Start by marking “Wait for It” as Want to Read:
Wait for It

Wait for It

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  35,525 ratings  ·  2,875 reviews
If anyone ever said being an adult was easy, they hadn't been one long enough. Diana Casillas can admit it: she doesn't know what the hell she's doing half the time. How she's made it through the last two years of her life without killing anyone is nothing short of a miracle. Being a grown-up wasn't supposed to be so hard. With a new house, two little boys she inherited th ...more
Published December 7th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Wait for It, please sign up.
Nicky When trying to convince Diana he was serious about being with her, he told her that when he saw her pink toolbox with puppies on it, he'd never been a…moreWhen trying to convince Diana he was serious about being with her, he told her that when he saw her pink toolbox with puppies on it, he'd never been angrier with himself for making stupid life choices. It was a sentence that was in the audio version, but not in the Kindle version.(less)
veta Yes she is a cousin of Sal and she is Vanessa's friend in The Wall of Winnipeg and Me .
…more
(less)
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Hating Game by Sally  ThorneThe V Girl by Mya RobartsArcher's Voice by Mia Sheridan
Slow-burn romance
658 books — 2,239 voters
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Deal by Elle KennedyUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataWait for It by Mariana Zapata
Slow romance
675 books — 2,177 voters

More lists with this book...

·  35,525 ratings  ·  2,875 reviews

Start your review of Wait for It
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Low 4 Stars

So.

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Shocking, I know.

What can I say.

***Tangent Alert***

At our last house, I had a door mat that said "GO AWAY."
But Sir Handyman convinced me to lessen the mean and get one that says the ever cliche "Wipe Your Paws" at our new digs.

But anyway.

As I said, I am not feeling the Christmas spirit today.

description

Or the review spirit, for that matter.

So I have no actual idea what I am about to write here.

But, fuck it, let's wing it.

I liked this bo
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

[image error]

Mariana Zapata surprises readers with the release of this story. I think her strengths are always found in her ability to write day to day scenes in her stories while building the excitement of the couple actually connecting. It’s written in the same vein as her others as she takes you day to day with her characters building up the tension until the very end.

description

Since her brother's death, Diana Casillas has been raising her two young nephews for the past two years. Her last nam
Christy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!!

photo 20246275_10104015778694178_7817442658936825186_n_zpsuxukl2x9.jpg

After finishing Wait for It, I cried a bit. Why you ask? This is the last Mariana Zapata book I had to read, and it made me sad. Her books are so fantastic, and I’ve always looked forward to having a new one to read or listen to. I guess thank goodness there are always re-reads! I’m sure I’ll be re-reading many in my future!

Wait for It had so much I love in a book. It had Za
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

You don't know what love was until someone was willing to give up what they loved the most for you."

Mariana Zapata does it again! Wait For It felt familiar yet entirely new and refreshing. This book had everything I loved in her books and more. So much more. It had vibrant characters, the most wonderful slow burn you could ask for, an entertaining and authentic voice, and familiar characters we've met and loved. If you'd ask me to describe the bo
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mariana Zapata Fans, Romance
4 Finding Your Own Idiot Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free-Best Romance Semifinal Round-VOTE!!
This book has everything a Zapata read usually has:
Amazing Swoon Worthy Moments...
Characters who jump off the page and you wish you knew them personally...
Serious Life Lessons we all can relate to...
An Extremely Slow Burn...
And Heart...lots and lots of it.

You will love Josh and Louie HARDCORE ❤️❤️❤️
You will appreciate Diana and her philosophy of never lying to her boys
You will watch and wait for Diana to figu
Corina
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's time for a reread..... first one in 2020

___________________________________

The book was packed with everything I adore. Cute kids, a strong and snarky heroine, a grumpy hot neighbor and wonderful supporting characters. The slow burn and fantastic character building added to the overall enjoyment of this book.

Mariana Zapata has a unique talent for writing stories that are dedicated solely to the getting to know, becoming friends and THEN falling in love. NO insta-crush, or insta-love. Which
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Mariana Zapata is the queen of the slow burn!

Wait For It is the story of Diana, a young aunt who is raising her two nephews after the death of her brother and his wife. Moving into a new neighborhood, Diana meets her neighbor when she rescues his brother from being beaten up. From this point, their lives mix between family and friends and little league games.

Dallas is a grumpy guy across the
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
SO. I liked this book. I did. But.. I couldn’t help but compare it to The Wall of Winnipeg And Me. I know that’s a big no-no, but what I was looking and hoping for in this book was the same explosive and palpable chemistry Aiden and Vanessa had. And to feel that instant connection I did with those characters.

This has the slow burn Mariana is known for. But FOR ME, the story felt like it was dragging. I was hoping for a slow burn romance and not a slow story. And I think because the focus was SO
Stacey is Sassy
description

There’s something about Mariana…

I’m convinced that Mariana has a magic pen (I’m not going to say fingers because that just sounds crude) for writing such awesome stories. If someone was to ask me if I liked slow burn romance stories I’d probably say no. Mariana Zapata’s stories are an exception to the rule. Her stories are so full of heart and the characters have such passion and love that it seems inconsequential that her love stories don’t get down and dirty until the end. You don’t seem to ev
bella farren

07/05/20

My heart.
Too many emotions.

