Start by marking “No Excuses” as Want to Read:

No Excuses

No Excuses is a hot, full-length contemporary romance, featuring blindfolds, rope play, food fights, and sexy architectural features like wainscoting. As in all Nikky Kaye books, cheating is not allowed, but some funny stuff and a HEA are non-negotiable.
---
Maddie's rules for attending a work retreat:

1 Pack the right clothes. Especially extra underwear.
2 Don’t try to scho
Kindle Edition
Published July 7th 2017 (first published June 30th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about No Excuses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Excuses

Start your review of No Excuses
Candy
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading No Excuses for the second time & fell in love with Gage & Maddie all over again. Gage is a self made millionaire app designer who has his life in a straight neat orderly line. Maddie is a less than organized recently graduated college student who is trying to find her way in the world. This older man falls for a younger woman/opposite attract romance is both full of humor & learning to be vulnerable with your heart. Both Gage & Maddie challenge each other to look at their ...more
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
Jul 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: snoozfest
DNF

Couldn't get past page 99. I am truly puzzled by the high rating. This was really boring from page 1 to where I was. There were no signs of attraction, no physical descriptions in any real sense. I didn't feel any difference between the main character and anyone else. The narrative from the hero's POV was way too feminine. I really felt like I was reading a lady's POV.

This just didn't grab me. No excuses!

Patricia
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am hopelessly addicted to Nikky Kaye and her wicked sense of humor. This is not the first time I read this book yet it felt as magical the second time around.

Gage is a control freak. He runs a company and expects perfection with "NO EXCUSES". See I managed to throw the title into the play of words. But there is so much more to this sexy, tied up :)
perfectionist than meets the eye. But in order to know what that is you will really want to read the book.

Maddie is a bit younger and full of sass.
Sara Oxton
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No Excuses by Nikky Kaye a sublime five star read. Nikky Kaye has yet again done something amazing, she has written a great book about characters that you can’t help but love. The main characters are great, but the background guys are also fun and filled with love. There are some scenes of an adult nature so it’s only suitable for adults, there is no cheating, but you will need to read the book to find out about whether they get there HEA.
Brian Gage is a man who lives by the rules, he believes t
Cheryl O'Harney
Jul 28, 2017 rated it liked it
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: No Excuses
Author: Nikky Kaye
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 3/5

A well written story where not only are the two main characters likeable the secondary ones are also really likeable too.

The storyline centres around Gage aka Brian Gage a man who likes control and Maddie who works for him who's a bit... well she's all over the place but together they were perfect for each other he wasthe calm to her storm and of course it helped that they s
The Talented Miss Ripley
Sexy story

I love these romance books and this one is no different an adult book meant to get ladies in an uproar and men left to deal with the aftermath.

Recommended for the romantic at heart.
Book Snob Sue
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
First book by Nikky Kaye, but definitely won't be my last. I have no idea how or why I've missed her books, but I will be correcting that little mistake now. Wow, great book. I loved the writing and her quirky and fun sense of humor. There were a couple of scenes that were so damn funny, they were priceless. I always love me some good humor in a great book.

Maddie works for Gage, and honestly I have no idea how they lasted so long without getting involved, because their chemistry is off the chart
Jenifer
I've read several Nikky Kaye books and they are always fun and definitely steamy. This time I didn't really feel much of a real or natural connection between Gage and Maddie and the story just seemed to drag on for me.

I won't stop reading anything by Nikky Kaye but this one just didn't hit the mark with me.

*exclusive ARC*
Epiphany
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nikky-kaye
I have read several of Nikky Kaye's books and I think this on just might be my favorite book. Awesome read. This one to me feels a little different in writing style but I really enjoyed it. Gage and Maddie are the perfect main couple along with the secondary characters in this book. While reading about the events they participated in at the retreat all I could think about was, my corporate retreats were never like this. And if they were they would not have been so boring. This is a full length n ...more
Jeri
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read. Gage and Maddie man what a pair. There interactions during the retreat has me fanning myself one second and laughing the next. They have so much chemistry but it's more than just that. They teach each other and help each other grow. I also loved the relationship between Gage and his sister or should I say the changing of the relationship. I had to work the day after I started reading this book. I read til my eyes hurt and finally called it a night. I didn't want to acciden ...more
April Symes
I adore Nikky Kaye and her writing style. Her humor is so wicked , that its addictive. The main characters are awesome, but also the background characters are also just as fun and filled with love too.

