Start by marking “The Girl At The Bar” as Want to Read:
The Girl At The Bar

Read Book* *Different edition

The Girl At The Bar

Rebecca, a brilliant cancer researcher, disappears after a one-night stand with a neurotic man with a questionable past.
Her sudden disappearance in the midst of a high-stakes quest to cure cancer between two rival billionaires sets into motion an inexplicable chain of events as the bodies start to pile up.
No one knows why she disappeared. The race to find answers ensnare
Published February 1st 2017 by Fireflies Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Girl At The Bar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl At The Bar

Elyse Walters
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Hot opening scene....one night stand. Rebecca only leaves her black bra behind and slips away before he wakes. No note or phone number.

Police come knocking on James door days later....Rebecca is missing. This gorgeous woman happens to be the 'most' brilliant medical scientist working on a single cancer vaccine - that would cure virtually 'any' cancer.

Intoxicatingly- intimate storytelling - page turning enjoyment!!!

Thank You Fireflies Publishing, Netgalley, and especially author *Nicholas Nash*
Natalie The Biblioholic
This book may be categorized as a Sci-fi/Thriller, but the author found a way to play psychological warfare with me! Up was down, left was right. Even I didn't know who to trust!

The story starts off with a chance encounter between a beautiful woman, Rebecca, and a handsome man, Ragnar, in a bar. They immediately hit it off and their instant chemistry turns into a night of passion. When Ragnar wakes up the next morning, he's sad to see that Rebecca's gone and he has no way of getting in contact w
Lyn
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great premise: a brilliant and beautiful cancer researcher goes missing after a wild one night stand.

Nicholas Nash’s 2017 novel is one part thriller, one part suspense and two parts hip post-modern mystery. Nash’s language, style and dialogue are fresh and new and he tells a good story.

This book is actually sort of difficult to categorize, there were speculative fiction elements and Nash messes with the reader’s mind throughout. The author also keeps a good pace, this is a PAGE TURNER!

Not what I
Fables&Wren
WrensReads Review:

I was given the opportunity to review this book honestly before it was released.

Nicholas Nash seems to have done a lot of research on this book. He knows more about cancer than I know about anything in the health world. With that being said, I actually learned a lot about cancer and understand it a little more than I did starting out.

Nash did not just through facts at you though, that's what I loved. He actually explained things so when they are brought up again, you know exact
"Avonna
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Check out all of my reviews at: http://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

I absolutely love when I try a new author with no expectations and am completely absorbed into the story. THE GIRL AT THE BAR by Nicolas Nash is one of those mystery/thrillers that are rich in backgrounds, technical information and clues without bogging down the pace and keeps you guessing until the end.

Dr. Rebecca Chase is a brilliant cancer researcher in New York City for a medical conference. The night before she is to present,
Whispering Stories
The Girl at the bar is a near future thriller featuring advancements from current technology in areas of cancer research and computer programming.

The excitement runs high throughout the story, and Nicholas Nash has created characters that are well constructed and perfectly fitted the plot, plus they are very believable.

This is a thriller that reveals itself consistently at the right times, whilst also keeping me guessing all the way to the very end.

The story moves well through time, and at a goo
Barbara Leuthe
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story,following three sets of people trying to solve the same set of crimes gave you different perspectives on the outcome.Every time you think you know who it is something else happens to make you change your mind.If you enjoy suspense this is your book.I will look for more books by this author.I received this book free as part of goodreads giveaways.
Geraldine Kroneiss
I would highly recommend this book!! Loved it!! Grabbed me at the fist page and kept me guessing! Loveable characters and riveting plot!! Read it!!
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For my suspense/thriller fans out there, let me tell you about The Girl at the Bar by Nicholas Nash! An out of work trader named Ragnar sees and meets the beautiful Rebecca in a hotel bar. Their chemistry is instant and after talking about everything, including her role as a cancer researcher, Rebecca decides not to fight the desire between them and goes home with Ragnar. When Ragnar wakes up the next morning, he finds that Rebecca is gone and he is kicking himself because they didn’t exchange n ...more
Steve
I won this book in a giveaway, and this is my honest review.

