Start by marking “The Sparks (Feud Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sparks (Feud Trilogy, #1)

Read Book

The Sparks

(The Feud Trilogy #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  158 ratings  ·  66 reviews
One teen assassin-in-training must unite three warring supernatural dynasties before death comes to them all…

Find out why USA Today calls The Sparks “a crackling read” that “builds a vivid world (both) otherworldly and relatable.”

Paperback, 2, 300 pages
Published January 31st 2017 by Cartwright Publishing (first published February 24th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Sparks, please sign up.
Samantha Paxton There are some violent moments in the book but they're not too bad. Also there is one "bad word" but it is not major. There is a nice review that a…moreThere are some violent moments in the book but they're not too bad. Also there is one "bad word" but it is not major. There is a nice review that a young boy did on youtube about the book, perhaps that would help you. Here is the link to it, the part about The Sparks starts at 3:17.

really liked it 4.00  ·

AudioBookReviewer
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My original The Sparks audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Three families were given superhuman powers to protect the city of Altryon from the dangers beyond its walls.  Over the years, a blood feud ensues forcing the families to fight and become sworn enemies of one another.  Like all families, the children have different ideas, wants and desires; it is this that ensures the families might survive the evil emperor and his friend who is a new superhuman.

Joining fo
Sandra Stiles
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
From the minute I read the very first line of the story: “Slide the knife between the third and fourth rib.”
I knew this was going to be a great book. I was right. You have three families who were given special powers to help protect the city of Altiyon from attack both within and without. Unfortunately, as happens so often, the three families bound by an ancient promise got greedy. Each wanted more. Each wanted to be the most important and rule. So they started fighting each other. This is how t
Catherine
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book a lot. I thought it was well-written with interesting characters and a good story. I didn't know until I had finished the book that the author was only 16 when he wrote it. I'm pretty impressed! I look forward to reading the other books in the series.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via Lit Ring.
Melissa
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Amazingly written! I loved this book - only downside is now I have to be patient for the second one!! I looked up the author for other works and found out he is a SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL!! He has such a unique style and commands the readers attention so well, you feel like you are reading a seasoned authors work. Can't wait to read the second book!

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley.
Jalynn Patterson
About the Book:

The Vapros, the Taurlum, and the Celerius: three dynasties bound by an ancient promise, and given superhuman abilities to protect the city of Altryon from the dangerous world beyond its walls. Centuries of fighting, however, have turned the families against each other. A powerful emperor now rules and each family has suffered heavy casualties in the feud.

Sixteen-year-old, Neil Vapros desperately wants to become an assassin in order to impress his overly critical father. Despite a
Tiffany Fox
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I have received this audio book for free from Audiobook Jukebox, and ACX for a honest review.**

Title: The Sparks
Author: Kyle Prue
Narrator: Jon Eric Preston
Length: 9 hrs and 14 mins
Publisher: Cartwright Publishing
Date: 2-24-2017

The Sparks is the first book in the award-winning Epic Feud trilogy of young adult fantasy novels. Neil Vapros just wants to make his father proud. The sixteen-year-old aspires to serve his family as an assassin, but he nearly dies in the process. As if that wasn’t bad e
Jessica Bronder
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Altryon is a city within a wall that protects it from the outside. The creator of the city then bestowed one three families powers of beyond regular citizens. The families then decide to fight each other to try and control Altryon. After nearly destroying everything the power is taken away from them and an emperor is elected to run Altryon. The families are given different areas of the city for territory. But they are always fighting, whether it is out in the open with innocents being hurt or ki ...more
Priya Sridhar
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best parts of a convention is sitting across from an author and being able to purchase a book from him, get an autograph, and start reading in the afternoon. Just finished the book this morning and felt like a fan for this trilogy.

