Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Time Traveller's Almanac” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Time Traveller's Almanac

Doctor Who: The Time Traveller's Almanac

Who are the eminent artists of the 16th, 19th, or 21st centuries? What are the mysteries of Carrionite Science? Where do the Daleks come from? Answers to all of these questions and more are found in The Time Traveller's Almanac, the ultimate intergalactic fact-finder.

The Almanac draws on resources far and wide, from the beginning of time to the end of the universe, to
Published September 25th 2008 by BBC Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Shelley
Jun 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is so much fun. It lays out the entire new series chronologically, from 1184 BC to 100,000,000,000,000 at the end of the Universe. It even includes the parallel universe and right turn v. left turn events for Donna. Everything is laid out nicely and is as clear as it can be, for wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff. Lots of humor pulled from the show (a 1941 subject heading is Marxism in Action, a Captain Jack sighting in the 51st century reads, "Sentenced to death for unknown crimes, Captain Ja ...more
Oceana2602
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, fannishness
It's Doctor Who, what can I say?

yes, I was having a bit of a Doctor Who thing in the early summer months of this lovely year 2014. It happens. In fact, every couple of years I think, hey, I haven't watched Doctor Who in a while. And funnily enough whenever I think that I think about the scenes of 9 and Rose in front of the London eye in the 2005 pilot, when he takes her hand (again) and tells her to run, because that is when I instantly fell in love with the show.

So I end
Ken
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
An in-depth look at the Ninth and Tenth Doctor’s adventures presented in an easy to follow guide.

Everything is listed in chronological date order which subsections colour coded, so for example Significant People (Red) Species (Green).

I practically liked looking at The Doctor’s adventures on earth during the twentieth century.
Sarah Northwood
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great book for Whovians, with brightly illustrated photographs and information. Sadly out of date now (as the book was second hand) but I still enjoyed flipping through and discovering some new facts and Who history.
Earl
83/100
Zann
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: random-stuff
This book is a mash-up of actual history (in some spots) and Doctor Who history. It focuses on events pertaining to the Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant episodes, with occasional references to previous Doctors and events. The book is set up by time periods, from 1184BC to the year 100,000,000,000,000, then subdivided into categories such as Major Events, Significant People, Species of the Universe, etc. There are lots of color pictures as well to help clarify things.

I felt the book was b
Nicholas Whyte
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: doctor, who, 2012, 1208, xn
http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/1981388.html[return][return]The problem with books like this is that they so quickly go out of date, a particular shame in this case, where Tribe has assembled in internal chronological order all of the stories of New Who up to Last of the Time Lords (ie starting with The Fires of Pompeii and ending with Utopia) including Attack of the Graske and The Infinite Quest, and brief explanations of Old Who stories which are mentioned in New Who (plus a few other tantalising references, eg to the Animus on p 7), but no coverage of To ...more
Amber
Jan 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Another show I absolutely loved so of course I had to get the almanac and read it. Fascinating and gave me my fix until another season arrives.
Kyle Wadsworth
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This almanac just goes to show how much detail the writers have put into this show!
Stephen Robert Collins

• Doctor Who: Pest Control
  • Doctor Who: The Eyeless
  • Doctor Who: Martha in the Mirror
  • Doctor Who: Autonomy
  • Trace Memory (Torchwood, #5)
  • Doctor Who: Snowglobe 7