Start by marking “If You Were Mine” as Want to Read:

If You Were Mine

(After We Fall #3)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  7,509 Ratings  ·  926 Reviews
Theo MacLeod wasn’t supposed to be the one.

Tall, dark and handsome suits me just fine, but the cocky grin, know-it-all attitude, and mammoth ego? No thanks. I only hired him so I wouldn’t have to sit at the singles table again. It was just pretend.

He wasn’t supposed to kiss me.

My heart wasn’t supposed to pound.

We weren’t supposed to spend the night together—the hottest n
Published February 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about If You Were Mine, please sign up.
Terrie F was used 106 times in 1200 pages. (e-reader results). I just finished the book five minutes ago and wrote my review so it was easy to answer this.…moreF was used 106 times in 1200 pages. (e-reader results). I just finished the book five minutes ago and wrote my review so it was easy to answer this. It didn't bother me. Every time it was used it seemed to fit the mood or was funny. Story line was pretty good right from the start. You were going to like Claire. That's always a good thing. And she's semi-straightlaced and she's going to rent a date so she doesn't have to sit at the singles' table at the wedding. Pretty cute. There are some great sex scenes. Explicit and not icky. (for me). I gave it three stars, it could be four but something was missing for me. Glad I read it ..."shoulder shrug"... needed an easy book between a couple of serious reads. If you want a literary book, this is not it. If you want a light, easy sexy book, have at it!!! (less)

Karen
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best epilogue ever, ever.

Whenever I read a Melanie Harlow book I have an overwhelming desire to stalk handsome men on Instagram. It happened with Dima of course and the lovely Brandyn and who can forget Franggy? But Theo MacLeod, I had to find my own inspiration for him. And I found a good one, Yann Wellhauser - you can thank me later for the eye candy.

Aside from stalking handsome men, Melanie forces me to buy bras and knickers to match covers. I was saved from that particular buying spree but
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Le sighhhh Theo...I love a broken man more then I love pizza...and I LOVE pizza!!!!!
Theo is the prefect broken man...he plays the part very well...never stays in once place to long, never lets anyone to close, never connects with people.
Clair on the other had is the opposite of broken...she is put together, she has a home, people who love her (not a special someone...yet) a great job she loves, and she has her art.
When you read a story like this you think that fate must have been playing a reall
Karen Mc
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask, “What if I fall?” Oh but my darling, “What if you fly?” ~Erin Hanson

Tears are streaming down my face, as I just finished If You Were Mine. JUST WOW!!! I’m a little lost for words after one of the most amazing endings to a fairy tale that I wished went on forever. I’m still BREATHLESS. For once, words are hard to find for this love story, but I will try to write my heart out as Melanie Harlow wrote her heart out in this bea
Shayna
top pick

Melanie Harlow, what to say about If You Were Mine...I'm going to tell you right now that anything I say about this book will not be good enough. I won't do it justice but I will try my best. This book was absolute MAGIC! That's really all there is to it. It's PERFECTION, and I'm not the least bit surprised at that because EVERYTHING I've read from Ms. Harlow has brought me PURE JOY! There's such beauty and heart in every word she writes and it's so incredibly easy to get lost in her stories. I
Amber Sanchez
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this title.* FAIRY TALES DO EXIST! "If You Were Mine" is a modern day fairy tale told in the most delicious way possible. A story of a woman left feeling like everyone around her was worthy of love except for her. Every chance she had been given at having a relationship fell flat; and weighed on her hope of HER chance ever coming to fruition. Claire is my ultimate heroine. Always kindhearted and holding out hope for the best possible conclusion. Claire is ...more
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦

4 Stars!!

Melanie Harlow brings you a sweet and sexy read that will warm your heart. I’m a big fan of this author, so trust me when I say, that she never disappoints. Her stories are always entertaining and put a smile on my face, her characters are always endearing and relatable and the romance between those characters is always lovely. 'If You Were Mine' is a fantastic blend of sweetness, sexiness and humor. From start to finish, I found this one to be super enjoyable, so if you, like me, are a

Martha Boss
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is delicious. Nothing compares to the way Melanie Harlow writes her characters.
Theo and Claire have a real life romance for the ages. He is the second male character I have read by Harlow that has such disdain for himself I shed a tear for him. "I don't deserve you, but if you were mine, I'd spend every last damn day of my life trying." But knowing I would get my HEA I had high hope he would come around and give Claire the lover she deserved. Although this was a standalone I got to vi
Dena
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Claire is in a bind and needs a date. Unfortunately she lied to a colleague about having a boyfriend so now she has to bring a Ryan Gosling look-a-like as her date to a wedding. Well one night with too much wine and a computer in front of her, she finds a Hottie she can rent to be her date. What she doesn't expect is for this hottie to show up and look nothing like Ryan Gosling...oops! Claire's hottie is Theo, AKA Fred!