Three feuding families rule the city of Altyron\ -- the Vapros, the Taurlum and the Celerius-- under the rule of a mysterious emperor. They make the Capulets and Montagues look tame in the face of assassinating each other, kicking each other's butts at the o
Trisha
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancy
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fast Paced Fantasy Adventure

Neil Vapros, a member of the powerful Vapros family, wants to be an assassin to impress his father. He is assigned to kill the grandfather, titular head of the Taurlum clan. Once in the Taurlum mansion, he looks for the grandfather, but instead runs into two young Tarulum brothers, Darius and Michael. They give chase and Neil is barely able to escape.

The three primary families of Altryon: Vapros, Taurlum, and Celerium, have been given special powers designed to hel
John M.
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
+ I was given this book through first reads in exchange for an honest review.

It was ok. It didn't really get good to where I wanted to keep reading until close to the end. It was a little confusing because there were so many different characters in the different families, sometimes it was confusing. Like I said, the book was ok but it did end good and I would most likely continue reading the series.
Shandi Leonard
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads
I love how Kyle immediate throws you into the action! Every minute with Neil,Lilly, daruis and the families is incredible. The feud between the families is centuries old but with this new threat coming forward will the feud last between the families or will a new sun come over the horizon? In this action packed book Kyle keeps you on the edge of your seat. I can't wait for THE FLAMES. Kyle please please let me be a winner for your book if you have a giveaway!!!
Grace
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Britt, Book Habitue
**Full review PLUS giveaway! http://bookhabitue.blogspot.com/2015/...**

3 1/2 stars
Copy received for review.

Not a bad story, fairly compelling.

Needed tightening, for sure. You can kind of tell the author's young. One entire chapter in particular seemed to serve no purpose at all.
Charlotte Chavous
Mr. Prue is a talented young man. I see awards in his future. He has a fertile imagination and the talent to put it into a gripping story. As my 16 year ild said when I asked him what he thought of the book, : "I can't wait for the next one!"
Kelly Prue
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun & exciting

Great read! I became attached to the characters right away. The young people thrown into adversity seemed real to me in a very supernatural world. Loved that they each had different super powers. I highly recommend it.
Alison Lane
Apr 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written, an excellent read. Not the sort of book I would normally have read, but I'm really glad I did. Look forward to reading the other two in the series.
Vykki
Sep 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: captivating
This was a great fantasy. It had characters I could really get into. The story line kept you interested. I am looking forward to reading the next book. I won this book on goodreads.
Susan
The Houses have been warring for generations. Each House has it’s warriors and assassins along with their special abilities. Now something has taken aim at the major Houses and old feuds may have to be set aside in order for the remnants of these Houses to survive. Building trust enough to mount a strategic attack may be impossible.

Set in the fictional city of Altryon, Neil Vapros is an assassin in training. He desperately wants his father’s approval but gaining that may be impossible. The Vapro
books are love
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With the foreshadowing, world building and tension in this book it is hard to believe someone so young has written this. Kyle Prue is talented and keeps you in the moment as you watch the Lightborn children learn to survive and find hope. They learn what matters and let go of things so they can get stronger and grow. This book is the spark of the revolution and the foreshadowing we see is amazing.

Neil to me is the key to everything. I don’t know why but with the way Kyle has written this book it
Elena Alvarez Dosil
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Kyle Prue. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

Four families were touched by the light in order to protect the city of Altryon: the Vapors, able to teleport and turn their enemies to ash, the Celerius, with super speed and the ability to heal from any wound, the Taurlum, with skin like steel and godlike strength, and a fourth family whose me
Arwen Lynch
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this audiobook at no-cost from Audiobookworm Promotions. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

First, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I did not have any problems determining which character POV I was in. This is a 3rd person narrative with superb narration.

There are approximately five groups in the stories. The Emperor and his military, the normal humans and then the four families. I say five instead of six because one of the families aka the Lightborn, is pres
Shala
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
I was sent this as a free book. I was very excited from the short synopsis provided.
I loooove multi character fantasy novels.

The story is about three feuding families, and like most long held feuds, no one really knows the reason why just that you must hate who your parents tell you hate.

The male Characters are very fun to read. Our Raven is smart, quick witted and fun to follow. Our Bull is a little slow and really relies on his size, but has a heart probably the size of him.

