Start by marking “At Attention (Out of Uniform, #2)” as Want to Read:
At Attention (Out of Uniform, #2)

At Attention

(Out of Uniform #2)

Lieutenant Apollo Floros can ace tactical training missions, but being a single dad to his twin daughters is more than he can handle. He needs live-in help, and he's lucky a friend's younger brother needs a place to stay. He's surprised to see Dylan all grown up with a college degree…and a college athlete's body. Apollo's widowed heart may still be broken, but Dylan has hi ...more
Published April 10th 2017 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about At Attention, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Attention

Start your review of At Attention (Out of Uniform, #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways: age gap, flirting, slow burn, hurt/comfort, passionate sexy times (Apollo has a thing for mirrors), and a beautiful HEA.

Apollo is a widower raising two young girls on his own. His husband, Neal, passed away two years ago, and Apollo’s grief is like a noose around his neck; he hasn’t moved on at all. Watching Apollo cocoon himself in the bedroom he shared with Neal is heartbreaking.

But Apollo knew well and good that wishes were nothing more tha
Gigi

Holy dirty talk! I have to tell you, I have read just about every book Annabeth Albert has published and this is the hottest sex I have read by her to date. Just filthy, dirty, toppy, alpha male deliciousness. I can recommend reading it for the sex scenes alone! And mirror sex. MIRROR SEX! A personal weakness. Mirror sex!

Gotta do some obligatory example GIFs, of course.

“I want it like this because I want to see your face as you take my cock.” Dylan’s whole body clenched at that sugge
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Annabeth Albert is one of my favorite authors, and she delivers again with a great military man, age-gap romance.

I have a love/hate relationship with stories involving second chances at love after a previous partner has passed away. When they work, they blow me away, but sometimes having the ghost of a former lover hanging over a new relationship can be a bit... heavy. This book felt heavy, but I really liked it anyway.

I'm a big fan of an age gap, and the age gap here was just to my liking. I
☆ Todd
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it

While this story was good, it totally didn't blow me away. It almost felt like I'd read something pretty similar before, so it didn't really cover very much new ground for me.

I'm not sure exactly why, but even by the end of the story, I still only really felt like I knew Apollo, the alpha Navy SEAL suffering from grief, and Dylan, the best friend's kid brother with the remnants of a teenage crush, on a fairly surface-level basis.

I think that maybe a few flashback scenes with Apollo and Neal
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Unicorn Group Review!

Unpopular Opinion Ahead. Please don’t stone me.

If you had told me prior to reading this I'd be rating it anything less than 4 hearts I would've been all, 'the hell you say!' and maybe hit your face with my glove (lightly, because lady). Just reading the blurb had me all lightheaded and inspired an overwhelming urge to spin around in a field of bluebonnets. I mean, age difference, size difference, second chance romance, possessive MC all reduce me to zombie arms and possibl
~Mindy Lynn~
Two years ago Apollo lost his husband, Neal in an accident. Now he's alone and raising their young twin daughters by following a strict schedule. He has help from his mother and sometimes from his mothers-in-law. He's set in his ways and has no plans for love or relationships. Dylan is young but serious. When he was younger he had a crush on Apollo that never really went away even when he was crushed when Apollo got married. It's been eight years since he and Apollo have laid eyes on each other. ...more
Dia
5 HOT stars!

This book kept me up ALL night. Well I ended up sleeping for ONE whole hour, before going to work.

I thought I'll read only a few chapters before going to sleep, but ended wide awake until 5.30 A.M. The very definition of reading in one sitting. And I LOVED each page, each scene, each chapter!

This is my first book by Annabeth Albert and I adored her writing style! The pull between the characters is almost palpable, SO much sexual chemistry, SO many hot scenes. It also has some bear
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m

Enjoyed this one a lot. This series keeps getting better! There's not much military action going on here but the book is about a military single dad who has lost his husband and is having hard time moving on. Until a younger guy comes around for the summer to help him out with the kids. Ugh, it was cute and hot and a bit heartbreaking, if I'm being honest.
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Sabrina

I practically jumped on this book the minute I read the blurb because it has everything I could ask for in a book. Two sexy as hell guys, brothers-best-friend trope, an age gap, and a single dad. All a recipe for YUMMY!

I really enjoyed the chemistry between Apollo and Dylan, and it steamed up my Kindle from the very beginning. I haven't read the first book in this series yet, and this one could be read as a standalone with no issues, but I can't wait to get to that one. This author does mm spec
Jaime
A great book. Annabeth has written one awesome Toppy Alpha with Apollo and his perfect counter part and partner with Dylan.

