Start by marking “Legs Benedict (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #14)” as Want to Read:
Legs Benedict (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #14)

Legs Benedict (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #14)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  508 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
A week of "mayhem-as-usual" at Hillside Manor kicks off with the arrival of a mysterious "Mr. Smith" and his floozie "Mrs." from New York City—and it accelerates into chaos when Mr. Smith himself kicks off, a victim of the foulest of plays. Hostess Judith McMonigle Flynn is shocked to learn that her now-defunct roomer was actually "Legs" Benedict—hit man for the notorious ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 279 pages
Published April 6th 1999 by Avon (first published December 31st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Legs Benedict, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legs Benedict

Linda
May 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge, bingo
3.5 Stars. I enjoyed this entry in the series although I agreed with Judith that she was a little off, even I caught on to some things before she did. You almost needed a score card to keep track of everyone since no one was who they claimed to be and there were lots of subplots going on with the guests. It was fun having a book set on Heraldsgate Hill since it seems like it's been a while since I was at the B&B.
The Badger
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I have an affinity for cozy mysteries. They generally aren't written in pursuit of a spot on the bestseller list; rather, cozies are written to give the reader a sense of comfort and calm (ironically, by way of murder).

My mom read cozies to escape her three eccentric young daughters and grumpy husband: one daughter, the artist, painted five-foot tall green flowers on the side of the freshly painted rental when she was four; the adventurous daughter asked which way north was, and was found by ne
Gwyneth
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Judith run's a lovely bed and breakfest, but some how always get's involved in murders some how. But with the help of her cousin Renie and her cop husband joe they always figure it out in the end.

This time her B&B is over run with mobsters. And people that seem nice but arn't. Also while all this is going on her son Mike is about to have a baby and she has to deal with her old mother, who is a bit of a pain in the but.

A hit man from the mod gets killed, then a FBI agent comes and thinks tha
VJ
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Didn't one of the previous books in this series have the housekeeper smoking as well? Maybe it was a different book, but I could have sworn it was this series. I remember being taken aback by it, especially when she stated the Bible said nothing about smoking, just drinking.

Also, Judith used to serve rum punch in the summer, but now says she never serves liquor? Um, okay...

I have to say, this has been one of my favorite books of the series. The mysteries were woven together very well. The hijin
Susan
Jan 27, 2009 rated it liked it
The new guests at Judith Flynn's bed and breakfast seem rather odd--for one thing, some of them seem to be previously acquainted, although none of them will admit it. But the last thing that Judith expects is for the Mob to drop by. No, actually, the last thing she expects is for an FBI man to arrive and claim that Judith's elderly mother was a concentration camp guard!
Sallie
Jan 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I found a bunch of these B&B mysteries at my local used bookstore, so I keep dipping into them instead of Bill Bryson's book. I am reading BB's book, but these keep me entertained instead of challenging my feeble brain cells.
Jenya
Apr 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this book after my husband did and if you like a good mystery this was an awesome book! I really would like to read more of her books, but our Library is very limited! If anyone can tell me where I can find the rest of her books to buy or check out that would be awesome!
George
Oct 03, 2009 rated it liked it
#14 in the bed-and-breakfast mystery series with Seattle inn keeper Judith Flynn and her cousin Renie Jones. This one has a cast of characters with guests and neighbors, murder, and confusing identities as she works through the various clues to help solve what happened.
Pam Bales
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, humor, cozy
Judith McMonigle Flynn and her cousin Renie are up to their usual tricks trying to solve a murder and keep Judith's bed and breakfast afloat. The series is an over all good read. Some are better than others.
Diane Falvey
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really liked this one. Kept me on my toes with all the murders. the mafia in the bed & breakfast!! well thought out story.
Jenn
Dec 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another good read from Mary Daheim. I like these cases that involve the B&B. I especially liked that there was more than one murder in this one.
Linda
Jan 16, 2017 added it
Love all of Mary Daheim books. With the Bed and Breakfast mysteries it is always fun to see what trouble Judith is going to get into and how she will involve her cousin Renie.
Kim
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great book.
Lollyletsgo
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love the locked in a house full of murder suspects whodunnit, and this one is a fun one- through in the mafia and call it jenja!
Kathy Warren
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Too many characters and to many plots.
Tracey
Mar 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Not as good as the last two books. Kind of hit and miss with this author.
Fran
This is a quick read. It has all the humor of earlier books in this series. The characters are a hoot!
Esther Welch
Jun 08, 2009 rated it did not like it
Didn't bother to finish. Probably shouldn't have started with book 14
Katie Taylor
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mom
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of Dahdim's better bed and breakfast mysteries.
Judym
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Enjoyed this book, but the characters were hard to follow. There were a lot of them and were being referred to by different names.
Nancy
Kerry
Mar 20, 2012
Alie
Feb 20, 2016
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)
  • Bound for Murder (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #3)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
  • The Merchant of Menace (Jane Jeffry, #10)
  • Killer Crab Cakes (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #4)
  • The Da Vinci Cook (Angie Amalfi, #14)
  • Town in a Lobster Stew (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #2)
Seattle native Mary Richardson Daheim has been fascinated by story-telling since early childhood. She first listened, then read, and finally began to write her own fiction when she was ten. A journalism major at the University of Washington, she was the first female editor of The Daily where she attracted national attention with her editorial stance against bigotry.

After getting her B.A., she wor
More about Mary Daheim...

Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1)
  • Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast, #2)
  • Holy Terrors (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #3)
  • Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast, #4)
  • Bantam of the Opera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #5)
  • A Fit of Tempera (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #6)
  • Major Vices (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder, My Suite (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #8)
  • Auntie Mayhem (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #9)
  • Nutty as a Fruitcake (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #10)