Brian Gage is a man who lives by the rules, he believes there is NO EXCUSES ever for failure. Gage runs his company with an hard fist and pushes Madeline Jones to the limit, but will it be a hard limit. Madeline Jones thinks she has finally found the right job if only her boss wasn’t such a tool.
C.J. Fallowfield
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve read and loved quite a few works by Kaye now, she has style that is easy to read, with steamy sex scenes, and writes novels that are very humorous with the banter between her characters. I know when I’m reading her books I can just switch off from the humdrum of reality and lose myself for an enjoyable hour or so. I have always commented that I wished Kaye’s books were longer, all to date have been novellas, or short stories, so imagine how thrilled I was to get a full length standalone ero ...more
Debbie Hanson
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-review
Nikky Kaye
Author review
🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 stars.

I’d read 2 previous books from author, Nikky Kaye and loved the previous stories so this was a no brainer. Filled with steam, chemistry, loss, love and a millionaire CEO, it was bound to be a good read. I began the story feeling a little under inflated, I’m not sure what held me back but I pushed on and I’m glad I did. At 50% I couldn’t put it down.

App developer business owner, Brian Gage has everything in his life perfect. He runs a very lucrat
SBee Reviews
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars.

This was a wholly refreshing & witty & engaging story! Loved the characters!

I received an Advance Reader Copy for No Excuses written by Nikki Kaye and voluntarily reviewed this book.

Great…a company weekend retreat to bond as a team just before their release of their new app. Madeline couldn’t have been more excited to spend even MORE time (HER time off) with her slavedriver of a boss, Brian “Gage”. The only thing is, the events involved blindfolds, ropes, harnes
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
No Excuses is the first book that I have read by Nikky Kaye and it is a standalone with an HEA. That makes me grin.

I enjoyed reading No Excuses. It is a fun book to read and Maddie (Madeline Jones) is funny. But, she drove me a little crazy. Especially with quitting her job so that she can date the boss. It wasn’t his rules that she had to leave her job it was that she thought she should quit her job before the HR person fired her. Now if you were dating the boss would you worry about it unless
Sassy Southern
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No Excuses was the first book I have read by author, Nikki Kaye. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. In No Excuses we are introduced to the characters of Gage, millionaire businessman and Madeline, Gage's much younger secretary/assistant. Gage is a businessman who always likes to be in control and Madeline is shy and introverted and inexperienced in relationships. Their relationship becomes more than a work relationship when they attend a company retreat that is about communication and trust. Du ...more
Jenny Prose
Jackie D
Huh- I am over here on my side of the keyboard thinking this book was literally a laugh out loud, sexy frustrating twisted take on the boss-employee relationship dynamic!
Fast moving, yet surprisingly detailed I was all in from page one, the witty banter, flirtatious and entertaining antics these two go through to get a " rise " out of each other would have been enough to keep me entertained!
Adding on the right in front of both their faces romance, a bit few emotional heart string tugging moment
Romantic Reads and Such
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
What starts out as a boss/secretary fantasy novel quickly turns into something more.  Maddie's adoption has left her with some issues regarding her self-worth as well as her ability to apply herself.  Gage has some pretty serious social interaction issues (enough that I'm kinda curious how he's been so successful in business so far).  Both of them are good at making the other one better.  Maddie helps smooth out Gage's rough edges, helping deal with people with more humanity.  And Gage believes ...more
Sharon
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story about a man who lives by his motto "no excuses". Brian is geek in his own right, he accepts no excuses for anything, and his assistant Madeline tries to make him realize excuses are sometimes valid reasons.
When the company goes away for a weekend for a team building learning experience, he's faced with his attraction to Madeline and the fact that he wants her. This is foreign to him, he's never allowed himself to let anyone in, now she has gotten under his skin.
Can these two
Linda Barrett
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
No excuses is a laugh out loud,kindle sizzling and fantastic banter 4 star read.
You really need to one click it as soon as you can and get entertained by the sexy but idiotic (at times) Brian Gabe and the smart and flirty Maddie Jones.
If two people were ment for each other it was Gabe and Maddie as they complement each other and give each other what they didn't even know they needed.
They make each other better people.
This story is very well written and completely hooks you in from the beginning
Roanne Germaine
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
She was hired as his executive assistant and was praised for her communication skills. He organized a retreat for his company for team-building purposes. But what was built was his attraction for her. That attraction was mutual and explosive but they both had control and commitment issues. Soon, Gage and Maddie realized that they were miserable apart and they brought out the best in each other. There was simply no excuse for them to be not together.

