Start by marking “Finding The Angel” as Want to Read:
Finding The Angel

Finding The Angel

All She wanted was love...

Shefali is a die-hard romantic. Having lost her parents at a very tender age, she is in search of a place which she can call home. Her passion for Art lands her a job as an art curator to the famous artifacts of the Ranaut Dynasty. When she meets the scion, Aryan Ranaut, she feels that her dream might come true until…

All He wanted was to trust…

Liv
Published December 8th 2016 by The Book Club (first published December 5th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Finding The Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding The Angel

Start your review of Finding The Angel
Surabhi Sharma
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A love story. A mystery of lost artifact. A story of modern age Prince fell in love with an art curator called to catalog the antique collection belonging to Ranaut Estate. A love story weaved in with the mystery of lost and stolen artifact, a very rare Faberge. One of the rarest of its kind. It’s called The Angel with Egg in a Chariot.

I am impressed with the writing of the author. The story is a mix of mystery and romance and woven beautifully. All the characters in the book have portrayed well
Sundari Venkatraman
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finding the Angel is the first novel written and published by Rubina Ramesh, exclusively on Amazon. I have known Rubina to be a versatile writer since almost four years. What I find special in the author’s writing is the way she paints pictures with her words, making the reader sit up with a jerk—simply powerful.

Finding the Angel is a romance novel—about Prince Aryan of the Ranaut Dynasty and Shefali, an art curator. I was keen to read this one from the moment I read it in its brief avatar a fe
Adite
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful romance which has all the elements that romance lovers so love. A haughty and arrogant hero (and a Rajasthani prince to boot!). A strong heroine with just that little hint of vulnerability. And the essential conflict that keeps you turning the pages to know if the two lovers in denial will get together. Apart from the internal conflict, the author adds a dose of 'external' conflict by throwing in a priceless and rare artefact that goes missing. And all this drama takes place ...more
A.
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Honest Review:

Finding the Angel is second book of the author which I have read. The Knitted Tales was a collection of heart and soul touching stories. But Finding The Angel is typical run out of mill, Mills & Boons type story, with suspense as main hero and romance and relationships as supporting cast.
Though I loved the plot, story and the well-developed characters, it's bit difficult to digest Aryan’s attitude towards Shefali. He was such a confused character that his behavior in some sce
Ravi Bedi
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A mystery coupled with sizzling romance is any day more thrilling than HEA type stories flooding the market. This is exactly what Rubina Ramesh has done so effectively with this story to keep you glued to the book. It is not easy to comment upon the works of an accomplished writer of her merit, but I will give it a try in my humble way. Her rich prose, laced with subtle humour, is praiseworthy. The fast paced tale is loaded with good measure of suspense to keep you engaged till the very end.
Ary
Devika Fernando
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I recently read „Knitted Tales“ by Rubina Ramesh and loved her collection of short stories so much that I decided to buy this book too. It is her first romance novel, and here’s hoping it won’t be her last.

I’m currently writing royal romance novels, so reading about a modern-day Indian prince and his family sounded like paradise. It did enjoy the glimpses of their lives immensely. Without wasting precious moments on too many descriptions, the author brought the palace and its setting to life. Ar
Rajan
The love story of a prince charming and a pretty girl next door is intriguing. As this is a modern day romance prince charming comes in a private jet and not on horse. Though he rides a horse.

