Start by marking “Ronaldo: The Phantom Carrot Snatcher (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ronaldo: The Phantom Carrot Snatcher (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #2)

Ronaldo: The Phantom Carrot Snatcher

(Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer #2)

Ronaldo and Rudi discover friends come in all shapes and sizes as they embark on a superhero mission to help a lost wolf cub called Ernie find her pack.
Rudi comes up with a plan to find the pack and deliver a message during a speed test at flying school. But Ronaldo isn’t totally onboard with the idea. He desperately wants to break the speed record and the plan means jeop
Published November 17th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Ronaldo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ronaldo

James
Overview
With the holiday season coming up, this is a definite read for children who need a touch of hope and humor. Loosely based on the concepts of reindeer who fly through the sky, with a famous one named Rudolph, this beautiful picture book takes off dashing from there... the lead reindeer character, Ronaldo, is named for a famous soccer player -- you can imagine the great amount of other antics incorporated in the rest of the book. The background story that Maxine Sylvester has created i
Finitha Jose
Ah! The second book in the 'Ronaldo: The Flying Reindeer' series is nothing short of charming. We are introduced to one more character, the wolf cub Ernie, adding to another dose of fun to an already remarkable set of characters. An evil side of me was actually hoping that Ernie won't find her pack so that we could see a bit more of her in the coming stories. But I am glad at the way story unfolded and I really really hope she will be a permanent part of the series. Such cuteness could never be ...more
Princess
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This book was adorable. It perfectly captures the innocence of childhood while lightly touching on bullying. I enjoyed the friendship between the wolves and the reindeer. This has an excellent storyline for children and adults as well:)
Toya
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books that I needed to read at the right time. I was having a crap day, and this book was so incredibly heartwarming and fun to read.

Ronny and Rudi are both reindeers that are pupils at The Reindeer Flying Academy. Ronny is the fastest reindeer of his class, and he’s so close to clenching the golden snowflake trophy. After every flying test, Ronny and Rudi treat themselves to glasses of piping hot chocolate and fresh carrot sticks. The only problem? Ronny’s carrot sticks ke
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
I was given the opportunity to read this children’s book a few months ago, and my one regret is that I didn’t get a chance to read it sooner. From the writing to the illustrations, author Maxine Sylvester has penned a delightful tale.

Ronaldo aka Ronny is the reindeer we don’t hear about in Christmas stories. While all of Santa’s reindeer are mentioned, even Rudolph, Ronny is the star of this story. And he totally deserves that honor.

RONALDO: THE PHANTOM CARROT SNATCHER is a story with so many w
Molly Neely
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adorable

This book was soooooooooooo cute! Sylvester has created a lovely winter wonderland with interesting characters and a fun & engaging story. I was cracking up, this author has a great knack for funny situations.
Loved it!!!!!
Mrs. Y
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This holiday season has come and past, and now we are in January. Though the magical winter period has disappeared, it does not mean that we should give up on warm thoughts of the magic of the season. That’s right guys; it’s time for another review. Get your hot chocolate ready, don’t yell at strangers, make sure you keep your carrots in a vault and try not to invert your 9’s when landing on the runway. It’s time for a review of “Ronaldo: The Phantom Carrot Snatcher” by Maxine Sylvester.

Opinion
Misty's Book Space

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I actually almost turned down reading this book when I realized it was the second book in a series but I asked the author about it and she said it could be read as a standalone and that the first book was basically just an introduction to Ronaldo and his friends. All of that to say that I don't feel like I missed anything by not reading the first book.

I am not the target demographic for this book
Donna Maguire
I love this series, althought it is set for kids, as an adult I still really enjoyed catching up with Ronny and his friends in this book, the second in the series!

The story is great in this one, it is well developed and I loved the characters - we get to meet Ernie in this one and I though she was just lovely! The book has some lovely images too which really help add to the story. There are a couple of plots in this one so plenty to keep you engaged and entertained and children will love it!

Whil
Tabitha Darling
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read Nov 23 2017

I learned two new words from this book, and laughed many times throughout. It was a great, fun read. Refreshing, cheeky, and engaging! Great author, great books, every one of them.
Sahani Perera
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful read that reflects on the importance of good, doing good deeds, and a beautiful friendship.
Holly
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note: I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

“Good friends, make happy times brighter.”

