Start by marking “Lover” as Want to Read:

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  853 Ratings  ·  252 Reviews
The attraction was undeniable.
I couldn’t escape him.
I didn’t want to.
I was his.
He was mine.
But he wasn’t my husband.

My once treasured marriage was now flawed and imperfect.
By the time the guilt set in, it was too late.
Reality was trying to keep me away from my obsession.
My husband was that reality.
My obsession was West.

But West was forbidden. Taken. Married.
We were swinger
Published June 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Lover (stand-alone). Swinging couples get more than they bargain for when feelings enter the bedroom!

“Maybe that’s what’s so appealing— the fact that he could toss me around and dirty me up.”

Lover (stand-alone) follows two couples as they decide to become swingers.

Former ice hockey pro West Holden and his wife have always been open-minded sexually so swinging seems like the perfect distraction. For special needs teacher Piper Callahan, Pipes and her husband swinging will be the last
Elizabeth
"This is swinging."
description

Lover is a steamy contemporary romance written by Marni Mann and Gia Riley. This is their second collaborative work, and once again they have delivered a creative masterpiece with complex character relationships, passion, and enough twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat for the entire read.

description
"There's only so much distance two people can put between themselves before they're each going in opposite directions, permanently."
Piper Callahan is desperate to rekin
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, taboo

➦If the subject of swinging isn't something you'd like to read about then you better stop right here.

➦And I'm not talking about that kind of swinging. ↑↑↑ lol Ok, assuming you're just as perverted open minded as myself and you're still reading this, I also have to go ahead and tell you there's cheating in the book.

➦Guessed it, not that kind of cheating either. ↑↑↑ Are you still reading? Ok good, because there's really nothing else you need to know. This book is crazy HOT and you'd be happy to k
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
 photo ARC BANNER_zpsll5r858b.jpg  photo Untitled_zpsitqz92qp.jpg
 photo goodreads border_zpsy5xc8i94.jpg
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Review is also posted on my blog
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

How far would you go to save your marriage?

LOVER: Is a standalone ADULT FICTION/ EROTICA Novel by Marni Mann & Gia Riley and is also written in dual POV (West & Piper)

West and Piper are both to a sorts unhappy in their marriages, West has just been released from ice hockey due to one too many knock outs the only thing keeping his marriage fresh and alive is their active sex life, without that they have nothing.

Piper is ho
Shabby- BookBistroBlog
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH. MY . GAWWWD !
When These two DIRTY girls -Gia & Marni , write together, there should be a Statutory Warning attached the book - Read , wearing a skirt, sitting on an AC vent!!!
THE HOTTEST book of this year ...Bar NONE!
West Holden maybe the Hottest Hockey player created this year . He and his wife , Tilly are pretty uber cool couple. Very much comfortable with their sexual appetites and have somewhat of an open marriage. And They're happy with that.
Cannon and Piper are another couple whos
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

To say that this story completely took me out of my comfort zone, is an understatement. But if you really have to think about it, isn’t that the reason why we read? We want to be pushed out into unknown territories and be scared and thrilled at the same of the uncharted waters that we see lurking around. So what do we do? Do we give in, or just stick to our normal safe reads? I chose to give in and let m tell you, I regret nothing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Piper has been married for four years to a man
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By Marni Mann and Gia Riley
5 Sizzling Hot Stars

Finished this one yesterday but had to find relief before jotting down my thoughts on this book! Marni Mann and Gia Riley sure do work great together, coming up with the hottest books around.

This one is no exception…

Piper and Cannon are in a dry spell in their marriage. Even the vacation to a hot tropical romantic spot did nothing for them. Piper starts surfing the internet to figure out a way to ‘spice’ up their marriage.

West and Tilly are
Alex ♈
warhawke
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of unconventional romance
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

After four years of marriage, the sparks that was once there no longer burning for Piper and Cannon. Feeling lonely and desperate to fix her marriage, Piper found a swinging website that could be the answer to their problem. And they jumped into it when Cannon thought it's what would make her happy.