Faberge the angel is a rare diamond. It is property of Aryan Ranuat the prince. Shefali works for an auction house and is called by Gitanjali Devi to catalogue the artefacts in the fort. Gitanjali Devi is friend of Kalpana who brought up Shefali. Shefali comes to fort is enamoured by Aryan’s charms. They c
Summerita Rhayne
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finding the Angel is the debut full length romance by Rubina Ramesh and after reading it, I must say the author has found her place. The story is rightly paced, neither too fast nor too slow. The hero, arrogant, attractive and damaged - the stuff fantasy is made of (though you wouldn’t like them in real life), is bent upon retribution. He's portrayed as a man with loose morals and little respect for the heroine. However, the heroine's love transforms him. A mystical touch to the traditional heir ...more
Sunita Saldhana
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought I’d take a nap. Then I remembered that I had this new book, “Finding the Angel” by Rubina Ramesh. I thought I’d read a bit till I dozed off. One hour later, nap time was over and so was the book.
What struck me was that those of us who love reading romance, always look to the west for our princes. Mills & Boons are packed with princes from mysterious countries. And here finally we have our Prince Charming or should I say Uncharming, right here in India.
Whenever I review a book, I don’t
Sunanda Chatterjee
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled to be asked to review Finding the Angel via a copy provided by the author because I had read the “Look Inside” section of the book and was already intrigued. And I was not disappointed. Set in contemporary Bombay and in the royal palace of the Ranaut family, this debut novel is a sizzling interplay between a feisty heroine and an arrogant hero. Shefali is an art curator who falls in love with Aryan, the Prince of the Ranaut dynasty while cataloging their artifacts. But just as the ...more
Nilima
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading Finding the Angel by Rubina Ramesh.
The book cover is awesome, the story line is palpable, book cant be put down (be warned) and so I join the crowd of reviewers gushing over it ;)
The plot is so fast and filled with tension all the time, you cant keep the book down. Remember to breath coz you will be angry to most of the time with the Prince Charming.
The characters are so well expressed. Complex characters you create, Rubina !
The mystery and romance mix worked very well. Talk
Dola Singh
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful love story surrounding a rare antique, Finding The Angel was a lovely read interspersed with a dash of humour. If you're looking for a breezy romance to read this summer, pick this up. ...more
Inderpreet Uppal
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finding The Angel is an out and out love story, a sweet romance and a fast-paced thrilling chase to find the Fabergé Egg and a possible killer. Finding The Angel has all the elements of an entertaining, absorbing read with a bit of family love adding to the mix.

I have been reading Rubina’s stories and short fiction since I found the world of blogging five years ago. I was eager to read a romance from Rubina and when she asked me to proofread the book for her, I was impressed with the storyline.
Shree
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've known the writer for quite a while now and have interacted with her over social media. Having not read her previous works, this book came as a complete surprise for me. The book turned out to be an interesting and un-put-downable read.

The story revolves around an alleged theft and an intense royal love affair. The story begins with an antique piece being stolen. Shefali, the art curator is accused of stealing the beautiful piece of art, the fabarge from the Ranaut royals. Prince Aryan, the
Shilpa Suraj
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I grew up on a diet of romance novels and there is nothing I enjoy more than a happily ever after. Finding the Angel took me back to the novels I used to devour back in the day when I spun fantasies of my own sure to be passionate, fiery romance.
Aryan and Shefali were absolutely worth the time taken to delve into their lives. Aryan especially is a true blue romance hero....broody, arrogant, smouldering and under it all a good guy. He certainly stole a teeny weeny piece of my heart.
I liked the p
Reshma Ranjan
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When the Angel steals the heart!
*** a little spoiler in store ;-)
Shefali Verma and Aryan Ranaut when together they sizzle the frame of your imagination.
From their meeting in the Palace, to their sparring with words and at times with … ahem …kisses, Shefali and Aryan just know how to let that tingly feeling in your stomach never to die.
The Fabergé had been a fascination for many but what no one would expect is a Fabergé egg becoming an Angel in Shefali and Aryan’s life.
A good romance read with
M.V. Kasi
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A feel good love story.

I don't normally enjoy reading shorter length novels, since there isn't enough character development or a believable bonding between the MCs. But Shefali and Aryan's story had the right amount of romance, intrigue and angst that I thoroughly enjoyed. Rubina Ramesh, keep them coming!
Wander Girl Life
“Finding the Angel” is a novel by Rubina Ramesh, the founding member of The Book Club. And there was no chance that I would miss reading this book.

‘The Angel’ mentioned in the title is a rare artifact that goes missing from the Ranuat Dynasty home and the entire plot revolves around finding it, with a passionate love story between a love stuck art curator and an arrogant prince running parallel. Shefali is an art curator by profession who has lost her parents at an early age. She is a person dri
Sanchita
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Grandeur, beauty, knowledge and the adrenaline rush, you get it all here, while you are ‘Finding the Angel’. Though a romance novel, this story has much more to offer than just love between the hero and heroine, peppered with dollops of passionate encounters between them. There is a depth in the story, as you set to read it and oscillate between the royal world charm of Ranaut and the mundane Mumbai.

The author has successfully caught the reader by the grip as she starts with a stolen piece of a
 Ashwini Gopalkrishnan
Rubina Ramesh is a fantastic story-teller .Finding the Angel is her second book .With this book she has proved to be the Angel of all the romantic tales .

“Finding the Angel” is the story of Shefali and Aryan and their tryst to be each other′s soul mates is clearly written in a fairy tale kind of fashion . For me Shefali ′s character felt like Cinderella .

