Start by marking “The Vampire's Throne (Royal Blood #1)” as Want to Read:
The Vampire's Throne (Royal Blood #1)

The Vampire's Throne

(Royal Blood #1)

A vampire prince fighting to liberate his people. A stunning photographer intrigued by the supernatural world. Together they must save their vampire kingdom…or die trying.

Sexy vampire Christopher Dal has spent centuries recruiting free-thinkers and dreamers to turn into vampires. When he meets Alice, Christopher knows she would be the perfect addition to his vampire famil
Published December 6th 2016 by AJ Tipton Enterprises

Coco.V
Jan 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/15/2018)! 💝
Claire
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
What do you do when you like a story but dislike the narration? Constantly wish you were reading instead of listening of course. That's what I did as I listened to this book.

The character voice for Alice made me cringe every time I heard it and she has a lot of dialogue, the other character voices weren't much better. At times Christopher came across as weak and melodramatic because of how his dialogue was delivered. The overall delivery was also problematic for me, I found the phrasing weird an
Amber J.
This was my first time reading A.J. Tipton and it definitely will not be my last. I truly enjoyed AJ's writing style, the banter between characters and the supernatural world AJ created.
Dawn
The Story was okay, but the Audible book was almost painful to listen to.
Holly Bargo
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining, not much substance

This novella goes light on character development with cardboard cutouts rather than flawed, three-dimensional personalities. The good are very good, the bad are just plain evil. That said, the narrative rolls at breakneck pace, dialogue is natural, and the romance ignites in a flash. I noticed no editing glitches, which merits one full star. The heroine's ability to break her site's power of compulsion smacks of the scene in Ella Enchanted when that heroine breaks
Nicola Rose
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Could have been so much more...

So, I began my PNR binge with this, and I'm conflicted! I really quite enjoyed this book. The writing itself is good, the characters have potential, and I like the spin on vampire traits and abilities. BUT it felt really rushed and all the decisions and actions happened too easily and quickly. Now, I know this is also the beauty of a novella -  sometimes it's great to dive in and crank through with pace - however,  I really feel like this story could have been so
Emma
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Five Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I gave this book five stars because it was well written and worth the time to read. The story of romance during time of impending war between the good vampires and the bad was an excellent story and the plot had twists and turns that kept me reading page after page. I could not put this down. The romance between Christopher and Alice was incredibly strong and enduring. Alice had to fight for their love when Christopher thought he had no choice but to walk away from her be
Dawn
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Steamy vampire novel, with not a sparkle in sight!

I absolutely loved this book!
A young photographer, Alice, meets a debonair gentleman, Christopher, at an art gallery that's showcasing her work.
The story quickly turns up the heat as these two characters carry on their conversations where they left off, their instant attraction evident and intense.
Just when I thought this story was going to be a romantic tale of forbidden love, the twists spun me right round, and I was swept away by the action.
Gr
Denise Allen
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved the authors take on vampirism it made better sense to me. I don't like explicit sex scenes and they are in this book for grown adults only… However the author did make them brief. My phone only allows a solid star rating system. My review is 3 1/2 stars rounding that up to four. A very good book and it moved along swiftly perfect for summer reading. There wasn't a cliffhanger ending, there are more books in this series. I'm happy reading just this one..
Lisa Boyce
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Vampires

My love of vampires started when I was 15! 42 years ago and I still love a good vampire story. This book was good but there are pages missing!!! You read for a bit then turn the page and nothing is there so you go to the next and it's starting somewhere new! There were several of these blank pages, it was very frustrating. 3 stars because what was there was well written.
Ashley Hedden
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Vampire's Throne by AJ Tipton was a good read. Christopher Dal spent many centuries trying to turn many dreamers into vampires. He never wanted to control anyone like other vampires. Christopher meets Alice who he wants but since he wants to turn her, they can't have a romantic relationship. This was a great Read that I enjoyed reading.
Epicbookaddict
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
So, wow....looking at the other reviews I'm definitely the outsider here. I didn't dislike the story and the characters were likable. There was good chemistry but it was extremely predictable and some parts just 'felt' contrived. I'm a huge reader of urban fantasy and paranormal romance so perhaps if I were a newbie reader to this genre I would have a different perspective. Great cover.
Michelle VanDaley
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
M review is based on the Audiobook. I would have liked a longer book. Due to its length the characters are underdeveloped and some of the scenes rushed (no spoilers here). The narrator does a decent job, although a tad overdramatic at points for me. Overall I enjoyed the story and the concept of the sire bond was a unique and interesting one. I am interested to see what Book 2 haas to offer.
Carly
This had potential to be so much more. It had an interesting take on a world full of vampires and other paranormal creatures and a battle for the vampire throne. However, 140 pages was not nearly enough to completely build this world and the characters involved. Despite this, the story was entertaining and fun to read.

