Start by marking “Love the Way You Lie (Stripped, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love the Way You Lie (Stripped, #1)

Love the Way You Lie

(Stripped #1)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  3,234 Ratings  ·  353 Reviews
A dark romance about the lies that lead us down…

I’ll do anything to get safe, even if that means working at the scariest club in town.

I’ll do anything to stay hidden, even if it means taking off my clothes for strangers.

I’ll do anything to be free. Except give him up. When he looks at me, I forget why I can’t have him. He’s beautiful and scarred. His body fits mine, fill
Published December 2016 by Amazon Digital Services (first published March 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Love the Way You Lie, please sign up.
Melissa 18 or older. There are dark themes and situations Not suitable for anyone under 18.

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

LIVE on AMZ- http://amzn.to/1EhfQcV

photo B5020D2F-963B-4D50-88AF-1EBFBC926064_zpsnfq0eezt.jpg

Honey isn't my real name, but as each day goes by, I feel less and less like Honor Moretti.

This is Honor Moretti's story. She's the daughter of a Mafia don and she's on the run. On the run from her father, from her ruthless fiancée, from the Mob. Her one and only goal is to keep her 16-year old sister Clare, safe. If she has to strip to do it, she will. Sometimes you're best hidden when you're in plain view...

photo 70277F20-5BB2-4B3B-A94B-E0C9CE93EE91_zpsc8hwd5rp.jpg

Honor (stage name Honey) senses him in the crowd
Saffron
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 "Didnt feel it" Stars!

I have been on a Skye Warren roll these days. I adored Prisoner and her writing so much that I dived into this one too. However, I just didn't feel it.

The rating is solely based on her writing and last half of the book. The first half was such a chore for me. I didn't feel any connection with our down-trodden heroine named Honor/Honey. And the mysterious Kip was just that--Mysterious. We didn't get to know anything about him until the very end. And seriously, all the m
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
description

Honor Moretti is on the run. She run away from her father, a Mafia Don and her asshole fiancée to protect herself and her sister. To do that she works a as stripper in a shitty bar, offering up extras for more cash. One night she meets Kip, a mysterious stranger who’s interested in her more than her usual clients. She doesn’t like the way he watches her and she feels there’s something more about him than his dangerous looks.

”I felt his interest, more than sexual. I felt his suspicion. I felt
~ Becs ~
Ugh! I do so hate it when this happens. After the awesome Prequel to this series, I was positively salivating for Love The Way You Lie, counting down the days to its release and then it didn't quite live up to my expectations. Skye Warren is an author I've enjoyed many times before in the past and I'm really sad this one didn't quite hit the mark for me.

After the prequel, I think I was probably expecting Clara's story but the story we get is of her elder sister, Honor, who had escaped with her f
Sabrina
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I honestly don't even know what to say about this book. I can't pinpoint what exactly it was about it that I didn't like, but I just felt so disconnected from the story and the characters that I couldn't enjoy it. So many things were happening and for me they just didn't work together. I ended up skimming some of the end because my interest was totally lost.

I can say that I found the heroine interesting for the majority of the beginning and wanting to know more about her kept me interested unti
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
4 Stars!

Review after vacation, when I have better internet! 😎😉
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
★Complimentary Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review★

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Love the Way You Lie
AUTHOR: Skye Warren
GENRE: Erotica | Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: March 12th 2015
MY RATING:★★★★

I did find myself humming "Love The Way You Lie" by EMINEM (feat. Rihanna) due to the bloody title of this book, now I am stuck with this song in my head lol

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
But that's alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear me cry
But that'
Candace
Sex, Lies And Betrayals

On the run from her abusive fiancé and her Mafia father, Honor has turned to selling the only asset she has...herself. Stripping under the name of Honey, at a rundown club on the rough side of town, she's willing to do anything to avoid discovery. All that matters is that she and Clara are safe, away from Byron and his friends.

When a mysterious stranger begins showing interest in Honey at the club, things aren't adding up. Despite the warnings and her suspicions, she finds
warhawke
Type: Standalone book 1 of Stripped series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

“I’m afraid of dying, but I’m more afraid of never living.”

Honor Moretti was the daughter of a Mob boss who has been caged by her father’s will her whole life. When she finally had enough, she took her sister and ran away from the toxic environment. To make ends meet, she worked as a stripper and caught the eye of a customer.

Kip was not just any customer lo
Sana
Mar 07, 2017 added it
dnf at 16% for now.

i'm really not feeling this and am trying to read it for the past three weeks. i don't find myself caring for any of the characters or story, really.

i'll probably read this some other time, but on hold for now.

