Jump to ratings and reviews

Gryphon #6

Inferno

With the death of a hero, a dark force has risen. A hellhound is loose on the Rhodes Campus, building its pack with a bloody body count. Any hope for salvation rests in the fiery hands of dashing Irishman, Caleb, with his power over the elements. Fighting to save a dear friend from the internal monster consuming him, Caleb finds the love of his life a target for the vicious attacks. How far will he go to save Celeste from the destiny ravenous to claim her?

64 pages, Kindle Edition

62 books715 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (3%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews
Profile Image for Sabrina Roy.
995 reviews30 followers
February 21, 2019
I will say when I read someone's review saying they wish they would have stopped before read these three novellas, they weren't so wrong. I do not like Rowan at all in this book. Terin/Caleb's relationship is funny. Gabe, don't even get me started on that. But kinda sad it is playing out this way.
Profile Image for Autumn.
2,144 reviews38 followers
December 12, 2016

So in book five we left off with a pretty good cliffhanger.
Book 6 leaves off where Caleb having to use his powers and teaming up with Terin to stop this hellhound that is on the loose. Though this is no normal hellhound. Caleb is still sexy with his Irish accent but yet has that cockiness that makes you just want to go ahhhhhhhh. Terin has a good sense of humor especially while working with Caleb. I have to say they make a good team.
It seems that Caleb will become more than we all probably thought he would become and that is where we get left with a cliffhanger of wondering where is this book going to go now. Will Celeste find out what is going on? Will this hellhound ever be stopped?
There is one part in here that had me laughing so hard.
So Terin and Caleb were going to investigate some demonic activity. So this is where this whole scene comes into play.
"I can't look." Terin cringed. "Is it one of those horse-hair worms? They take over their host and feed off them while they are alive. But the second their host dies, they crawl out of their butt. Is that what it is? Demonic butt worm?"
This author still has the humor to make a book even better than it already is, I can't wait to read the next book! I need to see what will happen next.
Profile Image for Jackie.
2,308 reviews
January 20, 2018
Dang, I hate it when the story has so few pages & no HEA! This was well written story (minus the editing/proofreading issues that have been plaguing the whole series) & it flowed well. But I don't think it was my kind of book. I think I would have preferred not to have continued on after book 4 at this point, & left that as the end of the series. I felt emotionally beat down after reading this.

This is a much darker/heavier book than the first 4 books were. The 5th was heading that way, but still had enough humor to sort of balance it. There just wasn’t enough/much humor to balance it in this book. I've grown fond of all the main characters & want to see all of them get their HEA. At this point, I'm getting a bit weary of the continuation just because it's proven so heavy. I don't like the dark side that the story seems to be heading towards without being balanced with positive happenings or humor. At this point (IMO), it feels like the heroes will never win against the evil that keeps springing up. I'm just not sure how much more of the drama/angst I can keep reading. I'm going to have to go read something fun & happy now, to get out of this funk that this book put me in...
Profile Image for Jill Gauger.
1,128 reviews10 followers
October 17, 2017
Love and Sacrifice

Rowan has loved Celeste from afar until now. To give Celeste a normal life everyone was given a memory wipe of anything supernatural. Everyone that is except for Rowan it seems. Now he has to keep Caleb away and all things bad or Celeste’s memories will return as the Conduit. A murdered girl on campus has put a damper on that. It seems a Hellhound is loose on campus. To try and keep Celeste and everyone safe how far will Rowan go and at what cost. I am loving everything about this series. Bring on the next book.
Profile Image for Michelle Nichols.
108 reviews1 follower
September 29, 2018
Even better than the last!

