Start by marking “Without Merit” as Want to Read:
Without Merit

Without Merit

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  241 Ratings  ·  171 Reviews
In Colleen Hoover’s gripping novel, reminiscent of the bestselling works of Liane Moriarty and Jojo Moyes, a young woman decides to reveal the dark secrets of her seemingly-happy family before she leaves them behind, but when her escape plan fails, she must deal with the staggering consequences of telling the truth.
Expected publication: October 3rd 2017 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Without Merit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Without Merit

Chelsea Humphrey
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chelsea by: Laura Rash
Shelves: from-publisher
There is always a great deal of pressure when reviewing a highly anticipated novel before it’s release date. When this magical ARC was delivered to my doorstep and I read the press release, I knew this would be a really special read. I cleared my entire TBR schedule to be able to read this book immediately and I regret nothing. If you are the type who likes to go into a book fully blind, I’m going to stop right here and encourage that you to wait until you get your hands on Without Merit before ...more
Kimi
Jan 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Update

I don't want a freaking excerpt, I want the whole book! Is that too much to ask?

---
Update
What am I supposed to do with my life until October 3rd?

----
I don't even care what this book is about. I would read CoHo's grocery list.

Can I have it now? Thank you.
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

So many secrets in this house. And yet, the one secret I should have told years ago is the one I’ve kept the quietest.

Colleen Hoover is one of best authors I've ever read and her books are always sitting at the top of my recommendations lists for every kind of reader! Her books are absorbing, her characters are endearing, and each new story she writes is unique, relatable, and thought provoking. She has a very distinctive writing style that I absolutely love, I also respect and admire her a
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 06, 2016 marked it as to-read
Oh my God! Even the damn cover gives me chills. 😌😌

Expected Publication : October 3, 2017

-------------------------

YESSSSS! New book from my Queen!!! ❤

Lala BooksandLala
Opening line: "I have an impressive collection of trophies that I did not win."
Give. It. To. Me.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Right off the bat I just want to say, there’s not much I can tell you about the plot of this book. I really want to, but it’s all just one giant spoiler, and I don’t want to be that person so please don’t put that on me. What I can say, is that from the very beginning of this book Colleen Hoover keeps you on your toes and you have no idea where she will go next with this story.

I also want to make one thing clear, this book is unlike anything else Hoover has written. She’s said so herse
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars ❤❤❤❤❤

I loved Without Merit so much it was a powerful, intense,fun and emotional story.From the beginning to end the journey is riveting!Colleen Hoover completely drew me into Merit's and the other members of her family story!

Merit is a unique heroine, I love her and I could relate with her.My heart was aching for her, she and her family doesn't communicate and can’t seem to find a solution to their problems as a family.All the characters have to deal with issues.There are some secrets be
Bibi
Sep 15, 2017 marked it as priority-to-read
OMG....I just read an excerpt of this book and my heart is pounding. Gosh darnit, CH isn't playing!
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
The need to have this book in my hands right now hurts so much.
Anjanette Guerrero
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Colleen is a lying asshole.

She said that she wanted to write a light, fun YA after writing IEWU. Yes, many parts of this book were fun. So many laugh out loud and "oh shit, I know someone is gonna get offended by that" moments. (Nothing anyone should really get offended by btw - just pure comedy).

Anyway, yes - hilarious! The Voss family is a freaking riot! But light?! HELL. NO.

Freaking liar, lying pants.

I was hooked from the start. I devoured this book in two days. I would have finished it i
Amy (Foxy)
Loved it
Review to come!

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
RELEASE DATE: October 3, 2017
Pre-order | order: http://amzn.to/2rPmE4r

STANDALONE

**Complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.**

descriptive text here
Follow Foxy Blogs at: BlogTwitterInstagramFacebook
Warda
Sep 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
So I'm not the biggest fan of Hoover, but Maybe Someday and It Ends With Us were incredible reads for me. So when the excerpt for this book was released, I had to read it straight away AND OH MY GOODNESS I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW TO BLESS MY SIGHT! In typical CoHo style, this book is going to probably be heart wrenching as fuck and I cannot wait for it! 😍
Taylor Knight
Colleen Hoover is, without a doubt, my favorite author. I haven't read a book from her that I didn't love, that I didn't stay up until 1am so I could finish it, and Without Merit is no exception.
I read the whole book in one sitting and I couldn't put it down.

