Start by marking “Silhouette” as Want to Read:
Silhouette

Silhouette

Librarian's Note: An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here

"Daddy, what is a white lie?"
My father put down his spoon and looked at me thoughtfully.
"Why'd you ask, Princess?"
"I heard you talking yesterday and you said 'one more white lie isn't going to make a difference.' I just want to know what you meant."
"You heard that, huh?" My father tilted his head to study
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 436 pages
Published January 6th 2017 by S.E.Cooper

To ask other readers questions about Silhouette, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silhouette

Margaret
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I received this ARC for an honest review

This is S E Cooper’s first book and I am amazed at her level of writing, story telling and ability to pull you in.

I couldn't put this book down and each time I had to I was not a happy woman. I loved it and cannot encourage you, shout at you and plead with you to take a chance and read this book. You will not be disappointed.

You want all the stories that can come from Ari and Lane. You want Big’s, Kerr’s and everyone's stories.

The sense of family that's b
DJ Sakata
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

I believe that every one of us has a moment in our lives, which truly defines us. Be it a chance encounter, that makes your heart beat a little faster than it ever has before, a leap of faith into the unknown with no idea whether there will be someone there to catch you, or a split-second decision that changes the way you live your life forever.

His eyes sparkled with a fire I’d sell my soul for the chance to put out, but I held my ground.

I thought maybe my good looks were gonna
Coco.V
Oct 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (10/26/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
"Daddy, what is a white lie?"
My father put down his spoon and looked at me thoughtfully.
"Why'd you ask, Princess?"
"You heard that, huh?" My father tilted his head to study me. "It's just a small lie you tell when you don't want to hurt someone's feelings. It's nothing for you to worry about."
My eyes grew wide. "Like whe
Joanne T
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
People in this industry commonly refer to the bereft feeling they have after finishing a good book and the sudden return to the real world, as a “book hangover”. S.E. Cooper has taken that to a whole new level.

It has been forty-eight hours since I finished reading Silhouette and I’m going through withdrawal. I have the shakes, the nausea and the muscle spasms. I need a prescription for Literary Methadone, if it exists. The funny thing is, I look forward to the relapse. And relapse I will, time a
Badass Bloggettes
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I find myself saying this often but, again, I have to repeat myself--One of the biggest benefits of being involved with this blog is getting opportunities to read new authors early in their career. It is so exciting to find people with the talent of S.E. Cooper. Silhouette is so captivating; it reminds me why I constantly look for requests to read new authors.

Silhouette , is my kind of book. It completely pulled me into the life and drama of Clarissa (Ari) Solano and Lane Hunter from the fi
Lizzie_Loves_Books
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received a copy of Silhouette from S.E Cooper and I’m voluntarily leaving an honest and unbiased review.

This is S.E Cooper’s debut novel this shocked me as I feel like this novel was simply fantastic and for a first novel I didn’t feel like it lacked anything when I was reading it. I must say that I will now be reading all of S.E’s books and she is fast becoming one of my favourite authors.

This wonderful story is about Ari and Lane. Ari is a young lady who had witnessed ALOT in her childhood
Karen Hrdlicka
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There's a new voice in romantic suspense and you will want to remember her name, SE Cooper. Her debut novel, Silhouette is an amazing read. Her hero and heroine are each beautifully broken and through more than a series of unfortunate events, they find each other, and perhaps the piece that will mend their souls. This new author shows a wonderful ability to plot and subplot, which gives rise to even more questions and plot lines, all of which are beautifully crafted and resolved. Her characters ...more
Freya Barker
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW.
An impressive, nice meaty story that kept my attention beginning to end. The writing flows, reads easy, is smart, inserts hints of humor and feels seasoned—making it hard to believe this is SE Cooper’s first book!

The trope is one I really like for a romantic suspense novel; The protector turned lover.

Lane and Ari make a believable couple. Their union is not exactly an easy one. It’s far from encouraged from all sides, and aside from battling their own misgivings, they also have to contend
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
So I'm a little bit in disbelief and awe at what I have just read, the fact that this beautiful flowing book was written by a debut author !

