Start by marking “Opening the Door of Your Heart: And other Buddhist tales of happiness” as Want to Read:
Opening the Door of Your Heart: And other Buddhist tales of happiness

Opening the Door of Your Heart: And other Buddhist tales of happiness

Opening the Door of Your Heart
Published October 29th 2015 by Hachette Australia

To ask other readers questions about Opening the Door of Your Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Opening the Door of Your Heart

Iantony
I bought this book prior my birthday and finished it after my birthday! I rarely read a self-help or philosophy book that I want to reread in the future or I put on my favorite book list, until I read this wonderful book.

First thing first, you have to be open minded to really get the gist of this book. Yes, it is written by a Buddhist monk, but all the insights from this book could apply to many aspects of your life regardless of your beliefs.

For an underachiever or people with lack of motivat
Krishna Kamath
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book this is.. It's surely among the ones I will treasure and read to my kids. The sad part is it's not easily available in India.. But if you do manage to get your hands on this one I'd say you'll enjoy it so much you may finish it in a day and read it again!
marina
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Life is simple, and Ajahn Brahm knows it.

A series of short, inspiring, funny stories reminds you what living is all about and makes you go back to it over and over again.
Marty
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this great little book Ajahn Brahm regales us with 108 (often extremely funny) Buddhist stories. Many are modern interpretations or anecdotes from his own life which he relates to ancient teachings. Many will leave you in stitches as he makes great use of humour to get the point across.

I am not a Buddhist, but loved this book and the wisdom he expounds. Highly recommended for anyone who sees the two crooked bricks in their wall instead of all the rest that are laid perfectly (read the book to
Kat
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This collection of short Buddhist parables is easy to read and could be easily dipped into if you're looking for inspiration. A few of the stories make reference to earlier ones in the book but as each is a maximum of 3 pages long you can easily flick back and read those too. Some made me laugh out loud and others made me stop and think.
Stefan Vidaković
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simple and wise stories. Lots of humor.
Marko Subaric
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book everyone should read. As simple as that.
Lynn Dickerson
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some lovely stories that help one to have a different perspective on this hard life. Don't worry Christian friends, I'm not abandoning JC, but I really do like the way the Buddhists think
Jelena
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kakva knjiga !
Kandyb
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautiful. It was insightful and I can definitely see myself re-reading to help me through certain situations in my life. Ajahn is also suprisingly funny and I love that I got to see abit into the life of a monk and what it is like for them.
Julio D'escrivan
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love every chapter. I re-read this frequently. It is full of surprising insight that promotes mindfulness.
Slavena
Gabriela Petrovajová
Jun 09, 2018
Alex
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this after my Vipassana meditation retreat. Good follow up from the discourse. Enjoyed all the 108 short stories which are very applicable to day to day life. A book that could be revisited in the future for reference.

Book was a loan from Karen.
Jen Goh