Start by marking “The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)

The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  8,445 Ratings  ·  1,460 Reviews
When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…

Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir—which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in hi
Published August 22nd 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Duchess Deal, please sign up.

Sha Nope. Alexandra's book is out in Summer 2018. I assume the other books will be released even later.
Lizzie b There is a way to change your Amazon account to a different country and that allows you to purchase it then switch back. It's a bit complicated, done…moreThere is a way to change your Amazon account to a different country and that allows you to purchase it then switch back. It's a bit complicated, done through settings on your account section.
Maybe ring Amazon and ask for help(?) (less)

Michelle
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Michelle by: Katrina
“The Duchess Deal” is sweet, tender and laugh out loud funny! Tessa Dare’s writing is excellent-- the first few paragraphs hooked me, and every line after kept me tangled in her web. I could barely put the book down! Now the plot might be a bit on the already-been-there-done-that, yet the sarcasm and wit pouring off the pages made it seem new and exciting with every turn. Underneath the humor is a beautiful story of two hurt people who find love in each other.

Ash and Emma were so easy to love a
Khanh (the meanie)
Aug 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
“If it’s a wife you want,” she said, “surely you could find many women—many well-bred ladies—who would be willing to marry you.”

“Yes, but I’d have to find them. This saves me so much effort.”

She threw him a sidelong glance. “Can you not hear yourself? Do you truly not know how insulting that sounds?”

“I should think it sounds beneficent. I’m offering you a title and fortune. All you have to do is lie back in the dark, then spend nine months swelling up like a tick. What could possibly deter any
Anne
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Lady Penny is a vegetarian,” Miss Teague said. “I’m afraid I don’t understand.” “She doesn’t eat meat,” Emma said. He paused. “I still don’t understand.” <--I feel you, dude.

So, our hero is recently back from the war.
What war, Anne?
I don't know. It's a romance - stop quizzing me!

Anyway.
While he was there, Ash (Duke of Ashbury) had a teeny run-in with some cannon fire...

description

In other words, he is a for-real scarred hero. Chunks of this guy are just missing.
Poof! Gone!
War is hell, right? So, it's
Maddie

Thanks, Dad. This book’s for you

Please don’t read chapters
7, 9, 11, 17, 19, 21, or 28
🙊🙉🙈

Well now I was totally interested why her dad should not read those specific chapters!

LMAO, 🙊🙉🙈

Emma Gladstone had learned a few hard lessons by the age of two-and-twenty.

if fairy godmothers existed, hers was running several years late.
Most of the time, a girl needed to rescue herself
🌻🌻🌻🌻

Emma:

🍁Complexion: cream.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Is it possible for my swoons to have swoons? Because I'm pretty sure they all mated together in a swooning frenzy and had swoon babies. I mean all of the swoons! ALL OF THEM!!!! This book w
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is on sale for TODAY only at $1.99! --> http://amzn.to/2D1XO46

This was one of swooooooooooniest book I've read this year. The only other books that can compare in terms of the swoon factor was the Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas and The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean. All three are historicals and all three worked like a charm.

War had taught him two things. First, life was fleeting. Second, duty wasn’t.

The hero, the Duke of Ashbury became a recluse and withdrew from society due t
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I'm really not that big on historical romances. And then suddenly... this is my third one this month!

➦If it has an arranged marriage trope, I'll read it. Because, honestly?

➦It was a fast and entertaining enough read with a grumpy asshole duke of a hero and a poor seamstress of a heroine. He needs a heir and she needs the money.

➦So I guess, in a way it was a Beauty and the Beast re-telling and, while I didn't find it as humorous as some people did, I still enjoyed it and would recommend it to a
NMmomof4
4.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a great beauty and the beast type story. The Duke is scarred externally and internally (by his ex), and the h is the feisty seamstress-to-duchess that fixes him! The banter and wit was awesome, and probably one of my favorite things about it. My absolute favorite was the H! He was too funny and not as grumpy and horrible to deal with as he was made out to be, and I loved that Emma simply became his weakness and his strength all in one. The sexy times were pret
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
SUPER-STEAL DEAL - http://amzn.to/2mb1Pft - $ 1.99!

✮✮✮ ALL OF THE STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Ladies (and gents) - this made the list of my 2017 favorites. I knew after the first couple of pages that this book would be special but the more I advanced the more it became obvious what a wonderful story Tessa Dare has created with The Duchess Deal.

For once I'll forgo the summary because the blurb says it all...

Emma is a spirited young woman with a huge capacity for love and compassio
Bubu
The Duchess Deal is a veritable clusterfuck. As much as it pains me - being this author's fan - I can't find any other description that underlines my shock.

This is now the third book in the last few months that I was looking forward to and that left me with the question if that's really all the authors could come up with. Over the time, I've learned to curb my excitement and don't expect a five-star read every time a book is published. What I expect is good entertainment.