The level of complexity and knowledge, the creation of sub plots within the actual plots is awesome, especially as it draws you in and swallows you up whole. Each and every character is unique and beautifully crafted to exist from the smallest part to the main characters each with an importance at their particular junction without prejudice.

SE Coopers flui
Tami czenkus
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***** 5 Steamy stars!!!
Have you ever Started a book and TOTALLY had NO idea what you were getting into???
THAT is exactly what happened to me when I started reading Silhouette by S.E Cooper.
PHENOMENAL Debut novel that left you yearning to continue the story of all of the characters that we are introduced to within these magnificent pages.
Clarissa and Lane have EXPLOSIVE chemistry and neither of them can even begin to fathom what their future holds when they give in to their desire for one anoth
Eleanor
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-mc, 2015-2017
5 Kick Ass Debut Stars

Wow! What a debut novel this book was. From the first Chapter of Silhouette by S.E. Cooper and I was hooked. I'm not going to lie, I don't take to new authors this quick. I'm a little old school. It takes me time before I fan girl over an author!

We have Ari, who is one hot kick ass tattooing lady! I love that she's a tattoo artist. We have also have ourselves one hot alpha man with Lane Hunter. Oh even his name is hot! When these two get together in not so great circumstan
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
A debut novel? I can't believe this is a debut novel. SE Cooper is an author to watch. She has good plotting skills and creates multi-dimensional characters that you will love.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes: http://badassbloggettes.blogspot.com/...
BB Belle
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reviews, arcs
Bangor Belle Book Besties ~ Eileen

I received an arc copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Clarissa is a spunky beautiful young woman, a tattoo artist. But she hides a lot of horrors and truths, including her real identity. She is surrounded by few people, trusts no one completely except, Jack, who has raised her since her parents murders, Marcus who she’s grown up with and Marcus’s father, Bruno.

Then one day she see’s Lane Hunter in a coffee shop and is smitten, she returns to the co
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was wow. I laughed, I cried, I raged and I loved! This book had it all! It's a longer book but so much happens! It's one of those that you can see a movie being based of it!

Clarissa (Ari) is just trying to stay under the radar so her guardian stops hiring bodyguards to protect her. Until something happens and she's smack dab in the crosshairs. But Lane is there to help.

And that's all I'm saying because there is just SO much that happens and it would be a spoiler-packed review otherwi
D.L. Gallie
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For a debut novel this book is amazeballs
SE had me hooked from page 1 right up until the last page. She kept me guessing along the way and the OMG moments were brilliant
Ari is kickass and tough
Lane is ohh so fine and swoon worthy
The rest of the characters are just as awesome and I cannot wait for more from SE
Jessie
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favorite
This book have to be noticed for more readers. In my assessment, SE Cooper is a great writer. She nows how to keep you wanting more. Her writing is perfectly clear. I loved Lane and Ari. A fabulous couple. Lane is determinated, sexy, restless, and showed the beautiful side of his love for the family. Ari could look a weak person, but is not. After everything she've been through, she kept up right. Caring about all the people that loved her. And giving everything she could.

I hope this book get m
Pam
W-O-W

Now that was a turbulent story that still has me spinning. There was so much in this story that held me to my seat reading like a mad woman, I had to know what was going to happen next. While the main plot of the story is completely involving, SE managed to pull in some small side plots just as a little bonus. Her characters will draw you in and make you feel at home.

Ari has spent her life hiding out in the open, always looking over her shoulder wonde
All The Feels PR & BLOG
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

This is a debut novel by S E Cooper, for a first book this is brilliant!
The story follows Ari and Lane and is full of angst, drama and hotness!
The start completely drew me in a I couldn't stop reading to begin with. I lagged a little towards the middle but that could have just been because I've been super busy!
For me I did find the pacing a little difficult and at times I felt like some scenes were so in depth when they didn't need to be. But as I say, for a debut novel, it was a great read
Eileen Robinson
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 4-star-reads
Read and reviewed this book on behalf of my blog .. Bangor Belle Book Besties
I received an arc copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Then one day she see’s Lane Hunter in a coffe
Rock Hard Romance
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
'It's never been about the job with you.The attraction we have is real.You felt the same things I did...'(Lane)

As one of the acknowledged BETA's for this DEBUT novel,(written by one of our own) I was very impressed with how this story has developed,and I must add,am very proud of the achievement made by SE Cooper (Shaz) in her first step's into the book world!