Overload.

I loved The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata instantly, so I had high hopes for this one and I was right. I am a sucker for a broken family and people going above and beyond for others. I immediately liked Diana when she was first introduced in The Wall of Winnipeg and Me but you see a whole new side of her in this book, she is more mature but still holds the same level of (crass) hum
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I am soooo glad I picked this novel up before this year ran out. While Zapata's latest release Dear Aaron was a bit of a miss for me, this book I loved to bits.

➦It's a slow burn romance that carries tons of character development so, if you're a fan of those, grab it and run! lol And lock yourself in the room for a whole day while you devour it. While this book didn't quite top The Wall of Winnipeg for me, it will be a second favorite of mine from this author.

➦The hero is a retired vet who coac
✰ Liz ✰
★4.5★
“I wanted someone to love me like that. I wanted you to love me like that.”
description

Wait for It is a contemporary romance featuring a single mom raising her nephews and a divorced (smoking hot) neighbor. Diana Casillas, a hairdresser, is working hard to give her two nephews a good home. While getting settled into her new home, she meets Dallas Walker. Dallas is NOT interested in getting to know Diana and yet, as the fates would have it the two are destined to become best friends. Through family
Mo
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 slow stars.

While I enjoyed this one, I felt it dragged a little bit. The storyline was very sweet and everything but I found it a little "humdrum" = My own life, at times, is a bit humdrum. Same old ding dong every day. Work, laundry, dinner, exercise, drop son off for soccer, collect son from soccer, grocery shopping, glass of wine .... start all over the next day. So, when I read a book, I like to escape reality a bit.

I really liked Diana. She was strong, sweet, kind, feisty - she cussed!
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I waited for it, I surely did. And although it was long, it was simply beautiful, unexpectedly and completely beautiful. Sometimes it's good to slow down, to give things time. I took my time with this book, after all it's fricken longer than most :-)) I'm not going to write a long review, as there are 1,000's out there already for this beauty however I need to say, if you can be patient, you HAVE to read this, you NEED to read this book.

I love when you get to a end of a book and you feel so com
Karla
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Re read 12/14 - 12/16/17

5 buttercup stars!

Imagine my surprise when I learned about this book (TY Nissan) the day before it was released, I was in heaven. I couldn't have been happier "wait for it" met my expectations and had me captivated from page one. As always Mariana manages to create this fantastic and relatable characters that just makes you have all the feels. With her signature slow burn style that I love.

Diana, is the guardian of her two nephews and she just moved into her new home.
⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
4.5 As You Wish Stars!!

Another winner from Mariana!

I love how every one of Mariana's books I have picked up is so unique (except the slow burn).

This was so much more than a romance, yes this is Diana and Dallas's love story but I think the story of how this Aunty builds a life for herself and her boys is the important one. Those boys were so sweet and I loved how close they were with their Aunt.

This is a story of love, loss, forgiveness and family. The characters were fantastic, I loved the exte
Carol
Reread started on 09/07/19
I am on a MZ reread kick right now, for some reason- I just can't help myself even though I have so many new books that I could be reading.
I remember really loving this one so much .

Reread finished on 09/09/19
All the ⭐'s and more 🌈
I LOVE THIS BOOK SO EFFING MUCH!!!!
All the feels.....Josh and Louie, such little heartbreakers.......Diana, what an amazing woman!!!!!!........Dallas, just the best, a patient and sweet MAN....they were so meant to be together.....
FANTASTIC st
• Jodi Bibliophile •
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 photo B0B9F1E3-F888-4125-AB7B-3D9188DF64BD_zpsduaqh8ao.jpg

“I always thought you looked like mine, but you sure do fucking feel like you’re mine, too."

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Calm.

I am calm.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!

She's fucking done it again!!

If I haven't already made this clear before, Mariana Zapata is one of the BEST storytellers EVER!!

Her words! Fuck her words fucking hit me every single turn of the page.

It's so real. To the silly nicknames to every conversation, it's just real life to me.

I loved her other books and I loved this one just as much.

Diana was
Bev
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this, but didn't love it. I knew going in it was going to be a slow burn - MZ builds her stories slowly, weaving in layer upon layer and I love that, usually. And here starts my waffly thoughts, rather than a review.

This time the slow burn was too slow and didn't really do much for me, I got a lot of the layers that I know MZ is going to give me, but the nitty gritty was missing. I didn't feel the romance between Diana and Dallas even though it built for most of the book, nor could I co
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5 stars

★Review★

You know what I hate about a MZ book, when I have finished it!? Knowing I have an UNACCEPTABLE wait fo
Bindi Boo
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Sweetness overload! I'm a true fan of this author, i didn't even bother with the blurb before i dived into this book. Only stopped to read the blurb around 30% when i was really trying to figure out who the hero in this book could be. Not that the blurb had much to tell. This one was a slooooowwwww burn at it's best....and believe me, when we reach that end, it was all super worth it. SUPER WORTH IT *happy sigh*

New responsibilities, new house, new neighbours... everything new is thrust
Aisling Zena
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it

I think we can all agree that Mariana Zapata is a master of the slow-build romance and an excellent author with the ability to make you read about every day mundane occurrences with the same avidness that you would read a nail-biting thriller.

