Start by marking “The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)

The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  4,309 Ratings  ·  870 Reviews
When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…

Since his return from war, the Duke of Ashbury’s to-do list has been short and anything but sweet: brooding, glowering, menacing London ne’er-do-wells by night. Now there’s a new item on the list. He needs an heir—which means he needs a wife. When Emma Gladstone, a vicar’s daughter turned seamstress, appears in hi
Published August 22nd 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Duchess Deal, please sign up.

Sha Nope. Alexandra's book is out in Summer 2018. I assume the other books will be released even later.
Lizzie b There is a way to change your Amazon account to a different country and that allows you to purchase it then switch back. It's a bit complicated, done…moreThere is a way to change your Amazon account to a different country and that allows you to purchase it then switch back. It's a bit complicated, done through settings on your account section.
Maybe ring Amazon and ask for help(?) (less)

Michelle
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Michelle by: Katrina
“The Duchess Deal” is sweet, tender and laugh out loud funny! Tessa Dare’s writing is excellent-- the first few paragraphs hooked me, and every line after kept me tangled in her web. I could barely put the book down! Now the plot might be a bit on the already-been-there-done-that, yet the sarcasm and wit pouring off the pages made it seem new and exciting with every turn. Underneath the humor is a beautiful story of two hurt people who find love in each other.

Ash and Emma were so easy to love a
Khanh (the meanie)
Aug 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
“If it’s a wife you want,” she said, “surely you could find many women—many well-bred ladies—who would be willing to marry you.”

“Yes, but I’d have to find them. This saves me so much effort.”

She threw him a sidelong glance. “Can you not hear yourself? Do you truly not know how insulting that sounds?”

“I should think it sounds beneficent. I’m offering you a title and fortune. All you have to do is lie back in the dark, then spend nine months swelling up like a tick. What could possibly deter any
Anne
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Lady Penny is a vegetarian,” Miss Teague said. “I’m afraid I don’t understand.” “She doesn’t eat meat,” Emma said. He paused. “I still don’t understand.” <--I feel you, dude.

So, our hero is recently back from the war.
What war, Anne?
I don't know. It's a romance - stop quizzing me!

Anyway.
While he was there, Ash (Duke of Ashbury) had a teeny run-in with some cannon fire...

description

In other words, he is a for-real scarred hero. Chunks of this guy are just missing.
Poof! Gone!
War is hell, right? So, it's
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Emma Gladstone had learned a few hard lessons by the age of two-and-twenty. Charming princes weren’t always what they seemed. Shining armor went out of fashion with the Crusades. And if fairy godmothers existed, hers was running several years late. Most of the time, a girl needed to rescue herself.

Is it possible for my swoons to have swoons? Because I'm pretty sure they all mated together in a swooning frenzy and had swoon babies. I mean all of the swoons! ALL OF THEM!!!! This book w
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one of swooooooooooniest book I've read this year. The only other books that can compare in terms of the swoon factor was the Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas and The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean. All three are historicals and all three worked like a charm.

War had taught him two things. First, life was fleeting. Second, duty wasn’t.

The hero, the Duke of Ashbury became a recluse and withdrew from society due to the injuries he sustained in the war. His face and his body was so s
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I'm really not that big on historical romances. And then suddenly... this is my third one this month!

➦If it has an arranged marriage trope, I'll read it. Because, honestly?

➦It was a fast and entertaining enough read with a grumpy asshole duke of a hero and a poor seamstress of a heroine. He needs a heir and she needs the money.

➦So I guess, in a way it was a Beauty and the Beast re-telling and, while I didn't find it as humorous as some people did, I still enjoyed it and would recommend it to a
NMmomof4
4.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a great beauty and the beast type story. The Duke is scarred externally and internally (by his ex), and the h is the feisty seamstress-to-duchess that fixes him! The banter and wit was awesome, and probably one of my favorite things about it. My absolute favorite was the H! He was too funny and not as grumpy and horrible to deal with as he was made out to be, and I loved that Emma simply became his weakness and his strength all in one. The sexy times were pret
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
✮✮✮ ALL OF THE STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Ladies (and gents) - this made the list of my 2017 favorites. I knew after the first couple of pages that this book would be special but the more I advanced the more it became obvious what a wonderful story Tessa Dare has created with The Duchess Deal.

For once I'll forgo the summary because the blurb says it all...

