Start by marking “A Really Bad Idea” as Want to Read:
A Really Bad Idea

A Really Bad Idea

Everyone has a best friend. Mine just happens to be Dr. Christian Gallagher— the gorgeous, green-eyed heart surgeon who wants to have a baby with me.

Yes, you read that correctly.

When my mother approached me on my thirty-third birthday with a brochure for egg freezing, it was a glaring reminder that my biological clock is ticking toward its expiration date. I’ve always drea
Published May 14th 2019 (first published May 2nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about A Really Bad Idea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Really Bad Idea

Start your review of A Really Bad Idea
Carrie Aarons
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the perfect friends to lovers romance! I stayed up until midnight finishing it, Meadow and Christian are just such compelling and addicting characters. Jeannine paints the perfect backdrop setting, centered around Manhattan and the wishing fountain in Central Park. The city is almost a character in itself, aiding these two to quit their foolish denial and fall in love already!

Humorous, romantic, enchanting and chock full of so much quality banter and dialogue, A Really Bad Idea left
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can I give this more than five stars?? ❤️
I am so full of love and joy and utter happiness after reading this amazing story. Every once in awhile, a book comes along that knocks me off my feet and brings me an immense amount of happiness that I wasn’t aware I was missing.
This, my friends, was that book. Jeannine is a new to me author, who I actually found out about by meeting her at a local author signing event, and I’m SO glad that our paths crossed! Jeannine, you are one of my new favorite aut
Robin Hill
By the end of the first chapter, I knew Ms. Colette had a winner on her hands. The heroine is strong yet vulnerable, and the hero—whose name (Dr. Christian Gallagher) is as delicious as his description—is swoony as hell. Colette’s Wild Abandon is one of my all-time favorites, and this one just might top it. It’s sweet, funny, sexy, friends-to-lovers perfection that delivers the feels (see what I did there? 😂)!

And yeah...*cough*...how hot is my Christian??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Stephanie Rose
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romance perfection! From the time you meet Christian and Meadow, their love for each other bursts off of the page I loved every second of their journey to finally open their eyes and take what they've always wanted but didn't because of fear. I devoured this beautifully written book and am so sad it's over. It's one of the best friends to lovers stories you'll ever read.
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

❝Look down, and you reveal your fears. Look up, and you overthink your obstacles m. The trick is to look forward.❞

I enjoyed and loved Christian and Meadow’s sweet tale. From the time you meet them, you know they love each other—but, of course, they are blindsided by their friendship and the consequences of giving in to their feelings. But when Meadow decided to have a baby, Christian realizes it's time to stop playing the friend card and be the man she needs, but that’s when things get a lit
2OCC Reviews
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
I am a big fan of friends to lovers read and this would have to be one of the tops reads of this type of romance. I could feel the love and romance coming of the page with every page that i read of this story. The storyline had me absolutely enchanted throughout the story. I loved the combination of romance, laughter and hot swoony moments throughout the story.

I really loved Meadow and the strength that she had. I really felt for her with the way that she thought she would be married with kids
United Indie Book Blog
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this book!

This book is well written and easy to get into. Much of it is about not seeing what is right in front of you. Meadow and Christian grew up together as friends. The timing was just not right when they each noticed their feelings were changing. I like that they were able to support each other when they went through bad times. They had to realize that they loved each other as more than friends.

I like Meadow's relationship with her Mom. They are able to talk about diffic
Jen
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Doctor! Oh, doctor! I’m burning up. I think I’m coming down with something. Shall I take my pants off because I need a physical?”

Yes, yes, yes!! New #BookBoyfriendAlert!! Dr. Christian Gallagher, I’m having heart palpitations . . . hurry and rescue me!!

All joking aside, Jeannine Colette’s latest novel, A Really Bad Idea, was absolute perfection. Having just finished a few moments ago, my heart is full of love for her words and these characters.

Hands down one of the best friends-to-lovers roman
Jean
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Friends to Lovers done at it's best!!!

