Start by marking “Stirring Creatures: Holiday Special (The Village, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Stirring Creatures: Holiday Special (The Village, #3.5)

Stirring Creatures: Holiday Special

(The Village #3.5)

Warning: This Village Series special holiday novella contains spoilers. The Village books 1-3 should be read first.

Christmas is coming in Singing Bear Village, but all is not jolly—at least for Christian. Though the other team members have met with Baz several times for work, when Christian gets assigned meetings, Baz never shows. Worried he’s offended their ambassador
Published December 7th 2016 by Dusk Notes

To ask other readers questions about Stirring Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stirring Creatures

Start your review of Stirring Creatures: Holiday Special (The Village, #3.5)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Do NOT read this story unless you've read all three of The Village books. Stirring Creatures takes places a couple months after the end of book 3.

Whether or not you like this book depends on your expectations. If you're hoping to see our six MCs and their hybrid friends sitting around a Christmas tree, drinking eggnog, and singing carols, you're bound to be disappointed.

Forget warm & cozy. This is not a sweet holiday story. It's a story about sexual energy and out-of-this-world orgasms.
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Well, that was an unexpectedly hot and very unique Christmas story. Did I mention hot? Cuz, damn.
Jinx
DNF. I thought I couldn’t hate Christian and Myles more but then this book happened. I should have known better. FML

Myles had no right to react toward Baz the way he did. Christian was 100% at fault. Baz went out of his way to avoid Christian and in his desire to be liked he just kept pushing and pushing determined to get his way. Even after being told in book after book (3 by the way) how Baz felt about him he just shrugged it off like a superior alien race was beneath having a school-yard
Ele
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, holidays
*4.5 stars*

Loved, loved, loved it! I knew I should count on Darien Cox for an out-of-the-box, messy holiday story. This is NOT your usual Christmas story, and quite frankly, I'm getting bored with those.

The story is told from Myles and Christian's POV, but the star here is Baz! I always felt that there was something unexplored in the storyline about Baz's crush for Christian, and this book made me so pleased. It tied up loose ends for me.

So Baz is causing trouble in Singing Bear Village and the
Tess
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
4 stars

I don't even know what to say about this one!! A must read for all the Baz fans out there.
Tina
My heart goes out to Baz!!!

More detailed review to follow. :)
Natalia
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Still love Baz, but Joff is close to taking his place :) Myles however, annoyed the fuck out of me here.
Ariana
Darien Cox - this is one hell of an 'epilogue' to the series! Not so much of a typical Christmas story, although the plot is set just before Christmas, but believe me - that is the last thing that should keep you from reading this!

First advice: do not 'consume' this in a public place!

I read this sitting in a cafe and had to suppress so many OMGs and loud out gasps I was in danger of imploding (I guess, getting an inkling how Christian might have felt)

Baz is one of the most endearing characters
Renée
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Well that's definitely NOT where I thought this book would go. I honestly have no idea how I feel about what I just read.
Joyfully Jay
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Stirring Creatures is set after the third book in Darien Cox’s The Village series, Trapped in Your Storm. It is not intended to be read as a standalone and all of the books in this series connect to one another.

This is a short novella that focuses on Christian and his relationship with Baz. Baz has always acted a little differently around Christian and the team all thinks that he is attracted to Christian. Christian thinks that is absolutely ridiculous and
Riina Y.T.
Darien has WOWed me once again. I think I speak for everyone when I say: WE SO NEEDED THIS NOVELLA TO HAPPEN.

And thank everything that's holy, it did. - sigh - And boy did it happen. Perhaps I feel a tad too strongly for Christian and Baz, but the "first half" was quite emotional for me.

And that "final scene" was just so good (IT WAS EVERYTHING!!)

I'll be re-reading it a bunch of times!

I'm so very glad this book happened :)

There is no way Darien can stop feeding us his boys now.

Just. No. Way.
Nat ReadingAllNite
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Wow! Just wow!

This was very....different, and unexpected, but I enjoyed it so much. It's going to be hard to review this because almost anything would be a spoiler. However; *ahem* There is a conflict between Baz and Chris that becomes what seems to be an insurmountable problem. Myles isn't reacting well about it either and beyond that, the Whites are furious with poor Baz, fearing that cooperation with humans is endangered.

Darien has written his usual highly humorous narrative, as only he
Cecilia Rodriguez
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Not sure how I feel about this, it's not what I was expecting. This just made me feel so bad for Baz.
Joey
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Darien Cox can absolutely do no wrong with me and this was a perfect cap to a killer series
Lissel
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was unexpectedly good. Christian is my favorite of the lot of guys, so I was glad to see it was a story revolving around him. And Baz, of course! I love that hybrid! I had a really good time reading this short story! Will we see more from this series in the future? I sure hope so!
Amazonaute
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ha. That's what you want in a Christmas story. None of this stupid christmas home decoration rubbish.

