Start by marking “Who Needs Air” as Want to Read:
Who Needs Air

Who Needs Air

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  214 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
They fell in love at thirteen.
He wrote a book about it at twenty.
She watched him walk away at twenty-three.
And he made the New York Times Best Sellers list at twenty-four.

Campbell ‘Cam’ Potter stood idly by as August Wyatt took over the world one word at a time. Chapter by chapter, people fell in love with the story he created – the events she lived. And now the book wa

To ask other readers questions about Who Needs Air, please sign up.

Cassie Graham Hi there, Pam! It releases this Friday, the 28th on Amazon, and it's free on Kindle Unlimited. <3 Thank you so much!

Raj
Apr 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
**********Spoiler Alert**********
"He turns away for the door and places his hand on the door knob. “I’ll see you at the wedding.”

You’re cordially invited to the marriage of Tomi Laurel Hallan and August Eugene Wyatt on June seventeenth at eighteen hundred hours.

“No,” he says. “I have to. I’d marry you today if I could. She might have my hand, but Tomi will never have my heart.”

Anguish surges through my heart. What an awful life he’ll have to live – what an unbearable truth I’m burdened with."

I w
Paige
2 Stars

Who Needs Air is a second chance romance that just didn't meet my expectations. The beginning started off with a bang. The introduction had my heart pounding. August left and we aren't yet privy to exactly why but it was heartbreaking. Then as Cam's story picked up in the present 5 years later, she has to accept the fact that August is coming back to town after a five year absence because his best selling novel based on their relationship is being made into a movie and filming there. The
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Who Needs Air by Cassie Graham
3 stars!!!

“Maybe the chapter is over, but our story isn’t done.”

I was head over heels in love with this book until the last 25% and then for me it all got a little stupid, predictable and blinkin’ annoying and this was incredibly frustrating. Up until the part that shall not be named I had been rapt from the first word, a stunning story that had tugged at my heart strings and was holding me emotionally captive page after page. I love a second chance romance and
Tiffany Readz
3.5 Stars-It's the Ending....

What an insane turn of events for me while reading this book! I'm going to have to say, I've never gone from a five star to a three and a half like I did this time around. Up until the seventy percent mark, I was all in. Loving the characters, as well as the storyline and then it went to hell in a handbasket just that fast. I'm talking head spinning fast.

"It's useless without her. I'm hopeless without my air."

Aw he is a storyteller through and through. August and Bel
Brina (5171MilesBooks)
4 Stars

Read full review here: https://5171milesbookblog.wordpress.com/

How often have you read a book that made you genuinely happy? And I don't mean a re-read of your favorite book, because, well, it is obvious that it makes you happy. I mean a new book. One that you were a little skeptic about at first because the blurb sounded too good to be true. A new book with a great plot, a little drama and the perfect ending. I've read a bunch of books so far this year, but only a few made me feel this w
Shannon Moore
Apr 27, 2017 added it
Shelves: arc
Review to come...

*An ARC was received in exchange for n honest review. Trust me, it'll be honest.
Talon
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I feel like the biggest cheese ball in the world for admitting that I liked this book but I have zero shame. I couldn’t put the damn thing down. Between the cover, the writing, and the dialogue I was officially hooked.

“He’s water and I’m air. So different, yet neither of us can live without the other. We’re deadly, but we’re also life-giving. I’ll drown in him if I allow myself and he might not survive without me.”

Graham’s writing in Who Needs Air was eloquent and full of personality that flowe
DG Book Blog - Daisy Gal
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been looking for more unique storylines in my reading lately, so I was really intrigued when I came across this synopsis featuring a young author finding stardom from a book he wrote about his teenage love and their possibility of being reunited years later. Although I haven't read Cassie Graham's writing before, my curiosity was definitely peaked, so I just had to snatch up this second chance romance. 'Who Needs Air' was such a refreshing read, and August and Cam's passionate journey was i ...more
Helen-Marie Rivera
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
thank you, Cassie, for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Where do I begin with this book? A book about a book that is a love letter to the love of his life?! Please August, I'm your Belle. Come sweep me off of my feet handsome. This book had me swooning over and over again. The love story of August and Belle was not only beautiful, it was tragic and it felt real. It broke me. It literally shattered me to pieces but it healed me.

