Start by marking “In Her Defense (Wright's Island Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
In Her Defense (Wright's Island Series Book 2)

In Her Defense (Wright's Island Series Book 2)

When her new client is murdered after handing her new evidence that could acquit him, lawyer Danielle Mckeen is determined to find out why.

A miscarriage and the collapse of his marriage to Danielle years before has left Jack Walsh reeling and slow to trust. But with a protective streak tattooed on his soul, he can’t refuse Danielle’s cry for help.

While in possession of t
Published December 7th 2016 by Soul Mate Publishing, LLC

Joshua Blunt
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Long winded

While I like that the main characters have a lot of history together I felt the backstory was a little overdone. The book seemed to take forever to unfold and there are moments when Dan I and Jack seems so morose and frustratingly sappy. Don't get me wrong, I think Vicki Tharp is an excellent writer. The word usage and thoughtful way she constructed each sentence was evident throughout. I just personally would have liked a little more action and love scenes interwoven with the plot.
Cyrene Olson
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Danielle gets a case to defend a man accused of murder. The case does not go to plan as he is murdered in jail. Danielle finds herself on the run to keep her family safe. This was a okay read the only thing I didn’t like was you knew who the bad people were in the book straight away. Even though the book was mainly about Danielle and her ex husband, I did hope for a few twists in the plot. Maybe I will find a different book by this author I like more next time. Reviewed by Jennifer
Joni Fisher
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Vicki Tharp delivers smooth prose and fast-paced suspenseful story packed with an adrenaline-rush of crime, secrets, passion, and intrigue. In Her Defense begins when Attorney Danielle McKean returns to Charleston to appeal the murder conviction of an architect. Returning to Charleston creates emotional turmoil for Danielle. She knows she will have to face her ex Jack Walsh. She doesn't want to rehash their past.

Jack Walsh never fully understood why they broke up. Danielle had told him she didn'
Kathy Tidwell
added it
Dec 20, 2017
Ilene Harris
Jan 09, 2018
Vicki Tharp makes her home on small acreage in south Texas with her husband and an embarrassing number of pets. When she isn’t writing or you can usually find her on the back of her horse—avoiding anything that remotely resembles housework—smelling of fly spray, and horse sweat.