Christian and Meadow.....what a great friendship they have forged over many, many years. Christian becomes one of the best heart surgeons in the country, while Meadow is a nurse for him and his father in their practice. (Side note, I totally loved Christian's father Thomas!).

It was clear to me from the beginning that Christian's feelings for Meadow ran deeper than friendship. And he just made me swoon! He would be the perfect friend, lover, and/or husb
Pam
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow and *le-sigh*!!! It has been too long since I've read a Jeannine Colette book and now I'm thinking WTH is wrong with me?!
She can make me swoon and sigh and MELT like nobody else!
What an absolutely fantastic story and the characters; Oh!MY!GOD!! Dr. Christian Gallagher - be still my heart. What a guy; I LOVE him, I love his family and I adore Meadow (I also love that name!).
I highly recommend this story that will have you experiencing all the feels - ALL the feels!
I wish I was a "Really Ba
Jen
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes! Yes! Yes! I’m loving this author and her writing! The having a baby with your best friend trope is one that I can’t turn down and I was not disappointed. Once again this author’s words tugged at my heartstrings, but left me with a big smile on my face.
konstantina  avouri
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm once again saying that best friends to lovers is the best trope and you guys can quote me on that
Antonella
oooh this book is cuteness overload...

[image error]

maybe it is my black, cynic & realistic heart..but come on...
I had to extend my beliefs for this one and which my sugar levels...damn this is cute as a shit story where everything is so so right..

or maybe I am really not into friends to lovers books...

who knows...
enjoyed it just fine...
Lauren Runow
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Jeannine’s writing years ago and she never disappoints. Her books always leave me feeling gleeful and optimistic. A REALLY BAD IDEA has become one of my favorites. Christian was so swoon worthy the way he was always there for Meadow. He was more than a best friend in this friends to lovers romance, he stepped up as her man years ago and patiently waited for his turn. Gah, every girl should have a Christian in their life waiting to catch them if they fall. I HIGHLY recommend t ...more
Na
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting, entertaining and uncoventional friends to lovers story that will brighten your day.
Michele
All the rest can step aside...Dr. Christian Gallagher is officially my new book boyfriend. *sigh*

Oh yes, I definitely like Meadow too. She is a wonderful heroine that I instantly can relate to. She's been career driven and is hearing the very loud tick tock of her biological clock. One thing leads to another and her best friend, one very swoony Dr. Christian Gallagher offers to help her out with having a baby...the old-fashioned way. (Please someone pick me up off of the floor because I may have
Aly is so frigging bored
I would have given it 5* (it's 4.5* for now) but the author has a weird writing style... She makes some word choices that boggle the mind. Unfortunately I haven't written any of them down...
flavia
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

PLEASE READ THIS BOOK... the cover and title don't make it justice like AT ALL. softest people on planet earth 💗💖💗💖
diann bryan
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you had a choice to have a baby with your Best Friend, what would you do?
Meadow thought she had everything figured out in that department, but when her Best Friend is the son of her boss and The Hottest Heart Doctor in all of history of Romance books. ( Christian ❤️)
Well obviously she missed out on the importance of making wishes in fountains and that she wasn’t the only one with a wish.
This is another Fun story filled with wonderful characters and steamy scenes!
Never give up a chance to r
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
A Really Bad Idea by Jeannine Collette was a really great story. It's a best friends to lovers story, but with an interesting twist. The lovers part only gets introduced because they decide to make a baby together.

There were so many great elements in this story. I loved the close-knit family feel. I loved that both the main characters were so likable. But if I'm honest, Dr. Gallegher is totally swoon worthy. He's smart, loyal, family oriented, and of course being a doctor doesn't hurt.

I found m
Danielle Robbins
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Really Bad Idea was a great read. I loved it. I loved Christian and Meadow. I loved their friendship. They had amazing chemistry and were perfect together!
m
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
i think we can all agree that childhood best friends to lovers with unrequited love, separations, and a marriage to another person
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Could not have loved this book more. Such a fabulous, romantic, sexy read.
Meadow has just had a birthday and has decided to freeze her eggs. She’s in her 30s and single.
Best friend Christian isn’t having it!
A meddlesome mother, and hilarious sister in law make this novel such a fun read!

