Start by marking “Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 3: Careless Whiskers” as Want to Read:
Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 3: Careless Whiskers

Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 3: Careless Whiskers

(Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  622 ratings  ·  92 reviews
Hellcat has had nothing but bad luck ever since the Black Cat crossed her path. But now that Felicia's got a whole girl gang in her claws, how can Patsy possibly win this cat fight?! Especially with her best friend on the fence, and distracted by an old flame...

COLLECTING: PATSY WALKER, A.K.A. HELLCAT! 13-17
Published August 1st 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 3

really liked it 4.00  ·

Chad
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
The book kind of goes off the rails here so it's probably a good thing the series came to an end. For some reason, the cutesiness of the book really grated on me this time. Maybe because there's not much story here? It just feels like filler until the end of the book.
Paul E. Morph
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
What?! Marvel have cancelled another of their hipster-bait books?! Colour me amazed...
Chris Lemmerman
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
[Read as single issues]
It's Patsy...for the final time. With one last volume, Kate Leth and Britney Williams' Hellcat says goodbye - but not before putting Patsy through literal hell as all of her evil exes turn up for revenge, thanks to an ill-advised Hedy Wolfe plot.

I'm very sad to see this series go, but it gets a very good send-off in these final issues as Patsy and her friends come to the ends of their respective character arcs. The absence of She-Hulk is noticeable, but Jubilee fills in qu
Alex Sarll
At once finished before its time and, these days, a surprisingly long uninterrupted run for a Marvel book. Perhaps pitched a little older and queerer than Squirrel Girl, but very much in the same cheerful, goofy, inclusive vein, this series has been delightful throughout and I hope will find many more readers in the trades. Though the singles were worth it for all the cat pictures in the letters page, and in particular for the final letter in the final issue, which praises the comic for taking o ...more
Murphy
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm really disappointed this series ended so quickly, because it was a great experience to read for multiple reasons, one of them being how LGBT characters were featured as being accepted and cared about throughout the stories.

The last few issues were cheerful but also had meaning to them, and I'm glad that the writers were given enough time to be sure this volume ended on a high note.

It's a shame the comic wasn't able to continue, but at least since it's short I can probably convince more of
Rebekah Gordon
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a shame that this book ended (although I know I'm partly to blame, being a trade-waiter and all). Kate deserves so much credit for making this mostly-neglected character into such a cute, great person with a full world. Especially the stuff around Jen in this volume got me all 😭. Also it's just so funny and cute. Vamp Jubes get to mall rat around! So many hijinks!
Kendra
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
<3 Yes please more
Chell
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad to get to the end

This was such a great series to read. It was funny but also dealing with real life issues. Patsy is so interesting. I love that she gets stressed because she takes on too much. I love that sometimes she had problems opening up and sharing. But she is also so caring. She's such a great character who feels so real. I'm going to miss Patsy and the gang but I'm so happy to have read this series.
Xanthe
So very sad that this is the last Pasty Walker, AKA Hellcat volume! This series was so cute and fun, even though it had its serious moments, Patsy and her friends are so delightful, diverse without being heavy-handed, and so supportive of each other. The wacky hijinks are intermingled with their personal stuff and superhero backstory is referenced gracefully. I'll miss this series going forward, but what we got was full of great moments and adorable artwork. Highly recommended.
Jasmine
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this series a lot, and this issue makes a great cap on a canceled-too-soon series. (*sniff*) Pansy gets reality-altering stress flu! They fight an evil girl-gang! Mall trip! The series has such fun art and the writing is so full of love and everybody is just SUCH GOOD FRIENDS. <3 <3 <3 <#
Rick
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More rollicking good times with Patsy and pals! Another slam dunk of silly, cute humor that is just purrfect for this character. Absolutely delightful.
Claire
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-marvel
This was real cute guys I'm so sad it got canceled
Christine
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I will miss this comic so much! Patsy is delightfully hilarious and the art is amazingly adorable.
Waffle
Friendship and talking through your problems and beautiful queer people everywhere. Everything good. Love.
Kristina Feeney
it's almost as if this volume was written specifically for me. It references Wham! and Interview with the Vampire. It just needed some Howie Mandel.
Ariel Cummins
Marvel, please stop canceling great titles. Thanks!
Kazia
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gn-comics
Absolutely CRUSHED this is the last volume. What a gem of a series.
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A lovely end to a cute series that ended too soon
Tracey
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Volume three is titled Careless Whiskers, since Patsy makes herself sick which causes some alterations to reality. It's also (seemingly) the last volume of the series.

I really loved this book. Black Cat's arc was resolved but still left open ended. It was interesting to see two former friends now acting as enemies. For such a light read, this comic has some deep layers. By far, Jubilee is my favorite character. She is just the freaking best. I don't really know much about her but I'm glad she m
Downward
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it
the final volume of patsy walker aka hellcat doubles down on the themes that established this comic as something worth reading: the friendships that are built among outsiders. there are three small arcs here that tie up all the stuff from the previous issues, including an emotionally connection to she-hulk and the events of civil war 2; I think this one slipped away from me a little somehow because I lost the momentum of the previous volumes and stepping back into this kind of art and dialogue i ...more
Shannon Appelcline
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Hellcat never manages to hit the heights of it v1, but this is nonetheless better than the poorly-organized and anticlimactic v2. Oh, it starts off with the other half of the Black Cat story from v2, that was inexplicably cut off right in the middle, and that Black Cat story continues to be over-stretched and dull.

