Jump to ratings and reviews

Through Button Eyes: A Collection of Short Fiction

The Placer Gold Writers have written a collection of fifteen previously unpublished short fiction stories that will most assuredly take readers on a thrilling emotional roller coaster ride. This exciting anthology embraces a spectrum of genres: literary fiction, romantic suspense, fantasy, swashbuckling, action/adventure, memoir, dystopia, coming of age, science fiction, thriller, tragedy, LGBT, and even horror comedy. Each story includes - in whatever quirky way - a specific plot point: a diminutive, seemingly innocuous... button!

Authors included:

Loading interface...

About the author

Patrick Witz

1 book7 followers
Patrick Witz has from his youth always been fascinated with science, strange discoveries, technology, earth and other worldly places presented in National Geographic and Popular Mechanics. He is a steadfast believer that knowledge and imagination are a powerful combination and readily admits he will forever be a student of the arts, be it creative writing, photograph, or any other artistic interest or endeavor.

In his writing, Patrick likes to blend genres and his eclectic nature leads him into a labyrinth of fictional paths. Patrick’s writing goal is to bring his written words to life in reader’s minds… therein to strum reader’s emotional cords; sculpt intriguing characters; create captivating relatable dialogue; and word-paint intricate colorful settings. One can say Patrick’s diversity is the spice of his writing – sometimes sweet, every now and again bitter, often mixed with a sprinkle of humor, a pinch of peculiar flavor, and finished off with an emotional or unsuspecting twist.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 8 of 8 reviews
Profile Image for Jane Haworth.
Author 1 book2 followers
January 8, 2017
This is a great book of short stories. They are varied genre and will suit all tastes.
Profile Image for Christie.
Author 3 books8 followers
January 7, 2018
I keep Through Button Eyes by my bed. Curling up with this anthology takes me places I haven't been with characters who never fail to surprise and delight and set me to wondering as I drift off to sleep. The stories are united by a simple button. If you have a collection of buttons in your possession, the next time you open up the box, you might see these utilitarian objects in a different light. They're like seeds in a garden that spring to life.
Author 1 book1 follower
December 31, 2016
Wonderfully diverse anthology! Something for everyone in this creative, fun book. Variety of story lengths fits everyone's lifestyle.
Profile Image for Michelle Cox.
21 reviews
April 13, 2017
I loved this book the stories were very varied and perfect bedtime reading. I love short stories for bedtime as stops me staying up all night finishing a book.
Profile Image for Sara.
2 reviews1 follower
January 9, 2017
This was my first time reading short stories and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I tend to gravitate toward action packed books that are in the sci-fi or dystopian genres. What I loved about "Through Button Eyes, a Collection of Short Fiction" was that I had the opportunity to read genres I would not normally pick up. The stories are short, so if the genre was not what you typically read and you don't like it, no harm done. However, if you did like it, then you have broadened your horizons to enjoy new genres.

The various authors of "Through Button Eyes" are very talented. Their character development was amazing! I absolutely fell in love with some of the characters, which left me longing for more. There were also many stories with great twist endings that I didn't see coming. I love when I finish a story and sit there thinking, 'Did that just happen?'

All the stories in this book are worth reading, but if you only read a few, my favorites were: "The Legend of Zacharias Bean", "Lucky Button Betty", "Life Long Companion" and "Infatuation" which surprised me as I generally don't like to read romance.

Profile Image for Patrick Witz.
Author 1 book7 followers
May 23, 2017
May 2017: Out of over 5000 U.S. and International book entries, "Through Button Eyes, A Collection of Short Fiction" was selected as one of the five "Finalists" in the Anthology Division of the 2017 Next Generation Indie Book Awards (NGIBA).
Profile Image for Cindy.
25 reviews
May 9, 2017
I enjoyed reading this book, particularly because I knew 2 of the authors of this collection of short stories. Although the stories were all very different, they were threaded together by the inclusion of a button in each story. Some of the stories were funny, others poignant and many were surprising with unexpected plot twists. I applaud these local authors for rising to the challenge to write stories revolving around a small everyday object and creating interesting and varied stories and for doing what it takes to publish this clever collection.
Displaying 1 - 8 of 8 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.