Start by marking “Dare to Love (The Beautifully Broken, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dare to Love (The Beautifully Broken, #4)

Dare to Love

(Beautifully Broken #4)

One moment. One moment changed my life forever.Her big green eyes looked at me and I knew I would never be the same. But sometimes in life, the things you want are the ones that stand just out of reach.

The pain her loss in my life caused was indescribable. Hot, piercing pain that in all of my fourteen years of living, I had never experienced. I remembered her. Every day.
Kindle Edition
Published June 9th 2017 by Amanda Kaitlyn (first published June 7th 2017)

Start your review of Dare to Love (The Beautifully Broken, #4)
Cindy Stein
Jul 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesfic-romance, 2018
Ally and Charlie (Charlotte) met when both were young. Charlie was in her late teens and Ally was in high school. Though both had very strong feelings for one another, Charlie left, thinking it wasn't appropriate to get involved with someone so young. Years later, Ally is out of college and they meet again. The book describes their coming back together and their interactions with family.

This is the first book I have ever rated just one star. Most of the book was a slog, with too much inner angst
Doreen
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A second chance romance between Charlie and Ally.

Growing up in Chicago, Ally makes friends with Bree. Bree has an older sister named Charlie who spends time with Ally as her tutor. Ally, a young teenager, losses her heart to Charlie who is five years older. By the time that Ally's sixteen, Charlie hops a bus to New York and breaks Ally's gentle heart.

Life races along and five years pass by, when Charlie and Ally meet in small-town Texas. Older, wiser, heartbroken but willing to talk, they rekind
Amy Coury
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book in this heart warming series! Amanda's writing keeps getting better with every book! ...more
Coco.V
Mar 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/27/2019)! 🎁
Amanda Anderson
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first F/F book and it was really good, Amanda did a great job writing it. My emotions were everywhere while reading this book. Amanda I can't wait to read more by you.. ...more
Mona williams
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book was totally different than the other ones in this series. its about two best friends that end up going there seperate ways . years later they meet up only to have feelings for each other. will they start up a relationship? or will they just stay friends? thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Paula Genereau
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've never been much for same sex romance books before but I loved this book. It was beautifully wrote. It had me hooked from the beginning. ...more
Lizcouture
The writing was good...but the story after the two women met was...so predictable! I was not even invested in the main characters at all.
Judy Hornaday
I have NEVER before read such a repetitive novel! I forced my self to read ALL text up until about the 60% mark in the book. After that point, I began just scanning dialogue so that I could keep track of the VERY limited story line. The book contained some beautiful love language, but it can only be repeated so many times before it becomes tiresome at a minimum. Unfortunately both the lead characters were the ultimate drama queens. I obviously was sorely disappointed. But if you want a happy, bu ...more
Vanessa
I've been waiting for a good F/F book for a while now. Seeing as there is so much M/M I wanted a little change of pace.

Unfortunately, this book did not capture me. I just couldn't get into it. Not to say this was not a good book it just wasn't for me. I felt like besides the names and the anatomy I was reading a book about a M/F relationship.
Kelly
Aug 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
1.5 stars, I had to force myself to finish this. There are plot problems, scattered ideas, dialogue issues, as well as believability problems, don't waste your time. The only thing you will be left with is disappointment in yourself for finishing ...more
Alison Hine
I wanted to like this book

I wanted to like this book. But the story line lacks credibility and clarity: how did these two women from Chicago both end up in the same small town in Texas - and have it be a complete surprise? And if it was due to relatives and friends settling there, why didn't at least one of those people inform the two protagonists that one of them lived there as well?

