Start by marking “All There Is” as Want to Read:
All There Is

All There Is (Juniper Hills #1)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  349 Ratings  ·  149 Reviews
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Violet Duke debuts an emotional series about letting go, starting over, and trusting in the redemptive power of love.

Emma Stevens is ready for a fresh start in Juniper Hills, but she still lives with the impossible guilt of her past: having failed to rescue her little stepbrother from a fire that decimated her childhood home
Published June 27th 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about All There Is, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All There Is

Shannon Moore
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
“I always knew you’d grow up to be something special, Emma Stevens.”

Emma was so strong for her family. Even at twenty three years old, she picked up her life and took her sister to a better town to live in. She supported her sister's dreams before even considering her own and did everything in life to make Megan's a better one. Emma was extremely humble about all of this at the same time, which in my mind makes her more endearing as well. What the big kicker was though was how when Jake walk
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Once again author Violet Duke has written a heartwarming yet gut wrenching story that I could not put down; All There Is starts her Juniper Hills series off with a serious punch. Fourteen years ago two young friends, hoping for more than friendship, are torn apart and their lives are forever changed yet they are given a second chance when a secondary character decides to make amends for his role in that fateful night. All There Is is about acceptance, forgiveness, and love, but also abo
Bette Hansen
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an absolutely fantastic book! It's a little different from other books by this author but she did an amazing job with it. Her building of the story between Emma and Jake, both past and present, really helped us get to know and care about these characters. Their story is very emotional and it's one of forgiveness, understanding, and acceptance. It's beautifully told and not to be missed.

Everyone needs this on their must read list. I highly recommend it.
Shari
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story full of emotions and a sweet romance. Emma and Jake have a past that they will need to let go to have a future. They both need to accept what happened, but emotional scars can be hard to let go.

Loved the characters of Emma and Jake, both so down to earth. Loved the small town atmosphere of Juniper Hills, I live in Kansas, Violet did a well job! This book had me laughing, crying and swooning over Jake and Emma. I can't wait to see who is in the next Juniper Hills book. I highly recommen
CC
Hmmm - 3.5 stars

ok this is tough. As second chance romance's go, this was one of the few I read where I did not care what their past history with others was. They had a budding teenage romance going when they split and there was nothing shared - I do not think they had even kissed.

I really liked Jake, but he was a too much of a martyr and he was not strong enough for me. I felt sorry for him and that is the last thing I want in a romantic hero. But because I did feel sorry for him, I was engage
MsChris1161
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed, netgalley
I had barely started reading ALL THERE IS when I was asking myself why has it been so long since I've read a book by Violet Duke? I have long held that Ms. Duke does humor like no other... she just has this way with words that you can't help but smile as you read the sassy banter and fall in love with her characters. The humor and sass is still here to bring some levity, even though the storyline is more intense and emotional than the majority of her books. It's a sad story of tragedy and loss t ...more
ButtonsMom2003
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A wonderful story.

I'm a sucker for romance stories that touch on all of my emotions and All There Is does that in spades. One of my favorite romance tropes is the second chance romance and Violet Duke did a fantastic job with it in this book. Ms. Duke warned her fans on Facebook that this story doesn't have as much heat to it as others she's written. Be that as it may, explicit sex scenes aren't necessarily needed to get the point across; sometimes less is actually better.

Jake and Emma were neig
Kristy
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You will laugh, you will cry, you will swoon while reading this latest book by Violet Duke! All There Is was wonderfully written, with sweet characters with just a hint of spice. Emma and Jake get their chance for an HEA if only they can work through the past. That's all there is to it!
Nellie Rivera
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Received an ARC for my fair review for netgalley. Story about Jake and Emma who were still struggling with guilt. They were friends and neighbors growing up, and tragedy hit them. There is a lot of heartache, but eventually there is forgiveness and a chance at love.

Heather
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**Advanced copy received from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

All There Is is the first book in the new Juniper Hill series by Violet Duke. I've been hearing about this book for quite awhile, so I was very happy to get my hands on it and I was certainly not disappointed.

