Start by marking “His Reluctant Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Reluctant Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #2)

His Reluctant Omega

(The Mountain Shifters #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  590 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Mitchell is an alpha among alphas in the brutal Mountain Ridge Pack. He rules with equal parts fear and respect, but his pack is growing restless after decades without an heir to his proverbial throne. Only an alpha and an omega pair can sire another alpha to lead the pack, but Mitchell's not-so-secret shame is the fact that he hasn't been able to impregnate any of his fem ...more
Published December 7th 2016 by L.C. Davis

To ask other readers questions about His Reluctant Omega, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Reluctant Omega

Tanu Gill
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story started off really well. I was intrigued beyond my expectations. The omegas were pretty amazing, and Mitchell was fine too. Then they mentioned the cheating and how Angel got turned on by it. That pretty much soured the fun for me. And the ending really disappointed me.
Lorraine Lesar
DNF at 69%.
CHEATING!!!! and now I won’t be continuing with the Series!
Theresa
Dec 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
CHEATING. 61% into the book. The Alpha was fighting the mating drive to be with his omega after they had sex the first time and he gave him a mating bite. This shifter world required two bites to become official mates, one in human form and the other in wolf form. For several days he had been staying away from home for long hours and sleeping on the couch to avoid his omega. The Alpha got his beta to keep tabs on his omega and report back. To take the edge off of his sexual frustration, he had s ...more
Rachel Emily
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I definitely enjoyed this story more than the first one in this series, I thought the writing was stronger and I liked the story telling more. I'm a sucker for characters who are badass on the outside but really just want to be loved and are a softie, and also for characters who had a bad past get their HEA, and this gave me both with Mitchell and Angel.

I definitely do think it's best to have read the first book in the series since it does continue on and helps to know what has happened. This i
Dela
I actually quite liked the world building and the writing was very good. What I didn't like is the way the alpha hero - who was meant to be mated to the omega - had sex with someone else as if it was a completely normal thing to do.
There was no agonizing over it. No thought of it being cheating or in any way inappropriate or wrong. It was like having lunch.
What made it worse for me, was that the guy he had the sex with (multiple times throughout the story) was also in love with someone else yet
Michelle
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
No proofreading

It was a good book, but there was a lot of proof reading errors in it that were kind of annoying.
☆Monica
I think this is the first time I've dnf a book. I got to 18% and was done. Not going to rate bc what I had read isn't worthy. I should've known after book 1 but was curious.
Mike
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nicely rough and tumble for an Omegaverse book

Most of the Omegaverse stories I've read lately have come across like stories of traditional male/female arranged marriages. This book is significantly grittier, with interesting characters who are tough and yet also press gender lines and Alpha/Beta/Omega roles.

The ending was swift but had some nice twists and turns, making up for slow spots here and there.
*~*~*Hyperion*~*~*
Jan 31, 2017 marked it as 00-mm-fail-dnf-nope-will-not-read
Fuck no, this has CHEATING >:-O!!!!!!!! Cheating ... something I LOATHE with an absolute and fiery passion ... something that is guaranteed to kill a book for me!!!
Why?!!? Seriously, WHY?!!? Why is cheating a recurring trope?!!? NO. Just ... hell-fucking-NO!!!

This review sealed the deal and turned me off this book COMPLETELY -->> Theresa's review!! Thank goodness for this reviewer's review!!
Emily Seelye
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Qin
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Unlike the first book, in which the romantic arc felt cramped and ill-at-ease, this instalment strives to lavish equal care, and to allot equal compass, to the specific pairing and the overarching plot slash world-building. Discounting the usual bombastic writing which is not helped by the properly appalling proof-reading, with hundreds upon hundreds of minor mistakes of spelling, but whose relative elaborateness has been designed to bamboozle into admiration subliterary readers, there are enoug ...more
Maria Aguilar
I have to say I really like this one better then the first one and I like the first one.

The story is about Mitchell, the Alpha of the Mountain Ridge pack, asking Barnabas as to why he is not getting an heir when he basically slept with every female omega in his pack, who are part of a Breeding program. It turn out that he need to sleep with a male omega to at least get an heir, which lead him in finding one name Angel. Angel has been living in hell cause the Breeding program is nothing more then
Kalyee
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
So bummed.

