Start by marking “Stained” as Want to Read:
Stained

Stained

Blackouts have always been Melissa's problem, but now she has a new one. People are missing, and she isn't entirely convinced she's not responsible.
ebook, First
Published December 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Stained, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stained

Start your review of Stained
Selene
Unreliable narrator ✔ (view spoiler)
Amazon freebie ✔
Short story ✔
Predictable but still enjoyable ✔["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
Jessica Jesinghaus
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
"A Short Chiller" indeed, but it packs a wallop. Darkly atmospheric with a chilling twist at the end.
Jessica Fisette
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is definitely another intriguing dark story from Author Kayla Krantz. I felt like the character was well-developed and the dialogue hinted at a backstory I would love to hear more about--but by the ending we get a pretty good idea. The prose was well-written and intriguing; just the narrative alone pushed me to keep reading.

Stained didn't leave anything unanswered, and it had the perfect ending--even if I would love for the story to continue because it was getting really good. Maybe the aut
Cheryl
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
** This is a Kindle 30 Minute Read **

A short, short story that managed to pack a lot of mystery and anxiety into it's few pages. Even though you could see where the story was heading the ending still snuck up and shocked you. Recommended for short story aficionados.
A.S. McGowan
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This short story hooked me from the very beginning. It spends it's time in first person of the main character Melissa. A neighbor has gone missing, Melissa's parents are out of town and she keeps having weird dreams. I was hooked in the way in which the author portrayed this story. The ending was great. I also love how the author allows the reader to draw some conclusions of their own. I won't tell you what those are as that would give away the ending. If you want a very short story chiller then ...more
Patty
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that feeling when you have no idea what is going to happen and Kayla Krantz succeeds in making my heart race in just 20 minutes! This is a spine-chilling quick listen about Melissa, her dreams and the truth. I was on the edge of my seat and loved every minute. I do hope we get another look into this character, she would be very interesting! Jessica Carusso gives an thrill filled performance keeping the suspense high.
Lennie Grace
It was ok

It was OK. I liked it alright. I just wishes it focused more on the dream parts. & On "the incident". I think it would have worked better as a novel then a short story. Still. It was OK. Just OK. 🤷

I did really like the sense of loneliness and isolation the main character had. That part was done Really well. 😁
Joselyn  Raquel Moreno Burke
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this one for an honest review.

It was pretty interesting actually, I think this could be exploited to do a semi full length novel about the girl and what actually happened with her mom and what else does she did while "sleeping".

Really liked it.
Di
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just like what you expect in a short story. It gives you a lot to think think about but it didn’t fall short with giving the reader the creeps.

Give it a try and you’ll want more!
Susan
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, short-story
This short story was nicely written and presented.
Michelle Williams-King
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a quick read with lots of tension and an awesome ending!
Thomas Jr.
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting, entertaining short.

Very quick and to the point. An enjoyable and highly entertaining read. Interesting concept, a perfect just before bed tale.
Brent Harris
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stained is a short chiller by horror scribe Kayla Krantz. It follows Melissa, a girl in need of therapy due to her ‘blackouts’ and tenuous grasp of reality. Melissa dreams of blood. She suffers visions of visceral crime scenes that at times she feels she has something to do with, but at others, she distances herself as if she herself could become the next victim. She’s your typical no-friends-at-school protagonist that must work through her nightmares alone. Or are they really dreams?

While I enj
Brandi Nyborg
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It amazes how much this author packed into this short story. I enjoyed the horror, and I read through this really fast. I liked the twist ending, and how it was wrapped up. I would love to see a sequel, or even a follow up novel.
Marian Crawford
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chilling

Good read. Kept my interest and surprised by the ending. I cannot wait to read more of her words. Splendid.
Vincent Krantz
John Greenwood
Jul 26, 2017
Davyne DeSye
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a macabre little story. And gosh, I really want to know about the incident between Melissa and her mom... creepy.
K.J. Chapman
Cyrene Olson
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Uncaged Book Reviews:

A very short read but its very action packed and you jump. Right into the story from the first page.
Reviewed by Jennifer

Full review at UncagedBooks.com
thebonebreaker
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a well-written story that kept me engaged throughout.
linda royle
Apr 09, 2017
Abbie
Jennifer Johnson
Jun 30, 2020
Julie
Jun 23, 2019

• Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)
  • Endless Night
  • Robyn and the Hoods and Other Stories
  • Summer's End
  • Wish
  • Wolf Hollow
  • Pet
  • No Fixed Address
  • In the Key of Nira Ghani
  • The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)
  • Call of the Wraith (The Blackthorn Key, #4)
  • The Voice in My Head
  • The Half Glass Girl
  • Writing a Kindle Book a Week: How to write books for Amazon quickly on a weekly basis for improved sales and profits. How to maintain the right mindset and motivation for writing quality books fast.
  • Diner Deeds Done Dirt Cheap: An Aspie Girl in Massachusetts (Diner Short Story Mysteries #1)
  • One True King (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #3)
  • A Single Shot
  • The Black Cat
Kayla Krantz is a proud author, responsible for a number of novels in the genres dark fantasy, psychological horror, and supernatural thriller. She is fascinated by the dark and macabre. Stephen King is her all-time inspiration, mixed in with some faint remnants of the works of Edgar Allen Poe. When she began writing, she started in horror, but somehow drifted into thriller and fantasy. She loves ...more