Start by marking “A Million Thoughts” as Want to Read:
A Million Thoughts

A Million Thoughts

4.74  ·  Rating details ·  125 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Learn all about meditation from the Himalayan mystic

Each one of us is a master of infinite possibilities at a universal scale. Through meditation we experience our own magnificence; our true potential.

Drawing on his experience of thousands of hours of earnest and strenuous meditation, renowned sage Om Swami pens a guide to help channelize unruly, futile thoughts and turn
Published December 1st 2016 by Black Lotus

To ask other readers questions about A Million Thoughts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Million Thoughts

Bharath Ramakrishnan
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are not too many books around which detail methods to meditate. “A Million Thoughts” is one of the few which is a fairly comprehensive guide – has excellent material around why you should meditate, how to go about it correctly and what you can expect from meditation.

The basic principles around meditation, the types of mediation and what each one offers is explained very well.

The book scores, since other than relating his personal experiences, Om Swami has sprinkled the book with excellen
Sage Adderley
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Million Thoughts is a beautiful collaboration about meditation, stories, and the personal journey of Om Swami. I believe things and people come into your life when you need them most, and I feel that way about A Million Thoughts. Om Swami writes in an easy-to-follow way, and his voice comes through as humble and loving. I was in awe over how in-depth he went into the practice of meditation. I no longer felt overwhelmed with the idea. It seems attainable after reading this piece of work. I am g ...more
Vibhu Ashok
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Discover the infinite potential within...Unravel the universe of mind... Read it to see for yourself the Immense potential

When it comes to review a book which takes you to infinite possibilities, then it becomes very difficult to express exactly what has happened with the person after reading it, but let me start with few sentences that flows through:

First of all, I would like to say, I love to read books related to self development, as they provide push to move forward in spiritual path and in
Kumar Vikash
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lifechanging
This book is an exception in terms of practices needed to reach the pinnacle of Meditation . Use it as a reference manual to keep a check on your progress in Meditation. Also the narrative style of Om Swami ji makes such the book extremely interesting read.
However bringing the book in your daily practice is really what matters.
Sanjay Nayak
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A gem of a book. It helps a lot when the author has himself experienced bliss and hence can share his personal experience. There are no personal philosophies or rituals to follow. The book provides simple rules to follow.
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book!
I have been doing meditation for years, successfully. This was hands down the best instructive meditation book I have ever read! 95% of the reviews on Amazon are 5 stars! I have half the book highlighted for future use. This is definitely a keeper. Even though I am able to meditate there are a few things in this book that are new to me and I would love to try.

Meditation literally saved my life. If you don't meditate its hard to understand, its even hard for me to explain, I was a
Girish Pednekar
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Encyclopedia of Meditation!
First of all I offer my obeisance at Swamiji's lotus feet. This review I am writing is nowhere judging Swamiji's work. It is just to help fellow readers to make the right choice for selecting the book. As I said in headline, this book is An Encyclopedia of Meditation. I have never seen such thorough book in the past with so much practical guidelines. The most important thing to note here is each and every word written in book is verified first hand by Swamiji. There is
Bradley Knox
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't speak for the rest of America, but I can certainly speak for myself in saying that I find myself quite often lost in a mire of conflicting feelings. Lost in the confusion of technology, lust for material possessions and a million other superficial worries and concerns. A general feeling of vague and hard-to-define dissatisfaction with the trappings of modern life and the meaning of my 'true' inner self, and where I am heading or what I really should be doing. In my search for just the mo ...more
Reads_21
One Stop Shop Meditation

This one is a MASTERPIECE!
One Stop Shop for Everything Meditation! Nothing else is required, if you really wish to go down the path of meditation - this is IT.
What is Meditation? What it is not? virtues a meditator must have, hurdles in meditation, the principles, types of meditation and much more. Spirited Meditation – Wow!

As usual in the most simple terms, Swamiji has beautifully expounded on how to master the art of meditation. There are so many myths that I had about
Sudhir
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!

There are some books which you can't put down even after you are done reading it as it takes god amount of efforts, focus practice and assimilation. This is one of them.
This is not just a feel-good five-minute exercise. It is a systematic approach to wipe off the tendencies that you’ve been carrying along with you over countless lifetimes. You look at the whole and you see the parts. You understand the parts and you grasp the whole.

This is definitely a master piece for those who h
Anil
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The author does a very good job of vocalizing some of the stages that you go through during a meditation session. Very useful for anyone who is trying to practice meditation and is getting frustrated on whether they are doing it right or not. I especially like the short stories that the author has illustrated at the beginning of every chapter to highlight the topic.
Mehul
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally. If you are a seeker and know more or basic about meditation then your search cones to end. Om swami covers all the basics to become a perfectionist in meditation when you itself becomes meditation. A perfect read and to implement.
Raghav Aggiwal
If you are looking for one book to describe it all, this is the one. If you need the Authorial expertise, this is the one. If you need unbuttered words, this is the one. Just go for it.
Michael McLellan
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don’t practice meditation, and I don’t know exactly what I was expecting from this book. I certainly didn’t expect to be so fascinated. It’s engaging, insightful, exceedingly well-written, and regardless of your personal spiritual beliefs or religion, it harbors take-aways for every human being on this planet. The section on compassion, truthfulness, gratitude, empathy, humility, and faith, is alone worth the price of admission, and there are fables, folklore, and poetry mixed in that provide ...more
Aaditya Khandelwal
This book has great insights for our life, mind and meditation.

A must read for all. Specially to people working in a job or entrepreneurs. This will help to attain a better state and develop a sense of well being.

Mind gets calmer if implementing the topics discussed about. And the Language is simple and very easy to understand with various examples that clear the concepts about the topics.

Recommend to read once or repeatedly. :)
Gina Stamper
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Brilliant, yet simple. That is the way I would describe this novel. It is a self-help novel that is easy to understand and I think those are the best kinds. We don’t want to be bogged down with information we don’t “get” and I think that Om Swami has a masterful way of making sure that is the case. Dive into this novel and find your better self.
atal sharma
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book. Covers all types if meditations techniques.

An excellent book. Covers all types of meditations techniques. Will clear all your doubts on meditation.
Thanks Swami ji. Om Tat Sat.
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
This was a really insightful book, since I have started Yoga I have wanted to delve into practising mediation but I feel so overwhelmed about it all.
Om Swami has created a book that covers many types of meditation - which I didn't realise there was more than one! and also describes the various stages that you go through during a meditation session. It really was an insightful read to open myself up to the reasons behind mediation and the benefits of it, and also what to expect.

A Million Thought
Parag
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A million thoughts by Om Swami
Jaico Publishing House 2017
It was just a coincidence that I wanted to read up something on meditation and this title caught my attention at the Delhi airport book store.
The profile of the author is very interesting. A successful businessman turned mystic, the author makes meditation really simple in this book. I thought that it may be heavily laden with difficult to grasp concepts on meditation. I really liked the small anecdotes that each chapter is started with
prithvi krishna
Jul 07, 2017
Neeraj Bhuyan
May 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

“When we cling to a thought or follow its track, we are performing a mental karma, and that, in turn, is the seed of all physical actions.” 1 likes
“When you continue to practice a certain emotion as a conscious choice, it soon becomes your second nature. It” 0 likes