Start by marking “Let it Snow” as Want to Read:
Let it Snow

Let it Snow

3.80  ·  Rating details ·  95,837 ratings  ·  9,320 reviews
Alternate cover edition for B006MOW98E

The New York Times bestseller!

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train throu/>The
Published December 2016 by Speak (first published October 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Let it Snow, please sign up.
Clarissa I don't think he necessarily represented something (but maybe he did i don't know) but i saw him as the character who links the three stories…moreI don't think he necessarily represented something (but maybe he did i don't know) but i saw him as the character who links the three stories together. He's in each story so you get this familiar feeling when we see him. (less)
Victoria Yes, all of the main characters are teenagers (or, to be more specific, high school students).

·  95,837 ratings  ·  9,320 reviews

Start your review of Let it Snow
Shelley
Dec 15, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth, christmas
It started off strong and got progressively weaker. Maureen Johnson was fun, John Green all right and Lauren Myracle dismal.

Maureen Johnson's story was super quirky and giggly and slightly ridiculous (in a good way). I liked Jubilee a lot, crazy as she was, and was amused to see a lot of my mother in Stuart's. It was just cheery, fun Christmas fluff.

John Green's kind of drove me nuts. I wanted to like it more, but I guess I am not that adventurous, because I kept thinking
Zoë
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Read during my holiday 24-hour readathon, #readathonbyzoe! Watch the vlog here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLPp...
Raeleen Lemay
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, own
Re-read in December 2015
*3.5/5*
I still really enjoyed this, but just not quite as much as the first time around. However, I am really glad that I read it again because it got me in the holiday spirit! Also, in finishing this book, I completed the Popsugar 2015 reading challenge! FUN FUN FUN

First read in December 2012

AHHHHH SO CUTE AND FLUFFY AND WONDERFUL. AHH. My favorite story was definitely the second one, John's, BUT I LOVED THEM ALL.
Ariel
Jan 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been meaning to read this for FOREVER and I'm glad I finally did. It's the depths of winter here in Canada so the snowy theme came at the perfect time. While I enjoyed it and found the stories generally exciting enough to keep reading, I didn't fall in love with any characters, any settings, any stories. Here's my review of it: https://www.patreon.com/posts/4375745!
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carol [Goodreads Addict] by: Branwen *of House Targaryen*
Let it Snow is an anthology of three short stories, all tied together by a thread, written by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle. This book was a gift from a dear friend.

train gif

The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson

holiday village display:

It’s Christmas Eve and Jubilee Dougal can’t wait to attend tclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
The
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Well that was stinkin' adorable
prag ♻
Dec 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: somebody who wishes to die a horrible, painful death
Recommended to prag ♻ by: my inner john green fangirl
Here's five reasons why Let it Snow is sentenced to a one star rating.

But first, it must be acknowledged that I did not suffer this re-read alone but was assisted by the traitor,

Offence #1: Self deprecating main character

I'm not saying everybody has to be confident and perfect all the time. No, I'm saying a well written character should have a personality that extends further than feeling sorry for your name all the time. The first story starts with about three paragraphs of rambling about how Jubilee (who's the whiny narrator for the
Janina
This is the perfect book to curl up with when it’s cold and snowing outside. It is one of those reads that just makes you want to snuggle up on your couch, a hot cocoa or tea in hand and enjoy the winterly atmosphere. In fact, the only thing missing for my perfect reading experience was the fireplace ;).

I don’t want to give too much away about the stories themselves because I think it is best to go into this book unprepared and let yourself be surprised. I liked all three stories, bu
Ely Green
Sigh. Half of me wants to scream WORST BOOK EVER. UGH. BLEHH. MNEHH. AAARGHHH MY BRAIN IS BLEEDING. The other half is thinking: John Green, you absolute motherfucking genius. You managed to salvage this utter arse-crap. Well. Fucking. Done.
As much as I hate chick-lit [and this is beyond chick-lit. it's like 300 pages of mushy, smoochy, splodge of chick-lit paradise], I read this because...oh fuck it, it's Xmas. I could barely get through the first of the 3 stories. It killed my brain cells
Gabriela Silva
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I may have been a complete lunatic, but I was a complete lunatic with manners.”

