Start by marking “Eagle's Shadow (Witches of London #2)” as Want to Read:
Eagle's Shadow (Witches of London #2)

Eagle's Shadow

(Witches of London #2)

What if the new love of your life also holds the keys to your past?

When Chicago journalist Tom Welsh meets British banker Sanders Templeton at a conference, Sanders insists they have a connection, though he does not know what it is. They’ve never met before—but the strangest thing is, Tom can also feel it.

Sanders Templeton is a highflier who has it all—the money, the lifes
Published February 4th 2017 by 44 Raccoons

To ask other readers questions about Eagle's Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eagle's Shadow

Start your review of Eagle's Shadow (Witches of London #2)
Aleksandr Voinov
Dec 07, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: genre-mm
Edit2: It's out! This is a standalone novel - it's all set in/around London and deals with "magick" and such.

Edit1: Somebody keeps changing the title. Please stop. The book is called "Witches of London - Eagle's Shadow", not "Eagle's Shadow", just like "Witches of London - Lars" is not called "Lars." Thanks!
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
Will review closer to the time of release. I guess it could be said that I'm a bit biased but that's honestly not the case here. I just absolutely adored this and all the while it destroyed me. Book hangover is extreme with this one but totally worth it.

And that cover?

Tiferet
First of all, if anyone wants to see the famous animated version of the cover:

Witches of London - Eagle

So, this book... It's very different from Lars, but it's also very similar in some regards. Healing is again the main theme, but the trauma is very different and the tools (both spiritual and emotional) are new - and they're fascinating.

Where the first book had a steadfast an loyal Lars fighting for Rhys' life, this one has both men in pain (in different proportions emotional and physical), struggling against the unbre
Chris
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW - this was an intense and compelling read... I couldn't put it down. Have you had that feeling of deja vu ? Felt like you knew someone before you met ? Tom & Sanders met at a conference, different lives and countries and yet they felt an instant connection. This was their journey from their past to ease their present. I adored the writing and the chemistry that was created between these two. This was not about heat but more about the relationship, friendship and trust. I loved it ❤ ...more
Tamara
I was always fascinated with the idea of reincarnation and past lives and how much of an influence those past lives would have on our current one, so I really liked the setting, and I especially liked Tom as a character. Sanders came off as a bit of a bastard, but he grew on me at the end too. To be honest, the writing seemed a bit odd and left me confused more than once, though this is probably because English is not my first language, and I did get used to it after a while.
Fenriz Angelo
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what to think, exactly, about this book. Only that when i started it it felt a bit off but by the 30% mark it clicked and i found everything so interesting. There's some very sad parts and others funny, both characters felt rounded with their own personality and i liked how they communicated about their problems, despite it being a kind of insta-love i think they there was chemistry between them and the way they got to know each other made reading their love story more enjoyable.

Wha
Kirmizi
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, y-broken-boys
I don't know how to start.

My assumption is that this book is very personal to Voinov, at least that is what I get when I read the about the author page of the book. Editor in financial services? Also a pagan? Also has experienced reincarnation?

Now I have to say, my personality does not allow me to believe in any metaphysical, supernatural, whatever thing. So I expected to be a little bit thrown off as compared to the first book. But no. Whole reincarnation thing is so naturally woven to the st
Beryll Brackhaus
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I was lucky in getting an ARC of this book.

It is a stunning rollercoaster of emotions. Dry humour, sadness, true love, fear and rage. It is all there and I felt all of it together with the characters as they struggled with what at first was incomprehensible and slowly became undeniable for them.

The plot masterfully weaves past and present into a tapersty of events that only start to make sense as you progress through the story.

And it all leads to a most satisfactory ending.

A more than worthy se
Karen Wellsbury
Just as good as first one Witches of London - Lars, shares the same sense of everyday magic, while exploring very different themes.
Review here
Ottilee B.
As a chronic pain sufferer, nothing in this book surprised me. I, too, have done pharmaceuticals to the point of NOT suicide but relief. The entire back-story of Sander's willingness to try anything was truly believable. As a referral, he begins another form of pain management with Lee, another of the Witches of London, a pagan group. Lee teaches Sander about regression, a form of "past lives" that intrigues him very much. He feels an overwhelming certainty that his pain is connected to Tom, a m ...more
Ay
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
F.
An unusual story. I had tried to read this while travelling and finally managed to have a few quiet hours as we sailed to Amsterdam. Even though the romance wasn't overt and in your face, it was there, hidden in the words and expressions. An easy read once I could concentrate on it. Do we have multiple lifes? - an interesting take on regression therapy. Intrigued enough to want to read the rest of the series.
4 stars
Robert Winter
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm still thinking about this book 24 hours later. There are certain elements I really don't understand, and a few silly editing mistakes, but it stayed with me. The reincarnation and past life regression aspects were really interesting. Lee is a great character to connect this book with Witches of London - Lars (though when Julian turns up briefly it makes me squirm - I just dislike that character). The balance between Tom's impulsiveness and Sanders' careful deliberation made for some good fri ...more
Molli B.
3.5 stars, I think?

Well. I don't quite know what I think about this one. I think it got off to a too-slow start. There were hints of what might be going on, but they were very subtle, and I felt like I was going way out on a limb to even make a stab at where the story was going and what it was ultimately about. I liked both Tom and Sanders, but...like Tom, I wasn't thrilled with Sanders' manipulativeness, although maybe that was really only how Tom was perceiving it.

While a good chunk of the bo
L.E.
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
I was a wee bit disappointed that this wasn't a continuation of Lars's story (or that he wasn't even in this one) because I loved the first book, but I loved this one just as much... if not just a little bit more. Also glad to see a few familiar faces like Lee and Julian!

