Start by marking “The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)

The Duchess Deal

(Girl Meets Duke #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  14,688 ratings  ·  2,286 reviews
When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…

Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir—which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in hi
Published August 22nd 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Duchess Deal, please sign up.
Sha Nope. Alexandra's book is out in Summer 2018. I assume the other books will be released even later.
MK She explains it here: http://tessadare.com/bookshelf/the-du...

A note to my UK readers:

This series will be published in the UK by Mills & Boon.…more
She explains it here: http://tessadare.com/bookshelf/the-du...

A note to my UK readers:

This series will be published in the UK by Mills & Boon. That’s the good news! It means print copies will be in more places, and the book will have this beautiful cover just for the UK. However, there’s a downside. Because the UK edition was arranged a bit late in the game, Mills & Boon could not match the US publication date. The book can be preordered: However, be forewarned that the dates on the various sites may not be correct yet. The current UK release date is February 22, 2018. (I know, I know. February?!) I share the impatience and I’m terribly sorry for the wait. If it’s any consolation, I’ll be coming to the UK in February for some reader events! More info on that to come. Again, you have my sincere apologies for the inconvenience or any disappointment, and if you’d like to email me about it or ask questions, please do.(less)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
“If it’s a wife you want,” she said, “surely you could find many women—many well-bred ladies—who would be willing to marry you.”

“Yes, but I’d have to find them. This saves me so much effort.”

She threw him a sidelong glance. “Can you not hear yourself? Do you truly not know how insulting that sounds?”

“I should think it sounds beneficent. I’m offering you a title and fortune. All you have to do is lie back in the dark, then spend nine months swelling up like a tick. What could possibly deter any
Anne
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Lady Penny is a vegetarian,” Miss Teague said. “I’m afraid I don’t understand.” “She doesn’t eat meat,” Emma said. He paused. “I still don’t understand.” <--I feel you, dude.

So, our hero is recently back from the war.
What war, Anne?
I don't know. It's a romance - stop quizzing me!

Anyway.
While he was there, Ash (Duke of Ashbury) had a teeny run-in with some cannon fire...

description

In other words, he is a for-real scarred hero. Chunks of this guy are just missing.
Poof! Gone!
War is hell, right? So, it's
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Is it possible for my swoons to have swoons? Because I'm pretty sure they all mated together in a swooning frenzy and had swoon babies. I mean all of the swoons! ALL OF THEM!!!! This book w
Geri Reads
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-my-loves
This is on sale for TODAY only at $1.99! --> http://amzn.to/2D1XO46

This was one of swooooooooooniest book I've read this year. The only other books that can compare in terms of the swoon factor was the Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas and The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean. All three are historicals and all three worked like a charm.

War had taught him two things. First, life was fleeting. Second, duty wasn’t.

The hero, the Duke of Ashbury became a recluse and withdrew from society due t
Melanie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melanie by: Paloma

“Charming princes weren’t always what they seemed. Shining armor went out of fashion with the Crusades. And if fairy godmothers existed, hers was running several years late.”

Wow, The Duchess Deal single-handedly restored my faith in historical romances. Seriously, all of 2018 has been me being disappointed with every historical book I pick up, but this one? Friends, I was laughing out loud, I was clutching my pearls, I was melting into a puddle of goo on the ground. This book made me feel ev
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I'm really not that big on historical romances. And then suddenly... this is my third one this month!

➦If it has an arranged marriage trope, I'll read it. Because, honestly?

➦It was a fast and entertaining enough read with a grumpy asshole duke of a hero and a poor seamstress of a heroine. He needs a heir and she needs the money.

➦So I guess, in a way it was a Beauty and the Beast re-telling and, while I didn't find it as humorous as some people did, I still enjoyed it and would recommend it to a
NMmomof4
4.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a great beauty and the beast type story. The Duke is scarred externally and internally (by his ex), and the h is the feisty seamstress-to-duchess that fixes him! The banter and wit was awesome, and probably one of my favorite things about it. My absolute favorite was the H! He was too funny and not as grumpy and horrible to deal with as he was made out to be, and I loved that Emma simply became his weakness and his strength all in one. The sexy times were pret
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Y’all. Smutathon has turned me into historical romance trash and I have ZERO REGRETS. Tessa Dare is my new queen (duchess???????) don’t @ me
Michelle
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-dare
“The Duchess Deal” is sweet, tender and laugh out loud funny! Tessa Dare’s writing is excellent-- the first few paragraphs hooked me, and every line after kept me tangled in her web. I could barely put the book down! Now the plot might be a bit on the already-been-there-done-that, yet the sarcasm and wit pouring off the pages made it seem new and exciting with every turn. Underneath the humor is a beautiful story of two hurt people who find love in each other.