The way Cassie Graham wrote this love stor
Colleen Oppenheim
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book to review on a whim. I thought the cover was so pretty that I did not even read the synopsis. What I found in the pages was an absolute gem of a story. I love my angst, and Who Needs Air provided it to me plus more.

Cassie Graham has written a story of friendship and long lost love. I was hooked from page one and did not put the book down until I was finished. Yep, I devoured it in one sitting. August and Campbell's story was heartbreaking, heart stopping, heart wrenching, and
Joy Novel Thoughts
"He's water and I'm air. So different, yet neither of us can live without the other. ... I'll drown in him if I allow myself and he might not survive without me."

I never wanted to finish this story, although I wanted to know how it all ended. This story was so well thought out, and exceptionally written. This is one of the books you read it as slowly as possible so that you are able to savor each written word.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed this book, the characters are so well
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-5-star, 2017
*breathes in a deep breath*

HOLY COW. Wow.

This book. ALL THE EFFING FEELS. ALL. OF THEM.

The prologue totally sucked me in and it never stopped. Every word was carefully crafted, all the emotions were clearly thought out, the drama was realistic for the situation.

I'm just sitting here completely speechless about this story. It really hit me hard and I'm honestly having the WORST time finding the right words for this review.

This story is beautiful. It's heart-wrenching. It's maddening (in the
Kaye
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Heart-warming story!

This second chance story will definitely tug at all your heart strings. We get to witness how true love conquers all, that even if you've moved on, true love will prevail. I was overwhelmed by Campbell's demeanor over August's actions. That's love! Expect tears, heartaches and most of all, expect love!

I was provided a copy for review purposes.
Megan Green
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Such a lovely story. Beautiful writing, poetic prose... just absolutely wonderful. You don't want to miss out on this book!
Ashley
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
to say i loved his book would be an understatement. i loved the fact that the male lead in this story was an author and that we got not only his past but his present. August was seriously one of my fave males i've read this year. Cam was basically ME. her character was really a lot of women.

this was a wonderful book and i seriously suggest everyone get themselves a little August and Cam!
Marlena Bell
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an arc of this book and I’m going to have a very hard time expressing my love for it in just a few sentences! Here’s my best shot at it:
-The first thing that grabbed my attention were the chapter titles. They made me laugh out loud and wonder how in the world they would connect to the chapters.
-From the very beginning, this book was hard to put down. I ended up staying up WAY too late the night I started because my heart NEEDED to read Cam and August’s first meet up.
Megan | A Page to Turn
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
Who Needs Air by Cassie Graham has everything I love about contemporary books wrapped up in a beautiful little rectangle of artistry. This book is by far her best yet - she's just getting started y'all. She's one to watch out for!

My favorite things about Cassie's books are the relatable characters! I may not always like the character, but I can usually find a way to relate to them or at least understand why they do the things they do. WNA was no different, August and Cam are #relationshipgoals.
Stephanie
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Who Needs Air made me need air! This book gutted me. This was my first read by Cassie Graham and I really enjoyed it. The writing was fluid and very strong. Cassie has a way with words and she was able to immediately suck me in with her writing. Her words flowed smoothly and the way she conveyed emotion was as if I was living the book. I felt it in my soul.

Who Needs Air is the story of August and Cam. Their story started years ago but was left unfinished. August wrote a best selling novel about
Bme311
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very unique love story unlike any other. In this story you get to fall in love with Cam and August and learn about their love story, struggles, strengths and ultimately their bond that they share.
Cassie's writing captivated me and sucked me in from the very first chapter. The book itself goes back and forth between present day and the past ( as told in the form of the book that August wrote about them). I mean gosh come on, you are reading a romance book about a guy who wrote a romance
Tera
3.75 Stars

I picked a winner for my first Cassie Graham book. I know I only rated this story 3.75, but let me say it has absolutely NOTHING to do with her writing because the words in this book truly are beautiful.