I enjoyed this book in written format even though Apollo was upsetting at times - he was hurting and emotionally crippled by the loss of his husband. It was beautiful watching him be brought back to life by Dylan and the romance as it blossomed between them, much to Apollo's attempts to thwart it.

----
Then I listened to this book and found I loved it even more! The narration
Nazanin
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
4.25 "Joy Making" Stars

"Sometimes the only thing worse than not having something is getting it."

When Dylan was fifteen-year-old, he had a huge crush on his brother’s best friend, Apollo, who was twenty-six-year-old. Now eight years later, Dylan has come to the city for summer and needs a place. With Apollo’s resistance, eventually he agreed with Dylan staying (but reluctantly). And instead Dylan helps out with Apollo’s girls. After these years, Dylan still likes Apollo so much but there is a lit
Denise H.
Re-read May 9, 2020 Yup, still love it !
Loved this pair ! Magnificent storytelling !
Camo, uniforms, dirty talk, steamy mirror sex, soccer team, twin girls, a busy kitchen, age difference, and oh, did I say steamy mirror sex? LOL ! Yet, there is so much more.
Lt. Apollo Floros, 34, SEAL Trainer, with a crew cut, hazel eyes, lost his husband two years ago, and is raising his twin, 4 1/2 yr. olds.
Dylan, 23, graduated U of O with honors in Children's Psychology, has dark curly hair, is lively, ha
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

This book had a bunch of ingredients that I love in my romance:

Image result for small check mark Best friend's younger brother trope. Even though Dylan's brother, Dustin, didn't appear many times in the book...it was always a factor that weighed heavily on Apollo's mind. And I absolutely adored that this ended up being a non-issue.....adults allowing adults to make their own decisions? Big win in my book.
Image result for small check mark Unrequited love. Oh man, I'm a sucker for this trope. Dylan's crush on Apollo first appeared when he was a t
Nicola
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Older brother's best friend ✔️
Age gap ✔️
Single dad ✔️

All tropes I am a lover of.

"He’d waited eight years for Apollo to see him as more than Dustin’s pesky little brother."

I like an more angsty read and when you have a grieving widower in the mix you can be sure of some of that. And whilst there were many parts of At Attention I did indeed love, they were somewhat over shadowed by the fact that Apollo, grieving widower, single dad and overworked lieutenant, was still very much griev
.Lili.
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
 photo image_zpsw445nc3r.jpg

Annabeth Albert,

This book's got me all giddy!

At Attention is the second installment of the Out of Uniform Series. We met Apollo towards the conclusion of the first book Off Base. We found out he was a widowed father of twin girls. In this book, Apollo allows his best friend's little brother to stay with him for the summer. The only problem is that Dylan is not the awkward teenager with puppy eyes he remembers. He's all grown up now, and Apollo has a hard time keeping his eyes and hands to himse
SheReadsALot
A Group Unicorn Review with Adam and Cupcake

FOUR HEARTS--I've seen this author's work, perused the blurbs and I didn't bite.

But this blurb was the prettiest show pony with SRAL approved buzz words and themes:

widower still grieving after partner's passing (bring on the pain)
widower has kidlets AND needs a manny
manny is the widower's best friend's little brother
best friend's brother has had a crush on widower since his teens
AGE GAP
NAVY SEAL
Karla
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

What a rollercoaster of emotions at least that how I felt about the relationship between Apollo/Dylan.

description

Apollo lost his husband a couple of years ago he mourns him deeply and feels like he'll never love again. Dylan is Apollos's best friend younger brother, Dylan has always had a crush on Apollo. When circumstances brings them face to face they both feel an undeniable attraction to each other.

description

At first I thought I was going to be frustrated with Apollo's push and pull but as the story
~Kristin~
Just Released!!!

At Attention (Out of Uniform #2) by Annabeth Albert

****4.5 Stars****

Before I even read a blurb for this book, knowing it was going to be Apollo's story, I'm not gonna lie....I was so excited.  In Off Base, Apollo was such a force of strength and integrity; you couldn't help but fall in love with him. In all honesty, I'm not always a huge fan of age gap stories, but the idea that he falls for his kids caretaker...I was sold.

From Off Base, we knew the basics of Apollo's story,
Jewel
At Attention, while book 2 in Annabeth Albert's Out of Uniform series, can be read as a stand alone.