From the shocking Prologue,the reader is sucked in,the writing flows well,helped by being told in DUAL POV'S of leads (Clarissa/Ari) and L
Rachel Hendry
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's very hard to write a review when you're speechless but I really am.
This is S.E. Coopers debut and what a stunner it was. The blurb had me hooked so when I dived in it was an instant ' I'm really gonna love this book' and I really did.
The plot was different and intriguing, the story quite fast paced and the characters both endearing and engaging. Both Lane and Ari...the main characters here...were very well written and I loved them both...Ari was strong and such a beautiful soul and Lane...h
Laila Viking
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very well written story with surprising storyline and plot. Characters are well described and develops nicely through the story. It has mystery, drama, action, love, passion and emotional ups and downs in it. But the twists are those who keeps you on the edge and just want to read on.
Captivating from first to last chapter.
The steam and emotions flows of the pages and keeps you on the edge. It is written in dual POV, which gives the reader a lot more of the feelings and thoughts of the main ch
Nickii Robertson
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every so often a writer comes along and grabs your attention so hard you forget about the world around you, for the first time in a long while, that happened to me reading this debut novel.

The author manages to capture your heart and mind making you want to be Ari and find your own Lane, there were times that I wanted to put the book down because I thought what I wanted to happen might not, but pick it straight back up again to make sure it did.

The flow of the story is beautiful, pulling you in,
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5 +++++++ stars and more

I really really enjoyed this book. From the minute I picked it up, I found it difficult to put down. The style of writing is easy and just flows and the author has you hooked every chapter.

I loved all the characters but Lane is my favourite. He is everything a man should be and more. Clarissa is lovely also but at times she can be a little bit over the top. However she has every reason to be the way she is. There are many other loveable characters. Kerr, Marcus, Big, pl
Cathy Smith
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From page one of this book you knew that you were in for a great suspense story, I couldn't wait to turn the pages to see what was going to happen next. It was easy to read with twists and turns that you just did not expect. It was witty, romantic, and emotional, which had you smiling, chuckling, teary eyed, and gave you a lump in your throat. The main characters, family and friends, you warmed to easily, and even had you falling in love with the lead male and a couple of others!! It was a book ...more
Natasha Harvey
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to read an ARC of this book for an honest review.

This is the debut book from this author and if this is what she's gonna be creating then she's fast gonna become one of my favourites.

This story is about Lane and Ari, and their fight to be together. Their love is so powerful but it would seem that not many are happy about their relationship. Just as things seem to be settling life jumps in and throws everything upside down. Is their love powerful enough to save, not only them, but a
Sabrina
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
3,5 stars

This was a great book with an amazing storyline.
The lead characters had chemistry to spare and I kinda borrowed some while reading it (#SorryNotSorry)

The multitude of supporting characters made it hard for me to fully immerse myself in this story but based on the raving reviews that might simply be my fault for being scatterbrained at the moment.

If you enjoy thrillers, romance, and seriously hot books, then this should definitely be your next read!
Melissa Feist
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Silhouette grabbed me from the start and wholly moly what a mother of an emotional roller coaster. I wasn't sure I could hold on until the end. I never saw the twists and turns coming, my heart skipped and I was consumed with the pain and sadness Lane and Clarissa tried to heal in one another. Fast paced, sexy and full of great characters I hope to read their stories soon. Kept my on the edge of my seat and gave me a super satisfying epilogue.
Donna Matthewman
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters are complex as is the story, and both pull you in. It was one of those books that you want to read quickly but at the same time you want to take your time as you don't want it to end.
I fell in love with all of the characters not just the main ones and I'm hoping we get further books so we can find out all of their secrets.
This book has you laughing one minute and crying the next as well as biting at your nails in angst.
A fantastic 5* read
Nikki
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG I really can't believe how amazing this book is as a debut!!!!
S E COOPER you are fantastic!!! I was seriously hooked from the first few pages and hated having to put it down!
The story of Ari & Lane was complicated with a lot of ups and downs but would their love survive?
I will definitely be reading all you bring out and can't wait for book 2 in this series to come out!
« previous 1 3 next »