The Duchess Deal is quic
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, historical
My first 5 Star of the year...

Beauty and the Beast type scenario…One Star
Lovable heroine… One Star
Broody sweet hero… One Star
Clever witty humor … One Star
Fantastic fiery chemistry… One Star

"Sometimes life takes an unexpected turn."
Ginger
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book in the new series by Tessa Dare!! I enjoyed both characters and the plot was well done.

The Duke of Ashbury is unhappy and scarred from the war. Like really scarred, on this face and body. He needs a wife so that he can produce an heir. He doesn't want his jackass of a cousin to get the title if something happens to him.

In comes Emma Gladstone! She's a seamstress and has been abandoned by her father the Vicar. Her Dad is a terrible person!
She ends up sewing a wedding dr
Stacey is Sassy
Loving the person, scars and all.

I can confidently say that everyone has scars. Not all scars are the same and some are invisible to the eye. It’s easy to stare at a scar and see the damage. Some people wear their scars with honour and some hide them in shame. Can a person learn to love their scars and grow from their survival? For me, the answer is a definite YES. I have scars and I wear them with honour. Who wouldn’t be proud or learnt from a mistake, when they’ve survived car accidents, child
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'Dream. Hope. More' Stars!

Now I completely understand many of my book friends swooning so hard over this book. I TOTALLY GET IT. This book was simply BRILLIANT. It's been the longest time since my last historical romance read and now this masterpiece just reminded me why I love it so much! I can't even put it properly into words but Tessa Dare just made me melt into a puddle of happiness.

The Duchess Deal is the first installment of Tessa Dare’s Girl Meets Duke series and it’s one of the best
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert 07Jan17 at Amazon for 1.99

This was A-dor-ABLE. First I love Emma she is my kind of girl. She had me on page 2 when this was used to describe her.
“Emma Gladstone had learned a few hard lessons by the age of two-and-twenty. Charming princes weren’t always what they seemed. Shining armor went out of fashion with the Crusades. And if fairy godmothers existed, hers was running several years late. Most of the time, a girl needed to rescue herself.”

Beauty and the Beast is one of my favor
Carol (Bookaria)
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance, 2017
After reading Romancing the Duke by the same author I was looking forward to this book and...

I liked it but did not love it as much as the previous one.

The Duke of Asbury is looking for a bride to produce an heir and sets up a marriage of convenience with a seamstress named Emma. He has some rules that she must follow, the only problem is that she intends to break them all!

I loved the the character of the Duke, he is great, a stout man with very dry humor and sharp wit. He was scarred in war a
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 AMAZING stars <3

I'm so in love with this story,I absolutely adored everything about The Duchess Deal,the characters the plot and the romance!I'm still swooning thinking about it and I can tell you for sure that I'm going to re-read it really soon!!!

Emma and Ash's relationship starts with a slow burn and grows into something intense,passionate and hot.I loved watching them trying to find their way to a true relationship.Ash in the beginning isn't so easy as a hero but I can understand him,th
Jo
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All HR fans who loves a good marriage of convenience story :-)
“The creatures most difficult to reach make the most loving companions in the end.”

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale so of course I was super excited to read this author’s version of it and once again Tessa Dare did not disappoint. I really enjoyed this funny and charming marriage of convenience!

“I’m offering you a title and fortune. All you have to do is lie back in the dark, then spend nine months swelling up like a tick. What could possibly deter any woman from accepting?”
Jilly
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Over 30 of my friends wrote reviews on this book, and many others just rated it, so I'm a little late. The thing that struck me strongest was how strong everyone felt about this book. There were tons of 5-stars and then 1-stars. How funny that a funny little HR would inspire so much controversy.

So, here's the deal:
The duke, Ash, is one of those scarred and broken heroes. And, he is soooo snarky that I immediately wanted to marry him. Well, except that he's scarred and broken and I'm pretty shal
Avid Booker
Dec 30, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE!: The 1st chapter is up on Tessa's site! And omg..... a scarred, world weary hero, who thinks he's too beastly to love???>?>?>?>?>!!! OMG. I'm SCREAAMING. I NEED THIS BOOK>.

