Start by marking “First Impressions / Blithe Images” as Want to Read:
First Impressions / Blithe Images

First Impressions / Blithe Images

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  785 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
Escaping the traps of gold-digging women, wealthy businessman Vance Banning moves to rural Maryland. All he wants is peace, quiet and to keep away from women. The last thing he needs is his sassy, sexy neighbor Shane Abbott. But he has no idea how determined Shane will be when it comes to giving a helping hand--or a loving heart.When small-town girl Hilary Baxter is offere ...more
Published September 23rd 2008 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about First Impressions / Blithe Images, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Impressions / Blithe Images

Lindsay
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
First Impressions:
A very slow starting story. I didn't know if I was going to be able to get through it at first. However, there were a few unexpected and interesting plot turns towards the middle of the story. After that, the story went downhill again. The main conflict was obvious from the very beginning and nothing saved the story after that.

Blithe Images:
This story creeped me completely out and then just annoyed me. It felt like I was reading a romance novel from the 70s - you know the type,
Carly Ellen Kramer
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
A cute story and entertaining read, but not one of my favorite Nora Roberts books. I know many readers think her earlier stories were better, but I disagree. I enjoyed some of her recent books more than some of her earlier stories (this book was written in '84, I believe).
Betsy
Dec 21, 2008 rated it it was ok
This was okay, but typical. The guy gets the girl; the girl gets the guy. The second story, Blithe Images, was better than the first. Although neither were earth shattering. Very much fiction, relationships don't happen like this in the real world.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
I love Nora Roberts. I do, it's true, I say it loud and I say it proud.

The first story is classic Roberts. Flawed characters, a sense of betrayal, Alpha male, unassuming female, family conflict, plot twist, love at first sight, and an eventual happy ending.

It's a comfort book. You don't put much thought into it, you simply pick it up, read it and hope that your brain hasn't gained any weight with all of the saccharine that its just been subject to. No one writes cliche/obvious romance like Nora
Ruby Lee
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
I know that both of these stories are from the early 80's and they read like that.

First Impressions was a good story. It was sweet and a good read. The problem that I had was with Blithe Images and the way that it skirted around images of rape and sexual assault. He called her a tease when she won't have sex with him, became angry, and suggested that he wasn't above forcing the issue when it was something that he wanted. This is not romantic or fun. Love is not having a guy want you so much tha
Kelly Moran
Dec 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was 2 of her older contemporary romances combined. I liked them. Relatable and a quick fun read.
Zuleima Salazar
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Krystie Park
Dec 16, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Nora Roberts book, and to be honest, I'm not even remotely impressed.

The characters in both book are so bland and typical. Nothing about the characters made them likeable to me. At times, I even found myself DISliking the characters because they seemed so fake.

Another thing that bothered me about these novels is the male dominance. In my opinion, it seemed that the men always had the upper hand, and the women were told what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. For example,
Donna
Sep 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
It took me a few weeks to finish this two-book volume, mostly because I was finishing it for the sake of finishing it. These were my first Nora Roberts reads and I'm chalking my dissatisfaction with both stories up to the fact that they were earlier works. She can't have achieved her current standing churning out stories like these. I will pick up something more recent and try again.

First Impressions was better than Blithe Images, hence the 1 star rating, but the love story felt weak to me as i
Anne Holly
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-away
Pretty typical collection of "billionaire bags babe" stories. Not a bad time-killer if you're into that type of thing, but don't expect anything new. Neither has much tension - "Will the two incredibly lovely single people fall in love?" Cliche, I know, but I don't usually mind that. However, with these shorties, it's just a bit more forced than I normally want to see, I think.

The first story was better than the second, in my opinion; though the heroine was a bit of a lunatic, I did find she gre
  • Tough Enough: The Cowboy & The Cougar & Odd Man Out
  • Comfort and Joy
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • The Christmas Brides: A McKettrick Christmas\A Creed Country Christmas (McKettricks, #10; Montana Creeds, #4)
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • When You Wish
  • Angels at Christmas: Those Christmas Angels / Where Angels Go
  • The Draycott Legacy: Bridge of Dreams & Enchantment
  • Endless Night: Switchback / Cry of the Wild
  • Let's Be Jolly! (2-in-1)
  • Passion and Peril: Scenes of Passion\Scenes of Peril
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • The Last Princess
  • Three Great Novels (Inspector Rebus, #7-9)
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • You've Got Male (OPUS #1)
More about Nora Roberts...