Start by marking “If You Were Mine” as Want to Read:
If You Were Mine

If You Were Mine

Theo MacLeod wasn’t supposed to be the one.

Tall, dark and handsome suits me just fine, but the cocky grin, know-it-all attitude, and mammoth ego? No thanks. I only hired him so I wouldn’t have to sit at the singles table again. It was just pretend.

He wasn’t supposed to kiss me.

My heart wasn’t supposed to pound.

We weren’t supposed to spend the night together—the hottest n
ebook
Expected publication: February 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about If You Were Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Were Mine

Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Feb 19, 2017 Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski rated it it was amazing
Le sighhhh Theo...I love a broken man more then I love pizza...and I LOVE pizza!!!!!
Theo is the prefect broken man...he plays the part very well...never stays in once place to long, never lets anyone to close, never connects with people.
Clair on the other had is the opposite of broken...she is put together, she has a home, people who love her (not a special someone...yet) a great job she loves, and she has her art.
When you read a story like this you think that fate must have been playing a reall
Amber Sanchez
Feb 20, 2017 Amber Sanchez rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this title.* FAIRY TALES DO EXIST! "If You Were Mine" is a modern day fairy tale told in the most delicious way possible. A story of a woman left feeling like everyone around her was worthy of love except for her. Every chance she had been given at having a relationship fell flat; and weighed on her hope of HER chance ever coming to fruition. Claire is my ultimate heroine. Always kindhearted and holding out hope for the best possible conclusion. Claire is ...more
Karen
Feb 19, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing
Best epilogue ever, ever.

Whenever I read a Melanie Harlow book I have an overwhelming desire to stalk handsome men on Instagram. It happened with Dima of course and the lovely Brandyn and who can forget Franggy? But Theo MacLeod, I had to find my own inspiration for him. And I found a good one, Yann Wellhauser - you can thank me later for the eye candy.

Aside from stalking handsome men, Melanie forces me to buy bras and knickers to match covers. I was saved from that particular buying spree but
Diva Does  4 Good
Feb 20, 2017 Diva Does 4 Good rated it it was amazing
This book is delicious. Nothing compares to the way Melanie Harlow writes her characters.
Theo and Claire have a real life romance for the ages. He is the second male character I have read by Harlow that has such disdain for himself I shed a tear for him. "I don't deserve you, but if you were mine, I'd spend every last damn day of my life trying." But knowing I would get my HEA I had high hope he would come around and give Claire the lover she deserved. Although this was a standalone I got to vi
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 14, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Melanie Harlow Fans, Romance
4.5 Real People, Real Fears, Real Love Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
There is a reason Melanie Harlow is a must read for me. She brings humor, incredibly sexy times and huge heart to every story she tells. Yet what I love the most about her books is the possibility of actual people would have to juggle with these situations. Yes, sometimes the characters may be in perfect careers or live in exotic locals, like France....But overall, the themes of her books are presented so that all of us can rela
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

Tall, dark, and handsome was fine, but Theo was the kind of guy who thought he knew everything, and furthermore, he was going to enlighten you on it, whether you asked him to or not. I liked his smile, but not his smirk.

Melanie Harlow never disappoints. With a perfect blend of angst and humor, If You Were Mine hit all the right spots for me. A delicious blend of swoony and sexy, it was everything I've come to expect from this super talented author.

Theo MacLeod.

*shivers*

This. Man.

*shiv
Melanie Harlow
Dec 08, 2016 Melanie Harlow rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
★★★ IF YOU WERE MINE is now available for PREORDER!!★★★
An all new standalone coming February of 2017!!!

Preorder now!
Amazon ➜ http://amzn.to/2gD5YnO
iBooks ➜ http://apple.co/2gkdgio
Nook ➜ http://bit.ly/2h6dOJW

Theo MacLeod wasn’t supposed to be the one.

He wasn’t supposed to kiss me.

My heart wasn
Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳Theo... Theodore... Theo MacLeod... YES YES YES... and of course... YUM YUM YUUUMMM!

YESS MY BABY THEO IS THE INSPIRATION FOR THIS BOOK (for me at least)!

➳Pre-Order Links:
AmazoniBooksNook

Release Date: February 28th

➳Follow CristiinaReads On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I loved this book so much!!Seriously it was so good I'm in love with Theo <3 REVIEW TO COME

description

Mandy
I was so excited to read this one and it did not let me down - I loved everything about this book! The way Theo and Claire meet, the instant chemistry between them, the incredibly hot sexy times, the romantic cooking scene that will make me think of this book every time I see a marshmallow, Claire's friends and Theo's brother -everything about this book was complete perfection. The epilogue was so good I read it 3 times before writing my review - best epilogue ever! Books like this are why I rea ...more
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥

Plot: 5
Characters: 5
Scorching Level: 5
HEA: Not telling

Melanie Harlow made me smile, laugh and swoon with this book. It had everything I seek in a book and most importantly, it had characters that felt real, lovable and relatable.
Clare is a woman still looking for the man who will make her his. Her life as a single woman is challenged when she has to attend a wedding and fears that
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Gosh this was such a great escape from reality.

Review to come soon...
Corina
Feb 25, 2017 Corina rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was one of the most heart-warming and ROMANTIC books I’ve read in a long time!

What a beautiful and sweet story!

