Start by marking “Face-Off at the Altar (Assassins, #12)” as Want to Read:
Face-Off at the Altar (Assassins, #12)

Face-Off at the Altar

(Nashville Assassins #12)

Markus Reeves is sucking. Big-time. Toiling away on a minor-league hockey team hundreds of miles away from home, he's watching his dreams of an NHL career fade away. Add in the lingering guilt he has over the dramatic demise of his relationship with college girlfriend, Mekena, and he's a mess on and off the ice.

But the family of his heart, the Sinclairs, won't let Markus
Published December 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Face-Off at the Altar, please sign up.
Harley_Girl_13 I have read them all & yes you could read them individually but characters from earlier books are in later books so it adds the back story.

I am…more

I am glad I read them in order...I keep looking forward to the next & who will we catch up with from the past.(less)

Christy
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo AD0A89DB-9F4C-4B3A-88E8-B693A9EAFD96_zpsdurum5z7.jpg

So this is book number 9 in Toni’s Assassins series. If you’re like me and you’ve read the first 8 (along with the 3 Bellevue Bullies books that tie in) you’re probably a super fan, love sports romance, and realize that Toni really does write the best hockey books. The Assassins are my favorite team, anyways. And if you’ve kept up with the series, you know this team is more than a team. They’re a family. I love that bond. That connection all these players and their families share. Every
XxTainaxX
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story was not really what I expected at all and I will do my best to give you what you need to possibly give yourself the opportunity to experience the it without giving too much away. First of all, let me say that things are not always what they seem. I started off the story being righteously pissed off at Markus for his past actions right along with Mekena. The prose was particularly powerful in the expression of her anger. After the truth is revealed, my feelings definitely changed to a ...more
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 617be7b4df4540e346f6bb8f7a06fa_zpsew7brmlw.gif

When you think hockey romance, automatically Toni Aleo comes to mind and so if you combine hockey and a second chance storyline then you know this book will score major points with me! With her staple of knowing what moves to make, character developments and banter, I definitely I knew Face-Off at the Altar would be one entertaining read!

Face-Off at the Altar is one of those reads that can be read as a standalone so if you haven’t been fo
Rose
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was ok

Firstly, for my safety girls, during a 2 year separation he was with many OW while she kept her virginity for him. I didn't want her wit OM but after how he acted when they're back together, how was he with so many OW?! It kept me pissed off for so long. Specially when she says stuff like "I kept my virginity for you" and "it felt so damn good, and soon she was asking herself why she had waited so long to do it (sex). But she knew why. She only wanted him." Why is it that Mekena only wants him b
Heroesinbooks
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

Face-Off at the Altar is a book 9 in the Assassins series, but you can read it as a standalone.
I haven't read all the books in the series, but it was quite easy to collect all the pieces of the story.
This is a second chance romance and forgiveness, so all you out there who appreciate some good old do overs, you will love it!
So, with that beeing said, I really enjoyed this book.
I loved the writing, the plot, the characters and their interaction.
Marcus's and Meke
Rejane
So disgusting by hypocrites and double standards. Sick and twisted is not a enough word for downplaying sexual abuse. It doesn’t matter who’s the abuser: man or woman- rape, attempt to rape- is the same for both.
If it was a man the abuser I am 100% sure nobody would be trying to find excuses for him.

NOJO Q TENHO DESSA HIPOCRISIA.

Julia ⏃  ✦ :The Romance Rebels: ⏃ ✦
What would you do when the two people you trusted most more than life itself stabbed you in back? Mekena's life is in a nutshell. Her boyfriend, the love of her life cheated on her. Add in that he cheated on her with her sister. It's like adding salt to an open wound. It gets to much for Mekena, and so she leaves with a broken heart and tortured soul.

Markus... He screwed up BAD!
He knows it too. Ruined the one thing in his life that was truly meaningful. Nothing felt right other than having Mek
Joëlle
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** ARC kindly provided by Ardent Prose in exchange for an honest review. ***

Markus had found the right girl ... he loved her and they took it slow. But then he wakes up with her sister in his bed. Mekena has felt betrayed for so long by Markus and his sister. She has mad sure not to meet them but time didn’t heal the whole in her heart. Markus focuses on hockey. But when one of his friends will marry he”ll see Mekena again where she’ll be the photographer. How will this work out for them? And t
Kim
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 4-5-stars
4/4.5 stars

This is a great mix of the Assassins series and Bellevue Bullies series, and is Markus and Mekena's story. We saw them break up in college due to his perceived betrayal, but now they will be coming face to face again at Lucy and Benji's wedding.