Theo is irresistible and charming. He really notices Claire's insecurity and
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Harlow has been one of my most favorite authors for awhile now. I've read almost all of her books and a good majority of them have been complete winners for me. She knows how to write the sweetest romance and always layers the sex and laughs with a heartfelt message. She's consistent. I know what I'm going to get with her. And I love reading her stories.

If You Were Mine was her BEST work to date. Theo and Claire are such a breath of fresh air. This story is beautiful. It's about letting
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
AWW!!! This book is FUN, SEXY, and LIGHT-HEARTED, but also has DEEP FEELS!!! The hero is a tortured Alpha with a painful past. The heroine is tired of being judged for being single and tells her friend she's bringing a date to her wedding when, in fact, she doesn't have one. So she hires the hero to act as her pretend boyfriend . It was supposed to be just one night. No emotions, just business. But they both felt drawn to each other and what started as a fake relationship turned into something r ...more
Christy
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!

photo 18446805_10103795336352398_703305883929411377_n_zpsx8xm5tgr.jpg

If You Were Mine is a random audio book I picked up to listen to. It wasn’t on my radar, but audible suggested it and I remembered reading this author a while ago, so I grabbed it. Plus- I loved the cover! Listening to this was such a pleasant surprise! I finished the audio rather quickly because I didn’t want to stop listening, and that is always a great sign when listening to an audio book.

Claire is a teacher and she’s perpetually single. She’s going to a wedding, and if she has
*****3.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

On one level, I’d known why he was here, but on another, I’d felt real chemistry with him. A real attraction. I’d started to hope for more.

photo If you were mine teaser 3_zpsllpg2rnu.jpg

IF YOU WERE MINE is the story of Claire French, a sweet and hopeless romantic woman who is perpetually single. Her two best friends have recently found their soul mates which leaves her feeling somewhat sad and dysfunctional because she has yet to meet a man who is worthy of giving her heart to. She spend
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
*****5 Stars*****

description

Melanie Harlow has delivered another great read which I devoured without any trouble at all. I absolutely loved ‘If You Were Mine,’ it was fun, sexy and completely melted my heart. While there were some really hilarious laugh-out-loud moments, there were also some really intense deep moments and the comb
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Melanie Harlow Fans, Romance
4.5 Real People, Real Fears, Real Love Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
There is a reason Melanie Harlow is a must read for me. She brings humor, incredibly sexy times and huge heart to every story she tells. Yet what I love the most about her books is the possibility of actual people would have to juggle with these situations. Yes, sometimes the characters may be in perfect careers or live in exotic locals, like France....But overall, the themes of her books are presented so that all of us can rel
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Finally getting to all of Melanie Harlow's stuff. Awesome stuff, indeed.

This book has already been reviewed twice by our blog HERE!
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Elementary art teacher Claire French needs a date for her co-workers wedding. After countless weddings sitting at the singles table and being on the receiving end of sympathetic looks, she’s done. And so when her co-worker asks her if she’s coming alone (again), she lies and tells her she’s finally bringing a plus one; this time in the form of a Ryan Gosling look-a-like who’s a rock star in bed.

Word spreads in the faculty room about her phantom boyfriend, and
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Free ❤ https://www.amazon.com/You-Were-Mine-...

5 BEAUTIFUL stars <33

If You Were Mine is a beautiful, powerful, sweet, romantic, hot and emotional story. I'm still thinking about the characters and the way Theo and Claire met!

description

"She was exactly the salve I'd hoped she would be-the moment I crushed my lips to hers, I felt the conflict in my body resolve."

I loved everything about Theo and Claire! They had funny, sweet and super hot moments. The attraction between them was so obvious from the fir
Melanie Harlow
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
★★★ IF YOU WERE MINE is now AVAILABLE!!★★★
Paperback ➜ http://amzn.to/2lOEYVK

My heart w
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

Tall, dark, and handsome was fine, but Theo was the kind of guy who thought he knew everything, and furthermore, he was going to enlighten you on it, whether you asked him to or not. I liked his smile, but not his smirk.

Melanie Harlow never disappoints. With a perfect blend of angst and humor, If You Were Mine hit all the right spots for me. A delicious blend of swoony and sexy, it was everything I've come to expect from this super talented author.

Theo MacLeod.

*shivers*

This. Man.

*shiv
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Free on Amazon as of Oct 4th 2017!

