Start by marking “The Jeera Packer” as Want to Read:
The Jeera Packer

The Jeera Packer

I once changed the history of Uttar Pradesh state with a gun and a finger. One shot, one man. Right man, wrong man. But that was thirty years ago. I shot people through their heads then. I pack jeera in a basement now.
This is me and here is my story.
He was the best sharpshooter in the state. A true bullet artist. But he gave it all up to lead a happy, normal, stable life .
Paperback, First, 344 pages
Published December 26th 2016 by Fingerprint! Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Jeera Packer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jeera Packer

Vishnu Chevli
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Magnificent characterisation, unique plot and terrific dialogs. While reading 'The Jeera Packer' of Prashant Yadav, I never felt that I am reading authors debut work. I would say I got feeling of watching Anurag Kashyap's or Vishal Bharadhwaj's movie.

description

Story starts with an ex-gangster, who was infamous sharpshooter of his time. He has left violence 27 years back and is living peaceful like with his wife and son. He is running a grocery store in Noida with help of his wife. He packs spices speciall
Rohit Enghakat
I would like to thank the author Prashant Yadav, Vishnu Chevli & the publishers Fingerprint Publishing for providing me a free copy for an honest review and feedback.

The book is a wonderful read and I enjoyed reading it thoroughly. Initially I was a bit skeptical about the book given its weird title. But as the saying goes, do not judge a book by its cover, pun intended !!

The story is about a sharpshooter who has quit the life of crime some 25-odd years back and is now running a grocery shop
Abhilash Ruhela
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
It’s not always that you come across a book by a debutante which makes you sit at one place in your bedroom and go on reading despite IPL running in the other room. That’s the magic Prashant Yadav’s “The Jeera Packer” does upon you! If you ask me what I did for 8 long hours- read a book or watched a movie, the way this book has been written, my answer would be- I watched a wonderful movie which never felt stretched or boring. It only made me appreciate the protagonist and become his heart and un ...more
Vikalp Trivedi
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
In past few years , I have seen that majority of debutant Indian authors pick up a love story as their debut novel . This has become almost a ritual after the success of novelists like Durjoy Dutta , Nikita Singh , Ravinder Singh ,  the latest Amozon.in sensation - Savi Sharma and obviously their father-figure , Chetan Bhagat . Most of these novels are simple (moreover garbage) love stories , the premise of which consists a boy meeting a girl , they become friends , than best friends , than love ...more
Shilpa Garg
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would have read this book in a day, but due to work exigencies, I finished reading The Jeera Packer in two days. Oh, boy! Did I like it? I loved reading this book as I was hooked to it right from the word go!

The main protagonist is an ex-sharpshooter who now lives a clean regular life with his family. He is not happy with his mundane life as something within him has died. He decides to reignite the passion in his life and works on a mission to kill the Chief Minister, who incidentally is his b
Book Marked (Shivani)
Prashant Yadav's book The Jeera Packer is a story of a man who lives a simple life and works at a store. Everything around him changes because of a few encounters and events. Politics, power setup, manipulation and corruption fill up the narrative.
The action is fast-paced and the language is rich. I did have a problem with the portrayal of women characters in the book. There is a streak of misogyny in the narrative. Women are being constrained to stereotypical roles. They are mostly described u
Simant ♥ Flipping Through the Pages
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of political-crime-thrillers
My Rating: 3.5 Stars (I really wish that Goodreads launch the point rating system soon )

WHAT?? This was exactly what I felt after finishing this book. I didn't expected this end at all and it just made me think, what just happened? Is it true or just my mind is blabbering and expected this end?

This was my first political/crime/thriller and this book did proper justice with the genre. I won't say that it kept me fascinated or hooked from the very first page, rather the truth is opposite. It took
Puja Kshirsagar
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plot summary:
The story centres around a man who works as an ordinary shopkeeper, packing jeera and other groceries to be sold in his shop, which he co-owns with his wife, Jaya. But his ordinary life changes when he meets Lal Mani, his former aide, who reminds him of his dark past.
The jeera packer once used to be a sharpshooter who was known for never missing his targets. But for the love of his wife and son, he quits the world of crime and returns to a normal life. Lal Mani, however, goes on to
Vidya Anand
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting political thriller which has every possibility to become a Bollywood thriller. Every scene was detailed brilliantly and could be visualized easily.
Liked all the characters and how the plot was weaved around them.
The story was balanced well and every character's track was narrated in an interesting manner. The climax was a shocker and unexpected but liked the twist though really wished to know what happens to the real master mind of the murder.
Madhur Madan
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
it was a nice book
keeps interest throughout the book
so that reader keeps on reading
John  Trident
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Superb book for all action, fast paced readers.
Fast paced, action thriller book.
A deep story-line, recommended for those who love action books.
Cover is excellent worth buying. Beautifully designed with precision.
Title is one of its kind, unique and worth challenging to the minds of the readers.
Story is something from being ordinary to something revolting. How life changes in every way and how things force us to choose some extreme steps in different situations.
Beautiful masterpiece, worth readin
Vibha Hegde
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review initially posted on: https://dreambookreviews.wordpress.co...

This is my first ever political-crime-thriller and I must say I did get a good book to start it off with.

When I started reading this I felt drawn to the characters. They were simple and easy to understand. The deeper I was drawn into a story, the more I understood their complexity. Each character is important to the plot and while the character undergoes change, the plot develops.

