Start by marking “Souls of This Broken City (The Necklace #1)” as Want to Read:
Souls of This Broken City (The Necklace #1)

Souls of This Broken City

(The Necklace #1)

Chase Tombson wants to live unseen by the world so he can be a protective force for his sister, only her and his best friend by his side. Blinded to the war raging on around them, the three friends focus on their lives as young teens while an uprising is growing between those in charge and those they rule over.

In search for answers about their friend’s brutal and
Published December 15th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Souls of This Broken City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Souls of This Broken City

Start your review of Souls of This Broken City (The Necklace #1)
Deliaria Davis
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We start this book on a journey, being sent into a new journey of discovery. Trying to remember who someone is and why they are. Who we are and why we are. Where we are and why we must be there. Because it is our job to be there. To be us. To be the who, the what, the why. To be the how. And to be the one who everyone loathes, and loves at the same time.

We get brought to the light, and thrown to the darkness. Only to have our breath ripped from our lungs and shoved back in again. On this roller
Beyond The Covers Blog
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Susan Reviewed on behalf of Mytimeoutbookblog

I give Souls of this Broken City (The Necklace Series Book 1) 4 stars for keeping me guessing throughout the entire book. I found it took a while to understand what was really going on however I was intrigued nonetheless so it kept drawing me in.

Kayla Kirby's debut novel has used a lot of history which showcased a war between good and evil. The characters are strong, the story interesting if fantasy is your genre, and the description of the scenes
Lianne
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a ride, I thoroughly enjoyed this refreshingly different read. This was my first read by Kayla Kirby but I am very excited to see where this story takes us next, it was fast paced, filled with excitement and kept you on your toes from the first page until the very last word. It was cleverly executed and worked very well, the story of Chase, Megan and BS the mortals, Felix and Robert as the Souls, the Inchor and the Angels all came together in battle to provide an exciting climax to a ...more
Kelly Cannon-Murray
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was one of the ARC's for this book and I must say I'm in love with it! It was very captivating and it draws you in. It's set in the future but it brings back history from the past such as 911. It helps build the setting for the book. All the characters are all so different and vibrant! You will be on the edge of your seat waiting for the next book in the Series. The whole book has you thinking and you can really get into it. I can't wait to get a hard copy of it. It is now one of my favorites!
Chasidy
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Souls of This City by Kayla Kirby
My rating 4 of 5 stars

My interest was captured from the very beginning of the book. Kayla definitely kept me guessing through the the entire book. The story is set in the future, but it also uses a lot of history about the war of good and evil. The characters and story are well developed. I recommend this book and can’t wait to read more in the series.
Aurelie Gordio
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was fantastic. I couldn't put it down. The story was so well written and you get attached to the characters. I can't wait for the next one!!!
Nathalia
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Souls of this Broken City is so captivating I couldn't put it down. One of the best books I've read in a long time. Well worth the late nights I spent reading it.
E.M. Summers
Dec 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
Join Quill & Ink Book Tours in supporting Kayla Kirby for her debut release! ARC option available.

Sign up for the Release Blitz: https://goo.gl/forms/9NdeUhwCczH695OQ2
Robert
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I mainly read historical fiction, however this novel struck me as something I would like to read.

Kayla Kirby does a great job of description. I highly recommend this book.
Terry Marchion
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The premise of this book had me interested. What if you were to find out that you were a "soul" - a human/angel hybrid who has yet to awaken? Chase finds this about himself as he's caught in the middle of an ages-old war between the angels/souls and the Ichor.

The book takes place in a not-too-distant dystopian future that was a little confusing at first -- at least to me. That was cleared up as I read along. The bigger story is revealed little by little until around the mid-point of the book,
Lisa
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
About the Book

In search for answers about their friend’s brutal and mysterious death, Chase’s world is turned upside down when he comes face-to-face with a shadow world hidden within his
C.L. Cannon
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you want a new adult book with a unique story, kick-butt characters, and witty dialogue, this is the book for you! Kayla Kirby's debut novel "Souls of this Broken City" is sure to end up on your favorites shelf and leave you aching for more!
Subhajit Das
Jan 30, 2017
Rebekah
Jan 10, 2017
Kayla Kirby
Dec 13, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Scott Ryan
Maja
Jan 10, 2017
Peggy Geiger
Jan 16, 2017
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Jan 21, 2017