Coco.V
Sep 10, 2017 marked it as to-read
FREE on Amazon (9/10/2017)!

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
☆3.5 Stars☆

Nice story, I loved the way it started and the writing was beautiful, but something was missing for me. To me it lacked a hero, until I realized the herione Honor was the hero and the herione. The story is mostly about Honor and how she's trying to survive after running from her mafia family. The relationship between Kip and Honor kindled so fast that I just didn't connect to them and I found their chemistry lacking. I think I was expecting to see more of Kip in this story. Overall, a
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Few things tiny things were left unfinished... mainly Gio :(
I wanted to believe something better happened.. but we weren't told.

The end was TOOOOO rushed up maybe, I felt...

But none the less, I liked the story! Dark, Gritty, Forbidden.
Loved the whole plot, really enjoyed the authors writing.

I'll surely be reading more of her books.

It wasn't as good as the prequel, maybe a .25 star lesser than the prequel. I LOVED Honor's characters. And Kip... *sigh* loved him too.

The story, about the tigers st
Casey
This one was okay, maybe a 2.5. Mostly meh, I am more interested in the little sister and the continuation of her story in the prequel.
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeOrxBbysb_zps0163628c.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (1/12/2016)

It’s a duet, book 0.5 & 1 and it’s Skye Warren! Thanks Jessica!

BLURB:
Contains TOUGH LOVE and LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE - the first two books in the bestselling Stripped series! Meet two sisters and the dangerous men they fall in love with…

TOUGH LOVE
He’s the son of a mafia foot soldier. My father is the boss. I shouldn’t even know Giovanni. And I definitely shouldn’t kiss him. Our relationship is doomed to fail, but that won’t stop me from trying.

Not every girl
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

Ok...first and foremost, as I was reading the book, automatically the song Love the Way You Lie by Eminem and Rihanna does pop into my head. And in Skye Warren's newest release, love and lies are the main themes in this book. When I first read the prequel, I thought I was going to be reading the continuation of Gio and Clara's story but I was totally surprised that this book was about Honor, Clara's older sister. And I love that I
Nawal
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was full of mystery and emotion from beginning to end. I was sucked in when I started because there was this heartbreaking aura surrounding the main character, Honour. There’s a lot of emotion coming from her, being stripped of the life she knew, which could be considered as a good one, but she would rather be stripping for strangers. It provides her with protection whilst at the same time ripping her soul and leaving her lonely. It was honestly heartbreaking witnessing her situation. ...more
Tpagirl
Love The Way You Lie was the first book in the Stripped series by Skye Warren.

The prequel, Tough Love, ended with Honor and her sister Clara on the run in order to be safe from the violence of the mafia. She was the eldest daughter to the local mafia Don and was engaged to the new mafia Don - both evil and violent men. Love the Way You Lie began with them in hiding. Honor was working as a stripper to keep Clara safe. It was told with a single POV while Warren used a mixture of present with flash
Rossy
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: findsecondpart
I loved the plot, Honor, daughter of a Mob boss, is a runaway, escaping her father and protecting her sister Clara, while dancing on a strip club to survive. She meets Kip, a customer with a dark past and secrets to hide. But he is not just a customer, he's dark, twisted,scary, but he wants to take care of her, and she wants to let him, but she can't let her guard down.
There are some many twists and secrets, I loved them! But I don't give it more stars because I didn't really like the
TORI
3.5 "HOT" Stars

Okay so in the beginning you're kind of in the dark about what's going on. The author keeps it pretty vague at first. You know that Honor (stage name Honey) is running. But you don't know what or who she's running from for a while. And once it's revealed there are still questions you'll want answered. As the story moves along, you understand everything more and more with the help of flashbacks.

Now...Kip remains a mystery for quite some time, but I didn't mind because he kept the
Jen
This was just an ok read for me. Quite honestly, it will probably be one of those books that in time I will forget what happened. I see this is part of the "Stripped" series...considering that this series is about the strippers who work in a strip joint, I can see why!!! There was a lot of suspense in this story, and for that I really enjoyed learning different information about the characters as the story progressed. By the end of the story though, when the hero and heroine revealed their feeli ...more
Louise
3. 5 stars

A really enjoyable romantic suspense, I think I'm still wrung up of the prequel that I want more of that but I think it won't happen because the story mostly surrounded the ladies at the strip club.
Amanda
After reading the prequel, I think like everyone else, we wanted Clara and Gio's story! I mean come on, you can't left us hanging without knowing what happened to that poor guy.