Review to come. <3
Caitlin
Dec 20, 2016 marked it as to-read
I honestly don't care what this is, I'll read anything by CoHo.
I love everything that Colleen Hoover writes. I have read and loved every single one of her books. So for that reason Without Merit was my most anticipated book of 2017. I almost started crying when I received an unexpected copy in my mailbox.

For those who follow Coho on social media she has said that Without Merit is unlike anything that she has ever written. I would agree with that assessment. This book is nothing like any of her other books.

I went into this book completely blind, knowing noth
Jiana
Dec 20, 2016 marked it as to-read
Update June/2/2017: WE !!! HAVE !!! A !!! COVER!!! I REPEAT, WE HAVE A COVER!! AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL! OCTOBER 3rd CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH!

Dec/20/2016: I NEED THIS NOW
FMABookReviews

❝Don't make your presence known. Make your absence felt.❞

You know that feeling you get when you go into a book expecting one thing, but get something totally different, yet infinitely better than you could have expected? NO? Then you need to read Without Merit!

Without Merit is odd, it's quirky and funny. It is also filled with emotional upheaval and hidden gems on which to ponder.

❝There's something freeing about refusing to stress over stressful situations. No matter how much thought or ti
Maram
8/9/2017:

Less than one month left ... I repeat, LESS THAN ONE MONTH LEFT UNTIL COHO STABS ME WITH THE PINS THAT ARE ON THIS BOOK'S COVER.

Brandie
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, ya, arc, read-2017
And she does it again. I had really high expectations, and I wasn't disappointed. I LOVED this book so much!!
Proper review to come closer to release date.
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this! So different from her other books. Review to come closer to release xx

Gabby
THANK YOU ATRIA FOR SENDING ME AN ARC, I SUPER APPRECIATE IT.
This book is so... unique, and refreshing and different and strangely addicting. This is nothing like any of Colleen Hoover's other books... But I liked it. It's more focused on family and mental health than romance, which I actually appreciated. Merit is such an interesting character, and her family is unlike any other family I've ever read about before. Every character stands out and has their own issues and stories going on. She has
Alex ★ Comets and Comments ★
Aug 31, 2017 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: the aliens when they ask who our leader is
Without Merit ★ Most Anticipated 2017
Expected publication: October 3rd 2017

description

If the cover of this book is any indication to how kickass, badass and amazingass this book will be. My body is not ready.
Dilek VT
Sep 15, 2017 marked it as undecided  ·  review of another edition
Neither the blurb nor the excerpt I read today appealed to me...

Still, I am undecided. Maybe I'll read, maybe not... I need my friends' reviews first :)

Wanna read the excerpt? It's here:
AleJandra
Mar 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
Me gustó mucho la portada, y lo poco que nos dicen en la sinopsis.
description

Espero ver más a la CoHo de Too Late y no a la CoHo de Confess.
Carmen (Oh, the Book Feels!)  Seda
Wow. Just... wow. This book hit close to home, and I definitely could NOT put this one down (but that's usual for a CoHo book). I also loved how romance was not a focal point in this novel. I don't want to say much, but I will say that I absolutely loved this book, and I can't wait till it's released out into this world. (Also. Anyone else notice who has a small cameo?! Literally said "yaaaaaas" as I read it LOL)
Ishmeen
Jun 02, 2017 marked it as to-read
THAT COVER OML IM READY FOR THE FEELS
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"You bury me."

Colleen Hoover. I remember the first time I ever picked up a CoHo novel. Way back when in 2012 when I just happened to stumble upon it on Goodreads. I decided to read a few pages of that book and then ended up finishing it in one sitting. That's when I met Will and was forever changed. Does that make me sound overdramatic?

Point of Retreat came out and I devoured the absolute shit out of it. Then the next time I would pick up another book by Colleen would be when Hopeless came out.
Deborah Obida
Sep 15, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: romance, new-adult
What was that!

I just read the excerpt and it was great, I have no idea what the chapter is but I love it!

I knew that kiss was too good to be true. CoHo not fair, Oct couldn't come sooner cause I need it now.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
I received an Arc in exchange for my review.