help. Kennedy runs away from home and joins university against his step- father’s wishes. This does not make his life easier as he is caught up in the web ...more
Nyashadzashe Chikumbu
Boniface Sagini
Oct 19, 2016
Jepchumba Rutto
Oct 20, 2016
Born Samuel Vincent de Paul(שְׁמוּאֵל), Vincent de Paul, is a Kenyan freelance writer, author, blogger, and poet.

Vincent is the author of the bestselling collection of flash fiction stories series, Flashes of Vice. He has written sensational love poetry, and he blogs at:

1. http://www.poeticjustnes.com

2. http://www.flashesofvices.com

3. http://www.elovepoetry.wordpress.com.

Awards

Storymoja Afric
“Believe nothing, question everything, assume nothing.” 1 likes
“When I started off, I believed that the true determinant of how great I was was through my lifestyle, wardrobe, the type of car I drove, being seen with the right people; and if I made it unscathed, the estates I would own, and how the media would be singing my name like Urbanas’s. I saw my father apologizing for not supporting me.

But life is a twisty bastard.

When I called it quits on robbery, drugs, hedonism, and paedophilia and most probably necromancy—the ‘scarletest’ of sins according to me—I made a vow never to live a profane life again, not even the most subtle of snares would entrap me. I had seen them all, even in their disguises, and I knew them when I saw them.”
0 likes