Start by marking “Gravity” as Want to Read:
Gravity

Gravity

***Read Royal Atlas before this***

Your first love is nothing to joke about. It’s powerful, overwhelming, and something that haunts you forever. When your first love is severed, you lose a piece of your soul. Your world shatters.

My first love, Amos Marshall, left something behind for me. He promised me forever and gave that to me. It’s the GRAVITY that keeps my universe hel
Published January 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Gravity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravity

Rachel Anne
If I had been rating just the first 25% it would have been 5 heart breaking stars. It was so good and I LOVED Amos. I did cry at that point which I almost never do. I don't think I've read many of her books, the only one that comes to mind is Blue (which I loved until the end) but they both have a weird turning point that takes me from 5 star to not being invested anymore very fast. Like 2 separate authors. Anyway it's weird because I love the characters although Gracie isn't my favorite h ever. ...more
Juanita
Jan 23, 2017 Juanita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-z
4.5 heartfelt stars

We meet Gracie who has been moved around all her life due to her father's military career. She moves to a small town where she meets Amos. She soon discovers they are moving again but they both promise to stay in touch. They do stay in touch but he goes away to the service. She meets up with him again on a visit back but not knowing that would be her last time to see him.

She's my forever Amos gifted me. It's our gravity that keeps us centered no matter how painful it is.

Yea
Jean
Feb 07, 2017 Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WARNING: YOU MUST READ ROYAL ATLAS BEFORE THIS BOOK!

4.5 to 5 Stars

Okay, first off, I love this cover just as much as I loved the cover of Royal Atlas!

Secondly, I did not realize when I started reading this book it was going to take us back to the early years of Amos (Molly's brother from Royal Atlas).  So, as I was reading, my anxiety was rising because I knew what was coming and I knew my heart was going to break again over it.  But, I love Amos!  He is such a loveable, funny, caring man.....
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Jan 31, 2017 AC Book Blog (Anne Christine) rated it really liked it
Holly emotional book! Gravity is sort of a second chance at finding true love journey for the heroine. Gracie was dealt a shitty card. She fell hard for her high school sweetheart Amos but Gracie’s father was a military man therefore they were moving around a lot. The love birds were ripped apart but Gracie and Amos kept their love alive even with the distance apart. Until strategy strikes… Gracie lost it all but Amos did leave a piece of him behind. Gracie started a new life at Amos’s home town ...more
Tiffany Willams
Jan 25, 2017 Tiffany Willams rated it it was amazing
"It's going to hurt just like any love story. There's always pain mixed in with the beautiful moments. It's what makes the cycle of love so amazing and priceless."

Grab a box of tissues for this one!!

Fiding out that HJ Bellus was going to tell Amos' story after Royal Atlas made me so happy! I knew I was in for a roller coaster of emotions, but I went in already knowing how much I would love it.

Amos was the first love of Gracie. She lived and breathed everything that he was. But life isn't always
Lydia H
Jan 28, 2017 Lydia H rated it it was amazing
If you have a box of tissues, I highly recommend you grab it and keep it handy before you begin reading. You WILL cry. It doesn't matter what kind of reader you are (a crier or non-crier), this book will have your emotions running wild.

Having read Royal Atlas prior to Gravity, I KNEW what was going to happen, so I TRIED (and failed miserably) to not connect with a certain character. I tried reading as fast as I could, so I wouldn't feel the devastation as badly as I felt it in Royal Atlas, but
Maree
Jan 31, 2017 Maree rated it it was amazing
Amos and Gracie's Story

Five Amazing Stars *

I was thrilled and so excited to read the second book after, Royal Atlas, and now thoroughly enjoyed this one. With the help and complete guidance by H.J. Bellus as author she proves how strong the Marshall family is. Another unbeatable winner H.J.Bellus has written.

Gracie has always loved Amos. He was always such a charmer with her, thinking he could get away with everything. He is strong and such a wonderful helper with the farmhouse they live while t
Sbell
Feb 14, 2017 Sbell rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the beginning of this book.
When I realized the turn it was
taking I decided to DNF. NOT
because it wasn't good. Because
up until I DNF'd it- it was.
But I always like the first
guy in the book. I don't like
to switch up in the middle
or have to redirect how I feel
about a character. This may not
make sense, but I don't want
to spoil this for those waiting
to read it. I also didn't realize
going into this book that the
characters had been in a previous
book. I think this is just a case
of it wasn't the
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Jan 30, 2017 Babbling Chatter Reads rated it it was amazing
Freaking HJ Bellus does it again! This is another one of those reads that will have you in a book hangover for days!