Markus' life is not going how he planned. He feels stuck in a rut and unhappy. His friends, the Sinclair brothers, and even his female best friend, Baylor, got to follow their NHL dreams while he is in Florida on the Assassins farm team. He mi
Ana
Mar 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Ugh an other one " Hero is not celibate during separation time while the heroine stays a virgin" bla bla bla
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Assassins is by far my favorite hockey themed romances thus far and this one was another gem of a romance. While I could not remember all of the details from the previous books to get all of the lowdown from a few characters that we met from the Assassins novels, I could easily follow along and invest myself with the story and its characters. They were very easy to like and relatable.

Sure, I'm not going to lie, I did come across elements of angst, heartbreak, and sometimes frustration and co
Danielle
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Review originally posted on http://www.joyfullyreviewed.net/revie...

Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
soooo sweeet! farts and all! recommend!
Beth
BOOK REVIEW: Face-Off At The Altar
BOOK SERIES: Assassins #9
AUTHOR: Toni Aleo
GENRE: Second Chance, Sports Romance
PUBLICATION DATE: December 26, 2016
CLIFF HANGER: No
4 Stars
*This story is for mature audiences only. Contains explicit scenes and language intended for adults 18+
SYNOPSIS:
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

Review to come!
Kayla Ritenour (In Between The pages)
where to even start with this one???
I haven't met a Toni Aleo book I haven't fallen for. and seriously Marcus amd McKenna were no exception.

their story was so much fun at times, and at other literally broke my heart for them.

Toni has this way of taking super hot sexy hockey player romances and bringing these real life situations that evoke so many emotions into them.

I love the balance sheet offered between the two things. and they make for one amazing story.

I absolutly adored Marcus in this boo
Rhiannon
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Diane Lynch
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, hockey-romance
Face-Off at the Altar (Assassins #9) by Toni Aleo Toni Aleo is on a winning streak with book nine in Assassins series, FACE-OFF AT THE ALTAR.  Markus Reeves is struggling in the AHL, torn up about how his relationship ended with college girlfriend, Mekena Preston.  Meanwhile, Mekena still feels betrayed by Markus and her sister, Skylar.  Mekena is hired to photograph Lucy Sinclair’s and Benji Paxton's wedding.  Markus is an honorary member of the Sinclair family, so the two are forced to face ea ...more
Rachel
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Markus Reeves hasn’t been playing up to his potential. Frankly, he’s been sucking. But his chance to prove his abilities finally comes when he’s called up to the Assassin’s from the farm team he’s been playing with in Florida. And maybe while he’s back in Tennessee he can do something about the guilt he feels about his breakup with his college girlfriend, Mekena.

Mekena has been hurting since the breakup with Markus. She’s rebuilt her life, turning photography into her career, but not only did s
Shannon Stuckey
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing second chance romance

Face-Off at the Altar was an incredible and emotional journey for Marcus and Mekena. I absolutely loved their goofy side and how hard they loved each other through everything that was thrown at them. Toni Aleo is such an amazing author. I loved getting to revisit the Sinclair's and the Assassins family.
Autumn Breier
5 out of 5 Stars

Face-Off at the Altar is book 12 in the Assassins Series. I really enjoyed Face-off at the Altar and can't wait to continue with the series. I loved Mekena and Markus.
Three Chicks
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Markus Reeves is almost 25 and wants things to change. He’s stuck playing hockey for the Jackson Ninjas but knows the team is falling apart. He wants to play for the Nashville Assassins. He knows Elli Adler can make this happen for him.

He didn't click with the guys, he didn't click with the coach, and most of the time, he just felt like he was worthless.

He’s been playing like crap-too much partying, too much playing around and not enough giving a damn about this team. Marcus
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
“ you’re my best friend, my soulmate, my laugh, my smile, my heart… my everything”

I can’t believe that Face-off at the Altar is the first book that I read in the Assassins series. Even if it’s a standalone, I wished I had read the other books before, to know more about the secondary characters( that I loved) and about Markus and Mekena’s past.