4.5 SNOW ANGEL STARS

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Claire is tired of sitting at the singles table at weddings. So what's a girl to do when she is invited to another wedding? She lies through her teeth and tells her friend that she has a boyfriend who will be her plus one. In her despair a tipsy Claire browses the internet for a date to hire. She books a guy and expects more Ryan Reynolds than Keanu Reeves but dark and tall is what she gets. This guy, Theo, i
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*

Melanie Harlow BROUGHT IT with this book!  My love for her words cannot grow any stronger.  If You Were Mine is perfection!  It has heart, real emotional issues, personal struggles, and a brilliant cast of characters.  It’s a perfect concoction of all the fabulous ingredients I love in romance.  Plus, I laughed my ass, not literally….unfortunately.

“We’re all a little broken, aren’t we.”

Here’s what I absolutely loved:  Pretty much everything, but the writing was key.  The emotional bond I devel
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pu5 by sb_zpspawk8dkp.gif

📚 📌 FREE on Amazon US today (10/3/2017) 📌 📚

Stand-alone.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/You-Were-Mine-...
BLURB:
He wasn’t supposed to kiss me.
My heart wasn’t supposed to pound.
We weren’t supposed to spend the night together—the hottest night of my life.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“What did it mean to love someone? What kind of power did that give someone over you? What kinds of ways could loving someone come back to haunt you.”

Claire is sick of always being at the singles table at her friends weddings. In a moment of desperation, she hires a date for her colleagues wedding. Theo is not what Claire imagined him to be, he is more attractive and charming than she presumed. What Theo and Claire both didn’t expect is the strength of the attraction between them.
Roxie~Schmexy Girl Book Blog
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Melanie Harlow is a pretty new to us author. When we read the synopsis for If You Were Mine, we knew we had to read it. And we were not disappointed. Melanie gave us the perfect blend of swoony and steamy with a dash of angst. Add her signature humor and wit and you’ve got yourself a winner.

Claire is a teacher, hoping to find the perfect man eventually to share her life with. But for right now all she needs is a date to avoid the dreaded singles table at her friend’s wedding. What’s a
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This book started off funny, sexy, and exciting. The hero ran entirely TOO many times and the heroine LOST her sense of humor and just felt different to me. As a whole, this was made for an okay read for me.
Gio
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Curiano Quotes Life - Quote, Love Quotes, Life Quotes, Live Life Quote, and Letting Go Quotes. Visit this blog now Curiano.com:

The Hero Runs
The Heroine Whines
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
➳Theo... Theodore... Theo MacLeod... YES YES... and of course... YUM YUM YUUUMMM!

YESS MY BABY THEO IS THE INSPIRATION FOR THIS BOOK (for me at least)!

➳Order Links:
AmazoniBooksNook

➳Follow CristiinaReads On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Jiana
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Buddy read with Cait!

This book started off great. It was hilarious and I was overly enjoying Claire's narration. Then, Theo showed up and I admit I instantly fell for him. After that, around the 45-50% mark, I started losing interest. I don't know why, but things started getting boring and I didn't see enough depth and chemistry in their relationship as much as I'd hoped.

Claire's a wonderful heroine. She wasn't annoying and she was actually adorable. As for Theo, like I said, I fell for
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo d49a4be6a42507a44eac0b52ac55d4_zps31txyzu4.gif

Melanie Harlow you have truly outdone yourself once again. This right here is why I LOVE reading your books. If You Were Mine has officially earned a place on my 2017 list of favorite top reads. I honestly don’t know where to begin my review because I can’t stop smiling because Theo and Claire’s story was just another reminder that modern day fairy tales do exist. There doesn’t have to be Prince Charming or a shiny white castle but two ordi
Wil Loves Books!
“Theo was nothing like the prince I’d thought I wanted, but he was everything I needed, now and ever after.”

This was overall super sweet and super cute. When it comes to Melanie Harlow you know you’ll always get a great well written story. Her books are always sexy, sweet and funny. She’s definitely one author I always look forward to.

If You Were Mine is the last of the interconnected standalones that started with Man Candy (Jamie and Quinn) and continued with After We Fall (Margot and Jack).
Melanie Harlow likes her martinis dry, her heels high, and her history with the naughty bits left in. She writes contemporary and historical romance from her home near Detroit, MI.

After We Fall (4 books)
  • Man Candy
  • After We Fall
  • From This Moment (After We Fall, #4)
“I’ve made a thousand mistakes in my life, and I might make a thousand more, but walking away from you won’t be one of them. I don’t deserve you, but if you were mine, I’d spend every last damn day of my life trying.” 6 likes
“I talked myself out of so many things because I looked at them as opportunities to fail, not as opportunities to succeed. I was so afraid to fall that I never let myself fly.” 6 likes