Start by marking “Under the Bleachers” as Want to Read:
Under the Bleachers

Under the Bleachers

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  432 Ratings  ·  154 Reviews
One kiss can change everything.

Fun and flirty Monica Stevens lives for chocolate, fashion, and boys … in that order. And she doesn’t take life too seriously, especially when it comes to dating. When a night of innocent banter with Seattle’s hottest NFL quarterback turns passionate, she fears that everything she once managed to protect will soon be destroyed.

Seattle’s most
Published February 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Under the Bleachers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Bleachers

Chele'
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Nooooo!!!" That was my immediate reaction when I turned the last page. I did not want this story to be over. It was absolutely perfect in every way. For some reason I assumed this was a light hearted romantic comedy, which it is but it's also SO much more. I feel so privileged that I was able to jump into another K.K. Allen world and it was almost like two books in one. It's the kind of book that grabs your full attention in the first paragraph. I felt so giddy reading about Monica and Zach, th ...more
K.K. Allen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi everyone! Under the Bleachers will be released on February 28, 2017! Companion to Up in the Treehouse, both novels are interconnected standalone novels. You do not need to read Up in the Treehouse prior to reading Under the Bleachers.

PREORDER LINK: Amazon: smarturl.it/UndertheBleachers

Parallel_UTB photo UTB_Parellel_cover_zpsmy0vqmsk.jpg

Mud_Under the Bleachers photo UTB_Wish_cover_zpsnvzud8en.jpg
Michelle
5 Sweet Stars!
I loved this book! I'm telling you this is a year for new to me authors that have just wowed me! I had a hard time putting this down once I started it. It was really that good!

Monica has some serious walls built up around her heart. She refuses to let any one in. She was hurt terribly by her father leaving when she was younger and will not go through that pain again. She has sworn off all relationships. But then Zach barges his way into her life.

Is it so awful to want a man that w
KristaMae
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**

Title: Under The Bleachers
Author: K. K. Allen
Release Date: 2/28/17
Genre: New Adult/Sports Romance
My Rating: 5 chocolate covered Stars!

(Fangirl Warning: This book contains a super hot lead guy that will invade your book boyfriend dreams and cause you to swoon multiple times.)

{Under The Bleachers is a companion novel to Up in the Treehouse. You don't have to read Up in the Treehouse to enjoy Under The Bleachers, but I'd hig

Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book.

This author is becoming one of my best obsessions.

The meaning behind the message in this story, is so important.

These characters I am head over heels in love with.

I wasn't sure what this book would bring me.

Heartbreak ✔

Angst ✔

Desperation ✔

Must Read ✔

“The wounds are fresh. We’re all still bleeding. But I’m not the victim in this story … and I sure as hell am not the enemy.”

photo 2B67C21F-108E-4D74-9367-589599CB495D_zpsf5mmr1ap.jpg
Nance
One of the sweetest romances ever! Filled with hope and promise to change the past! Monica Stevens was careful. She didn't give her heart away. She didn't get into relationships deep. She never wanted her heart to broken again. But, when she meets Zachary Ryan, he changes everything. The man is just larger than life. Sweet and caring. Gorgeous to look at. But, Monica is just so afraid to trust him. Unfortunately, her job requires her to work with him, and the more she gets to know him, she knows ...more
Derna
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

After reading and absolutely loving K. K Allen's previous book Up in the Treehouse I was excited to get stuck into Under the Bleachers and just like Up in the Treehouse this book didn't disappoint.

“When There’s Chemistry There’s a Way”

Monica and Zachary's story was an emotional read, and I was hooked from the very first page. I liked Monica, who was sassy, funny, creative, and independent. As for Zach well, what can I say l
Lucy
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come!
Tiffany Johnson
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was super good and ended up coming from an angle I was totally not expecting and I'm so glad it did! It was sweet, funny, surprisingly emotional (like I had to stop a few times to will back impending tears) angsty, and had a great message about not letting fear control your life and forgiveness. I understand Monica so much better now (I had thought her actions sometimes strange in Up in the Treehouse.) Zach is a gem and I loved his big heart. Great read, just WOW!
Laura Jackson
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I hope there will be a sequel I am not ready to say good bye to Gavin and Chloe and Monica and Zack!! There was no epilogue so that gives me hope foe a sequel!!!
Ashleigh Wilson
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february
K.K Allen has quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Up in the Treehouse instantly became one of my top reads of 2016 and now Under the Bleachers is following in it's giant footsteps. Allen has this poetic way of writing. She doesn't simply string words together to create a story. It's like artistry, creating a beautiful and realistic look into the world she has created. You don't simply read her stories, you experience them.
I connected very deeply to Monica, the female lead. She has secr
Alie
My review: 5 stars! :D
GIVEAWAY!! GIVEAWAY!! Click on the link here-->a Rafflecopter giveaway .....................................................................................................
I am thrilled to have UNDER THE BLEACHERS as one of the FEBRUARY BOOK SPOTLIGHTS on my Pinterest Book Blog: Bookscape Away!!! K. K. Allen quickly became one of my favorite authors and I'm excited and gr
Steph
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it