Ash and Emma were so easy to love a
Bubu
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hr, 2-stars, read-2017
The Duchess Deal is a veritable clusterfuck. As much as it pains me - being this author's fan - I can't find any other description that underlines my shock.

This is now the third book in the last few months that I was looking forward to and that left me with the question if that's really all the authors could come up with. Over the time, I've learned to curb my excitement and don't expect a five-star read every time a book is published. What I expect is good entertainment.

The Duchess Deal is quic
Jilly
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Over 30 of my friends wrote reviews on this book, and many others just rated it, so I'm a little late. The thing that struck me strongest was how strong everyone felt about this book. There were tons of 5-stars and then 1-stars. How funny that a funny little HR would inspire so much controversy.

So, here's the deal:
The duke, Ash, is one of those scarred and broken heroes. And, he is soooo snarky that I immediately wanted to marry him. Well, except that he's scarred and broken and I'm pretty shal
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
SUPER-STEAL DEAL - http://amzn.to/2mb1Pft - $ 1.99!

✮✮✮ ALL OF THE STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Ladies (and gents) - this made the list of my 2017 favorites. I knew after the first couple of pages that this book would be special but the more I advanced the more it became obvious what a wonderful story Tessa Dare has created with The Duchess Deal.

For once I'll forgo the summary because the blurb says it all...

Emma is a spirited young woman with a huge capacity for love and compassio
Navessa
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

HAHAHAHA. So here for this male lead and his dry, whip-sharp sense of humor. I laughed my way through this entire book.

Tessa Dare is quickly becoming my go-to historical romance author. Her novels are always so full of humor and chemistry and feminism. In this one, there’s even a line that ties in to current events
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, historical
My first 5 Star of the year...

Beauty and the Beast type scenario…One Star
Lovable heroine… One Star
Broody sweet hero… One Star
Clever witty humor … One Star
Fantastic fiery chemistry… One Star

"Sometimes life takes an unexpected turn."
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert: Kindle Monthly Deal Aug 2018 at Amazon for 1.99

This was A-dor-ABLE. First I love Emma she is my kind of girl. She had me on page 2 when this was used to describe her.
“Emma Gladstone had learned a few hard lessons by the age of two-and-twenty. Charming princes weren’t always what they seemed. Shining armor went out of fashion with the Crusades. And if fairy godmothers existed, hers was running several years late. Most of the time, a girl needed to rescue herself.”

Beauty and the Be
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Re-read May 1, 2018

This book is so amazing! I just love it so much. So fun and sexy. Just perfect!

Original review August 23, 2017

I loved it!! LOVED IT! Without a doubt my favorite Historical Romance of the year and my favorite book by Tessa Dare.

Ash was so amazing! He's witty, sexy and loyal. Emma was great too. I want to have a friend like her. She's smart, sweet and I loved that she keeps Ash on his toes. Their banter was priceless. I loved that they talked to each other and there wasn't any
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

Your days will be yours to do whatever you wish." His voice darkened. "Your nights, however, will belong to me."

You guys. You guys. I can't believe I didn't read this sooner! The Duchess Deal was everything I never knew I needed! I love Emma and Ash so much, I can't help but grin whenever I think about them. Some parts and elements of the story reminded me a little of Beauty and the Beast but I wouldn't call it a retelling.

Healed from the scars he obtained during the war, the Duke of Ashbury
Stacey is Sassy
Loving the person, scars and all.

I can confidently say that everyone has scars. Not all scars are the same and some are invisible to the eye. It’s easy to stare at a scar and see the damage. Some people wear their scars with honour and some hide them in shame. Can a person learn to love their scars and grow from their survival? For me, the answer is a definite YES. I have scars and I wear them with honour. Who wouldn’t be proud or learnt from a mistake, when they’ve survived car accidents, child
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'Dream. Hope. More' Stars!

Now I completely understand many of my book friends swooning so hard over this book. I TOTALLY GET IT. This book was simply BRILLIANT. It's been the longest time since my last historical romance read and now this masterpiece just reminded me why I love it so much! I can't even put it properly into words but Tessa Dare just made me melt into a puddle of happiness.

The Duchess Deal is the first installment of Tessa Dare’s Girl Meets Duke series and it’s one of the best
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 AMAZING stars <3

I'm so in love with this story,I absolutely adored everything about The Duchess Deal,the characters the plot and the romance!I'm still swooning thinking about it and I can tell you for sure that I'm going to re-read it really soon!!!

Emma and Ash's relationship starts with a slow burn and grows into something intense,passionate and hot.I loved watching them trying to find their way to a true relationship.Ash in the beginning isn't so easy as a hero but I can understand him,th
Ginger
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, gcac_2018
I really enjoyed this book in the new series by Tessa Dare!! I enjoyed both characters and the plot was well done.