I really enjoyed the first book in this series and was excited to start the second. Unfortunately, the story has one of the plot points that really annoy me, and I found myself unable to invest in the characters because of it. (view spoiler)
MaryAnne
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Like others have said, the "cheating" threw me off. I suppose they didn't specify exclusivity and Angel was turned on by the idea of Toval and Mitchell together, so I guess to each their own. The rest of the book wasn't awfully captivating. Typical trope of omega abuse and the alphaest Alpha and the feisty atypical omega fall in love, some semblance of a pack war, blah blah blah.
This is a series I read on and off (and out of order) when I'm in the mood for omegaverse shenanigans, but I've read
SammiSue
This book is definitely the actual start of the series. The main characters in Unclaimed Omega all but disappear from the rest of the series. Whereas the characters from this book grow strong legs and carry the series, making it a wonderful, thought provoking read. Don't know why it goes like that, but this book is the one to pay attention to as it spurns some of the better books later in the series.
P Leslie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
Angel's experience at the breeding facility left him broken in more ways than one but everything changes when orders come to transfer him. Angel wasn't a typical omega - he's a protector with a strong heart.

Mitchell surprised me throughout - he takes responsibility for what the omegas went through.

I really enjoyed this one but I'd be lying if I said it didn't drag on.
Midia
May 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Definitly NOT for me (view spoiler)
Shell
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This book was really great. I didn’t notice it was the second book in the series and read this first. Didn’t matter though, seems like their wasn’t anything dependent on the last book.

I did cry quite a bit through the beginning and middle of the book. But it had a happy ending.
Nayanthara
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story had so many original twists and turns, along with all the normal elements that we love in a romance, that I would have given it 6 stars if the possibility was there. It was very enjoyable to read. Awesome!
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
3.9 Stars

Much more detailed and nuanced than the last one, and the rating reflects that improvement. I also liked the inside look at a pack run more like it was a branch of the military as well. Interesting, to say the least.

Definitely adding the next one to the TBR pile.
Tori Thompson
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a bad story, but needs some serious editing....
Oct 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
dnf, cheating... just no
DeeNeez
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, glbt
The editing errors were extremely distracting, but the story was good. And I'm not a fan of mpreg stories in general, nor of wolf pack stories of late, so my judgement may be off a bit on the rating.
Dena
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*
Sandra Walker
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Special Omega's

Each has a good talent that's useful to their people as a whole. Couples are very interesting with all the ups and downs.
Jennifer babcock
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding !!!!

This is one of the nest books I have read in a long time. It had me crying and also very in vested in the ending Do your self a favor and read it. I don't want to give anything away that might spoil the story so read it your self of is great!
Andrea
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
KU
Very strong story, good writing and well developed characters. I didn't particularly care for some of them but others I loved. Best of all for me, although there was sex, it was well integrated and didn't take first place in the storyline. And the ending was great. I got this book from Kindle Unlimited and books like this make me glad I joined. I'll be reading more of this author's work.

2nd book in a series but reads well as a standalone - great HEA
Colleen M
This wasn't a bad read at all, I enjoyed the story. I was in the mood for a earn-my-trust kind of story, and that was what I got. That beings said... there was a lack of character development, and there was significant cheating, even though it wasn't really treated as such - in fact when Mitchell tells Angel about it, Angel gets turned on and jumps Mitchell's bones. Eh. But honestly, if you can get through that, this is worth a read, particularly if you have KU.

Angel has been abused at the hands
Chineche
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
There is nothing I abhor more than authors who use whole chapters to go into explicit detail about sex. Horribly written and one can tell they're making shit up. AKA author is not gay or lesbian and has no idea what they're on about.

Secondly, this book is riddled with grammatical errors. Did the author not edit it or have a human being(with good command of English) proof it? Shouldn't we know the difference between "off" and "of", "too" and "to" and the ever ubiquitous "there","their" and "they
Sierra
Dec 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
I didn't get very far into this one before I turned it back in on KU. I don't like stories that give lots of details of physical or sexual abuse. I tried to push through the (horrific) stories here to get to what I thought would be a sweet story of redemptive love. NOT. The alpha was an @sshole. He ran his pack like a military organization and neither cared about nor trusted absolutely anyone. The culture of the pack is really sick as well. They keep the omegas in breeding programs and use them ...more
Hi! I'm L.C. Davis, author of The Mountain Shifters Series, Queer Magick and the upcoming Great Plains Shifters series. I write MPREG and M/M fantasy.

I love hearing from readers, so feel free to reach out here on Goodreads or via email at author@lcdavisbooks.com!

The Mountain Shifters (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • His Unclaimed Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #1)
  • His Unexpected Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #3)
  • His Runaway Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #4)
  • His Second Chance Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #5)
  • Their Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #6)
  • His Reformed Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #7)
  • His Verum Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #8)
  • His Reclaimed Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #9)
  • Alpha, Beta, Omega (The Mountain Shifters #10)
  • His Taken Omega (The Mountain Shifters, #11)