West Holden was a professional hockey player at a crossroad of his career. He was having a hard time coping with changes in
Bibi
Jul 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
DNF @30%

Swinging couples who end up cheating. What's worse is that West and Piper are not the most likable protagonists.

Also, the pace at which the cheating escalated was too fast. One minute they meet, swing, then immediately start sexting and sending boob n dic pics. I mean, really? Smh. That's just wrong on so many sedimentary rock levels.

Let's not forget that West, prior to the swinging and stuff, had been fantasising about the mysterious female runner (surprise! Turns out it was Piper). Bo
Nicola
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Well this was unexpected. And in the very best possible way. I went into Lover suspecting it may take me out of my comfort zone a bit, which is no bad thing, but seemingly not, suggesting that deep down I may be a tad immoral.

description

“...it’s the perfect time to shake things up.”

With her marriage to lawyer, Cannon hitting stalemate and at a loss why, Piper decides to spice things up searching online for a couple who may be able help, where she makes contact with Tilly; wife former NHL player, West an
CC
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Feeling lonely and as though her marriage is failing, Piper is desperate to connect with her husband and reignite the spark they once had. After trying to reach out to Cannon without success, Piper starts to research nontraditional methods to save her marriage. Upon agreeing to experiment with swinging, Piper hopes such exploration will bring them closer together.

“There’s only so much distance two people can put between themselves before they’re each going in opposite directions permanently.”
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

OMG!!!!

I pretty much jumped into this book without knowing anything about the authors, their writing style or what the book would be about, all I knew was that the two couples were swingers!!!! Call me intrigued!!

Shout out to the authors - this book was AMAZING!!! I was stoked to find authors that colored outside the lines. This is what I NEED more often, books that rattle the cages and authors not afraid to write something a bit more controversial. I adore writers that are more open t
Dee Montoya
4 Delicious Stars****

Marni Mann and Gia Riley have created a delicious and sinful story that is going to make you blush, and fantasize about very naughty things. I had such a great time reading this book; the collaboration between these two authors was seamless and absolutely decadent. There are a few scenes there that I will be nominating for hottest sex of the year in a book. Watch out for Lover and make sure not to miss it!

photo 73AAC376-9FA3-4554-A187-C291F5C3BE11_zpsgivyzc2g.jpg

Piper Callahan and her husband have been married for a few years but
Malene_D *BadAndDirtyBooks*
DNF @70%

I can't believe I'm saying this but Lover had too damn much sex, and I need sex that has a purpose in my stories. All the sex became annoying and it took attention away from the characters and the story. At no point did I connect with Piper, like her or West. I really tried but the story lacked substance and I didn't buy Piper's reason for swinging. Piper and her husband Cannon never felt compatible so that little twist didn't surprise me.
The writing was stellar and it definitely starte
Myla
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

Lover is a story of two couples who engaged in so called “swinging”.(view spoiler).

Piper felt there’s something wrong or missing in her marriage. Her husband, Cannon, is there to support whatever she thinks is best to resolve it, and bring back the spark in their marriage. The only solution Piper could
Mirjam

"Promise me, it'll always be this good."
"I can't, because it's only going to get better."

West Holden, 28, a professional ice-hockey player and captain of his team in Boston finds himself forcibly leaving his much loved career. Not able to cope he decides to move to Tilly’s, his wife, hometown in Florida. Both of them are sexually open-mindedWe don’t have a traditional marriage so when Tilly wants to swing, West agrees.

Tilly’s going to watch me fuck another woman.
And I’m going to watch her fuck
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥

Plot: 4
Characters: 4
Scorching Level: 5
HEA: Um... Not telling

What a ride!!! This book shouldn't have worked for me because it has elements I don't usually find enticing in my reads (namely cheating) but, my God! I seriously loved every single word of Lover. What a fantastic collaboration.
Piper and Cannon have come face to face with their troubled marriage. They both want to make
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:

“It's not research, and it certainly isn't to pass the time in the middle of the night. This is swinging.”

