Start by marking “Mad About Men: A Menmoir” as Want to Read:
Mad About Men: A Menmoir

Mad About Men: A Menmoir

MAD ABOUT MEN IS:

- A (mostly) true, laugh-out-loud account of a successful executive single mother's search for love.
- "Racy, raw, sometimes vulgar, always hilarious," according to a guy in Chapter 32 who actually read it.
- An account of dating and sex from a liberated, confident, unapologetic MILF in her 40s.
- A warmly relatable story, even though it sounds like a sord
Published December 2nd 2016 by Red String Music

To ask other readers questions about Mad About Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mad About Men

Paige Green
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note: for this review I will use some strong language and will discuss an adult book. If you're too young or don't have the permission to be reading strong language, to be reading about sex, or to be reading about adult issues then please don't read this review or the book. I don't want angry parents breathing down my neck. And if you're just generally uncomfortable with reading about those things then check out my other Goodreads reviews =].

Rating: 5/5

Genre: Memoir.... Menmoir

Recommended Age: 1
Diana Fragnito
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I could not put it down and actually read it in about 4 hours! It's an edgier, NYC version of "Eat, Pray, Love" was how I explained it to a friend. Although our journeys may differ, nonetheless we've all been on them on our quest for self-exploration and healing after a heartbreak. Madelyn's story is hysterical, honest and I was amazed by her vulnerability. Great for both women and men! Loved it and will introduce it to my book club!
Lord.of.the.Paper
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blurb:
Meet Madelyn!
“Attractive in shape, slightly exotic, well-travelled and young at heart.”
And you’d think these brilliant qualities enable a woman to have a stable dating
life or at least decent relationships but.......... men aren’t so modest anymore. From gym trainers to tinder and even date-a-black-guy-with-a-job.com, follow Madelyn on her outstandingly witty chronicles in the pursuit of a real man.

My thoughts:
Mad about men is a giftedly quirky read, it's the perfect book to curl up with wh
Jordan
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Heartbroken folks, beach goers, people who love to laugh
Recommended to Jordan by: Madelyn Morgan
Mad About Men is written by Madelyn Morgan and was published on 2 December 2016.

"MAD ABOUT MEN IS:
- -Racy, raw, sometimes vulgar, always hilarious, - according to a guy in Chapter 32 who actually read it.
- A warmly relatable story, even though it sounds like a sordid, lustful tale of promiscuity (which it also
Sara Hansen
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is hilarious and as described - laugh out loud. However, occasionally, it just rings true and is slightly uncomfortable. The author is incredibly open and barring her soul as well as her past, in fun yet sometimes discomfitting ways. The writing is witty, honest, sometimes crude and very relatable. I have enjoyed it and I think men would have a lot to take out of it, too!
If you reproach yourself for some youthful - at whatever age - exploits and fun, read this! It will fix your perspec
Melody Vig
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I dove in headfirst, not knowing what to expect, and discovered an author who is witty, relatable, hilarious, humble, honest, crude and AWESOME. I am so grateful to say I won this book and I feel like it was fate. I highly recommend this great read to anyone who has experienced the trials and tribulations of love and life (Read: just about everyone! Woman and Man).
Mike He
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hilarious and humorous, Mad About Men: A Menmoir is fun and interesting to read, relate to and reflect. It reveals author and single mother Madelyn Morgan's relentless pursuit for love and happiness as well as her insatiable desire for company and intimate relationship. Her candidness, straightforwardness while, at the same time, being honest and true to self are what makes the memoir (or her own personal dating experiences) more believable, and readable. Not only is this book educational for wo ...more
Madelyn Morgan
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Is it acceptable to give your own book 5 stars? Well, I had a blast writing it, so it was a 5 star experience for me...let me know if you are at all amused if you read it.
Meg Harkins
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Cow

There is so much candor going on with this book!! The detailed sexual exploits are fun but I'm most impressed with the author's ability to rip her heart out and dissect it for us on the page. Brave stuff and laugh out loud adventures in NYC! A great subway read!
Marah Sepia
Mar 08, 2018
Lindsey
Mar 11, 2018
Sarah Wreford
rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2017
Bob Green
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mad About Men makes me want to be BFFs with Madelyn Morgan. A) Because she has adventures that I will never have in my life and B) so I can tell her that her love life is a hilarious train-wreck to her face over a few cocktails.

The book is a sweet, intimate and vulgar look at a busy, successful, single mom's sex life and her search for Mr. Right AND Mr. Right Now. It seems she can't decide which and that's perfectly OK. We all get a little nutty looking for the D and the description of her vari
Sharron
Sep 02, 2017
Kari Beasley
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-won
Funny, honest, real, that's how I feel about this book.

While I haven't experienced any of what Madelyn has her story is still very relatable.
Zamfir McGillicutty
Melly Mel
Charissa
Anne
Feb 03, 2017
Madelyn Morgan is a music business marketing executive. After years of using her creative talent for the benefit of others, she decided to focus on her first love, writing. She also hosts a weekly radio segment (her second love), also called Mad About Men, which airs on WIYY, Baltimore. Morgan lives in New York City with her teenage kid (her true love), who is not allowed to read this book until s ...more