This book begins with Monica...once again finding herself in a situation where she has a man who is interested in her but she just can't go there. Her childhood issues make it difficult for her to trust men and she is not a relationship kind of girl...especially not with a football player.

But Zach is persistent and won't take no for an answer. The more time Monica and Zach spend together, the closer they become but Monica has a big secret and when the truth comes out, do they have any h
Mercedes
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
A companion to Up in the Treehouse, this book follows BelleCurve employee Monica Stevens and the star quarterback for Seattle, Zach Ryan. This one was sweet and enjoyable, it did seem to drag a bit when Monica and Zach were at odds with one another but overall, it was a good NA story.
For a fleeting moment, I imagine this is what Belle must feel like when she dances with the Beast. Small, yet important. Strong, yet vulnerable. Afraid, yet too proud to show it. And protected—
Monica is bored
Jen Zingaro
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to see this book. First of all, I adored Up in the Treehouse. Secondly, the cover is just AMAZING. Be prepared to buckle down, this book is long. This book is about Monica and Zach who we first met in the Up in the Treehouse. Zach is a professional football player and Monica works at the PR firm that he uses. I started this book on a Sunday and if I read during the week, it takes longer as work, kids and life impede my reading and most nights I fall asleep with my kindle. It was ...more
Cyndi
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Under the Bleachers is KK Allen's stunning follow-up to Up in the Treehouse. Once again I was astonished by the intensity of the story and Allen's writing. Really, I should have known yet it took my by surprise. The story kept me completely captivated I find that days later I'm still thinking about it. I spent a great part of my reading experience feeling intense heartache and forlorn. But there's so much more to it. Monica is just a fascinating character and Zach , well he's simply Zach.

When w
Flo Grugel
Jul 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This book wasn't for me I'm afraid.
Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roxie and Jen's Review

Every time you open a a book, you take a deep breath and hope that you'll be swept off your feet—lost in the journey with amazing characters, a plot you travel through with them and that you'll feel complete satisfaction once you've read the last page.

After reading Up in the Treehouse, we have to admit that we were a little nervous that Under the Bleachers wouldn't possibly live up to the magic K.k. delivered. And Monica?! We met her in the first book and although Bleache
K.S. Marsden
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Monica works so hard to be emotionally independent, she never lets guys get close, and she's happy with that. But after she cracks and agrees to go out with American football star Zach, things are about to change.

I received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.
This is a follow up to Allen's Up In The Treehouse, but it works very well as a standalone.

I really liked a good chunk of this. I thought that it was really flirty and fun between Zach and Monica. It's a little bit sporty, but not
Anna Doe
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review*

*3.5 – 4 chocolate cake stars*

This is the first book I read by K.K. Allen and I have to say I liked it. Her style of writing is descriptive, but not exaggerated and it’s easy to follow.

Under the bleachers is stand alone contemporary sports romance.

Monica Stevens is a young woman working in BelleCurve until she decides what she wants to do with her life. The same PR agency that Zachery Rayn works with. They have been flirting an
Jacqueline Brown
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
K.K. Allen scores a touchdown with Under the Bleachers!

I was first introduced to K.K. Allen when I had a chance to read and review Up in the Treehouse. When reading a new author, you don't know what to expect. Well K.K. blew me away! Up in the Treehouse surpassed anything I could have expected and was one of my top reads of 2016. Needless to say, I was excited to see what K.K. would do next and as soon as Under the Bleachers was announced, I knew I had to read it.

Under the Bleachers is a contemp
Meghan
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
K.K. Allen is quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors!