5/5 from me! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Jenn_COBB - Collector of Book Boyfriends
ARC-V8

Hands down the BEST best-friends to lovers story that I’ve read!
Jeannine Colette made something classically beautiful and enchanting.

Stayed up all night reading this marvelous book and every second of it was well worth it.
This book has everything to satisfy a reader, great story, captivating characters that keep pulling you in deeper and deeper by each page.

The gorgeous and sexy doctor Christian Gallagher (God even his name sound intoxicating) has so much more to offer than his good looks.
Thuy Taylor
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is fantastic! Christian is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Sooooooo swoonworthy. These two were P.E.R.F.E.C.T. for each other. I absolutely loved everything in this book. I am a total sucker for best friends to lovers stories and this got extra points for being childhood friends to lovers. Go grab this book if you love swoony best friend who would do anything for his best friend to be happy. LOVE!
jordane
“I don’t just love you. I live for you. I’m not saying it because you said it first. I’m telling you, I fell in love with you on a walk home from your school play. I fell harder during car rides and late-night talks. I found my soul mate over two decades of friendship. You’re the only woman I have ever and will ever love. I lost you once, and I will never lose you again. That’s why I’m not asking; I’m telling you. Marry me. Be my wife, the mother of my children, my soul mate, my whole heart,
Phuong ✯
This is a typical case of "it's not you, it's me".

I can't tell you many bad things about this book cause it's actually not bad. The only negative thing I can say is that I didn't like Meadow's brother Brian and her ex husband Brook. The rest of the characters, especially Christian and Meadow are pretty likable.
BUT here is my big but..childhood best friends turned lovers is just one if not the most boring trope for me. They know each other for YEARS, date other people. Meadow was even married t
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Meadow Duvane is starting to hear the ticking of her biological clock. When she looks into freezing her eggs, her best friend, heart surgeon Christian Gallagher comes up with a better idea. Let’s have a baby together.... what could possibly go wrong????

“You don’t have baggage.”
I stop what I’m doing to swivel toward her, lower my forehead, and give her a deadpan look. “I can load an airplane with the amount of bags I have packed.”

This story has a super fun premise that could easily turn predict
Cathy
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-kindle
4.5 Stars

This was one I was really looking forward to reading. I love a friends to lovers story and this one was appealing with the trying for a baby angle. Christian was everything you could want in a man, gallant, warm, generous, smart, funny and a great friend. Meadow is independent and sassy. I loved their chemistry as he started to woo her. I loved Meadow's sister in law and her mother, a really funny and sweet read.
Joanne Ragona
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

My first book of the New Year and I loved it! Dr. Christian Gallagher is total SWOON. Loved the story, the premise, the characters...and especially the good doctor. 😉

I was also very drawn to the relationship of Meadow and her mom as it really hit home for me in many ways. This story is heart warming and sweet and was the perfect way to start off my new reading year.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Bryce (Sexton Brothers, #2)
  • Tanner
  • Loner
  • Faking It with the Frenemy
  • Austin (Sexton Brothers, #1)
  • Nobody but You
  • Our Song
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
  • Boss in the Bedsheets
  • The Change Up
  • Unexpected Heat: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Dear Future Ex-wife
  • The Proposal (SWANK, #1)
  • Well Suited (Red Lipstick Coalition, #4)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals, #4)
  • Tell Me To Stay
  • Million Dollar Marriage (Million Dollar, #2)
When I was little, my mom was part of the Double Day book club. She had piles and piles of books lying around the house; most of them with Fabio-esque men and a scantily clad woman set in a different century. I made up stories in my head just from looking at the covers.

When I as 9, I wrote stories using my best friend as a muse. They were romances...but for the 9-year-old. She was the only one wh