Moving on, this book is about Clara's older sister, Honor. If you read the prequel, you will have a better understanding about their circumstances. They flee their mobster father because he was putting out his own daughters to the wolves. Honor had enough when she learn that Clara will be the next victim, so they flee.

Now
❤Rachel Anne's Romance Must Reads❤
3.5 stars.

"Honey" is a stripper but she's also the daughter of a mob boss. She ran away to escape the abuse of her fiance and to protect her sister. During one of her performances she sees a "dangerous guy" but before she thinks he's dangerous, she feels the pickles on the back of her neck that a cop is nearby. What? First off, unless this is a paranormal, stop with crap like that. Anyway she's not even right, but he is someone unexpected.

Anywho the story is slow for a while. She gets other dud
Melanie (mells_view)
Ok so.. a friend recommended this one. I started reading it, and realized that I’ve actually read it before. I’m not going to rate it, because I don’t actually remember if it was good or not. I think I liked it... but yeah. No rating. Only adding so I know I read it once upon a time.
Di Covey
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stripped Stars!

Strippers, Killers, Mobsters, Oh, My! A suspenseful, twisty treat for the dark lovers.

I loved this one. I'm a Skye Warren fan as it is, but this book just solidified my love for her writing. Love the Way Lie is tame in comparison to her others works, it's not as dark as some, but darker than others. Some where in the middle. I'm going to be vague
in my review because I don't want to spoil.

Honey strips to stay hidden. A past better left forgotten, but how can you forget? Her pr
Elfina Renee
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honor Moretti knows all about pain. She's been running from the man who swore a oath, to serve and protect. Who'll be the hero to save her?
 photo love the way you lie 3.jpg
In disguise going all cognito as stripper, Honey is born. If her body is the price for keeping her younger sister Clara safe from the evil clutches of Byron, then she'll shake her tits, swing her ass! She'll spin and twirl on a pole.
 photo Love the way you lie.gif
Named after a famous poet, Kipling isn't everything he portrays. Dark, mysterious and lethal, but question begs to be asked,
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“It’s nothing scary,” he assures me. “It’s…like a present.”
My heart skips. “A present? Because your presents have a tendency to be scary.”
That makes him laugh. “Not this one.”
“What is it?” I tease him. “A battle ax? A sword?”
- Kip & Honor

* * *
“The jungle is a scary place for those who wander in
It holds its secrets tightly furled, locking out the wind
Each leaf has a map, each river points the way
But the jungle is too good a host.
You really must stay.
So lay your body on the dirt,
And make not
Tina "IRead2Escape"
DID NOT FINISH

I just could not get into this book at all. I tried stepping away for a couple days hoping it was just a mood I was in, but that didn't seem to do the trick. The story moved at such a slow pace that I felt as if I was having to drag the words out of the narrator. The premise was shaky and unbelievable at best. Mostly, my issue was how long the games went on. I get the need for intrigue and suspense in a story. But, when you carry this intrigue and suspense on for so long, just fill
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
description

Upon finishing Hold Me Against You we immediately dived into Love The Way You Lie as we just felt we needed to know where it all started for Honor and Cara. As we started reading we realised that despite how it’s being sold there’s no way you could possibly get the most out of Hold Me Against You without reading this one first. The storyline is almost a continuation and you learn of family connections and get vital backgrounds. We struggled to connect with Cara and Honor until we read book one.
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 7 "Connections" (My Masters' Nightmare, #7)
  • Intrusion (Under the Skin, #1)
  • Lessons in Gravity (Study Abroad, #2)
  • Hot Summer Lust
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • The Order (Saletti Blood, #1)
  • Sleeves
  • Scandal Takes the Stage (The Wicked Quills of London, #2)
  • Up in Smoke (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Pan's Salvation (Dueling Devils, #5)
  • Ruthless (Dragons MC, #1)
  • Broken Dolls (Pleasure House, #2)
  • Dirty Deeds (Mechanics of Love, #3)

Stripped (5 books)
  • Better When It Hurts (Stripped, #2)
  • Pretty When You Cry (Stripped, #3)
  • Hold You Against Me (Stripped, #4)
  • To the Ends of the Earth (Stripped #5)
“Stories are powerful." They're life and death. They're survival.” 6 likes
“He's wrong for me. Dangerous. Desire doesn't ask questions. Neither does love.” 5 likes