Then we have Lill
Raven
The Sparks by Kyle Prue is a book based on three major families with special traits. These three families have been at war for so long they can't even remember what they are fighting about the only thing they remember is that they are supposed to protect the kingdom. The King has other plans.

Kyle Prue has a unique writing style that tends to show his age. Even if I hadn’t know before reading this book that he was young. It clearly shows in his writing. Kyle Prue weaves a very ungrasping tale. I
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA and fantasy lovers
Wasn't sure what to expect with this one when the author asked me to review it but it did sound interesting and I ended up enjoying it. :)

In this fantasy world there are three factions The Vapros, the Taurlum, and the Celerius. Each one has a special type of power and care called Lightborns and they are suppose to take care of the people but over the years they seemed to care less about everyone and care more about fighting each other. They were always at war with each other then one day the emp
Kay Kuever
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, review, audiobook
I knew this fast-paced fantasy was for me from the first chapter. The Sparks has everything you need for the start of an amazing epic fantasy series; internal struggle within a powerful family, an ancient feud between rival families, a power hungry and possibly supremely crazy emperor, a mysterious outside land that few have ventured to. Sign me the hell up!

Immediately I fell in love with the ancient mythos surrounding the powerful families of Altryon. It's on that true or not, makes complete se
Kathleen
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Stella
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Unknowingly our behaviour and prejudices shaping our lives and governing it is created and transmitted to us by our family as it was done to theirs - and thus hate, revenge, wars and blood feuds are carried on in every generation without really knowing why.
With this premise Kyle Prue with his unique style of writing has created a rich deadly world that is full of enemies, political intrigue, greed, envy and thirst for power, all with its many twists and turns.
With an ancient promise abandoned by
Bikram
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobookboom
I received audiobook version of this book for free from the author / narrator / publisher in exchange for an unbiased review.

There are two aspects of this book that I absolutely loved. One - the world building. This first book of the series builds an expansive world for the inhabitants of the epic. The description pulls the reader in and paints an awe inspiring picture of the world. As the story progresses, we see the world expanding and developing further. Two - the book is told from PoVs from
George Little
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I find YA fantasy usually too shallow, and while I couldn't call The Sparks shallow in terms of plotting, it certainly needed much more work in its actual story-telling. The concept of warring families was interesting and the somewhat complex relationship was actually much simpler than the first few pages might suggest. For me, though, it wasn't about the plot or how characters related to one another. It was Prue's writing, which was simple yet too expository. Facts were given so much more often ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Storm Raiders: Age Of Magic - A Kurtherian Gambit Series (Storms Of Magic, #1)
  • The Victor: A Tale of Betrayal, Love, and Sacrifice
  • Dreamwalker (Dreamwalker, #1)
  • Diary of an Ugly Sweater
  • Unclouded Day
  • Origins of the Never (Tales of the Neverwar, #0.5)
  • Altar of Influence: The Orsarian War (The Dying Lands Chronicle, #0)
  • A Path Toward Home
  • Slade (Team Greywolf Series, #1)
  • The Shadowing (Powerless, #2)
  • Dangerous Reflections (Adventures of Alexis Davenport #1)
  • The Emerald Tablet (Legends of Amun Ra, #1)
  • The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
  • Purgatory Reign
  • Demonkeeper (Demonkeeper, #1)
  • Acheron Highway (Jonathan Shade, #2)
  • Gateway to Nifleheim (The Harbinger of Doom Saga, #1)
  • The High-Wizard’s Hunt
Kyle Prue is an award winning author, actor and comedian. Kyle wrote The Sparks: Book One of the Feud Trilogy when he was just 16 years old. Kyle spent a gap year before college on a national book tour visiting over 100 middle and high schools and meeting over 80,000 students. Kyle is now a student at the University of Michigan, studying acting and creative writing. He still visits schools and is ...more

The Feud Trilogy (2 books)
  • The Flames (Feud Trilogy, #2)