This is a fantastic story following a reign deer by the name of Ronaldo and his unlikely friendship with a wolf. As the story goes along it greatly represents a fantastic friendship which did not disappoint, the way it was portrayed by the author was absolutely perfect and heart warming.

Also again same as the first book, this one had me smiling the whole time and laughing at parts as well. The
Marion Marchetto
If you're not yet a fan of Ronaldo you should be. Children of all ages will enjoy the continuing adventures of Ronaldo the reindeer in this charming children's series. In this second story Ronaldo and his friend Rudi continue their education at The Reindeer Flying Academy where they are second year students. Doing all of that flying and maneuvering means they need lots of carrots to keep up their stamina. But it seems someone has stolen their stash of carrots from Ronaldo's backpack. Was it a gr ...more
Heidi
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
What an amazingly cute and heartfelt story! First and foremost, I was really impressed with this book because the author not only wrote a great story, but she also illustrated adorable pictures!

The writing style and illustrations are wonderful for children. They are inviting, easy to follow, and logically sequenced. All of the illustrations are drawn with enough detail to appropriately show each character’s expressions. Also, I love how the author chose to show diversity among the reindeer. This
B. Roman
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Happy, silly and endearing
Author and illustrator Maxine Sylvester has created an endearing character in Ronaldo - a top flying cadet at the prestigious Reindeer Flying Academy - who loves carrots dipped in hot chocolate. While he trains to win the coveted Golden Snowflake Medal for even more spectacular aviation skills, Renaldo discovers his beloved carrots have been stolen from his backpack by a mysterious thief - for the sixth time!
As Ronaldo tries to find the culprit the story unfolds into a
Kevin McAllion
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a charming children's book that will entertain your little ones and tickle their funny bones. Reindeer Ronaldo is obsessed with becoming the fastest cadet at his flying academy but after befriending a lost baby wolf he starts to view the world from a different perspective. Friendship and love take soon take greater priority as Ronaldo and his best pal Rudi hatch a plan to return baby wolf Ernie to her pack. But to complete their mission, they must conquer their fears and enter the Forres ...more
Kassandra
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank You to Maxine Sylvester for providing me with a copy of this book to review - All opinions are my own.

While Ronaldo and his best friend Rudi prepare for their flying speed test, they notice that someone has been stealing all of their carrots (Gasp 😱)! Rudi has labeled the thief as The Phantom Carrot Snatcher! Do they ever find out who the thief is? And how do they perform on their speed test? This is one adventure you don't want to miss!

I really enjoyed book number 2 in the Ronaldo series
Kirsty Noah-whitlock
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely children's book about Ronaldos tale of finding the Phantom carrot snatcher.
Beautiful illustrations
My 4 year old son found the tinkle and farting parts hilarious as well as others
A sweet story about putting others first
This is more suited to several bed time stories than just one as took me over an hour to read but me and my son both enjoyed it very much
Recommend to anyone with children or even just someone looking for an uplifting short tale.
Another fantastic book from Maxine Sylvester,
Natshane
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
Thank you, Maxine, for providing me with a free copy of this book!

Incredibly cute, funny and nostalgic, I never thought that I'll fall in love with Ronaldo but his adventures reminded me what's it like to be a young at heart again. The illustrations were simply gorgeous and it's the perfect read for young readers, one that I will definitely recommend!

Bring on the hot chocolate and gather around the bonfire, because you bet I'll be there sitting amongst the kids for a read-along ;)
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews

Maxine Sylvester is one very talented woman. Not only has she written a fantastic and funny children's book but the illustrations compliment the story perfectly.

The story moves along quickly with Ronaldo finding a friend in Rudi and I even found my self having a little chuckle along the way.
This is the perfect book for children to read or have it read to them.
Well done.
Mette Barfelt
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maxine-sylvester
Lovely book!
What a beautiful book! I loved the story and I really liked the characters and the plot. A great read for children. The illustrations are amazing! The book is very well written and highly recommended!
Jin
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great work in line with Dickens. I would recommend this book to any parent who wants a sit down and read a story to their children style family Christmas.
O. D. Book Reviews
Description: In this installment our lovable hero Ronaldo and his best friend Rudi investigate the mystery of the missing carrots in between running their time trials at the flying reindeer academy. Ronaldo, is the top student with big aspirations that drive him to constantly try to make the best times. After discovering a wolf pup alone and in danger he is forced to choose between beating the record or helping his new friend.