Slb
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love Vampire stories and this was a great beginning novel or novella. Engaging characters. Good and bad Vamp siblings and heirs to a throne. Looking at their sired and compulsive commands in a new aspect for me. Loyalty versus Bullying. Choice versus taking it away. Love challenges. War and new beginnings. Smart story and looking for more.
YEAH a new good story of Vampires.
Starr
Mar 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Lost me at 45% in.
SPOILER ALERT

He bites her and "feels" what a great person she is, so he's "in love".

2 minutes after having mind blowing sex to someone that a few hours ago she was so in lust with, she says "now would be a good time to turn me." Then, no build up or explanation to how she was being turned, it was just happening.
Just did not flow naturally to me...
Cydney
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Although the story was short, I felt a lot happened and in a way that didn't make the entire thing feel rushed. I didn't like the narrator's voice for the two characters, but it might be due to the fact that I just recently finished listening to another audible. The story was cute though, and the difficulties that had to overcome was a bit refreshing.
floyd nunn
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book

Excellent story line and how it all came together was wonderful. I really enjoyed this book. I would highly recommend it. So glad I found this series. I had looked at so many other before this book and within the first page i knew I wasn't interested in them but then I found this book was instantly hooked.
Anita Hargreaves
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyable

Within the first chapter, the vampire falls in love with photographer Alice. Wanting to preserve her life, he changes her but under his compulsion they can not be together. No cliffhanger, short, fast paced book.
Levia
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rated high for the sex scenes honestly

Storyline and sappiness would have me rate this at best at 3 stars, but the sex scenes are holy wow so they earned another star themselves. It was a bit fast paced and short, but enjoyable.
Rae Valentine
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mesmerizing

This story is riveting! Love so strong that it can break compulsion. And of course a little fight between good and evil never hurts. Pick up this book and I gaurantee that you won't be able to put it down.
Melanie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick and sweet, not your typical vampire

A quick and sweet read. This wasn't a. Typical vampire romance book and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.
Sabrina Wilfinger
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Vampire

A nice change of pace. Nice set up of characters. This is a book series I would read. Everyone has drama in their life and this is vamp drama.
Cindyg
Oct 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay read.
Liz Lyles
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story concept was great, but the story itself left a lot to be desired.
Heather Rizkallah
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhh

Vampire prince's looking for their mates and trying to take over as king. Just another day in the prince's life for Christopher
Debbie Harrison
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story line

Short read
Quick easy read
characters you easily associate with
First time reading this author so was a nice surprise
Margaret
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the book

Loved the book and characters. The writers did an outstanding job. Looking forward to reading the next installment . Great job.
Yvette Karns
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2019
Although this started out like a great story, it quickly became like something just thrown together. I was very disappointed. I do not see how this was a 4*.
Denise winebrimmer
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Why not I said

The world isn't always rainbows and butterflies. Sometimes you need that one person to open your eyes for you. The main female in this book starts shy but ends bold.

• Pandablues (Charlotte Sander, #2)
  • The Vampire's Nanny
  • Sternensturm (Das Herz der Quelle, #1)
  • The Viscount's Son (The Viscount's Son, #1)
  • Verbannt zwischen Schatten und Licht (Schatten und Licht, #1)
  • L'Insouciance
  • Kai (Dark Assassins, #1)
  • Apocalypsis I
  • Todo por él (Multimillonario y dominador) - volumen 1
  • Die Suche beginnt (Die Chroniken der Seelenwächter, #1)
  • Die Stunde der Lilie (Lilien-Reihe, #1)
  • The Scribbled Victims
  • Rune Hunter (Rune, #3)
  • Flucht ins Feuerland (Nachtsonne, #1)
  • 17 - Das erste Buch der Erinnerung (Die Bücher der Erinnerung, #1)
  • Ein Käfig aus Rache und Blut (Ein Käfig aus Rache und Blut, #1)
  • 2C
  • Das Marsprojekt (Das Marsprojekt, #1)
AJ Tipton is a writing team: Annie and Jess (Get it? "AJ"). Based in Brooklyn with the greatest dog in the world as our mascot, we love to create fun romances that astound, amuse and arouse. Our romances are steamy and paranormal, with strong heroes saving the day through extraordinary adventures.

Check out our FREE novella, Coaching the Bear, for a taste of what our magical worlds have to offer!

W