"He sets me ablaze. Before I was a dull flicker, waiting to be lit, but his touch, it sparks a wildfire inside me, raging an inferno I can't extinguish."

Cassie's writing is often poetic in this story, and I truly do love when author's have such beautiful words. With that being said, le
Sandra Rivas
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who Needs Air? Cassie’s readers do because they will be holding their breath from the first word until the last. Cassie Graham gets better and better with every book she writes. I didn’t know what to expect when I began reading this story but she grabbed my attention the moment I opened it up to the first page.

August and Campbell were so much fun to read. I found myself connecting with them and appreciating the journey of their love story through every heart break and every celebratory moment.
Dots Deets
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Recommend: yes
Standalone
Release date: April 28, 2017
Triggers: none
Read time: 2 days
I honestly would have given it a 5 out of 5 if it wasn't a little predictable. And Cassie Graham literally ended the book with "And they lived happily ever after." Maybe not literally, but those words were placed in there in some capacity. I cringed. I hate that. Someone else may love it. But not this book nerd. That is a little harsh, forgive me, but yeah. I also felt that it ended a litt
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Loves Books Blog

I have no idea how to put the words together about how much I loved this book. Every once in awhile you come across a book that you don't want to end. One that you take days to read because you want to remember every word you have read. This was that book for me..I can't express how much I loved Cam and August. I connected with Cam more than August. I have felt her heart ache a few times in my life. She was such a stronger written character. My h
Konny
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who Needs Air by Cassie Graham is a full-length stand-alone romance novel.

Meet August Wyatt, a successful author and Campbell - Cam - Potter.
Both have a common past. They had a great love, but he left her and wrote a bokk about their lovestory. A book that became a bestseller.
Fast forward and 5 years later. Cam loves her life, she works at a museum and has a boyfriend but she cant let go of her love to August.
And now hes back. What does that mean for Cam and their relationship?

I loved reading ab
Cassie Graham
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
✭ ✩ Releases April 28th! ✭ ✩

✩ GOODREADS EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT ✩

Bringing my body into his with a tug, he squeezes my shoulders. Only, this hug feels different. It doesn’t feel like all the other ones we’ve shared since he came back into town. I’m baffled at first, my arms locked around his torso. He doesn’t let me free and I think he may need this. I think he might need me. He sighs, his face falling into the crook of my neck and I finally understand why it’s so different. I don’t know why it took m
Kim Ginsberg
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book broke me, then put me back together. Cam and August's story is so true that it could happen to anybody. They met at 12 and 13, became the IT couple in high school, and broke up when he left for New York with a publishing deal. It's been 5 years since he left. But now he's back in his hometown in Georgia, turning his book into a movie. What happens when they meet up again all these years later? Find out in this awesome read!!!
Lesa from Love Notes For Authors
ARC given to Love Notes For Authors blog for honest review

Now that I finished this I don't need air I need August.

Cassie pulls you in and clutches onto your heart. Then she blindsides you by shattering it before taping it back together.

Words can not even describe how much I enjoyed this novel. I even loved the camo she did of 2 characters from previous books. Made it come so much more to life.
Tiffany
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where do I begin... I received an arc from the author in exchange for an honest review. I absolutely loved Who Needs Air. Cam is a very relatable character, she's been hurt in the past and when the past comes back she has to decide if things are worth repeating. August is everything you could want in a man but can he overcome the obstacles life throws into the mix and get his happy ending?
Christina Del Moral (Garcia Sisters' Book Blog)
Cam (Belle) and August are reconnected after years of separation. Even with being apart their connection is so strong it was like they were never part. They definitely have many obstacles they need to get over. This story will make you go through a roller coaster of emotions. A great read and highly recommend it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
A Moscato aficionado, and chocolate mistress, Cassie Graham is a born and raised Arizona girl. Her sass knows no bounds and almost always has something kind to say, no matter the situation. She runs a platform of love and strives to bring those attributes out in every book she writes.

Cassie studied English and literature in college and has an intense love for fairytales. Go figure. Though she lov
More about Cassie Graham

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All We Knew (The Cabots, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seek Me with All Your Heart (Land of Canaan, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Schemer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City Book 3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)