Under the Bleachers centers around Monica from Up in the Treehouse. Monica seems to be stuck in a transition period of her life. Not knowing exactly where her passion lies, she takes a job as office manager at BelleCurve Creative until she can figure it out. BelleCurve just happens to be the same PR agency who represents Zack Ryan, Seattle quarterback and hottest bachelor in the city. As Zack and Monica get to know one another and sp
Aly Plum
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received and ARC copy for this book in exchange for an honest review**

5 chocolate covered strawberries!!

This is the story of Monica and Zachary. We were blessed to read about them in "Up In The Treehouse"

Monica is a young woman working at a creative agency called BelleCurve. She has some unfinished issues on her past that are hunting her now.

Zach is a successful NFL player, with all that NFL body, playing for Seattle team. He was bullied at his teenage years and now he is trying to show the
Pam
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I get so excited when I find an author I have never read before and KK Allen is amazing!!! Under the Bleachers is soooo good.

Monica Aka Cakes refuses to get involved in any long term relationships. At a young age life threw her a curve ball and she finds it impossible to trust. Zach is a star quarterback in the NFL who also happens to carry a bit of baggage. But when you put these two together you get a beautiful angst filled love story with a huge twist. A twist I never saw coming.

This book w
Elsie Caba
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"What’s meant to be … simply is"

I loved this story. Zachary is what every book boyfriend should be for us girls. He's handsome, sexy but also sweet and kind. He gives so much to his loved ones and everyone around him.

Monica we meet in Up in the tree house and she was kind of a mistery to me. Here we get to know her better and even though sometimes I wanted to smack some sense into her I understand where she was coming from and was happy that at the end she understood and did what was needed to
Sammie Lynn
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy Moly. This book. After reading Up in the Treehouse, I wanted more, and Under the Bleachers did it for me. The writing is unbelievable- the angst is through the roof- the banter is insanely entertaining. K.K. Allen totally wraps you in her words and holds you hostage through this story. It was so good that I just plowed through..
and then I hit the peak.. the twist.
You know that moment when your reading and your like... "WAIT WAIT WAIT... WHAT?!?!?! NO WAY!! I didn't even see that coming fr
Joelle ★My Book Angel Blog★
Another 5 star read by the amazing K.K. Allen. I adored Under The Bleachers. I'm so happy she gave us a story about the secondary characters we met in Under The Tree House, Zach and Monica.

We met Monica in Under The Tree House when Chloe started her job at BelleCurve and the two became instant best friends. They both hit it off immediately. Monica Stevens has always been the life of the party. Flirty, fun, and boy crazy. Relationships are always kept at arms length for her. She has a past filled
Annie4821
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! Not only do I share the love of chocolate, I have a very similar situation with my father as Monica did. I was amazed at how much our feelings, and the fear of giving yourself to someone, was so close to mine. I'm actually going to see my father in a few weeks after decades of not seeing him. This book helped me work through some of the anxiety of my upcoming trip. Although this book is "just a story", I'm hopeful that there's a possibility for healing and forgiven ...more
Dee
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***
I loved this book just as much as the first one. The characters are so likable and you really get invested in their story and of course want them to overcome the odds/their issues and be together.

Monica and Zachary's story is complicated and when delving deeper into their connection and backgrounds it becomes even more so. Monica has a lot of baggage from a life lived in the shadow of her model sister. She just floats throug
Cassandra Curiel
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copies, arcs
*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
"What I'm looking for is a way to accept my past, because until I do, I won't be able to accept my future."
This was my second read by K.K. Allen and I loved it! I was super excited to dive back into the world of these characters especially since a few of my all time favorite characters, Chloe and Gavin, made appearances from 'Up in the Treehouse.'
This book is told in dual POV and it follows Monica, Chloe's friend, and Zachary, an NFL Quar
K.K. Allen is an award-winning Contemporary Romance author, University of Washington Alumni, and Seattle Seahawk fan!!

K.K.'s debut romance novel, Up in the Treehouse, was recently named Romantic Times Best New Adult Book of the Year! An honor beyond belief!

At age twelve, K.K. picked up a pen and wrote her first novel, a YA rock star romance that will never see the light of day :) She continued fi
More about K.K. Allen...

“Sweet Tooth   Chocolate tresses cascade down your back, Thick honey and cinnamon reside in your eyes, Strawberry ice cream flavors your lips, And you speak with mint bubblegum replies, You give every piece of your apple pie heart, And heal with your macaroon touch, A caramel kindness fills your soul, And you wonder why I crave you so much. – L.H. @lhoferpoetry” 0 likes