It's been awhile since my last swing (?), swinging? Haha I mean, there probably is, but the most memorable that I could remember and loved because the scenes are just so hot and epic is Julia and Brad. (And if you know them, kudos!)
“Why the fuck am I thinking about Piper and not the woman lying next to me?”

I love this kind of story because it has a good conflict and I always
Carlabulian
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4,5. Livro gostoso de ler, com uma trama tão envolvente e tão hot.... Apesar de já ter lido um tema igual ao do livro, a autora conseguiu fazer uma história super legal, que coube em um livro só e sem ser rápida na narração.
Adorei!
Janey
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, june-2017
I can believe the unbelievable, because it's fiction. But I think a good book has certain qualities to get you invested, and when you find them missing, it just doesn't work for you. This wasn't enough for me..
♥ D r i  ♥
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
3,8 HOT stars!

Eu virei fã da autora depois que li "Animal".
Quando li a sinopse de "Lover" fiquei logo interessada e curiosa, então quando lançou me joguei neh!?
Eu gostei bastante da narrativa e do enredo em si.
Ainda estou em dúvida sobre meu sentimento em relação a Piper... Achei os pov's dela um pouco repetitivos e isso acabou pesando.
E teve uma parte que eu fui surpreendida porque não esperava. \o/
No geral foi bom, leitura rápida e gostei bastante.
Ann Massad
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017-arc
4 SWINGING STARS
How far would you be willing to go to "fix" your marriage? What would you be willing to do?
We meet Piper and Cannon, on a romantic trip to Belize, to help them reconnect.

"I don’t know what else I can do. I’ve Googled ways to bring the spark back into our marriage. Each day, I’ve worn sexy dresses and tiny bikinis to the pool. I scheduled romantic beachside dinners and late-night desserts in bed, but they’ve done nothing. The only thing that excites him these days is work. When s
Shari Kay
Jun 10, 2017 marked it as skip-it
skipping for fairly obvious reasons for me
Ela
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
I just didn't get it. I felt the reasons for rescuing their marriages/getting revenge were weak and just made no sense to make this story good.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-2017
Lover by Marni Mann and Gia Riley
4 stars!!!

“…if you keep worrying about making other people happy, everyone will be happy but you. You have to figure out how to love yourself first.”

So, this dynamic duo has once again teamed up to give us readers a “holy hotness” fest in the form of a book about swingers. This is not a subject you see in many books and in fact I have only read about it once before, which is surprising, considering the genre that I am constantly reading. But this read was muc
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017

The story is about Piper and she is married but she feels something isn’t right in her life and she is a bit lost and doesn’t know how to fix things so she starts looking into trying to spice things up. In hopes it will help get her closer to her husband again. But what she doesn’t know is her husband has a secret.

When she joins a swinger’s website in hopes that it will help. this is where we meet West and his wife. You will fall in love with Piper and West. I really did. And you get both Piper
EscapeNBooks
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lover by Authors Marni Mann and Gia Riley is a swinger novel and a forbidden romance with some added morsels from the sport’s world.

“If you loved me as much as you say you do, you wouldn’t have needed choices. There wouldn’t have been a backup plan or a fallback guy. I’d have been enough. But I’m not.”

Mundane. Predictable. Same old, same old. This is what life has become for West and Tilly, Piper and Cannon. No spark. No fire. Sure both partners in each couple love one another. But it's not enou
Damjana
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved this book up to 70%. It was at least for 4 stars.
But after 70% - I almost DNF. It was like someone else wrote last 30% - it was unnecessary "drama" and I really hate people like Tilly, they made me too anxious.
Saunders
West and his wife Tilly were swingers. They didn't have the usual conventional marriage. They liked to share.

Piper and Cannon do have a "conventional" marriage but clearly something had gone wrong because Cannon's focus was now on his phone or on his job.

To get them back on course Piper suggests "swinging" to Cannon and of course he agrees.....but Cannon is hiding something and that something doesn't come out until much further into the story.

I liked the premise of this one and thought it would
Bestselling author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Marni was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotions. A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida, with her husban ...more
More about Marni Mann...