I loved this story and how it was put together! The characters were fairly realistic and likable, and the author kept me on my toes trying to figure out what was really going on with Rebecca, the brilliant cancer researcher who goes missing after a one-night stand with Ragnar, who she just met at a bar that night. I don't like to include spoilers, so I won't go into more detail, but the story kept me engaged all the way through.

Now for
Bin Blogs Books
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from NetGallery.

Interesting suspenseful story combines with interesting facts about the field of cancer research. Who done it meets scientific journal.
Kelli Martin
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading this book. I was blown away by it. It was such a great mystery, with so many twists and turns. I read at every chance I got but I didn't want the book to end. I would think I had it figured out then the person I thought was behind it would be killed. I did not figure it out until the book told me who done it and why. There was a lot of background information about their research, what they had done and what they hoped to accomplish. But it did not drag the story down or m ...more
Patty Ramirez
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, just wow! I have been wanting to read this book since I read the description. Nicholas Nash did not disappoint! From the very start the story hooks you in and you do not want to put it down.

What I loved mostly about this book is that I thought I had the whole case figured out, but I was so wrong! The way the writer weaves the story really throws you off.

My only complaint was that there were too many grammatical error
Lace
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a roller coaster ride for me. I love mystery/thriller books and I can usually figure out the ending after reading so many of these types of books. That was not the case with this book though. Just when I thought I had it all figured out, my mind would race to another possibility. This was so much fun to read and I highly recommend it!
Adriana Koog
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of The Girl At The Bar in exchange of an honest review. Wow, this book was excellent! The author provides a very interesting plot based on cancer research and the disappearance of one of the researchers. I loved the way the story was written with s lot of twist snd turns that kept me on my toes trying to figure out who the ghost was. Action packed! Mr. Nash is a very talented writer with a gift of story telling. I can't wait to read his nexr book!
Angala Fox
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review.
This was an awesome thriller filled with edge of your seat suspense and page turning action. I was hooked right away and devoured every word until the end. Definitely a recommended must read.
Lisa
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** Disclaimer: This book was provided by the Author and Quill and Ink Tours in exchange for an honest review**

Well.. well... where do I start..??? The Girl at The Bar is not a book for the faint of heart. It does have some adult themes and as you can imagine some gruesome crime scenes as it is a Psychological Thriller but I could not put this book down.

First off lets talk about the characters.. Ragnar is such a sweetie and you definitely feel for him. He is head over heals from the first time h
Opal
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free for an honest review.

Ok off the bat I have to say I had no idea what I was getting into reading this book and I had absolutely no preference for mystery/thriller. So naturally I was very hesitant reading this but the first page completely captivated me. Ranger, former trader, falls right next to Rebecca, a cancer researcher, who's in New York City for a conference. As the night turns from innocent flirting to a full on one night stand, Ranger's fun night goes from g
Mrunalini
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A surprisingly good read if you are the sort who loves edge-of-the-seat thrillers. The Girl At The Bar begins with a gripping, seductive scenario with characters that get under your skin and behave in puzzling, unpredictable ways. Your cuppa has barely finished when Rebecca, a brilliant and stunning cancer researcher goes missing and her bipolar boyfriend Ragnar, from a single night of wild passion, finds himself staring at a murder charge. The only thing that saves him is the fact that there is ...more
Alison Cairns
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. Action packed and full of mystery from the outset. We meet Rebecca, the mysterious girl at the bar and witness her steamy encounter with Ragnar. And then she goes missing. In my mind, Ragnar had nothing to do with this, but he comes under suspicion from the start. Rebecca is one of the world's top cancer researchers, on the verge of a major breakthrough. Is her disappearance linked to the rivalry between her pharmaceutical company, run by the enigmatic Julia, and their maj ...more
Toula
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First one I read by Nicolas. Contemporary one set mostly in New York and a few scenes in Los Angeles This is a great great story that has you by the throat from the first page . There is a lot of research that Nicolas must have done . Everything is so real life . Everything just falls into place . This story is about murder , revenge and one sick mind that only sees what it wants . Hero is Ragnar . Heroine is Rebecca.
Ragnar spots Rebecca at a bar . They both hit it off . They both start talking
AnisaAnne
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Girl at the Bar

Good Reads Review, 4 stars

Thank you Netgalley, Fireflies Publishing, and author Nicholas Nash for a copy of this book for my honest review.

