Start by marking “Souls of This Broken City (The Necklace Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Souls of This Broken City (The Necklace Series Book 1)

Souls of This Broken City (The Necklace #1)

REVIEWS
"I found it extremely difficult to put this book down. I couldn't get enough of Chase and souls. I also loved that so many of today's issues were addressed and future events were foretold. I just LOVED LOVED LOVED and can't wait for the follow up." -Nati Best

"This book is amazing! I could not put it down! The bond of friends and family is very relatable and the
Published December 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Souls of This Broken City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Souls of This Broken City

Deliaria Davis
Dec 11, 2016 Deliaria Davis rated it it was amazing
We start this book on a journey, being sent into a new journey of discovery. Trying to remember who someone is and why they are. Who we are and why we are. Where we are and why we must be there. Because it is our job to be there. To be us. To be the who, the what, the why. To be the how. And to be the one who everyone loathes, and loves at the same time.

We get brought to the light, and thrown to the darkness. Only to have our breath ripped from our lungs and shoved back in again. On this roller
Mytimeoutbookblog
Dec 14, 2016 Mytimeoutbookblog rated it really liked it
Shelves: susan
Susan Reviewed on behalf of Mytimeoutbookblog

I give Souls of this Broken City (The Necklace Series Book 1) 4 stars for keeping me guessing throughout the entire book. I found it took a while to understand what was really going on however I was intrigued nonetheless so it kept drawing me in.

Kayla Kirby's debut novel has used a lot of history which showcased a war between good and evil. The characters are strong, the story interesting if fantasy is your genre, and the description of the scenes an
Lianne
Jan 25, 2017 Lianne rated it it was amazing
Wow what a ride, I thoroughly enjoyed this refreshingly different read. This was my first read by Kayla Kirby but I am very excited to see where this story takes us next, it was fast paced, filled with excitement and kept you on your toes from the first page until the very last word. It was cleverly executed and worked very well, the story of Chase, Megan and BS the mortals, Felix and Robert as the Souls, the Inchor and the Angels all came together in battle to provide an exciting climax to a gr ...more
Kelly Cannon-Murray
Dec 13, 2016 Kelly Cannon-Murray rated it it was amazing
I was one of the ARC's for this book and I must say I'm in love with it! It was very captivating and it draws you in. It's set in the future but it brings back history from the past such as 911. It helps build the setting for the book. All the characters are all so different and vibrant! You will be on the edge of your seat waiting for the next book in the Series. The whole book has you thinking and you can really get into it. I can't wait to get a hard copy of it. It is now one of my favorites!
Chasidy
Dec 31, 2016 Chasidy rated it really liked it
Souls of This City by Kayla Kirby
My rating 4 of 5 stars

My interest was captured from the very beginning of the book. Kayla definitely kept me guessing through the the entire book. The story is set in the future, but it also uses a lot of history about the war of good and evil. The characters and story are well developed. I recommend this book and can’t wait to read more in the series.
Aurelie Gordio
Jan 07, 2017 Aurelie Gordio rated it really liked it
This book was fantastic. I couldn't put it down. The story was so well written and you get attached to the characters. I can't wait for the next one!!!
Nati
Dec 13, 2016 Nati rated it it was amazing
Souls of this Broken City is so captivating I couldn't put it down. One of the best books I've read in a long time. Well worth the late nights I spent reading it.
Evelyn Summers
Dec 09, 2016 Evelyn Summers marked it as to-read
Join Quill & Ink Book Tours in supporting Kayla Kirby for her debut release! ARC option available.

Sign up for the Release Blitz: https://goo.gl/forms/9NdeUhwCczH695OQ2
Robert
Mar 11, 2017 Robert rated it it was amazing
Wow

I mainly read historical fiction, however this novel struck me as something I would like to read.

Kayla Kirby does a great job of description. I highly recommend this book.
Terry Marchion
Jan 19, 2017 Terry Marchion rated it really liked it
The premise of this book had me interested. What if you were to find out that you were a "soul" - a human/angel hybrid who has yet to awaken? Chase finds this about himself as he's caught in the middle of an ages-old war between the angels/souls and the Ichor.

The book takes place in a not-too-distant dystopian future that was a little confusing at first -- at least to me. That was cleared up as I read along. The bigger story is revealed little by little until around the mid-point of the book, wh
Lisa
Jan 08, 2017 Lisa rated it it was amazing
About the Book

Chase Tombson wants to live unseen by the world so he can be a protective force for his sister, only her and his best friend by his side. Blinded to the war raging on around them, the three friends focus on their lives as young teens while an uprising is growing between those in charge and those they rule over.

In search for answers about their friend’s brutal and mysterious death, Chase’s world is turned upside down when he comes face-to-face with a shadow world hidden within his o
C.L. Cannon
Dec 07, 2016 C.L. Cannon rated it it was amazing
If you want a new adult book with a unique story, kick-butt characters, and witty dialogue, this is the book for you! Kayla Kirby's debut novel "Souls of this Broken City" is sure to end up on your favorites shelf and leave you aching for more!
Thomas Maddox
Thomas Maddox rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2017
ODeana R. Wilson
ODeana R. Wilson rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2016
Mikala
Mikala rated it it was amazing
Sarah Dale
Sarah Dale rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2017
Rebekah Dodson
Rebekah Dodson rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
Kayla Kirby
Dec 13, 2016 Kayla Kirby added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Scott Ryan
Scott Ryan marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2016
Quill & Ink Book Tours
Quill & Ink Book Tours marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2016
João
João marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2016
Kade Cook
Kade Cook marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2016
Melissa Vasel
Melissa Vasel marked it as to-read
Lezli
Lezli marked it as to-read
Shyanna Dotson
Shyanna Dotson is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2016
Shonda
Shonda is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2017
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2017
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2017
Peggy Geiger
Peggy Geiger marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2017
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2017
Yvonne Evans
Yvonne Evans marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2017
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2017
Jamie Mazzanti
Jamie Mazzanti marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2017
loisa
loisa added it
Feb 18, 2017
Lesia Vargas
Lesia Vargas marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2017
Gina Paulus
Gina Paulus marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2017
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2017
Christopher Merlino
Christopher Merlino is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2017
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2017
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 15, 2017
Dark Luna Rose
Dark Luna Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2017
Madalina Peter
Madalina Peter marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2017