While it makes me sad the focus was away from Celeste more, man was this good!! Even better than Descent! I literally gasped out loud and was shocked relieved and shocked again! Once again this story seemed wayyyy too short for how well it sucked you into it, and I can’t wait for more!
Profile Image for Heidi.
448 reviews
June 7, 2017
Burning through the pages

I devoured this book in mere hours trying to ease my mind. Did that happen?.... No! I got dropped off the cliff of needing to know. Each story becomes more intense as they continue. I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!
Profile Image for Crystal Gray.
1,082 reviews30 followers
July 2, 2018
Goodness! We were introduced to a new character, Malise. Loved her. I don't even know what to say without giving stuff away. Just read it!
Profile Image for Lynn Worton.
863 reviews27 followers
December 18, 2016
This is the sixth book in the Gryphon Series. I absolutely loved it!

Caleb is a charming character. I really liked him when he was introduced in Embrace. After having had his memory erased by the Gryphon in attempt to keep Celeste safe, he now finds himself tracking his best friend who has been possessed by a Hellhound.

Inferno continues from the end of Descent, and is now told through the eyes of Caleb. He teams up with Terin, the conduit for the Phoenix, in an attempt to rescue Rowan Wade from being possessed by a Hellhound. I found myself thrown back into an emotional roller coaster as the story unfolded. I don't think I was even over the shock of the ending of Descent to be honest. As the story unfolded, I cheered on Caleb as he tried to find a way to save his friend. There are several twists and turns that I didn't see coming, and Caleb had difficult decisions to make that made my heart hurt for him. We also get to meet the Dark Army Glee Club, though they are not so gleeful this time.

I have a couple of complaints though. Firstly, the story was too short! Secondly, I found it was missing the charmingly snarky wittiness I had come to expect from the author, though Caleb tried his best. Granted, this was a more seriously toned story, but I missed the snarky overtones. The ending was a huge surprise, with another cliffhanger. I really wanted to hurt the author for doing that. However, I will just have to settle for calling her names in my head (#KiddingNotKidding).

Stacey Rourke has written a fantastic YA series. I absolutely love her writing style, which is fast paced and witty, and the story flows wonderfully. This author has the amazing ability to draw you into a story, make you love the characters and then rip your heart out, leave a bleeding mess where it once resided then leave you begging for more; I hate this about her, but I also love her for it too! I am a huge fan of this author and will read anything she writes in the future.

I HIGHLY recommend this book (and series) if you love witty, sarcastic YA Romances filled with an array of various magical and mystical beings, namely lions, angels, gnomes, dragons, centaurs, demons and (of course!) Gryphons! - Lynn Worton
Profile Image for Cheree Castellanos Edits.
286 reviews26 followers
December 5, 2016
AMAZING! But damn, I'm confused on who Celeste should love! I really love Cal, and I really love Rowan. It makes me feel so bad for Celeste, but jealous at the same time. Lucky girl, and she doesn't even have any idea.
At the end of Descent Rowan tried to save Gabe, with it backfiring big time! And now in Inferno we have Cal, that sexy rugged Irish demon, left to save... well everyone, from the new "Rowan hound" that is "hell" bent on destruction.
This is such a fun and crazy little adventure that we get to follow Cal and Terin through. Although there are some truly touching moments, the hilarity between Cal and Terin is truly fantastic. The ending tho... it wrecked me! With it's awesomeness, but the fact that it ended... I was sad, I need the next book yesterday!

Merged review:

This is such a fun and crazy little adventure that we get to follow Cal and Terin through. Although there are some truly touching moments, the hilarity between Cal and Terin is truly fantastic. The ending tho... it wrecked me! With its awesomeness, but the fact that it ended... I was sad, I need the next book yesterday!
Profile Image for Paranormal Tendencies.
247 reviews17 followers
February 10, 2017
Another conduit novella! I can hardly contain myself. Why? Because I adore the Garret family. Even Grams with her hot pink nails and new twerking moves. Oh yeah, she went there.
In this little dose of awesome we visit the clueless conduit, her family and the two gorgeous half demons that both have eyes only for Celeste. *dreamy sigh* They are still oblivious to their super awesome skills and the guys are trying to rid the earth of the hellhound before it spawns an army. But no pressure, right? This time Caleb is up. When Rowan so heroically took on the hellhound and then became it, Caleb is left to find the answers they need to end this. But can he? And if he can what price will he pay?
This one left me stunned. I got to the ending with tears in my eyes, but then BAM! I did not see that coming! You’ll just have to get your own copy to find out what happens. But I will say it was EPIC!
Another 5 star read from the talented Stacey Rourke.
December 9, 2016
Read my full review at http://blackwords-whitepagesteenya.bl...