“It was the sixth time in two weeks that Ronaldo’s carrots had vanishe
Groovy Grandma
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ronaldo: The Phantom Carrot Snatcher is an amusing character and lovable for children and adults alike. His amusing mischief and antics create a world of fun, happiness, and a pleasant feeling of joy. Author Maxine Sylvester has an award-winning formula that begs for parents to read to their children and spend an afternoon of fanciful tales centered around Ronaldo and his friends stunning world. This engaging story will lift you up and induce feelings of wonderment and delightful jubilation.

Meet
Vjolca Capri
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book touched on some of the most common struggles of young children and provided a relatable story to identify with those struggles. One being, the innate selfishness of children versus self sacrifice, is especially highlighted in this book. The main character struggles between hoarding his favorite treats to himself and sharing them with a temporarily homeless wolf pup. At first he lies and does not share his favorite treats. But as time passes, he begins to develop the empathy required to ...more
Shrabastee Chakraborty
The enchanting book ‘Ronaldo The Phantom Carrot Snatcher’ narrates the second endeavor of Ronaldo, a flying cadet at the Reindeer Flying Academy.
The story tells us how after acquiring a completely adorable new friend, Ronaldo is in a dilemma- whether to go for the record of the fastest flying reindeer or to stray off-course to help his new friend return to her parents. Will he choose personal victory over friendship? Assisted by his best friend Rudy, Ronaldo launches into a thrilling new adventu
Robert Fiore
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We start the next Ronaldo adventure flying over the skies above the village of Beresford. Ronaldo is in his second year at the prestigious reindeer flying academy. He is still at the top of his class.

The theme throughout the Ronaldo series is about your ability to believe in yourself so it always reminds me of a popular song from years ago. I'll sing a few lines. Be warned, I have a bad singing voice:

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread m
Michelle Whitham (curled_up_with_a_good_book)
This is such a lovely heartwarming book which I’m sure every child would adore. The story follows Ronaldo and his friend Rudi as they discover, and make friends with a lost wolf cub. Ernie the wolf cub teaches them a few things, and my absolute favourite line from the book is ‘Good friends make happy days brighter and problems lighter‘ – what a lovely message for children to learn (and one I’m keeping in my own head from now on!).

The book has moments where you hold your breathe and keep your fin
BeverleysReads
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer - I was sent a copy of the book by the author in return for an honest review.

This is a magical funny tale of friendship that warms your heart.

Ronaldo and his best pal Rudi are rookie members of the Reindeer Flying Academy when they discover that carrots are being stolen so they make it their mission to discover the truth, with surprising findings!
This is a wonderful story that has the ability to capture a child's heart and imagination whilst teaching them valuable lessons about trust
Píaras Cíonnaoíth
Good friends make happy times brighter!

This is a delightful second book in the series. I read it with my grand-kids and they loved not only the story, but also the amazing illustrations by the author herself. I thought the text and illustrations worked very well together. Equally as adorable was the first installment: Ronaldo: The Reindeer Flying Academy.

Author Maxine Sylvester writes in a wonderful, exciting and imaginative style that guarantees the attention of young minds. If you ever wanted
BookSirens Book R...: Blog or Amazon reviewers 8 20 Dec 01, 2018 02:17AM
BookSirens Book R...: Seeking Reviews on Amazon - Free - Kindle Unlimited! 1 6 Jul 14, 2018 10:18PM
I was born in Hounslow, Middlesex in the south of England. As a child, I loved drawing and took private art classes with a wonderful teacher called, Pearl Lee. She had an abundance of Disney magazines, and I would paint the characters on wood, card, canvas or anything else I was allowed to use, including walls.

When I was nine, my mum took me on holiday to Majorca. I clearly remember being fascinat

Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer (3 books)
  • Ronaldo: The Reindeer Flying Academy (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #1)
  • Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza (Ronaldo the Flying Reindeer, #3)
“IMAGINE! See it, feel it, believe it!
You can do anything, if you truly believe in yourself.”
Ronaldo’s Grandad
Former captain of the North Pole Flying Team, and very wise reindeer.”
0 likes