I loved NO EXCUSES ! This full-length novel wa
ReadingInThe6ix
DNF at 65%...

This was just not good. There was no chemistry, it ended up being boring as hell, and I could not care any less about the characters. It was also just written strangely. This is not an enemies to lovers. There was just a very bizarre situation where she sometimes calls him Sir and sometimes doesn’t and it was just so off. He talks a lot about spanking her, but nothing comes of it. I kept thinking we’re supposed to see her as strong and witty, and him as a hot, successful alpha male.
Cindy
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The moments of humor brought this up to a 4 rating but otherwise it would have been a 3 for me. Gage is a driven man and quite clueless about his interactions with others. He needs Maddie, communicator par excellence, to help him see [at least a little bit] that there are other ways to deal with people. Personally, if I was Maddie, I'd have brushed up my resume and gone elsewhere. But then this wouldn't have been a romance novel. ...more
Chantall Bronkhorst
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book: Nicky once again took us on a wild ride of steamy sexy fun. Laugh out loud scenes. I did not want to stop read once I started. Very well written, I enjoyed it a lot. Congratulations Nicky – great job.
Lin ( Nerdy Bookworm)
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily received and reviewed an Exclusive Copy of this book for an honest review.
Brian Gage is a application developer and runs his company with an iron fist. He is considered a control freak with strict workplace standards. Madeline Jones is Gage executive assistant, who has expertise in ghost writing correspondence and communication. The story was well written with great characters full of humor and intriguing moments. The H and h bantering was hilarious as both Gage and Maddie realized
RJ
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot and steamy read. I enjoyed this book. The chemistry between Gage and Madeline, oh my! I was provided a complimentary copy of this book so I could give an honest review.
Michelle Harris
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So steamy and good! Loved the characters. Their chemistry was beyond amazing. The story was well written and kept my interest from page one. Would definitely recommend. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced copy of this book.
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Maddie deals with her boss Gage the best way she can by rolling her eyes and taking as good as she gets, but a weekend work retreat wasn't something she was looking forward to. Gage likes things his way, in order but being around Maddie may spark more than he ever imagined. ...more
Diana Perry
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another SUPER read by Nikky! Loved the characters & flow of the story had me on the edge of my seat wondering what would come next. Strongly recommend! I voluntarily read this ARC & this is my honest review
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Ice Cold Boss
  • Billion Dollar Beast
  • The Boss
  • Billion Dollar Enemy
  • Look But Don't Touch
  • Privately (Barrett Brothers #1)
  • Breaking Up with My Boss (Love You Forever #4)
  • Off Limits (Playboys of New York #1)
  • Sugar and Spice (What Women Want, #1)
  • Nanny Wanted
  • The Merger (Playboys of New York #3)
  • In Hate With My Boss: A billionaire boss hate to love romantic comedy
  • Arrogant Boss
  • Assisting the Bosshole (The Bosshole Files, #1)
  • Rich Rogue (New York Billionaires #3)
  • Billion Dollar Catch (Seattle Billionaires Book 3)
  • Craving The CEO
  • Ruined (Willow Creek #3)