While Emma Stevens is trying to move on with her life, it is a night fourteen years in the past that continues to dominate her thoughts and feeds her guilt. While she has started a new life in Junipe
Monique
Review written: June 12, 2017
Star Rating: ★★★★
Heat Rating: ☀☀☼☼☼

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

After the debacle that was the last Violet Duke book I read, I knew I'd have to try another. And All There Is was the best choice I could have made. Emma's and Jake's story was phenomenal!

I loved the set up for the book: two kids who loved each other but were torn apart with so much anger and pain between them meeting again as adult
Trish R.
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

If you want to read about two people who are guilt-ridden and can’t seem to want to get over it then this book is for you. Overall, it was a decent book but it didn’t have to be almost 300 pages of guilt, guilt and more guilt. Also, the author kept mentioning his beard and it sounded bushy to me so I couldn’t enjoy the book as much as I could have and then she’d say something about his dimple or the cleft in his chin. Neither of which you can see through a beard. Don’t know when these horrendous
Julie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
There are times when life throws you a curve ball. Sometimes for the good, other times it’s a path that haunts your soul. For Emma - a unforgettable night from her past changes the course of her life. Fleeing from the memories and the pain, Emma pulls up roots and heads to Juniper Hills with her sister in tow. Planning a ‘new’ life that leaves those unpleasant memories by the wayside.

In Juniper Hills, Emma owns her own bakery. A way to provide a nice life for her sister with the support from th
Chasing Away Reality
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why did it have to end?!?! Sorry, I tend to get this way when I fall in love with the characters and their story, which is exactly what happened. I absolutely adored Emma and Jake as well as the secondary characters, namely Megan and Carter. I really hope we see them again down the road. I'd also appreciate catching up with Emma and Jake, too. You know, because I loved them so much.

I must give credit to Violet Duke for her masterful and poetic storylines and development of her characters and th
Tiffany Readz
3.5 Stars-Cute, but not my speed

This is the first book I have read by Violet Duke as she tells a sweet and tangled tale with All There Is. It's the first in her Juniper Hill series and a great start.

From the blurb you can tell this book is going to be all kinds of complicated. Jake is the cause of the fire that changed Emma's life forever. Fourteen years have gone by and she's still thought of him every day. The good and the bad.

Jake lives with survivor's guilt with a twist. A twist I couldn't w
Kari Hansen
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fourteen years ago Emma’s life was forever changed when an accidental fire resulted in a scarred sister, the death of her stepbrother and the demise of her parent’s marriage. She has moved forward with her life and owns her own bakery however she has never really made peace with that night especially as the boy she had a crush on, Jake, accepted responsibility for the tragedy.

Jake has never made peace with that night either. He was able to save Emma and her sister but her brother’s death is some
Liz
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
All There Is by Violet Duke was my first read by this author and it held quite the punch. This was an emotional and sweet story about a second chance at love.

Two kids who were friends and neighbors and maybe something more, but whose lives were torn apart after one tragic night. When their family house burned down, Emma Stevens and her sister were pulled out by Jake Rowan. But her stepbrother did not make it out. And the cause for all the destruction and heartache? Jake.

Years later Jake is bac
Dawn Guidry
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a phenomenal start to this series! A second-chance romance full of new beginnings, love, laughter, tears, hardships, forgiveness and redemption. I loved how Emma and Jake took the time to develop their relationship, even with all the complications from their past trying to sneak their way in. I think Emma's sister Megan may be one of my favorite female characters ever! Her courage and strength were awe-inspiring, and I cannot wait to see her get the HEA she so richly deserves. I am a longti ...more
Heather andrews
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved seeing a sweet Jake, “careful!” He shot forward to pull her arm away from the still-cooling cooking grates. Running his calloused fingers over her skin gently, he inspected every inch of her arm, voice laden with concern. “Did you burn yourself, baby? Come over to the light so I can see.” Jake likes to tease his girl, “when you blush, your freckles come out to say hi. And you almost always blush when you see me.” I loved this book, I loved Jake.
Laurel
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest and independent review.
A slightly humorous and lighthearted romance which was fun to read, although there was a more serious storyline to the book. The slow building relationship between Emma and Jake , tainted a bit by their history was well portrayed. I really liked the setting in a small town, with all the associated openness and everyone knowing everyone's business.
A sweet book which made me smile. 3.5 stars
Robyn
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every emotion was wrung out of me