If you have not yet read anything of hers, I implore you to give her a try. Especially her The Wall of Winnipeg and Me book, one of my all time favourites.

This book, for me, didn't quite reach the epicness that is The Wall but I was quite engrosse
Snow

4 "slow burn love" stars
Some people in life got lucky and found someone great, the rest of us either took a long time… or not ever

And Diana Casillas was lucky enough...to find what everyone hopes to find at some point in their lives...and she makes it happen

This was another slow burn romance from a "slow burn queen" Mariana Zapata, and I found several points "close to home" that kept my interest, brought up funny memories as well as some sad ones, but all in all, Mariana's talent to present a li
Lady Heather
Reread: June 2019
This is one of my favorite books.
I love the slow burn romance, the characters and the storyline.
Great story!
Great reread!

First read: December 8-13, 2018

Second read: (Audio version) February 20-22, 2018

"5 - So worth the wait Stars!"
I enjoyed my second reading/listening of this book so much more than the first.
I think it's because I just finished re-reading some of Mariana's books, so this one followed right after The Wall of Winnipeg and Me where Diana was first introduced to me
Paige
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There really is nothing quite like an MZ slow burn. Add in kids, a grumpy hero and a sassy heroine. Romance gold.
JewelsyGoolsy
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 -I actually "waited for it" and didn't kill someone- Stars

Trust me; I'm not big on delayed gratification and I am also known to be a bit of an impatient cow when it comes to slow burns. So imagine my surprise when I knowingly went into a book titled: "Wait for it", penned by an author who is renowned for her super slow burn romances... and actually enjoyed myself!
description

Did it blow me away? No. Did I get impatient while reading this? Yes. But in this book's defence; the storyline patiently and quiet
Lisa

I'm a little bit conflicted on how to rate this; while I wasn't too crazy on the plot (what plot?), I love love love the characters in this book I'd rate a 5 for characters alone. So I settled for a 3.5.

Things I dislike:

The pace was a bit too slow, I think? I mean Kulti and Winnipeg were both slow but Wait for It is another level of slow and I was like "when are things going to happen?". There isn't much of a plot too, IMO? We see Diana's struggles in raising the kids and the slow-buil
Alex ♈
I dunno what to say…
The book was fabulous, but such a slow burn. I feel like I read it for the last 3 months…
I might check in the mirror if I got wrinkles :-)
Loved the heroine!
I’ll write smth serious after 10-hour sleep.
MoodyJess
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Re read June 2020
I’m a sobbing effing mess and maybe I’m pmsing but this book is so damn good and the end is the absolute best and I love Mariana Zapata and will read anything she writes.
———————————————————————————-

5, "I waited till the end for it" Stars.

When you read a book that you're so emotionally attached to that when people ask you for something, or you have to go to work, or get out of bed, it's incredibly difficult to do. Like stealing candy from a baby. IT HURTS. Because all you want
BookLover
“I already feel sorry for whatever poor bastard ends up with me some day, but he’ll know what he’s getting into. I don’t hide it.”

This was another hit read for me from Mariana Zapata. So far all her books that I have read have been solid 5 stars and this one is was no different. I could not put this book down!

While Wait for It was definitely high up on the “slow burn romance” meter, it was also so much more, hitting on many points that totally work for me in books:
• Low angst
• Rich storyline,
Where toi Buy Spring Hall Health Keto 1 6 Jul 20, 2019 04:46AM
Tool Box 1 16 May 10, 2019 02:06PM
Turning Pages At ...: Wait for It by Mariana Zapata 27 69 Feb 10, 2017 05:02AM

• Wrecking Ball (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Archer's Voice
  • Enemies
  • Marriage for One
  • Sledgehammer (Hard to Love, #2)
  • The Opposite of You (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Scoring Wilder
  • To Love Jason Thorn
  • Punk 57
  • Managed (VIP, #2)
  • Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Dear Ava
  • The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)
  • Birthday Girl
  • To Hate Adam Connor
  • The Player Next Door
  • Outmatched

News & Interviews

“There was a lot of things about love that you could only learn after you’d faced the real kind. The best kind wasn’t this soft, sweet thing of hearts and picnics. It wasn’t flowery and divine. Real love was gritty. The real kind of love never quit. Someone who loved you would do what’s best for you; they’d stand up for you and sacrifice. Someone who loved you would face any inconvenience willingly. You didn’t know what love was until someone was willing to give up what they loved the most for you. But it was also never letting them make that choice, either.” 55 likes
“You can’t always wait for someone else to do the right thing when you can do it yourself.” 49 likes