The emotions of characters in this book are very well explained .I love the style in which Rubina has explained desk of Aryan′s library room.

Wh
Usha Narayanan
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sexy, saucy tale set against a royal backdrop

A castle. High stone walls. An Adonis draped in a white towel who is our hero Aryan, the prince of the Ranaut Dynasty. Priceless artifacts including a Fabergé egg, known as the Angel, which unfortunately goes missing. And the prime suspect? None other than the curator of these treasures, our sensitive and true blue heroine Shefali. Aryan distrusts her, scarred by the behavior of another beautiful woman who had seduced his father away from his family
Geeta Nair
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
STORY-LINE :- Interesting, intriguing and riveting. The plot is strong and the author has done full justice to it. There is subtle romance as well as suspense.

There are some twists that will leave you guessing and when the suspense breaks you can’t help say, ‘Oh!My God, was …. the main culprit….’ The author has not only been able to get across the brewing romance between Shefali and Aryan Ranaut well, but has also managed to keep the mystery surrounding the loss of ‘The Angel’ well under wraps t
Kavita
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very engrossing book. I loved the nuances with which each n every character and their thoughts were described. I felt I was watching the story on a screen. The chemistry between the Prince and Shefali is very well described n their dilemma to go with heart or head is so well written. It was a roller coaster ride of emotions n the thrill n suspense was kept till almost the end. All in all An enjoyable read.
Mohan
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romantic book

The writing style is good. the author has good command over the language the book is intresting to read and the story is good but in the middle of the book becomes little boring overall book is light hearted romantic book
Arti
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, ebook
The story is simple and has been written very well. The characters have been developed well and are very realistic. The language is simple and the flow is excellent. The conversations between the characters have been very beautifully written and the emotions of both the characters have been described well.

The mystery makes the romance even more interesting.

Looking forward to more romances from you, Rubina.

Loved the book immensely, a perfect read for the vacations.
Mainak Ghosh
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Good leisurely read
Swarnalatha
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, indian, fiction
My Take:

A beautiful damsel in distress, a charming and hot prince with some pretty romance thrown in, this book is a treat for all romance genre lovers. I enjoyed reading this book. A simple story, yet the author maintains the suspense well till the end of the book. Language is lucid and simple. The characters are well defined and have a solid presence in the story.

My Rating: 3/5

My Verdict: Finding the Angel by Rubina Ramesh is your typical romance with a tiny twist thrown in. A must read for a
Angela Peixoto
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this book very exciting right from the very first page of it. This being the 2nd book I have read by Rubina Ramesh I was equally impressed as I was with her "Knitted Tales". There is always that feeling of the unexpected and I found I was hard put to put put down the book to do other things needed doing. I will not say any more but my advise to everyone is "buy it and get reading because I'm sure you will not regret the time spent doing it". ...more
P.G. Van
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good story, interesting concept

The concept of love with no trust was an interesting angle the book offers. The book is clearly written for the Indian readers but pick it up if you want a fun and hot read with Prince charming as you book hero!! ❤ ❤
Deepti
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rubina Ramesh has done it again! After her first book of short stories titled, ‘Knitted Tales’, which brought forth myriad moods of life, her ‘Finding the Angel’ comes across as a breezy romance that is easy and pleasant to read. The mystery kicks in later, but romance it is that reigns, and lingers.
“When he became the seeker, she was his haven. When she became demanding, he became her beacon.”
Shefali Verma is employed to catalogue the Ranaut antiques, and entrusted with the Angel with Egg in a

• The Bride's Brother: A Passionate Romance
  • Bewitched
  • Crash in Love: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Falling For Him
  • Falling For My Best Friend
  • The Logical Part of Me!: Shot#2 (Loveshots)
  • The Passionate Princess: A Historical Romance (The Princess Series #1)
  • Love Unexpected
  • Unsuitable Husband
  • Her Undercover Boss
  • Bound by the Marriage Contract
  • In Debt To Her Millionaire Foe (Millionaire Foe Quartet, #2)
  • Pretend To Be Mine
  • Love, Truth, and Taking Chances (The Kapoor Brothers, #2)
Rubina Ramesh is an avid reader, writer, blogger, book reviewer and marketer. She is the founder of The Book Club, an online book publicity group. Her first literary work was published in her school magazine. It gave her immense pride to see her own name at the bottom of the article. She was about 8 years old at that time. She then went to complete her MBA and after her marriage to her childhood ...more