I plowed past that part, but the book didn't get any better. The scenes and descriptions of emotions are endlessl
M L
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book in this genre and it was truly amazing. It is a beautiful story of love and acceptance. What happens when the love of your life leaves? When you know your heart will never heal? When Charlie left Ally she wasn't sure time could heal her heart. But a few years later when Ally reconnects with Charlie she knows she can have it all. This is a story of taking a second chance at love and learning to love who you are.....a truly heart warming story. ...more
Jenny B
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story was about two people and how they professed through life even knowing they were each the other's missing piece. This was a beautiful story about true love and the struggles of fighting for and obtaining that love. I enjoyed the dynamics of each of the families and I am now looking forward to going back and reading the other books in this series as this was my first by this author ...more
GrnEyed
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given the opportunity to read Dare to Love. It’s the love story of Charlie and Ally. Charlie and Ally met courtesy of Charlie’s younger sister, Bree. This book picks up on their lives five years after Charlie left. I think the base of this F/F love story is good. It had the potential to be a great book. There were some questions I had about certain facts in the story, but they may have been corrected with further editing.
I found Ally to be sweet and almost a bit needy. Charlie to me was t
Jacqui Norris
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read from Amanda Kaitlyn and the only book I have read in the series. It said it could be a standalone, but I feel like I didn’t know the characters well enough to truly enjoy. I think if I knew more of the backstory of the characters Ally and Charlie. Admittedly it was also my F/F read so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. With all that first of everything, I did enjoy the story.
Ally and Charlie met through Charlie’s sister Bree. Ally was a teenager when the two realized they
Tracy
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Going into to reading this book, I wasn't sure what to think of it, however once I started I was not able to put it down! This was my first f/f book, and I loved it. The characters of Charlotte and Ally were believeable. You could really feel the love they had for one another. My favorite scene was the one on the patio! I loved this book, and I love reading works by Amanda! ...more
Rebecca Austin
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Charlotte Mendez left her hometown of Chicago for a job at Universal Music Group but also to get away from a girl that she couldn't have. Ally Jones was the best friend of Bree, Charlotte's younger sister and the girl that Charlotte wanted more than anyone else. But the 4 year age gap made a big difference when Charlotte was done high school and she knew she had to get away before making a mistake.

Years later a chance encounter brings Charlotte and Ally back together. Will Ally be able to forgiv
Edna Staples
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, lesbian
Truth be told when I was asked to beta read this book I honestly did not realize I would enjoy this book a lot. I for one would highly recommend this book to everyone to read. This book is female/female and honestly it's a good read. This author knows how to shock you when you first read it. this is my second time reading it and when you first open the book and start to read it, you will be pulled right into her story fast and quickly.
Okay know my review.....
Amanda knows how to pull a reader in
Morgan Shipman
Oct 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, lgbtq
Repetitive, mundane, and unrealistic F/F read. As a lesbian myself, the entire scenario seemed incredibly far-fetched. Charlotte and Ally were "almost lovers" from many years past, but Charlotte "Charlie" walked away from Ally due to their age difference. They "randomly" bump into each other in Ally's hometown some five years later and pretend as if nothing has happened. Less than twenty-four hours after their serendipitous reconnection, they are locking lips one moment and holding onto the past ...more
Brittany Hively
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
It seems that MM books are the rage right now. Which there is nothing wrong with that, but it's surprising that you don't see more FF books. I prefer the original MF ones, but why not cater to some of them all? And to be honest, I have read other FF books, but they just did not have much of that romantic story you look for in romance books.

So, when Amanda Kaitlyn releases Dare to Love, I had to give it a fair shot and I was presently surprised. This story is a simple story of two girls in love
Tracee
May 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
I really wanted to like this book, but I just didn't. The characters were not very well developed, and the focus was all on the angst within them. I just couldn't get invested. At times, the plot completely skipped around. People were in one place, but then they were in another, sometimes with no idea if any or how much time had passed. There was no real excitement in the plot for me.

