Jump to ratings and reviews

Time to Burn

In the eternity of space, hell comes from within.
Angry John Harding has plenty of reasons to be pissed off. His best friend Happy is dead at the hands of vampiric space creatures and his base is destroyed. Angry is, literally, adrift with little to do but hide and seethe. When a female vampire boards his ship with a computer that could allow him to travel through time, John is faced with a choice that he is not ready for. He must decide if he is willing to place his own life in the hands of the very creatures responsible for Happy’s death to save not only Happy, but all of humanity.

280 pages, Paperback

Published October 20, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

M.L. McIntosh

4 books16 followers
Miscreant ex-doctor wandering Louisville, KY in search of a good story. At least a scary one.

Subscribe to my newsletter here (Yes, it's a real link):

Cool offers, book reviews, recommendations and freebies with no spam. I hate spam.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
Profile Image for Corey.
83 reviews3 followers
June 4, 2018
This story is great, but the book needs an editor. Time travel is hard to write well and is a heavy contributor to the plot in Time to Burn. It can be confusing and I found myself having to reread to make sure I knew the what, why and when of certain plot points. The 3 primary characters were great, but shared a similar voice, something not uncommon in the real world. My biggest complaint, and my primary reason for initially recommending an editor (and not scoring higher) was the typos, one that appeared to be caused by a cat stepping on the keyboard, but if you can get past that, the rest is a sort of love story/buddy comedy in space, with vampires, zombies and time travelers of all varieties. Enjoy the ride.
Profile Image for NormaCenva.
1,156 reviews82 followers
March 13, 2018
Actual Rating 3,5 Stars

This book is precisely the reason why half star ratings should be a thing on Goodreads... It is not 4 stars but it is not 3, - it is instead a very strong and well written 3,5 Stars to be sure!
Writing here is very good and the story is over all, well realized. I loved some of the idioms and word-play in this so much! The cover is not really to my taste and the formatting is left wanting, but considering that this is a work of a self-published Author, the result is welcoming.
I was surprised that there were no ratings or reviews of this book from readers, disappointing really, I think it does deserve much more attention!
If the story will ever continue or anything else will be written in this universe I will read it just for the world-building alone. Really enjoyed it and it did brighten my day.
Profile Image for Emily Pennington.
15.6k reviews187 followers
April 11, 2021
This is a unique approach to both vampires and time travel! I would never have thought it could work, but it has, and quite well!

When vampires from the future murder John Harding’s best friend, a vampiress boards his starship to give him options. With a time travel device, John can go back and try to save his friend this time around. He can also perhaps get the vengeance he feels right now if he thinks he can overcome vampires.

But as happens when anyone offers you something, there is usually a cost involved. In this case, he may have be become a blood donor to the sexy vampires. But at least it would give him some options, which is more than he has right now without her help! Will he choose the device and the fate it presents to him? Grab your copy and find out what his future -- or is it his past -- holds!
228 reviews
July 14, 2020
Intense action, forbidden desire, and a friendship worth risking it all. There were times the action was unfolding so fast that I got confused but I wanted to find out what happened next because I enjoyed the characters and the humor. Lots of compelling body horror (vampires, going in and out of stasis, space rations) and surprisingly lovely details. I will take away a greater appreciation for eating humble earth-grown carrots. :)
Profile Image for Hazel.
1,063 reviews1 follower
April 8, 2021
Strange!
I could not get my head around this. Though well-written it was just too odd for me to enjoy. And I couldn't get a handle on the characters.

Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.