"Just relax . It's going to hurt just like any love story. There's always pain mixed in with the beautiful moments. It's what makes the cycle of love so amazing and priceless."

The tingles, the goosebumps, the chills and more! This is a love story that will have you saying WTF?!?! then become utterly speechless! This one hurt (more than one occasion) and is one ride that will never
Tiffany
Jan 17, 2017 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
"It's in moments like these I realize all the heartache was worth it. The pain and scars have sculpted the perfect story."

HJ Bellys truly sums up my thoughts with two lines from this book.

I knew this book was going to break me going in but it's the pieces that are put back together & make me whole again that truly are worth all the tears I so hate to shed.

This is a phenomenal read, a must read!!!

Gracie was Amos Marshall's one true love but their love story is cut tragically short, but Amos
Michelle
Jan 20, 2017 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Have tissue ready...Right from the start this book just sucks you in. I told HJ Bellus I power read it. You will NOT be able to put this one down. Such a great story of love, tragedy and friendship. So many hard decisions in life that have to be made. So many secrets that are divulged. This is definitely a very emotional read.
--karen Green-berry
A Wonderful Read!!!!

I am now a bona fide fan of this author. This is the third book I've read by her and they all evoke the same emotion. Laughter, shock, sadness, perseverance and love. This is Cub, Gracie and Amos' story.

We have already met Gracie and Amos in Finding Atlas, and even though their love story ended in tragedy; it also shows the will of the human spirit to survive. Cub and Gracie's story shows perseverance and a strong desire to find their HEA. It will tug at your heartstrings but
Catarina Rodrigues
Feb 26, 2017 Catarina Rodrigues rated it really liked it
4.75*

Such a beautiful story! <3 <3 <3

Rohina
Phew! January feels like the month of firsts. I've picked up books by so many authors for the first time and HJ Bellus definitely belongs in this category.

First thing first, it is advised that you read Royal Atlas before picking up Gravity . Another thing... I am a rule breaker so I didn't do what was advised. LOL! But rest assured, if you do pick up Gravity before Royal Atlas , that is completely okay since this book can stand alone and I didn't find anything or any situation in the stor
Catarina
Feb 21, 2017 Catarina rated it it was amazing

Yamina
Jan 30, 2017 Yamina rated it it was amazing
Arc kindly provided by the author for an honest review.

“It’s our gravity that keeps us centered no matter how painful it is.”

WOW WOW WOW! Gravity was an amazing read and one I am not going to forget anytime soon. The story was poignant and beautiful.

I wish I could express how much I felt while I read Gravity- it is one of those rare books that I want to give all the stars to.
Gracie and Cub both had to deal with loss and love. Gracie’s past has changed her , changed her opinion on love and life
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Jan 26, 2017 Tricia Bartley (iScream Books) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"Do you believe in gravity?"

Gooood Gawd!!!! I freaking loved this book. This is Amos and Gracie's story. You sooo need to read Atlas first before moving onto this book.

I just loved Amos and his cray cray self!! He would make me laugh my ass off while reading his one liners.

"You are so far from plain that you're in a different universe."
If roses are red and violets are blue, then Gracie not even momma's fried chicken is as sexy as you."

I would just sit there while reading... Where in the heck do
Nancy Metsch
Jan 25, 2017 Nancy Metsch rated it really liked it
What a beautifully tragic story.
She's a military brat, she doesn't make friends cause she knows she'll end up loosing them and he's a wrestler and very popular.
I loved this book. I cried some really ugly tears
Meghan Murphy
Jan 30, 2017 Meghan Murphy rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Gravity by HJ Bellus is the first book I've read from this author and it definitely won't be the last! This book takes you on such an emotional rollercoaster that one minute you are laughing hysterically then balling your eyes out the next. Gravity completely gutted me and slowly put me back together. It is filled with so much pain and sadness but also love and hope.

Without giving too much away, Gracie is a military brat that moved so much it was hard to form relationships with anyone. B
Tianna
Jan 29, 2017 Tianna rated it it was amazing
Wow! Gravity definitely captured my heart and never let it go!

Starting out, since I read Royal Atlas first, I knew how part of this story was going to happen and it left me in pieces once it all came about. The emotions in this story were so raw and beautifully written. HJ Bellus did stunning work with this story and didn't disappoint.