The author has started off with various character
Pankaj Goyal
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Jeera Packer by Prashant Yadav is a gripping political thriller. Reading this book was like walking on an undulating surface. With a complex plot, a number of twists and turns and non-stop thrilling action, the book kept my eyes glued to the pages. The author has done an excellent job of not only setting up a solid plot, but also building memorable characters around this plot. At the same time, this book isn’t really about plot twists. On the other hand, it is about some of the unique nuance ...more
Jiten Upadhyay
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
The book is definitely a good thriller. Most of the Indian readers can draw parallels with many political incidents. The writer have the skills to write convincing thrilling events and explaining scenes.

The book’s plot can remind you of any masala movie of Bollywood without a doubt. And eventually when you got inside it, you will explore something you have explored in movies like Gangs of Wasseypur, NH10, Dev D, Delhi Belly, Rajneeti, Jai Gangaajal, Aarakshan and others.

Here are some of the nice
Aparajita Shorey
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Jeera Packer by Prashant Yadav, is the story of a who was one of the best sharp shooters during his youth but settles into an ordinary life with a wife, a kid and a shop. After twenty or so years of leaving behind the life of a gunman, is suffering a mid-life crisis and looking for a way to break the monotony of his day-to-day life and boost his depleting self-esteem.

Coincidentally, I was reading the book right around the time when the whole of North India was talking about the elections in
Anupama
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
In all honesty I was prejudiced and expected little from an author with a very common name - Prashant Yadav. However he had me with his first chapter titled serendipity (my favorite word) and by the end of the book i was totally sold to his writing and storytelling . This is a man's book ...correction, an alpha man's book. A story revolving around politics, loyalty, ambition, deception, power, ego, guns, goons, profanities, bullets and bullet...with hardly any room for love is still, a very exhi ...more
Kirti Aggarwal
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
A good attempt at writing a mystery/thriller but very slow progressing, plot could have been more intricate and gripping but still a good book, satisfactory read!
Merril Anil
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
First of all a huge thanks to the author for sharing the book with me and a huge apology for delaying my review by almost an year. Jesus!! Talk about trying the patience of an author :(

If you are wondering what a nice little “desi book “ is then pick up Jeera Packer. I was amazed as to how the book was a vivid and kaleidoscopic picture of true UP culture. A lot of Indian books try to tell indian stories but almost all of them are too influenced and inspired by western culture that they fail to p
Pooja Srivastava
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
•••BOOK REVIEW•••
The Jeera Packer by Prashant Yadav
💢
#blurb : The best sharpshooter in Uttar Pradesh...now took retirement in an urge for a simple life with his family. He works as a jeera packer...but he is now doing a comeback in shooting just for one final work—to shoot the chief minister. Will he be able to brush away the jeera dust and rediscover himself? Or has the middle-aged family man already throttled the sharpshooter in him?
💢
#WRITING_N_NARRATION : This political thriller contains dark
Kalyani Kalyani
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Prakash Parasuraman
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-read-2017
The story revolves around the politics and its cruelty which is believable and realistic. Backdrop of UP (Uttar Pradesh) adds the extra color to the political thriller. The plot surprises with twists and turns which engrosses the readers till the end. Funny and thoughtful dialogues have been peppered throughout the novel to keep the brain occupied.

Though the protagonist is a gangster, he impresses the readers. The equally contributing character in the chief minister gives us the insight into the
Vivek
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
After a slew of romantic novels that Indian writers debut with, a political/crime thriller is a breath of fresh air by Prashant Yadav. He builds out all the major characters well , I wonder if they have been inspired by some real people we know on the political scene, but well paced and structured. Most of the characters get a lighter shade of grey in this world of black and white as they push forward their political juggernaut. If there was a fault with the book, then the ending was a bit of a ...more
Amit Kumar
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The level of detail was quite engrossing and the book had good humor (the pick for me was when Kranti was almost stopped due to gas getting over :-)). I am not an avid reader, especially of fiction. However, found this book very entertaining and found it to be a nice take on the Indian political class and the many tussles within that.

Well done Prashant!
Vimmy
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good political thriller. My husband recommended this book to me and I am glad I read this one.
Prashanth Kanichar
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
great story abrupt ending
Faizan
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-17
review later...
Biju P.R.
Over all, a political thriller that mirrors the cotemporary reality of the nation in the background of a Jeera Packer, it is a good read.

Approach with it with no prejudice.
Devansh Desai

Pages: 333

Genre: Fiction, Thriller

MRP: ₹295

Blurb:

I once changed the history of Uttar Pradesh with a gun and a finger.

One shot, one man. Right man, wrong man.

But that was thirty years ago.

I shot people through their heads then. I pack jeera in a basement now.

THIS IS ME, AND HERE IS MY STORY.

He was the best sharpshooter in the state. A true bullet artist. But he gave it all up to lead a happy, normal, stable lif
Jasleen Kaur
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
the main realization hit at the end of the book. The Jeera Packer was highly used just to make some realizations at the end. Then why he was decorated way beyond the requirement, well that’s how the thriller works. I was not very impressed by the end, rather I was amused.

All in all the book was a great read with twists and turns of high order. It is a well-executed and planned book.

You can read the complete review here:
Amitabha Das
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second book by someone I know personally, within a six month time frame and it makes me proud of the people I know.
The Jeera Packer is a taut and engaging thriller about a retired assassin living the mundane life of running a grocery shop. But as is expected, his past revisits him and starts having its own influence on his present.

The story has substance and the pace of delivery has just the right amount of pull to keep you engaged without threatening to leave you behind if you don't catch
« previous 1 3 next »
“The problem is that in this jail there are too many mosquitoes, they don't let me sleep.” 2 likes
“When in a frying pan, thank your stars. You will reminisce about it moments later, when you fall in the fire.” 1 likes