It was a lot of fun! Liked the character development. I just expected a little more, but I still enjoyed this.
Mary S. R.
3.5 STARS! a cute holiday read full of snowy disasters and teenage romances :)
“I always had this idea that you should never give up a happy middle in the hopes of a happy ending, because there is no such thing as a happy ending.”
An ill-timed storm on Christmas Eve (the biggest storm in fifty years, no less) buries the residents of Gracetown under multiple feet of snow and causes quite a bit of chaos.

One brave soul ventures out into the storm from her stranded train and sets off a chain of reactions and events:)
abby
If sweet and adorable got together and had a baby around Christmastime, it would be this book. I cheated on another holiday themed short story collection to read this one. No regrets. The three not-so-short stories in this book are loosely interconnected. In the first one, Jubilee is shocked to learn that her parents have been arrested in a black friday type shopping riot and that she's being shipped off to her grandparents' for Christmas. Her train gets stuck in a snow storm on route, and so sh ...more
may ❀

OUR LAST Buddy Read (5/5) for 2016 and my very first reread with, Praya ♡♡♡ i'm sorry, please still be my friend

Aaaaaaand, this is my 230th book of the year!!!

I’ve finally reached my second goal!!!! So that means I get to take a break from reading for the rest of the year (this is a lie)

See you in 2017!!! ♡♡♡♡

description

I’ve always been extremely hesitant to reread books for one very obvious reason; right now, all my fears and worries have come true.

A book that I once thought was adorable, charmi
Kassidy
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is so super cute!!!
I love all of the stories and it's great how they all come together in the end!! Such a perfect Christmas book :D
nicole
Aug 05, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantical, ya, holiday
Pretty much what you'd expect. Light, fun, festive. Had the feel of an ABC Family made-for-tv holiday special (which I love!), but funnier. And quirkier. Because John Green and Maureen Johnson are funny and quirky and their styles and characters fit together so naturally. While I like Myracle just fine, she feels like the third wheel in this collection of interconnected stories and leaving her to pen the final story and tie everything together was Let It Snow's major flaw. It was nice to see all ...more
Larry H
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Let It Snow is a trio of somewhat-interconnected short stories about the highs and lows of love against the backdrop of a massive snowstorm.

In Maureen Johnson’s "The Jubilee Express," a girl’s holiday plans are derailed again and again. First, her parents are thrown in jail unexpectedly, then her train to Florida gets stuck in the copious snow, and she escapes the chaos of the train by heading to a Waffle House for refuge, where she meets a young man with his own tr/>
dyanne
This book, even though it is categorized as one book (singular) it should really be categorized as three books (plural) because although the stories within the book are interrelated, the writing-style and general plot of each story is unique and each could stand on its own. It only seems fitting to write three mini-reviews.
Note: the review may get rather long and unwieldy. I apologize in advance.
Section 1:
The Jubilee Express

Just a little taste of chapter one beforehand…
..my name/>..my/>Section
Andrew (BritBookBoy)
Very cute. The first story was definitely my favourite!
oliviasbooks
(ca. 2009/03/23:) Three snowy stories by different authors melted into a satisfying whole. Yes, I think, I like it! I have finished the first story "Jubilee Line" by Maureen Johnson (great style, by the way. Funny, a little crazy, a little romantic.) and started the second one, "Cheertastic Christmas Miracle" by John Green. After a few pages I thought: "Wait, another Waffle House in the middle of nowhere? These guys know a heartbroken boy named Stuart Weintraub? Ha, this is the protagonist from ...more
Kate (thebookgram) ♡
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
This book was absolutely perfect!
Honestly, one of my favourite books ever, even if it is a Christmas book!
I loved every single story SO much:
The Jubilee express by Maureen Johnson: 5 stars
A Cheertastic Christmas miracle by John Green: 4 stars
The patron saint of pigs by Lauren Myracle: 5 stars

Just pick up this book if you haven't already, it was amazing! I also absolutely loved how all the stories intertwined together at the end, it was so well done!
It made me smi
Andie
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be fair, these three stories should be rated separately.
The Jubilee Express 4.5 ⭐'s - A fun and quirky read with very like able characters.
A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle 4 ⭐'s - I expected to like John Green's story the best because well, he's John Green! I loved how adventurous this story was but it came off a little forced and the characters annoying at times.
The Patron Saint of Pigs 2 ⭐'s - I found myself mostly skimming through this one because the main character was whiny and self ab
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
2 Stars

Overview:

I read this because of John Green. Not even gonna lie.

I was hoping for three, fluffy holiday stories—like the summary promises. Instead this was just three choppy stories.

Pros:

It was cute, like it promised.

