Start by marking “Whispers of the Walker (The Gateway Trackers #1)” as Want to Read:
Whispers of the Walker (The Gateway Trackers #1)

Whispers of the Walker

(The Gateway Trackers #1)

Something whispers in the shadows...

From E.E. Holmes, author of the award-winning Gateway Trilogy, comes the first in the highly anticipated companion series The Gateway Trackers. It’s been several years since Jess and Hannah Ballard foiled a cataclysmic prophecy that could have destroyed their fellow Durupinen, an ancient clan of women who allow spirits to cross between
Published December 6th 2016 by Lily Faire Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Whispers of the Walker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers of the Walker

Heather Ben
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!

I just finished the first three books and had to read the next book right away. These books are so fun. I am 41 and I found them delightful. You don't have to be young to enjoy these books. They are full of imagination. Read them all! I hope you love them as much add I did.
aicha julie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
It used to be a favorite series of mine, and i just heard about there being follow up books, but i wish i didn't.
After reading this i'm so disappointed, i just kept skipping through the pages, it's like it's not the same author that wrote the first three books, it was completely different style and different characters.
Even though i adored the previous books, i could not give this more than two stars.
description
Yvonne Wood
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this first tracker series and will read more. Great story and believable characters.
Ansley
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too Many Recaps

The basic story was a good one, but since I read this book back to back with the others, I was annoyed that there were so many recaps of the previous stories events all through the book.
Emmy
Feb 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobook
•audiobook• I soo wasted a credit on this audiobook!
This book apparently is geared towards the teeny bopper crowd. Mostly, but has a steady stream of curse words. But teens are used to it and probably use it in the sane context themselves.
Despite the age of the characters, they acted and thought like preteens. Brainless preteens. Lack of common sense preteens. Worse than any preteens you could possibly know in real life.
And they talk and talk and talk. Omg! Shut the fluck up! Truly. 80% dialo
sh(e)reader
I had really enjoyed the original Gateway Trilogy ... and I was happy to step back into the world of Jess and Hannah, and Milo, don't forget him and his comic relief! As this opened, it felt a little like a set-up for a TV series. Like the first trilogy had been a movie (or three) and had been so well received that it was now going to be an ongoing series. I could almost see the "episodes" for the coming weeks as the team tackles fake paranormal people taking advantage. It will be interesting to ...more
Karen
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Much like E E Holmes other series with the Ballard sisters, Jess and Hannah with Milo their spirit guide and body guard Finn are off to the next adventure. About 3 years have passed since the prophecy that was to change everything was thwarted. Now the girls are trying to live what normal lives they might have. But everything is turned upside down when they end getting rope back into the world that they thought they escaped. Jess and Hannah become Trackers and end up on a case that is more than ...more
Julie Brierley
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first series and was keen to catch up on Hannah ,Jessica, Milo and Finn. This book started slowly and does recap the first series but I do think you need to read the original series first anyway. The group are manipulated into joining the durupinen again this time as gateway trackers, an elite force that protects gateways. Their first assignment is far from routine. I didn't engage as well with this novel as I did with previous books. It's a much lighter read but I'm still w ...more
Alexa Nicole
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, series
Enjoyed the book, like to continue to hear about the characters stories, but I never really felt the same sense of impending dread or fear. The plot was interesting and I definitely wanted to find out who the angel was, but in the end it wasn't that scary. And I'm sorry but I'm still not into the Finn romance. Love and hate aren't the same thing. Looking forward to the next book and hoping that the intensity picks back up now that we've been introduced to the tracker world!
Mimi Davis Hopkins
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Crossing Over

This is a very enjoyable story with a great storyline and well defined characters. The flow and the timeline moves along so smoothly. The ideal of others aiding lost spirits is a great thing...I would think, and I like it. The author took the time and effort to craft this story in a way that captures to reader. Great job! If you are looking for an easy story that makes you smile, this is it.
Richard scorer
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can’t wait to jump into the second book!

Stumbled across this, the first of 4 I believe. What can I say other than truly gripping, this book had me on the edge of my seat and even kept me up many a late night. Needing to know what happens next I can’t wait to read the second story. 👍🏻
Caly ☯ Crazy Book Lady
Great book! I enjoyed the first trilogy and this one is a good start to the next. Author does a excellent job of keeping the plot moving and also gives you enough of the back story that if you had not read the first set of books you would still be able to enjoy this one though I highly recommend you read them all.
Julie Prole
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!

Absolutely brilliant. These books never fail to keep me reading them! Can't wait to start the next book! If you are unsure just read it! Also read the other Triology you will love it!
Julie Rein
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing wonderfully touching story

I can't get enough of these books! I devoured every one so far. The characters Hannah, Jessica, Finn and of course Milo have become in my mind good friends. Such well written story's it's like you're on the adventures with them ! Highly recommend
Helen Wright pine
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Kept my interest the entire book! I would recommend this to those interested in this genre! I’m glad a friend recommended it to me.
Philomena Zilinski
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good read

A worthy follow up to the trilogy good to read further adventures of Hannah and Jess, Finn and Milo. As well as keeping to the original plot line.
Karen Mitchell
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Great book!

This is a great sequel series although I do highly suggest that you first read the gateway trilogy or you will be lost .. lots of wit and intrigue
Donna Hussung
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I love this series, can't put it down. But I just finished the seventh book and now I have to wait till December for the next one!!!!
Caroline
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Entertaining all the way

Fun read and definitely looking forward to Book 2 in the series. The characters are funny and delightful and that makes the story even more fun to read.
Barbara Blundell
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just ordered next one, they are just soo good.
Barbara Beauchamp
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Amazing as always loved it I need more
Story line was great thrilling and tender

Looking forward for more from this great author
Bethany
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really liked the story.

Hated how she used the word "agitatedly." At least three times. "In agitation" might have been acceptable. But for some reason this really bugged me.
Maura
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I just loved the first series that I had to read the second and I was not disappointed! E.E. Holmes does a great job at keeping you entertained in the spirit world!
Debra
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great news

Just finished this and enjoyed it. I have downloaded the next one already. Very good story. Looking forward to getting started.
Amber
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

Story is fast paced yet has in depth characters leaving you wanting the next book yesterday. Luckily it's out! Highly recommend for YA and Adults too!!
Sonya White
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book its good to see how Jess and Hannah have grown up.
Gayle Ward
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

I have read three of these books in a week. I'm still not getting much done. This one was a bit slow taking off but it was a very good read on to the next one. Thanks
Olivia Helen
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I felt this should have just been a continuation on from the Gateway series because you must read them first. But Holmes didn't disappoint! Was so pleased to see Jess and Hannah again, with Milo in full flair. The world of Durupinen is so convincing and clever.
Tracy Murphy
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this...
Rosemary Dreyer
3 1/2 Stars: A continuation of the Spirit Legacy novels ... this book begins with our favorite characters and their adventures within the realm of ghosts and defrauding the cons. It is packed with action and great characters. However, often the writing is unsophisticated and there are too many writing errors. A mixed review, but worth a light read.
E.E. Holmes grew up in Wakefield, Massachusetts, where she spent the majority of her childhood reading books. She read them all the time, and, as a result, perfected the art of walking and reading at the same time, a skill she can still perform to this day with remarkably few instances of falling on her face. She also wrote many books and poems in blank books and on the backs of legal pads her fat ...more

The Gateway Trackers (3 books)
  • Plague of the Shattered (The Gateway Trackers #2)
  • Awakening of the Seer (The Gateway Trackers #3)