Start by marking “Stained” as Want to Read:
Stained

Stained

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Blackouts have always been Melissa's problem, but now she has a new one. People are missing, and she isn't entirely convinced she's not responsible.
ebook, First
Published December 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Stained, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stained

Selene
Unreliable narrator ✔ (view spoiler)
Amazon freebie ✔
Short story ✔
Predictable but still enjoyable ✔
Jessica Jesinghaus
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
"A Short Chiller" indeed, but it packs a wallop. Darkly atmospheric with a chilling twist at the end.
Jessica Fisette
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is definitely another intriguing dark story from Author Kayla Krantz. I felt like the character was well-developed and the dialogue hinted at a backstory I would love to hear more about--but by the ending we get a pretty good idea. The prose was well-written and intriguing; just the narrative alone pushed me to keep reading.

Stained didn't leave anything unanswered, and it had the perfect ending--even if I would love for the story to continue because it was getting really good. Maybe the aut
A.S. McGowan
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This short story hooked me from the very beginning. It spends it's time in first person of the main character Melissa. A neighbor has gone missing, Melissa's parents are out of town and she keeps having weird dreams. I was hooked in the way in which the author portrayed this story. The ending was great. I also love how the author allows the reader to draw some conclusions of their own. I won't tell you what those are as that would give away the ending. If you want a very short story chiller then ...more
L.P. Rose
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dark Chiller

This is the first story I've read of Kayla's and I was drawn in by the first paragraph. The short is a dark chiller about a girl called Melissa, a loner with no friends and parents who seemed to shun her. She suffers with vivid nightmares about blood on her hands and when her neighbor is murdered she wants to get to the bottom of it.
At first I did think maybe she was psychic with the flashes of images she kept getting...But I was wrong.
Cheryl
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
** This is a Kindle 30 Minute Read **

A short, short story that managed to pack a lot of mystery and anxiety into it's few pages. Even though you could see where the story was heading the ending still snuck up and shocked you. Recommended for short story aficionados.
Joselyn  Moreno Burke
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this one for an honest review.

It was pretty interesting actually, I think this could be exploited to do a semi full length novel about the girl and what actually happened with her mom and what else does she did while "sleeping".

Really liked it.
Michelle Williams-King
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a quick read with lots of tension and an awesome ending!
Thomas Jr.
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting, entertaining short.

Very quick and to the point. An enjoyable and highly entertaining read. Interesting concept, a perfect just before bed tale.
Brent Harris
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stained is a short chiller by horror scribe Kayla Krantz. It follows Melissa, a girl in need of therapy due to her ‘blackouts’ and tenuous grasp of reality. Melissa dreams of blood. She suffers visions of visceral crime scenes that at times she feels she has something to do with, but at others, she distances herself as if she herself could become the next victim. She’s your typical no-friends-at-school protagonist that must work through her nightmares alone. Or are they really dreams?

While I enj
Brandi Nyborg
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It amazes how much this author packed into this short story. I enjoyed the horror, and I read through this really fast. I liked the twist ending, and how it was wrapped up. I would love to see a sequel, or even a follow up novel.
Marian Crawford
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chilling

Good read. Kept my interest and surprised by the ending. I cannot wait to read more of her words. Splendid.
Vincent Krantz
John Greenwood
Jul 26, 2017
Davyne DeSye
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a macabre little story. And gosh, I really want to know about the incident between Melissa and her mom... creepy.
K.J. Chapman
Cyrene Olson
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Uncaged Book Reviews:

A very short read but its very action packed and you jump. Right into the story from the first page.
Reviewed by Jennifer

Full review at UncagedBooks.com
thebonebreaker
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a well-written story that kept me engaged throughout.
linda royle
Apr 09, 2017
Abbie
Brody
Dec 14, 2016
Anne
rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2017
Lilith Gray
Dec 16, 2016
Sam
Oct 03, 2018
Matt
Oct 12, 2018
Proud author responsible for Dead by Morning and The Council, fascinated by the dark and macabre. Stephen King is her all time inspiration mixed in with a little bit of Eminem and some faint remnants of the works of Edgar Allen Poe. When she began writing, she started in horror but it somehow drifted into thriller. She loves the 1988 movie Heathers. She was born and raised in Michigan but traveled ...more