I had an issue with how possessive Charlie was. She was always touching Ally, but it came across as overbearing r
Mary Fazzi
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
This is my first F/F book and I have to say it was amazing. Ally is younger than Charlie (Charlotte). When Ally and Charlie were younger they had this amazing connection that was out of this world but neither fully acted on it. Charlie had a great opportunity for her life and she took it leaving Ally to feel lost and lonely. After Ally finished her school she went to help out at her sister in law’s cafe and she ran into Charlie again. After all these years the feelings are so strong for both of ...more
Mel
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have only read one or two other f/f romances, this is by far my favourite. One of my favourite romances in general.

I absolutely loved the way the two women were portrayed. It was a tastefully writing book with genuine characters that you fell in love with and related to easily.

The storyline was beautiful and angsty and a joy to read. Amanda Kaitlyn is a TBR author for me and this story didn't disappoint me at all. She has a real skill for f/f romance, I hope she writes more of them. We need
Aisling Cooper
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read quite a few same sex romances but this is only my 2nd F/F and I really enjoyed reading it!

Charlie fell in love with Alley when Alley was only 16 years old but the deeper she fell the more she knew it wasn't right so decided to leave. Fast forward a few years and they meet again only their feelings for each other are much stronger than before. This was a great first book by Amanda Kaitlyn and I am now going to read the rest of the series.
Reviewed for Amo and Sarah corner gifted for
Latifa Morrisette
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read my fair share of same sex romances but they have been M/M and this is my F/F, and I have to say I truly enjoyed reading it.
Charlie fell in love with Ally when Ally was just 16. The deeper she fell the more she knew it wasn't right, so she left. Years later they meet again only this time the feelings between Ally and Charlie are still there but stronger.
This is my first book by Amanda Kaitlyn and it really blew me away. I am looking forward to reading more from her.
Elsie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story about two girls who fell in love at a young age and for life reasons had to go separate ways. We see here how they reconnect and the love they feel for each other resurfaces.

Eventhough it's part of a series, it can be read as a standalone. We get to see other characters but no spoilers are given.

I got this book in exchange of a review.
Carolyn
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Broken Hearts & Second Chances

Ally loves Charlotte from the first meeting. She’s twenty and and Charlie’s sixteen and her little sisters best friend. A detailed and descriptive work which follows the twists and turns of losing and finding the love of your life and reuniting with family.
Pam Holzner
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
An kindle unlimited offering

It started out ok and eventually became unreadable and went on to the abandoned list.

I had trouble distinguishing between the two narrators because they had the same voice. And it was all so melodramatic and overdone. The heroines are co-dependent and swear too much. The families are unbelievably involved and accepting.

Life is too short.
Stacy Aube
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

This was my first f/f book. I thought it was tastefully written and enjoyed it very much. Finding love has no bounds. When you find it never let go.

• When Angels Fall (WeHo, #1)
  • Now and Again
  • The Lesbian Billionaires Club (TLBC 1)
  • Yes, You
  • Quid Pro Quo (WeHo, #12)
  • When Love Wins (WeHo #0)
  • Letters to Cupid (Americans Abroad, #4)
  • In Plain Sight (WeHo #11)
  • Break in the Storm (WeHo, #2)
  • Never Too Late
  • The Simple Answer
  • London, Actually (London Romance, #5)
  • Finding Jessica Lambert
  • For the Telling (WeHo Book 13)
  • Lightning Strykes (WeHo #10)
  • Model Behavior
  • Vendetta (WeHo, #7)
  • It's a date: A friends to lovers romantic novella
NY Times Bestselling author, Amanda Kaitlyn lives in New England with her girlfriend and her shih Tzu, Mocha. As a girl, she always loved fairy tales but learned the ones she loves are a bit dirtier, now. In her books you’ll find raw, real, emotional romance and alpha males that stop at nothing to protect the head-strong women they love. When she isn’t writing on her laptop, you can find her playi ...more

Beautifully Broken (5 books)
  • Finding Beautiful (The Beautifully Broken Book 1)
  • Breaking Lucas (Beautifully Broken #2)
  • This Beautiful Love (Beautifully Broken #3)
  • Unwrapping Lucas