I loved this book. Wish I had a Jake! Both him and Emma went through the wringer. That he survived his incarceration with his beautiful spirit still intact was great. I was in tears reading quite a few of the chapters. The guilt they both carried was suffocating. That they found their way back to each other made me sigh happily. I seriously hope that more Juniper Hills books come out because I need to read Megan and Carter's stories. This little town has lots mor
Vikki Vaught
I thoroughly enjoyed the romance between the hero and heroine, and I liked all the characters. I did struggle with the large passages of direct internal thought in the story. It pulled me out every time it happened. I did listen to the audio version, so that could have been a contributing factor. Overall, an enjoyable read. Happy reading!
Sandy Bartles
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh! This book was the happiest, saddest book that I have read in a long time and I cried throughout the story. Violet Duke managed to grab my heart from the beginning and she still hasn't let it go! If you love a book that gives you a good cry and can only afford to buy one book this year, this is the book!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley!
Carolyn's
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Jake and Emma's story was sad and tragic yet beautiful and triumphant. Slow paced with intrigue left for book 2, VD gave us some needed fun and humor while telling a love story destined from tragedy.
Yvonne
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book randomly , since the summary sounded interesting and it was by an author I was not familiar with.
WOW, it’s one of the best stories I have read in a long time.
It’s the story about Emma Stevens and Jake Rowan. They were teens when they became neighbors and formed a special friendship. A friendship that was shattered when a fire destroys Emma’s house, kills a child and injures another one. As well as sends Jake to juvie when he confesses to a fire he didn’t start.
Fast forward 14
Mary
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Lots of emotional baggage in this book, but I think the writer does an excellent job of describing the horror that is the past and the people who have to learn how to live life afterwards.

Emma feels unending guilt about the fact that her little brother died after her home caught on fire while she was home babysitting. The adult Emma constantly second guesses her teenage self and has nightmares about what she did or didn't d
Heather
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The technical stuff: This is book 1 of the Juniper Hills series, but it completely stands alone – *there is NO cliffhanger*. There is very minimal cursing in this book (no f-bombs) but there is one scene with on-screen sex. Also, this cover is so beautiful and perfect for these two characters.

This was my first Violet Duke book and I have to admit that I went in a little leery of the subject matter, but I was absolutely blown away by this book. I highlighted 28 times that I found myself chucklin
Mayas
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
So I was told that this was a Hallmark novel that would have me in tears and I must admit that I found myself in silent tears a time or two. Jake and Emma story was tragic to say the least but the love and respect they held for each other shined through as well. You can't shy away from a past that had so much of a baring on the future but you can use it as a growth mechanism and dissect each piece until you find peace.

Violet Duke did this heart-breaking romance justice. She brought all the hurt,
Dee
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one sweet novel. Emma and Jake were teenagers in love when a tragedy interrupted both of their lives. Jake was sent to juvie and Emma eventually moved her sister Megan to Juniper Hills to start over.

Fast forward 14 years: Jake goes to Juniper Hills to check into a carpentry job his brother set up for him. Usually Jake would avoid such a venture like the plague, but this job is ideal for Jake, so he goes to take a look. While in JH, he finds out one of the business owners has had a crisis
Bec - Book Magic: Under a spell with every page Reviews

Jake Rowan carries around so much guilt that he was unable to save Emma Stevens little step-brother from the horrific fire that landed him in juvie when he took the blame for the blaze to protect someone he loved. But now, years later he finds himself face-to-face with the woman he's never been able to forget when he walks into her bakery to help with the repairs needed to her store. Will Emma accept his help, or will she turn him away because she can't forgive him for what he did in the past?

M
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
7020583
NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author Violet Duke is a former professor of English Education ecstatic to be on the other side of the page now writing emotion-rich stories with fun, everyday characters and sweet, sexy match-ups. Since her debut series in 2013, over a million readers have put all four of Violet's laugh & cry contemporary romance series on bestseller lists and Top 10 ...more
More about Violet Duke...