What, you ask? You'll have to read it.
Karen
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Well that was...weird.
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Loved this. Kinda weird and Kinky wonderfulness. Cuz I adore Baz. Miles was a dick. I get it but still....totally dickish.
Winter Blanc
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

This is the worst thing I've ever read.
And I loved it???
I have no words to describe it. I love Baz but this was almost too much. Joff needs to chill and so does Myles just for a different reason.
I think reading this was one of the most cringe worthy things I've subjected myself to in a long time. Half of me wants to read it again so I can see if I missed something while I was trying to not throw my phone across the room.
Honestly I love these aliens and thing Baz and Joff are meant for each
Chrystal Hendrix
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

You have to read the previous books before reading this one or you will be very confused. This book made me really dislike Myles....He’s just too high strung and serious all the time, But what made me dislike him most was how bad he treated poor Baz and how mean he spoke to him. Baz is so lovable....I just wanted to protect him. Grab this one if you want a quick read about some of our favorite citizens from Singing Bear Village.
Mary
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm so sad this series is over. I loved it! I couldn't wait to read about Baz. I even mentioned it to Darien Cox and was warned not to skip ahead cuz it would ruin the other books for me. So I patiently waited for Baz's turn. (which wasn't a hardship because the whole series is amazing) I wasn't sure how Cox was going to write this story. I wanted Baz to have his HEA and I didn't see how that was possible with Chrischris. He did an awesome job wrapping this all up with a nice Christmas bow.
Pianisuparse
5 'I love everything about this series and was fucking stoked when I saw this book was out, how the hell did I miss it. And I was not disappointed, well I was because it ended and I want more, more, more. Loved the storyline following Baz, Christian, Myles and Joff. We've seen this coming for a while and the way Cox dealt with this was perfection cos I love all the characters involved and needed them to all be happy. Absolutely loved it' stars.
S.A. Crow
Kind of on the creepy side but also amusing. Nice little addition to the series.
Judith Poole
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hoo boy, hot, kinky hybrid sex.

Not sure what else to say. Love is crazy. Sex is great. If we could share our feels like hybrids do, the world would be a better place.
Sherry
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Storyline didn't really fit.....well written but unnecessary, in my opinion.
Teetee
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, I did like this one as well but it certainly had a different tone than the previous book. Very focused on the sexual aspect of the relationships, this time with our dear Baz and the affable Joff. I felt like more blame was put on Baz than should have been, clearly Baz was embarrassed of his reaction to Christian and tried his best to hide it. Baz reacted badly because Christian pushed something he shouldn't have, and ignored the advise of several of his friends to boot. But it made ...more
Amber
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Hearts

Ummmm…HOLY HELL….whaa….!?!? Is alien sex supposed to be this friggin HOT!??! WOW.

Ok, first thing…this is not a standalone, so don’t even try. This is for all lovers of The Village series…honestly like a beautiful Christmas present from this author to all fans of the series.

This was a suspenseful, erotic short story that focused mostly on Christian and Myles as well as Baz and Joff’s relationship.

This story picks up with Christian still confused about why Baz in avoiding him. Determined
Zander
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, mm-erotica
Gay romance with a sci-fi twist, set in a remote village.

Lots of emotions in this short story. Very focused on Baz's feelings towards his favourite human that he's been avoiding since he met him. And how Myles finally takes control of the situation, well played Myles!

Oh boy, my favourite two characters, Christian and Baz. And Baz you are a dirty sexy lustful voyager... and the scene is hot as hell!

The sex was different then anything I've ever read; four of them in the same room...

“Myles?”
Lauren Woods
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

• Maps (Life According to Maps, #1)
  • Diamonds (Life According to Maps, #2)
  • Lane’s (Life According to Maps #3)
  • Murder House (PsyCop, #10)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • The Hate You Drink
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Tonight
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)
  • Walking on Thin Ice (Ice and Snow Christmas, #1)
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • Natural Enemies
  • The 5th Gender (Tinkered Stars)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Everyone's Afraid of Clowns (PsyCop, #9.5)
Author Darien Cox lives in New England and enjoys using romantic fiction to explore the intensity, insanity, humor, and chaos that accompanies cupid’s arrow.

The Village (4 books)
  • Safe in Your Fire (The Village, #1)
  • Deep in Your Shadows (The Village, #2)
  • Trapped in Your Storm (The Village, #3)
  • Caught in Your Wake (The Village #4)
“No one got to taste Christian’s painted skin but Myles. No one. From this world, or any other. ” 0 likes
“Myles?” Joff asked softly. “What to happening now?” Myles looked over Christian’s shoulder at Baz. “I’m gonna get Christian off,” Myles said. “And Baz? You’re gonna watch.” ****” 0 likes