The Duke of Ashbury is unhappy and scarred from the war. Like really scarred, on this face and body. He needs a wife so that he can produce an heir. He doesn't want his jackass of a cousin to get the title if something happens to him.

In comes Emma Gladstone! She's a seamstress and has been abandoned by her father the Vicar. Her Dad is a terrible person!
She ends up sewing a wedding dr
Carol (Bookaria)
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, fiction, romance
After reading Romancing the Duke by the same author I was looking forward to this book and...

I liked it but did not love it as much as the previous one.

The Duke of Asbury is looking for a bride to produce an heir and sets up a marriage of convenience with a seamstress named Emma. He has some rules that she must follow, the only problem is that she intends to break them all!

I loved the the character of the Duke, he is great, a stout man with very dry humor and sharp wit. He was scarred in war a
Jo
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All HR fans who loves a good marriage of convenience story :-)
“The creatures most difficult to reach make the most loving companions in the end.”

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale so of course I was super excited to read this author’s version of it and once again Tessa Dare did not disappoint. I really enjoyed this funny and charming marriage of convenience!

“I’m offering you a title and fortune. All you have to do is lie back in the dark, then spend nine months swelling up like a tick. What could possibly deter any woman from accepting?”
April (Aprilius Maximus)
God, I love Tessa Dare so much she is the actual queen of romance don't @ me. Also there's a cat in this book! so it immediately gets 10 stars!
Avid Booker
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Want a Mild Tessa Book
This took me FOREVER to read. Which is odd because Tessa is my favorite author. But I was irritated by the main girl's need to help this girl who got pregnant. She BARELY knew her but was incessant on helping. I'm glad she didn't try to take the baby in as hers or anything. But call me cruel, this wasn't her battle. She already had her own problems.

Ash, our hero, the beast, scarred, super insecure. I loved him at first and I can't quite remember why? That sounds bad because I still liked him onc
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*3.5 stars*

I debated my rating a bit for this one but decided to round up as the narration from Mary Jane Wells was very good and the story was fun, more like a romantic comedy, which is what I needed in my life at that moment.

I will always love Tessa Dare and buy her stuff. She is like crack for me, and even if I read a book from her that I don't 5-star, I know I'll eat up the other books in the same series.

I have a big weakness for a scarred MC, and I loved how we got a MC that wasn't just a

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

🌟 I read this for the Yule Bingo Challenge, for the category of Luna: lovable sidekick. For more info on this challenge, click here. 🌟

THE DUCHESS DEAL was my romance group's book of the month for November, and I am only now just getting around to it because people are jerks and don't return their library books on time. I figured it would be a two-birds-one-stone type of affair: belatedly finish our group read and also knock out a category o
Viri
***4.5 If you need a wife... I need a Husband STARS ✨ ***

description
Mi amor por los duques lo he proclamado ya mil veces a los cuatro vientos... así que si alguien sabe de otro que me enamore hasta las patitas como lo hizo Ash... favor de pasar a comentar aquí abajito MUAJAJJA #LosDuquesMeDerritenYMeEncanta

Me estuve pensando un tiempo el hacer esta reseña, porque francamente... nada de lo que pueda decir le hará justicia a este libro. La verdad ni siquiera la lean, solo vayan a por el libro, conozcan a
Lyn
When it comes to a funny, sweet, steamy, heartfelt historical romance, Tessa Dare does not disappoint!
Warda
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
[3.5 ⭐]

I can’t deal with how happy Tessa Dare’s books make me.
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Girl Meets Duke (3 books)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
“Yes, I am certain it’s infatuation. I’ve felt it before.”
Now Ash was the one who became a maelstrom of irrational emotion. That emotion being jealous anger. “Toward whom?”
“Why should it matter?”
“Because,” he said, “I like to know the names of the people I despise. I keep them in a little book and pore over it from time to time, whilst sipping brandy and indulging in throaty, ominous laughter.”
18 likes
“Are you—” There seemed no way to say it but to say it. “Your Grace, are you trying to get me into your bed?”
“Yes. Nightly. I said as much, not a minute ago. Are you listening at all?”
“Listening, yes,” she muttered to herself. “Comprehending, no.”
“I’ll have my solicitor draw up the papers.” He returned to his place behind the desk. “We can do it on Monday.”
“Your Grace, I don’t—”
“Tuesday, then.”
“Your Grace, I cannot—”
“Well, I’m afraid my schedule is quite booked for the rest of the week.” He flipped through the pages of an agenda. “Brooding, drinking, indoor badminton tournament . . .”
14 likes