NO ONE TOLD ME!!!! AHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!!! I CANT CONTAIN THE EXCITEMENT!
description

This plot has me written all over it!
Viri
***4.5 If you need a wife... I need a Husband STARS ✨ ***

description
Mi amor por los duques lo he proclamado ya mil veces a los cuatro vientos... así que si alguien sabe de otro que me enamore hasta las patitas como lo hizo Ash... favor de pasar a comentar aquí abajito MUAJAJJA #LosDuquesMeDerritenYMeEncanta

Me estuve pensando un tiempo el hacer esta reseña, porque francamente... nada de lo que pueda decir le hará justicia a este libro. La verdad ni siquiera la lean, solo vayan a por el libro, conozcan a

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

🌟 I read this for the Yule Bingo Challenge, for the category of Luna: lovable sidekick. For more info on this challenge, click here. 🌟

THE DUCHESS DEAL was my romance group's book of the month for November, and I am only now just getting around to it because people are jerks and don't return their library books on time. I figured it would be a two-birds-one-stone type of affair: belatedly finish our group read and also knock out a category o
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
I loved it!! LOVED IT! Without a doubt my favorite Historical Romance of the year and my favorite book by Tessa Dare.

Ash was so amazing! He's witty, sexy and loyal. Emma was great too. I want to have a friend like her. She's smart, sweet and I loved that she keeps Ash on his toes. Their banter was priceless. I loved that they talked to each other and there wasn't any unnecessary drama.

Overall an amazing HR with a beautiful love story. This book is going to my list of faves of all time.
nick

Tessa Dare is an absolute master at what she does. Of course there are hundreds of historical romance authors out there, but no one quite does it like Tessa Dare. Her books are priceless gems. each one better than the previous one. The Duchess Deal was no exception. Telling the story of two unlikely personalities in a marriage of convenience falling slowly but hardly for each other, The Duchess Deal is Tessa Dare’s most magical, most romantic, and sexiest novel to date.

As always Dare writes char
♥Rachel♥
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, historical
4.5 Stars

Tessa Dare’s writing is brilliant! She’s one of my all-time favorite historical romance writers, so it’s no surprise that The Duchess Deal was utterly fun, with clever banter, but also emotional and touching.

The Duke of Ashbury is a dark and difficult man after the war left him a scarred shell of his former self. His fiancée could hardly bare to look at him so their engagement came to an end, but Ash still needs to produce an heir to inherit. As he’s mulling this over, Emma crashes int
Ally
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emma and Ash sitting in a tree, first comes a wedding dress, then comes marriage and finally, they get around to that love business

sitting in a tree

Series: It is

Sexy times: Indeed although I believe that lack that certain deliciousness most of Dare's sexy times are known for.

Plan on reading more by the author: Of course.

Synopsis
Emma shows up at Ash's house in a wedding dress that apparently resembles unicorn vomit and something.

unicorn vomit

The dress was commissioned by Ash's former fiance who simply found him too disgu
Gi's Spot Reviews
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All Time Fav and overall Swoonfest Alert! This book was HR Perfection

Duchess Deal was my first Tessa Dare, and I’m still mentally facepalming myself for only getting to it now. Damn, this woman writes Historical Romance like nobody’s business.
Of course that it was one of my all time fav tropes, with our scarred and tormented Duke of Ashbury, helped transporting it to my all time top fav HR list, but there was so much literary beauty in this book, that plain old made me swoon left and right!
Rachel Reads Ravenously

3 stars

After seeing this book on multiple best of 2017 lists and many recommendations I knew I had to read it. And I enjoyed it I really did! I laughed a few times and enjoyed the characters. But I didn't fall in love with this book nor did I have the all consuming need to finish this book.

Follow me on ♥ FacebookBlogInstagramTwitter
Mei
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I was afraid that this would be an awful disappointment after reading a good number of my friends' reviews, but actually it was not bad.

Yu should pick this up without great expectations. If a simple, fluffy, rather unbelievable book, but it has its good and funny moments. But you have to susprend belief. The historical accuracy is totally lacking!

I don't think that a duke would have been treated in such a familiar fashion by his stuff or by anybody!

Still it was endearing to read how a steamstre
Nicola
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
I can’t even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed The Duchess Deal and with each turn of the page Tessa Dare’s words drew me in bringing her characters to life.

description …you’ll either be the making of him, or he’ll be the ruin of you.”

This story was made for me by the witty, sharp dialogue between two amazing lead characters—the Duke of Ashbury and seamstress, Emma Gladstone. Cynical, blunt, grumpy and angry, Ash meets his match in Emma and with a smart mind of her own and a tendency to say what is on
Unapologetic Roma...: Dare, Tessa // The Duchess Deal 41 51 Jan 18, 2018 08:13PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 25, 2017 11:37AM
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen
More about Tessa Dare...

Girl Meets Duke (2 books)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
“Yes, I am certain it’s infatuation. I’ve felt it before.”
Now Ash was the one who became a maelstrom of irrational emotion. That emotion being jealous anger. “Toward whom?”
“Why should it matter?”
“Because,” he said, “I like to know the names of the people I despise. I keep them in a little book and pore over it from time to time, whilst sipping brandy and indulging in throaty, ominous laughter.”
9 likes
“Fortune was a heartless witch in perpetual anticipation of her monthly courses.” 8 likes