But, there are nice character bits, and we get more nice character bits in the two-parter flu story and the one-parter shopping story that conclude the comic (and which are better tha
Nadja
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5* Overall I really liked this series and I also enjoyed this volume even though I liked the previous two better. The story was still a lot of fun and there were still a lot of the things I liked in the previous volumes: the likable and diverse characters, the cute art, the light and humorous tone and that Patsy has to deal with everyday problems while also having to deal with supernatural stuff. The story in this volume just seemed kind of disconnected though I would have liked it more to hav ...more
Melle
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Linnea, if only to give her more cosplay fodder
Recommended to Melle by: Luke Cage
Three-point-five stars, rounded up because it's nice to have an inclusive comic with some representative diversity. This particular installment took me a while to get into, probably because I am totally ignorant on all sorts of Marvel storylines leading up to this. (I'm still super, super confused about Vampire Jubilee. What the what, really?!) This all being said, even with a significant Marvel Universe knowledge gap, I was still able to enjoy it (when I wasn't spacing off because, again, Vampi ...more
Ashley
I'm sad this series ended here--I had no idea it was cancelled when I was reading it and I hoped that the fourth volume would blow me away a bit more. The first volume was so promising, but the end of the series didn't really close the deal for me. Fun and enjoyable, I liked it. Didn't have enough time to really build a beautiful arc or have the kinds of character explorations that turn like into love.
Nadia Jaramillo
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really did love this last graphic novel, but I felt that there were some things unfinished especially with Jen & Patsy. You can't end the series without finding out what happens with Jen. U was hoping we would get some kind of closure with that, but we didn't. Overall though, it was a great series and I was sad to read that was the end of the Patsy Walker series. I really did love the characters in it & makes me want to see Patsy and the gang again. I hope someday.
Elizabeth
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
The continuation of the kind of boring out of place Black Cat story line which was meh. And a new story arc where Patsy has a reality shifting flu caused by stress which was quite good if silly. I rolled my eyes at Belial and Patsy's arch nems turnaround and relationship but then got on board. Mr. Sniffles was adorable. And a single issue about a trip to the mall that was cute but also just kind of okay.
Audrey Marquardt
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel, comics
Total bummer that this heart-warming and charming series was cancelled. Was looking forward to like, a super badass and cuddly crossover with Unbeatable Squirrel Girl or something similarly perfect for these great characters. I loved the strong, affectionate friendships, learning more about She-Hulk (note to self: go read She-Hulk), and watching Patsy grow her agency and confidence.
Geppis Baltimore
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe the series is over already! I'm so sad to see it go, but at least it had a strong send off. I loved this series so much, it's lighthearted and at times silly which is great for younger readers and kids at heart. I would recommend this for fans of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl because the humor is similar, so many puns!
Reme
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, cómics-2018
Al igual que los volúmenes anteriores, muy divertido y entretenido, las tramas no son impactantes, rebuscadas o para recordar, pero lo pasas muy bien leyéndolo. Además los personajes son todos geniales y hay mucha representación, cosa que en la mayoría de cómics escasea, por desgracia. Lo mejor sin duda ha sido Patsy, es un personaje que realmente inspira, y me ha encantado acompañarla en este viaje de auto-descubrimiento y superación personal.

Aunque no sea un cómic que considere esencial, voy a
Daniel Butcher
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: marvel
I see what they are doing here. But it's hard for me to jump between, often on the same page, cartoony and realistic art. And I see how they want to do a romance funny book, but the content is really not all ages to me.

I think it would have been better to just create a new character to try this experiment with.
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 5: Like I'm the Only Squirrel in the World
  • The Unstoppable Wasp, Vol. 1: Unstoppable!
  • Hawkeye: Kate Bishop, Vol. 2: Masks
  • Mockingbird, Vol. 2: My Feminist Agenda
  • DC Comics Bombshells, Vol. 3: Uprising
  • Batgirl, Volume 2: Son of Penguin
  • She-Hulk, Volume 1: Deconstructed
  • Wonder Woman '77, Vol 1
  • Invincible Iron Man: Ironheart, Volume 1: Riri Williams
  • Avengers: The Enemy Within
Kate Leth (born 1989) is a comic artist and illustrator who has been posting her comics online since late 2010. She is mostly known as a webcomic artist, although she has been published in a few anthologies and occasionally sells prints of her mini-comics. She works at the comic shop "Strange Adventures" in Halifax, Canada.
She also writes for Bravest Warriors, Fraggle Rock and Edward Scissorhands

Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat! (3 books)
  • Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Volume 1: Hooked on a Feline