Emma is a spirited young woman with a huge capacity for love and compassion. When she arrives at the Duke's house all she want
Bubu
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hr, fav-authors, 2-stars
The Duchess Deal is a veritable clusterfuck. As much as it pains me - being this author's fan - I can't find any other description that underlines my shock.

This is now the third book in the last few months that I was looking forward to and that left me with the question if that's really all the authors could come up with. Over the time, I've learned to curb my excitement and don't expect a five-star read every time a book is published. What I expect is good entertainment.

The Duchess Deal is quic
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'Dream. Hope. More' Stars!

Now I completely understand many of my book friends swooning so hard over this book. I TOTALLY GET IT. This book was simply BRILLIANT. It's been the longest time since my last historical romance read and now this masterpiece just reminded me why I love it so much! I can't even put it properly into words but Tessa Dare just made me melt into a puddle of happiness.

The Duchess Deal is the first installment of Tessa Dare’s Girl Meets Duke series and it’s one of the best
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 AMAZING stars <3

I'm so in love with this story,I absolutely adored everything about The Duchess Deal,the characters the plot and the romance!I'm still swooning thinking about it and I can tell you for sure that I'm going to re-read it really soon!!!

Emma and Ash's relationship starts with a slow burn and grows into something intense,passionate and hot.I loved watching them trying to find their way to a true relationship.Ash in the beginning isn't so easy as a hero but I can understand him,th
Stacey is Sassy
Loving the person, scars and all.

I can confidently say that everyone has scars. Not all scars are the same and some are invisible to the eye. It’s easy to stare at a scar and see the damage. Some people wear their scars with honour and some hide them in shame. Can a person learn to love their scars and grow from their survival? For me, the answer is a definite YES. I have scars and I wear them with honour. Who wouldn’t be proud or learnt from a mistake, when they’ve survived car accidents, child
Jo
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All HR fans who loves a good marriage of convenience story :-)
“The creatures most difficult to reach make the most loving companions in the end.”

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale so of course I was super excited to read this author’s version of it and once again Tessa Dare did not disappoint. I really enjoyed this funny and charming marriage of convenience!

“I’m offering you a title and fortune. All you have to do is lie back in the dark, then spend nine months swelling up like a tick. What could possibly deter any woman from accepting?”
Avid Booker
Dec 30, 2016 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE!: The 1st chapter is up on Tessa's site! And omg..... a scarred, world weary hero, who thinks he's too beastly to love???>?>?>?>?>!!! OMG. I'm SCREAAMING. I NEED THIS BOOK>.

NO ONE TOLD ME!!!! AHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!!! I CANT CONTAIN THE EXCITEMENT!
description

This plot has me written all over it!
nick

Tessa Dare is an absolute master at what she does. Of course there are hundreds of historical romance authors out there, but no one quite does it like Tessa Dare. Her books are priceless gems. each one better than the previous one. The Duchess Deal was no exception. Telling the story of two unlikely personalities in a marriage of convenience falling slowly but hardly for each other, The Duchess Deal is Tessa Dare’s most magical, most romantic, and sexiest novel to date.

As always Dare writes char
♥Rachel♥
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, historical
4.5 Stars

Tessa Dare’s writing is brilliant! She’s one of my all-time favorite historical romance writers, so it’s no surprise that The Duchess Deal was utterly fun, with clever banter, but also emotional and touching.

The Duke of Ashbury is a dark and difficult man after the war left him a scarred shell of his former self. His fiancée could hardly bare to look at him so their engagement came to an end, but Ash still needs to produce an heir to inherit. As he’s mulling this over, Emma crashes int
Alyssa

Publication Date: August 22, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

When girl meets Duke, their marriage breaks all the rules…

Ginger
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was great! I loved both characters and the love story was a good one.

Longer review to come.
Jacqueline's Reads
6 Amazing Stars

The Duchess Deal is a standalone and is the first book of the Girl Meets Duke series. This one, totally blew me away. I was scrolling through Goodreads and I noticed a five star reviews. I then read most of the reviews and EVERYONE was raving about this book. I was 100% intrigued and it met and exceeded my expectations.

I loved The Duchess Deal from the FIRST PAGE. I read this book at a slow pace, trying to gather each and every word. I was savoring this story, never wanting it to
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
I loved it!! LOVED IT! Without a doubt my favorite Historical Romance of the year and my favorite book by Tessa Dare.

Ash was so amazing! He's witty, sexy and loyal. Emma was great too. I want to have a friend like her. She's smart, sweet and I loved that she keeps Ash on his toes. Their banter was priceless. I loved that they talked to each other and there wasn't any unnecessary drama.