A chance meeting at a bar and a one night stand sets the stage for this page-turning and all consuming novel. Ragnar meets Rebecca and the chemistry leaves the two in the throws of a steamy night. When Rebecca leaves the Ragnar’s bed in the morning, she slips away leaving only a trail of a single black bra. The cops soon show up on the doo
Lee Husemann
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this is such a fascinating book. This book is so full of twist and turns with a fast-paced plot. At no time could I figure out who was causing the bodies to pile up. This is a real page turner and it was hard to put down. The characters were well developed and likeable, especially Ragnar who was my favorite. I think Author Nicholas Nash did a fantastic job on his first novel and I look forward to his next one.
Quill & Ink Book Tours
BLOGGERS

Join the Release Blitz of The Girl At The Bar here! https://goo.gl/forms/X92xTMU1D8CLD7mn1

Sign up to the Quill & Ink Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/2FqtKtccENRTLXFv1

Join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quill...
Diane Perry
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. What a thrill ride! Once you start this, you will not want to stop reading. Rebecca has a one night stand with a guy she meets at a bar. Then she disappears. Through most of the book you will not know if she is alive or dead. We do learn she is an incredible scientist and doing some too secret research on a cure for cancer. There are many players in this story, and I have to say I never suspected the villain. Excellent writing and ...more
J C Steel
Rebecca is a high-flying cancer research scientist, one of the most sought-after minds in the field. Ragnar is a down-on-his-luck ex-trader battling bipolar disorder, hanging out in bars in between job searches. When Rebecca goes missing shortly after their one-night stand, Ragnar becomes a person of interest overnight – and determined to find Rebecca, even if it gets him arrested. However, when the body count starts growing and the press gets involved, the stakes only get higher...

The Girl at t
Joni Krantz
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. I liked it. hank you for sharing it with me.
Bonnye Reed
GNAB I received a free electronic copy of this novel from Netgalley, Nicholas Nash, and Fireflies Publishing (Indie) in exchange for an honest review. Thank you all, for sharing your hard work with me.

This was an interesting read. I had a hard time getting to it because of the title, but I can recommend it highly to mystery readers. Once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. Rebecca, the girl Ragnar picked up at the bar, is a beautiful bioscientist working at a private lab on a cancer cure tha
Sue
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a first rate page turner! I stayed up way past my bedtime because I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until I knew the outcome of the story. Just when I thought I had things figured out, the author threw in some new information and I realized that I was totally wrong. I had no idea who the 'bad guy' was until I read the name in the book and even then I wasn't sure if it was correct or just another red herring.

The book starts with a one night stand between Rebecca, a brilliant cancer rese
Maia Gomez
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a REALLY great book! I was grabbed from the very beginning and found myself quite unable to pull away and ended up reading this book in one night! There were so many plot twists that I was kept on my toes the entire time and never suspected the killer to be who it ended up being! The characters were well thought out and very likable with some real personalities that made them stand out from the rest. I loved that there was some realistic science about battling cancer, it gave the story ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Wakening the Crow
  • Dragon Shield (Dragon Shield, #1)
  • Jonesbridge (Echoes of Hinterland, #1)
  • Life, A.D.: Life, After. Dez. (Atman City, #1)
  • Body Politic
  • The Blackwell Family Secret:  The Guardians of Sin
  • Carus & Mitch
  • Murder has a Motive (Mordecai Tremaine #1)
  • Martyr
  • Man Made Murder (Blood Road Trilogy, #1)
  • Wasteland Blues
  • See Eads City
  • The Quotient of Murder (Sophie Knowles #4)
  • In the Course of Human Events
  • Love in a Time of Monsters (Golden Age of Monsters, #1)
  • Practical Sins for Cold Climates (A Val Cameron Mystery #1)
  • The Forlorned (The Forlorned #1)
  • Final Crossing
FOREWORD CLARION REVIEW, 4 STARS

This is a refreshing thriller, with a compassionate protagonist and a complex set of crimes to solve.

Prepare for a roller-coaster ride of a thriller: Nicholas Nash’s The Girl at the Bar mixes a beautiful woman, an unemployed Wall Streeter, cancer research, and long-buried secrets together in a novel that zooms along at just the right speed.

Ragnar Johnson is fired fr