I loved the reincarnation theme, and I think the circle of tragedy and hope, new beginnings and starting over, and how the consequences of the past can bleed into the present/future was fascinating. It left me thinking about thi
Tracy
This is a really good story. The idea of past lives is really fascinating and the subject was portrayed so well. My stomach physically hurt during those sessions.
An engrossing story as well. I felt pulled into the story and once those hooks were in I couldn't stop.
The characters are fascinating as well and their chemistry is electric. I cannot wait for more from these authors!
Ariadna
This one was a trip and a half.
Gillian
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing

4.5/5 stars

Sometimes when I read a book that has touched me, I find myself at a loss for words and basically want to flail on the ground and mutter nonsensically because I can’t find the proper words to describe how it made me feel. This is one of those times.

*rolls around flailing*

…….

(note: Just Love Reviews does not condone rolling around on the ground as an acceptable review process)

Oh, fine.

As flailing really isn’t an option when people are expecting a
Lidia
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series amazes me again. Here was I waiting to read about Lars' s friends, Julian's astrology, Lee's Reiky, instead I meet Tom and Sanders. First I was a bit confused , Tom was easy to read as character but Sanders no very much till the end. Their is a story of reincarnation and love . Also this last wasn't clear, not from Sanders character, not from like he deals with Tom, maybe because the healing is the only and very important thing for Sanders( and real protagonist of series) . In fact t ...more
Tracey
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've had to give this one a five. It took me a short while to get in to it but what an amazing story. It wasn't an easy read but definitely worth if for the ending. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kim T
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging book

I really like this book.
Two main characters that drew you in and great secondary characters with interesting lives and beliefs.
Tom and Sanders together were so good together and to see snapshots of former lives and how it impacted on the here and now was fascinating.
It was a tough read at times seeing into the past and I am very glad that I don't live in any of the times the boys passed through.
This was great writing engaging from the first words with kept you involved and wanting t
peanut•m&ms
Tom & Sanders’ journey is heartbreaking & beautiful.

Absolutely fascinating.
Dee Wy
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - Very unusual story, slightly slow at times, but enjoyed it overall.
Ulysses Dietz
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Eagle’s Shadow (Witches of London, 2)
By Aleksandr Voinov and Jordan Taylor
Published by the authors, 2016 and 2017
Four stars

I really enjoyed this second in the “Witches of London” series. My only gripe would be that the witches themselves seem to be sidelined for the most part—although one of them, Lee, plays a critical role in the narrative. The book is not really about the witches or that lovely support group of like-minded individuals we met in “Lars.” That’s sort of too bad.

But this is the st
Drianne
Dec 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m, sf
Well, that's what I get for buying a book without enough research, just because it was a sequel to something I really liked. I was *expecting* more about the queer neo-pagan friend circle from Witches of London - Lars, and instead, one character from that briefly shows up here to move the plot along (and then my favorite character from the other book once is in the room for no reason at all), and that's all they have in common. This is a reincarnation story, but NOT a nice one; there's a HORRIFI ...more
Amber
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a lot of trouble first getting into this book. I put it down for a couple of days and then picked it up again. Unlike the first book this has the group of new age friends as side characters that help the main couple through their spiritual problem. Because of that the first part of the book we get to know Sanders and Tom who have financial backgrounds but are instantly drawn together. There is also a little bit of a mystery in a photo from WWII that Sanders has. I didn't know how these two ...more
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Loved it.
Sanders struggle with his pain was hard to watch, but made a big impact.
I loved him and Tom's journey together.

Why is this series listed as paranormal?
Okay, past life regression. But aren't their therapist who do that today? I know there was a lot of controversy about it in the past. But it isn't magic. It's hypnosis.

I found the past lives interesting. I loved seeing their past lives. Some of it was pretty harsh, but even though you knew what was coming you couldn't look away. It all ti
DeeNeez
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt, sh-2018, 2018
Again, not your typical romance story. But I love that with Voinov. This starts off a bit slow, but reels you in to Sander and Tom’s story, correction stories. I loved how they were tied through previous lives. But I admit, one was pretty horrific. But war is always horrific.

I had expected this story to be centered around those from the coven from the first book. Yet, even though Lee is a crucial key to the spiritual and healing path of regressions, he was just side character. Overall I really
Claudia
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
this book packs a punch. I have to confess I chose it because of the cover (and a challenge) but I am really glad that I read it.

I had some troubles with Tom because I got the feeling that he just could not make a decision. Sanders is a bit strange sometimes (or make that most of the time) ... but that is just his character and I got to love him.

the story on the whole is really, really well done - and there are some surprises in it (none of them quite nice)

all in all this is a great read and I a
Verditwist
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Past lives, love and horror

This is the second book in this series I have read and looking forward to the third. An American journalist looks up at a conference and is caught in the stare of an old money Englishman. Whatever the attraction is between them, it takes hold fast. Not so easy though when they live in different continents, and mysteriously one of them is a prisoner of his fragile health. Can the past hold clues to a cure? Can forgiveness and redemption cure the past?

• Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • The Outdoorsman's Son
  • The High King's Golden Tongue (Tales of the High Court, #1)
  • The Monuments Men Murders (The Art of Murder #4)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Somebody Killed His Editor (Holmes & Moriarity #1)
  • The Lodestar of Ys (The Stories of Ys, #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • The Old Guard, Book One: Opening Fire
  • Try (Temptation, #1)
  • The Monet Murders (The Art of Murder, #2)
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • A Trilogy of Knights

Witches of London (3 books)
  • Lars (Witches of London #1)
  • Shadows Watching (Witches of London #3)