Overall an amazing HR with a beautiful love story. This book is going to my list of faves of all time.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
5 STARS
A-M-A-Z-i-N-G !!!!!! Full review to follow!

More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Mei
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
I was afraid that this would be an awful disappointment after reading a good number of my friends' reviews, but actually it was not bad.

Yu should pick this up without great expectations. If a simple, fluffy, rather unbelievable book, but it has its good and funny moments. But you have to susprend belief. The historical accuracy is totally lacking!

I don't think that a duke would have been treated in such a familiar fashion by his stuff or by anybody!

Still it was endearing to read how a steamstre
Bev
This had everything I love in a HR book but somehow it didn't quite work and I can't put my finger on why. Loved the characters, the self-depreciating humour Ash had, love the arranged marriage and beauty and the beast tropes but .... *shrugs*

Let's just say I liked it but didn't love it.😞

3.5ish stars
Caz
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've given this an A- for narration and a B for content at AudioGals.

I freely admit that my opinion of the story has probably been coloured by the excellence of the narration. But that's the nature of audiobooks; sometimes a really good narrator can elevate a story into something more than it is in print.

Tessa Dare’s The Duchess Deal is the first book in her new Girl Meets Duke series, and – oh, joy! – it’s narrated by Mary Jane Wells. Her ability to bring out the humour in the texts she narra
Mandi Schreiner
Tessa Dare has become a comfort read for me. I know I will get witty banter, a super sexy romance, and usually something a little different - like mating lobsters, or in this book, badminton. But even though I have these expectations, her books never feel tired or repetitive. They sparkle, and I can't resist a sparkle. And while I did enjoy this book, I didn't immediately text my reading buddies to pick this one up. It's cute, but maybe not the most memorable Tessa Dare.

Our hero is the Duke of A
Grace Cieleen
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
-Edit at 08/30-

I finally read it, after months and months of anticipation -- of deprivation from Tessa's work, I have finally finished this book. AND IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!

I am giving this 5 stars because this book made me feel things. I usually no longer succumb to books making me up all night because for me, sleep is life lately, however this one made an exception. It made me stay up all night and eventually cry my heart out. I kid you not - whilst reading the book, fresh tears pooled my eyes
Debbie DiFiore
Simply wondetful

This was a very romantic book. It was funny, it was sad, it was wonderful and it was moving. The hero had been scarred on one side of his body in war. He had been rejected by his fiancee and he Hid in his house. The heroine was the seamstress who sewed the wedding dress for his ex-fiance and was not paid so she dressed up in it and went to his house to collect. The scene was priceless and the story was off and running. I loved that he cursed using only words he'd read in Shakespe
Lover of Romance
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

I was fairly surprised at how much I enjoyed this one, and what a hilariously wicked romance this turned out to be. Now at first I was a little scared, because I didn't get into the story right away, and since I have struggled with the past couple of her books, I wasn't sure how I would take The Duchess Deal but I can say, with a relieved sigh, that this book totally worked for me in many ways.

Our story takes off with our heroine, storming
M.
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, regency, 2017
First of all, a big thank-you to the publisher Avon and GR's giveaway program for sending me an ARC. Without them, I would have most likely bought this book and then regretted it afterward. More on that later.

Tessa Dare is probably my favorite strictly romance author and one I turn to for a break in reading, especially when I'm in the mood for vaguely historical, regency-esque, bodice-ripping romances that aren't simpering or dull. The writing is usually fun, the characters are funny, and the st
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 5 'Floatish. Singsong-ish.' Hearts!! <3

The Duchess Deal is my first Tessa Dare book and one of the best historical romances I've ever read. It's swoon-worthy, completely romantic, and with just the right amount of humour in it, ensuring an entertaining read from beginning to end. Emma and Ash won me over instantly from page one with their strong and witty personalities that lent to the playful banter between them. And the two of them together, as a couple, are a beautiful balance of s
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen
More about Tessa Dare...

Girl Meets Duke (2 books)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
“Yes, I am certain it’s infatuation. I’ve felt it before.”
Now Ash was the one who became a maelstrom of irrational emotion. That emotion being jealous anger. “Toward whom?”
“Why should it matter?”
“Because,” he said, “I like to know the names of the people I despise. I keep them in a little book and pore over it from time to time, whilst sipping brandy and indulging in throaty, ominous laughter.”
4 likes
“Fortune was a heartless witch in perpetual anticipation of her monthly courses.” 3 likes