Gravity is about knowing that it is okay to let go and move on. It takes time and even through that time, it still hurts your heart to be happy when you feel guil
Jen Zingaro
Feb 01, 2017 Jen Zingaro rated it it was amazing
This story was so emotional! I found myself completely immersed in the story from the beginning. The characters were just amazing. Gracie has spent most of her life dealing with loss and teasing when her family constantly gets moved because of her dad's military career. Then she meets the once person that brings her to life, Amos. After many sacrifices and tragedy, she finds herself starting all over and movie back to the town that she never wanted to leave. Once you've had true love, can you ev ...more
Lynne Garlick
Jan 24, 2017 Lynne Garlick rated it it was amazing
Good Lord! I didn't think Royal Atlas could be topped but goodness me I was wrong!!
Gracie and Amos had a once in a lifetime love and my heart literally shattered.......shattered!
Gracie decides it's time to move back home........and meets Cub......both have their own secrets and stories to share......but they have a connection and that started to mend my shattered heart......only for it to be shattered a few more times!! My tissues could not keep up with the steady stream of tears down my face..
Brynne Hounsell
Jan 30, 2017 Brynne Hounsell rated it it was amazing
Gracie and Amos found love at a young age. "You're so far from plain that you're in a different universe."
"Its going to hurt just like ant love story. There's always pain mixed in with the beautiful moments. It's what makes the cycle of love so amazing and priceless."
But life, family and war got in the way of their happily ever after. Can Gracie find love after being shattered? Can she make amends after hiding for so long?
I love the characters, I love Juliette - she is a fierce little warrior th
Lisa
Jan 28, 2017 Lisa rated it it was amazing
HJ Bellus has done it again! She has captured my heart and is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors! Gravity is a beautifully tragic and amazing story, that will have you hooked. You will not be able to put this one down.

Make sure you have plenty of tissues for this one, as you are going to need them for sure. If you read Royal Atlas then you know how Amos' story ends. In Gravity we learn how it began. And we get to meet the love of his life Gracie.

I don't want to give away any of the st
Lisa Cheney
Jan 27, 2017 Lisa Cheney rated it it was amazing
I knew going in that Gravity would be a sequel to Royal Atlas, this book was even better than the that. I fell in love with with this from page one. Yes it's boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, but this book blew me away it's the second chance romance that you need. From the love she shared with Amos to the growing love for cub it's a roller coaster ride. I loved and hated that I needed tissues from the start if the start of the book. grab some tissues a bottle of wine and have a wonder t ...more
Sarah O'Kelly
Jan 30, 2017 Sarah O'Kelly rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read of HJ Bellus and now I'm gonna have to work my way through her back catalogue as this book was phenomenal!

I really do not know how to write this review without giving spoilers, so all I will say is this book pulls so many emotions from you. It guts you and has the potential to make you ugly cry but then if you trust in the author she does manage to put you back together again!

As I have said this is the first book of hers that I have read and I thoroughly enjo
Karie Gibson
Jan 19, 2017 Karie Gibson rated it it was amazing
I knew from the beginning this book would bring me tears and all the feels. If you read the first book in this series this is a must read. This book had me on an emotional rollercoaster ride. It isn't all tears though. The little girls in this book will have you rolling with laughter. There were a few times I was laughing out loud.
This book will give you the story of how brave and strong one woman can be. Gracie will learn that sometimes the end is only the beginning. I loved Cub in this book.
Isabella Bazz
Feb 03, 2017 Isabella Bazz rated it it was amazing
This was given to me as ARC. Let's start with every emotion you can think of and you will find it in this book. I read this book In less then 1 day. I was hooked and couldn't let go of Grace and her journey. With losing her love at war, then meeting her soul - mate Cub Stent. I laughed, cried and all emotions mixed up. This book kept me up until the very page. I suggest that you read Molly and Guy's journey to be able to understand what is happening, though you can read it Gravity without Royal ...more
Melissa Mendoza
5+ tragically beautiful and emotional stars!!!

I don't even know where to start... this book ripped my heart out! But it did it in the most beautiful way. Your first love is no joke and this book proves that without a doubt. I won't give much away, I will say that you'll need about three boxes of tissues next to you when you read because it will pull at your heart!

This has got to be one of my favorite reads of 2017!!!
Amy
Feb 03, 2017 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
I give this book 5 captivating stars!! H.J. Bellus is a relatively new to me author but holy crap can she spin a story. You should all grab some tissues for this one!! You absolutely must read Royal Atlas before you read this book. Amos.......sob sob!!! Once your heart is ripped out, it will eventually get mended back together. Gracie meets Cub. This is Gracie and Cub's story and it is fantastic!! I would definitely recommend it!!
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website ➝ authorhjb.com
(Sign up for my NEWSLETTER to stay up to date!)
More about H.J. Bellus...