Markus and Mekena return to Nashville to celebrate Lucy and Benji’s wedding. Their pasts and their worlds seem to complicate everything between them, an
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Toni, what can I say. I'm packing a bag and moving to Tennessee after this one. I need to spend more time with the Sinclair family and all of the Assassins. This book has bumped to my favorite. I know I say that after each one comes out, but this is for sure one of my top reads for 2016.

Here is the simplest of reviews: It really is an epilogue to Rushing the Goal. That's it! Epilogues rock ---so hooha! Great read! No really. Fans of the series will love this book. Lucy and Benji are getting mar
Maddy's Reading
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a second-chance love story. Marcus and Makena dated when they were in college but one incident tore them apart. Now a couple of years later, they both meet at their mutual friend's wedding.
Marcus is completely focussed on his NHL career but can't help feeling there is a piece of him still missing. He is in pain over his fall-out with Makena but he still loves her so much. Maken is a strong and independent woman who dared to pursue her passion of photography as her career. All she wants i
Becca
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We finally get Marcus' story - the unofficial other Sinclair brother.

I loved Marcus and Mekena is the past and was happy to see their story finally getting a book. This book is fun (Set at Lucy & Benji's wedding) with the whole assassin's gang part of the story line. It's also full of all kinds of emotions.

You know when reading an assassin's book by Toni you'll get great hockey, a story full of heart and sizzling passion plus never wanting the story to end.
Sarah ♥
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sports, family-ties
The two main characters acted extremely immature. I realize that they were both young but the author kept talking about how mature the heroine was for her age throughout the book. It didn't come across that way to me. I'm not really a fan of young adult books. It was still nice to catch up with other Assassins players and couples. Looking forward to the next book.
Bethe
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
More of the same from the Tennessee Assassins hockey team - this time starring a call up from the farm team. A little slow getting going - no bedroom action until 50% mark and no hockey action until 75%. Anyone else think Mekena was annoyingly whiny? At least Markus likes to read!
Crazychriss889
downplaying sexual abuse...
huge double standards...
girl who keeps her virginity while guy is out there doing his thing...
nope!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Catching Fireflies (Chasing Butterflies #2)
  • Slap Shot (Hot Ice, #3)
  • Kiss Marry Kill (Iron Clad Security, #1)
  • Down by Contact (Seattle Lumberjacks, #3)
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Marek (Cold Fury Hockey, #11)
  • Wanted: Found (Kindle Worlds Novella)
  • Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2)
  • Art of Forgiveness (Stern Family Saga, #2)
  • Game Changer (Bomb Squad #3)
  • Puck Bunny
  • In It To Win It (Deadlines & Diamonds, #2)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)
  • Bennett (On the Line, #2)
  • Flutter
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • Caught in a Jam (Love and Skate, #4)
  • Because It's You (Carolina Rebels, #2)
My name is Toni Aleo, and I’m a #PredHead, #sherrio, #potterhead, and part of the #familybusiness!
I am also a wife to my amazing husband, mother of a gamer and a gymnast, and also a fur momma to Gaston el Papillion.
While my beautiful and amazing Shea Weber has been traded from my Predators, I’m still a huge fan. But when I’m not cheering for him, I’m hollering for the whole Nashville Predators sin

Nashville Assassins (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Taking Shots (Assassins, #1)
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Breaking Away (Assassins, #6)
  • Laces and Lace (Assassins, #7)
  • Wanting to Forget (Assassins, #9)
  • Overtime (Assassins, #10)
  • Rushing the Goal (Assassins, #11)
  • Delayed Call (Assassins, #13)
“You give me butterflies when I thing about you” 2 likes
“Well, my beautiful girlfriend, you are about to be one lucky lady."

She beamed. "Ryan Reynolds wants to make a baby with me?"

He paused and then shook his head. "What the fuck? You dig Deadpool?"

She nodded. "Hell yeah, I do, he's sexy."

"I'm naked here, you just took advantage of me, and you are calling some other dude sexy?"

She smiled. "Yes, because I love you and find you sexy. But that doesn't matter, carry on,”
2 likes