Claire needed a pretend boyfriend as her plus ONE to attend a wedding. Since she already told everyone who asked her about her tall and handsome boyfriend, all because she didn't want to sit on the singles table, she was in dire need of a boyfriend!! Good thing she came across a site called Hotties4Hire.com.

Theo, a drifter, bad boy, and just one gorgeous hunk of a man came to the r
Shayna
top pick

Melanie Harlow, what to say about If You Were Mine...I'm going to tell you right now that anything I say about this book will not be good enough. I won't do it justice but I will try my best. This book was absolute MAGIC! That's really all there is to it. It's PERFECTION, and I'm not the least bit surprised at that because EVERYTHING I've read from Ms. Harlow has brought me PURE JOY! There's such beauty and heart in every word she writes and it's so incredibly easy to get lost in her stories. I
Beneath The Covers Blog
Feb 23, 2017 Beneath The Covers Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kelly, arcs, 2017-reads
An emotionally gripping and passionately seductive love story that will leave you wanting more well after it ends!

Single. Something you don't want to be when attending a co-workers wedding. But that's the position Claire French is finding herself in. Wanting to avoid the dreaded singles table, Claire lets out the biggest lie she's ever come up with...having a boyfriend. And not just any boyfriend, but a Ryan Gosling look-a-like. But desperate times call for desperate measures. And after a hefty
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
review to come
Maria...
Feb 18, 2017 Maria... marked it as to-read
The blurb got me once again!

Well the cover too!

description

I'm a sucker for a good cover!
Karen Mc ~ *Bookalicious Babes Blog*
Oh. My. WOW! I need a piece of this new Melanie Harlow magic now!
Amy
Feb 20, 2017 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The loss of him cut deeper than it should have, because when he left, he took more than just himself. He took away hope. He took away possibility. He took away a piece of me that still believed in the fairy tale. There were only so many pieces of those left."

"This was me--the real, behind-the-curtains me. I bruised easily, felt things deeply, and cried when I was sad. I had no desire to hide that. If he wanted to let me in, he had to take all of me. And give me all of him."

"I wanted more. I wan
Lauren Luman
Feb 23, 2017 Lauren Luman rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

I lovelovelove broken heroes! To be flawed is human. Theo is the unlikely leading man, having a felony criminal record and the inability to stick around anywhere too long. Commitment and stability are unnecessary in his mind. They open a person up for a world of disappointing possibilities. But when he meets Claire, the walls he's erected around his heart and soul slowly crumble. The problem is, that foreign but enchanting feeling is beyond terrifying
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Feb 24, 2017 Christine (Shh Moms Reading) rated it really liked it
Full review to come
Feb 18, 2017 Laura rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author***

As you wish.

Any book with even a single reference to The Princess Bride is a winner as far as I am concerned. Add in the superb writing by Melanie Harlow, the emotions, the humor, the brilliant characters and people you like as much as you like Claire and Theo, and you get perfection.

Theo joins Levi from Some Sort of Love and Nick from Forked at the top of my favorites list of Harlow's Hot Heroes (I just made that up, but I think I am going with it). You just love
Kim
Feb 23, 2017 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
If You Were Mine is an incredibly beautiful and emotional love story. I was drawn in right from the start and didn't want it to end. The journey that Claire and Theo take is both heartbreaking and healing. The book is a stand alone, but it does include some characters and references from the author's previous books, Man Candy and After We Fall. Both are fantastic books that I definitely recommend, but they are not necessary to read prior to enjoying If You Were Mine.

I loved Claire and Theo, both
Timitra
Feb 19, 2017 Timitra rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading If You Were Mine. I loved that the author wrote it in such a way that the reader couldn't help but fall for Theo at same time Claire was also falling for him. I really loved that aspect of it.

I'm not going to lie and say Theo was easy to love because at times he wasn't. He was frustrating to the point that I wanted to shake him but he was also so very sweet and loveable.

I loved both Theo and Claire were such a great match for each other, I loved that they grow together
Heather
Feb 19, 2017 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**Advanced copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Melanie Harlow is one of my "go-to" authors and she definitely did not disappoint with If You Were Mine! I was so excited to get to Claire's story after reading Jaime and Margot's in Man Candy and After We Fall respectively.

Claire French is tired of not being in a relationship. When she's backed into a corner after a conversation about a co-worker's wedding where she claims to be bringing her boyfriend as her date, she has
Dena
Feb 22, 2017 Dena rated it it was amazing
Claire is in a bind and needs a date. Unfortunately she lied to a colleague about having a boyfriend so now she has to bring a Ryan Gosling look-a-like as her date to a wedding. Well one night with too much wine and a computer in front of her, she finds a Hottie she can rent to be her date. What she doesn't expect is for this hottie to show up and look nothing like Ryan Gosling...oops! Claire's hottie is Theo, AKA Fred!

Theo is irresistible and charming. He really notices Claire's insecurity and
Shannon
Feb 18, 2017 Shannon rated it it was amazing
"With you, I'm stonger. Braver. Better. With you, I know I'm safe. I can be who I am". Melanie Harlow continues to amaze me with her writing. She is a definite go to author for me at this point. She could write a grocery store list, and I would fall all over myself to read it. Her ability to develop characters who are deep and complex and above all else, REAL, is refreshing, and this book was another 5 Star read for me!

Theo is a caring, sensitive and charming guy who is so bogged down by his pas
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. She writes contemporary and historical romance from her home near Detroit, MI.
More about Melanie Harlow...