Apollo Floros is a Navy SEAL, the father of twin girls, and a widower. When Apollo's husband died two years ago, Apollo stopped living, too. He breathes, he goes to work, he takes care of his daughters, but Apollo has no time for himself. Because that would mean time to think and time to examine his life and time to grieve. Apollo isn't ready for any of those things. He's not ready to move on and
Jeanne
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance

I loved Dylan, and I'm such a sucker for the brother's best friend trope, but Appolo's wishy washy behavior was on my last nerve by three quarters in. gah.
Martin
Remember your best friend's kid brother? That gangly, pimpled 15 year old teen who had the biggest and most embarrassing crush on you, some 8 years ago when you showed up on the back of a butch motorcycle, exploring the Oregon coast with your friend? The kid who looked up to you and asked awkward questions about being gay while you've been in the middle of enjoying your freedom in your mid-twenties, having no patience for a teenager's coming out struggles?

Your life has changed in the meantime. Y
CrabbyPatty

We first met Apollo Floros near the end of Off Base - the tattooed bad-ass warrior ... with a minivan and twin daughters. In At Attention we get his story and oooh, it's a great read packed with hot dirty mirrored sex (as in “I want to watch you come.” Apollo turned them so that Dylan was sitting facing the mirrored closet doors. “Fuck, you are hot.”) as well as deep emotion as Apollo finally coming to terms with his grief over the death of his husband, Neal.

When Apollo's mother / live-in babys
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I find that Annabeth consistently writes a MC that I just really don't like.

And I just really didn't like Apollo. I tried. I did. But he was just too hot and cold with Dylan. He threw too many mixed signals.

Dylan was a lot more forgiving than I would have been. I got where Apollo was coming from but it was too much and it went on for too long.

Apollo didn't ruin it for me but he definitely prevented me from being able to rate this one higher.

I am curious about the next book though..
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I kinda see a theme emerging regarding this particular series, where there’s definitely things I liked, with unfortunately, a few things I didn’t. It basically boils down to being uber frustrated about one of the MC's reluctance to fall in love, while at the same time, totally understanding and sympathizing with why they’re having such difficulties, making it that much harder to really be all that disgruntled.

Poor Apollo. He’s loved and lost, and because of grief and guilt too, he has r
Ele
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military
~4.5 stars~
"Puzzle piece, remember? You make everything else make sense."

Out of Uniform is turning out to be my favorite series by Annabeth Albert. At Attention features Lieutenant Apollo Floros, whom we met in Off Base, and Dylan, his best friend's younger brother. That's a favorite trope of mine! So many things worked great here:

-The contrasts. The MCs are polar opposites, which made the story all the more appealing to me. Dylan is the light to Apollo's darkness. Where Apollo is br
Meags
4 Stars

Lieutenant Apollo Floros is overworked and overtired. He is suffering the loss of his husband two years prior and has been left to raise their two little girls alone. He also works a high stress job training navy SEALS, which often requires him to run out of the house at the drop of a hat when duty calls. What he needs is a little assistance on the home front, someone to help look after his little girls and pick up the slack when he can’t be around himself.

Enter Dylan. Dylan has recently
Christelle
Good premises : a hot military man with 2 adorable twins, a sunny best friend’s brother, age-gap and “opposite-attract”.

Apollo is a grieving widower with 2 twin-daughters to take care of while being a training SEAL officer. During one summer, he reluctantly agrees to have his best friend’s young brother, Dylan, living with him and taking care of his children, as long as Dylan agrees to keep up with his overprotective rules and schedules.
Dylan is a complete contrast to Apollo’s grumpiness but he’
Ami
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fabi
This one has a bit of sad, a bit of angsty, a bit of happy, funny and happy. A bit of everything.

A second chance at love story.

Apollo is a widowed father. Tough and gruff and closed off to any possibility of a new relationship.
I don’t want to feel the things I do for you.
I found him hard to like even as I respected his grief.

Dylan is young. A recent college graduate with an old crush on his brother's best friend.
—he didn’t scare easily, didn’t back down, didn’t stop asking for what he ne
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Sweet Military Romance

I like Apollo as soon as he walked on the pages of book one. And in this book, Dylan, stole my heart. And, the rest of the story simply feel into place. I love this series. I look forward to the next one.

• Hardwood (Four Bears Construction, #3)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • Charlie Sunshine (Close Proximity, #2)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

Out of Uniform (7 books)
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
  • On Point (Out of Uniform #3)
  • Wheels Up (Out of Uniform #4)
  • Squared Away (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Tight Quarters (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • Rough Terrain (Out of Uniform, #7)