Wow....I was in shock, awe, and completely reeled into this story from beginning to end. It was full of suspense and kept me not only on the edge of my seat but turning each page, craving for more. The characters were phenomenal. I love how Caleb and Terin worked together despite their differences. Caleb is cocky and a bit of a wise guy, but he has a caring side too that makes me love this character even more. And of course, I am a sucker for male Irish accents too. The ending is quite a shocker and I an extremely excited to see where this story goes with the turn of events from the ending of this book. The author has yet again brought forth a magical and mystical world that is so intense and completely enticing and one I know will capture the hearts of everyone. I highly recommend this story!! This author once again gets my five book review.
Profile Image for Jennifer Treviño.
538 reviews4 followers
June 27, 2017
I am freaking in love with Rourke & the worlds she creates!!!! I admit the hate was seepin' in there for a bit as my heart crushed when I realized this was not a bad dream we were waking up from!!! I cried real tears at that moment!!!!!!!! Luckily everyone was sound asleep so they didn't witness my ugly crying as I literally choked up. A particular scene on the beach ripped my heart out quicker than any unexpecting merqueen's! With only a few pages left I thought there would be a big cliff hanger causing me to mourn for months...and THEN my heart rejoiced as I continued to read & realized what was happening!!!!

WHEW!!!!!!!!! And... I LOVE this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Profile Image for Toi Thomas.
Author 16 books70 followers
December 11, 2016
Descent left me wanting more and Inferno is no different. I will say that I did not see the ending coming. Rourke continues to amaze and entertain me with tears and laughter. Now, I’m just waiting for the next one.

In this installment, we get to spend a bit of time with the other Conduit and see that she’s pretty hot. I like her character more and more, but I’m glad, in a way, she gets to change at the end of this book. She deserves it.

I would say more or at least explain what I’ve said so far, but I think it’s best to simply recommend this to fans of the series, fans of paranormal and dark fantasy with humor, and fans of kick-butt female characters.
Profile Image for Lynn  2 Girls & A Book.
633 reviews17 followers
February 10, 2017
Okay, Rourke. This slow torture is killing me. Stop it. I blame the Legends Saga. It clearly broke you and turned you in a much darker, twisted version of that fun witty gal from The Conduit. These new novellas are not the Resurrection of the Gryphon Series. It's the slow burn, killing me softly, let me bump off your favorite characters series. But enough about how you keep ripping my heart out.

Inferno is HOT! Pun intended! Favorite character - Malise! She is the female version of Rowan. I adore her self preservation, or at least I did. Dang it, Rourke. And the cliffhanger...OMG. I can't even.
968 reviews1 follower
January 17, 2017
Holy gaucamole

I am not sure where we are going but I certainly hope it means a happy ever after for the Garrett family and especially Celeste, with Caleb? Rowan would be my second pick for her, but seeing he killed Gave(sort of ?) I miss whingeing Celeste as the main character, so hope we get back there rather than killing everyone off.
Profile Image for Edith Dunning.
161 reviews
Read
December 5, 2016
Part of a series but not confusing if you didn't read the preceding book. This book had non stop action and tells of an Irish demon who saves his friends and the ending will have you waiting for the next one. If you like supernatural books don't miss this.
Reviewed for TTR's Wicked Words Blog
Profile Image for Shaina Pierce.
47 reviews17 followers
December 18, 2016
Another great addition to the series!

Absolutely love Stacey's work! Her unique take on fantasy never fails to keep a reader entertained the full length of her books. No regrets, would read again!
Profile Image for TJ.
318 reviews31 followers
December 31, 2016
I'll put up a review after I get back home!

Merged review:

I'll put up a review after I get back home!
Displaying 1 - 20 of 20 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.