I think the main reason I’m giving this two stars is because, in a weird way, the writing wasn’t bad. It was quirky and humorous in all three stories, and I could easily see how all three authors wrote longer, more enjoyable fiction.

Cons:

No one had ti/>Cons:/>
Giulia
3.75 stars.
I'm so busy at the moment that I don't have time to write a proper review.
But I really enjoyed it. It was a light read filled with Christmas-y feels and love. Perfect for the holidays if you ask me, when everyone's so busy they don't have time to actually read.;)

*Review to come!*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, let's start by saying that I am that person who starts listening to Christmas music in November. As December approaches, I become quite obsessed with everything red, gold and dark green, I turn into a walking Christmas impersonation
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
Snow

This was a really cute, feel-good, wintery read.

(And yes, I read a Christmas book in August... Why?? IDEK)

I loved the writing styles!! They had the perfect balance of humour, fluff, drama, and it was really enjoyable to read!

And all three were Soooooo cute! Just what I was hoping for!!

But there was definitely lots of cringe. And SO MUCH CHEESE!!

But really, I' don't really mind because I live for trash like this 🙃

The first story was definitely my favourite one. Though I loved them all, I thought that Jubilee & Stuart were my favourite couple.

The l
Julia Sapphire
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, re-reads, 2017, 2015
x3 ReRead: December 16, 2017

Still ADORE the first story so much !! Loved how these intertwined together.
I did notice a lot of problems with Green's story though, just certain offensive comments were made. The last story was kind of annoying to be honest... Story one was by far the best though!

I would actually lower my original rating to a 3.75 or a 3.5 stars as opposed to the 4 stars I originally gave it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Zoe Stewart (yerabooknerdzoe)
This was cute, and that's about it. Nothing stood out, it wasn't the greatest contemporary ever written, but it was still an enjoyable read. I think John Green's story was my least favourite, followed by Lauren Myracle's. Maureen Johnson's was by far my favourite, even though it was still nothing special. Part of this could be that I don't like short stories, and I would've loved this to be done as one full-length novel with the chapters switching between characters. Also, the name choices were ...more
Jessica
Three of today's top YA authors have written intertwining novellas set on Christmas in a small town in North Carolina. A Waffle House figures big, and so does Starbucks, a train, a blizzard, and a teacup pig. I can't say any more without ruining things, but this book is a Christmas gift in itself: funny and well-written, not to mention romantic, all three are equally strong!

Reread, Christmas 2012: Love this book every time! I think The Jubilee Express might be my favorite, by a narro
Jojo
Dec 26, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Looking for Alaska is popular with my students, and I've enjoyed everything I've read by John Green, so I bought this for my classroom library.

The first story was pretty good: girl-meets-boy-in-a-blizzard. The boy was very sweet. I would definitely seek out more of Maureen Johnson's work for my classroom.

The John Green story was familiar: nerdy guy's adventures with his brainy (in this case, Asian) friend and their one-of-the-boys, liable-to-say-anything platonic girl pal.

The
Melissa Veras
Dec 19, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Did not finishing this at 34% meaning I just read the first story and hated it so much I had to stop. I'm terrified of what I'm going to find in the next two stories and, for now, I'm not seeing myself finishing this any time soon... if ever.

The Jubilee Express: 1/5 stars. So awful, Jubilee was a horrible character in my opinion, she's EXTREMELY judgmental but at the same time she swears she's not. Honey, you are NOT an special little cookie just because you're not a cheerleader, oka
Brittney
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1) Too much girl hate. 2) Writing was decent but nothing special. 3) I guess this book was so over hyped that I went in with too high of expectations because none of the short stories were as good as I thought they were going to be.

• My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1)
  • Five Feet Apart
  • All the Bright Places
  • Eleanor & Park
  • P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)
  • The Sun Is Also a Star
  • Holding Up the Universe
  • Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1)
  • Fangirl
  • To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)
  • Girl Online (Girl Online, #1)
  • Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)
  • Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)
  • Everything, Everything
  • The Sky Is Everywhere
  • A Lightwood Christmas Carol, Part I (Chain of Gold Extra Content #7)
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower

John Green's first novel, Looking for Alaska, won the 2006 Michael L. Printz Award presented by the American Library Association. His second novel, An Abundance of Katherines, was a 2007 Michael L. Printz Award Honor Book and a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. His next novel, Paper Towns, is a New York Times bestselle
“We just did an awesome job of not dying.” 601 likes