Start by marking “Naked Chocolate” as Want to Read:
Naked Chocolate

Naked Chocolate

Free tracking. History of chocolate.
Published May 1st 2005 by Sunfood Nutrition (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Naked Chocolate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naked Chocolate

Start your review of Naked Chocolate
Jacquelinn Kai
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
Lot's of great information and truth about the Raw gem of a bead. Just, believe it or not, I am kind of getting over the necessity for chocolate.
Amanda Paisley
Nov 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
Upon cracking the cover of 'Naked Chocolate', one first encounters the disclaimer issued by the David-Shazzie duo. Not too surprising given the subject matter (natural health, etc.). Shocking however, is the 'Note on References' that follows three paragraphs later. The reserach that went into the book is referred to as 'chaos magic'. Personally, I prefer documented facts. The authors go on to state that some references to studies and facts were lost. Lost? Here I quickly become skeptical of the ...more
Polina
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I expected a lot from this book, but perhaps precisely because I am a raw foodist chocolate addict myself the title just didn't measure up. I read the theoretical part of it in one sitting, skipping the endless chemical composition lists and diagrams (seriously, is anyone is interested in that I believe they will be conducting their own independent research and such data does not belong in a mass interest cookbook/reference title in my opinion). I don't feel like I have learned much new from it, ...more
Damien
Oct 13, 2009 rated it liked it
David Wolfe's books are getting better as the years go by, but not good enough. I liked this one just a tad more than Superfoods, although I am still sceptical. Almost convince, but not quite. The photos are really cool, as well as the Galeano style dabbling into Meso-American legend. There is also an illustated outline of most of the foods from Superfoods. I figure some day Wolfe will be able to revise his books and give us something cool and straightforward without being such a cheeseball. ...more
Jasmine
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
About as 'twirling hippie' a book as you can get and I absolutely loved it. The raw food community is pretty guilty of circular referencing of scientific 'proof' and 'research' and there is plenty of pseudoscience in evidence here but... I don't need scientific proof to know something makes me feel fabulous and that something is delicious and that's what this book is all about. FULL of inspiration for how to harness the miraculous health powers of cacao.
Viktoria Nieva-Gomez
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this book already 10 years ago and really enjoyed it at the time... it sparked my passion to experiment with making my own raw vegan chocolate. With recent findings that cacao is quite contaminated with heavy metals I changed from having it every day to once in a while. Some of David Wolfe's ideas I find quite whacky but entertaining.
Sharolyn
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Chocolate is good for you... but most especially best when it is in it's most natural state - raw and dark. This book encouraged me to make my own raw chocolate from scratch. Which I still hope to do ... one day. In the mean time I enjoy the darkest chocolate I can find with the least unnecessary ingredients.
Ayden B
Feb 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Live and love by chocolate
Imageseer
Jan 30, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: good-eats
The naked truth about this wonderful food's origins, traditions from a hippie's point of view. Some interesting and healthy ideas about how to best partake of this fruit of the gods.
Rachel
Sep 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, non-fictrion
Lots of info and some good reciepes.
Anna
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Chocolate is the best thing in the world for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oliver
Dec 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book about the bean that chocolate's made from and the tasty health world of raw food.
Loree
Feb 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: foodies
excellent addition to a foodies book shelf. Good collection of recipes and information about cacao (raw chocolate).
Margaret Ray

• Orr: My Story
  • Technology in the Law Office
  • Family Law: The Essentials
  • The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss
  • Broken Lines (A Tale Of Survival In A Powerless World #1)
  • In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto
  • The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health: Restore Your Health by Creating pH Balance in Your Diet
  • Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1)
  • Shift (Shift, #1-3; Silo, #2)
  • Dust (Silo, #3)
David Wolfe is a self-proclaimed Nutrition and Wellness Expert. Author of Eating For Beauty, Superfoods: Food and Medicine of the Future, Amazing Grace, Sunfood Diet Success System.