Start by marking “A Steel Heart” as Want to Read:
A Steel Heart

A Steel Heart

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  300 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
Five seconds.
A deafening blast. Pain. Silence.
That was all it took for an IED to end my life as I knew it. The man I was shattered in a hard wave of sound and debris that rained down on me like death itself.
And six months later, after waking up to an inescapable hell, I found myself wishing that death had found me.

Until her.
Miranda Jacobs swept into my life like a cool
Kindle Edition
Published November 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Steel Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Steel Heart

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰
5 No Regrets. Only Happiness Stars

Because sometimes you just gotta................................

photo doughnutmaple_zpsq2mcyaek.gif

From a young age Miranda has been making lists, lists for everything from life goals to what her 'one' would be like.
I never expected that eleven years later my one would finally come for me. It wasn't on my list that he'd come charging into my life, practically railroading me.............

Miranda is a 22 year old editor who loves doughnuts, coffee and spying on her sexy as hell neighbour. She has
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
I'm putting this on indefinite hold. I am a huge fan of 'beauty and the beast' stories and that's the reason I picked this one up.

The thing is, I can already see where this is going so I better stop. I've read Broken, Vivid, Making Faces, Rush and The Vixen and the Vet. So far, this one seems too similar to them.

Moreover, I can't relate to the heroine. And I know exactly why. This review perfectly describes my issue with the heroine:

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
4 Lovely Stars!
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

This was one of those reads that just did more than I was expecting. It totally delivered! There's just something about this story. It was like a cup of tea on a cold, rainy day. The humor and the depth of the characters was beautiful. I laughed at times and my heart ached at times. Even though you're gonna laugh you're also going to feel for the characters, especially the hero. Gah the hero! I felt all sorts of emotions where he was
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

From the first moment I read Amie Knight’s beautifully articulated words in The Line, I knew I would literally jump at the chance to read ANYTHING that Amie released next. WOW! A Steel Heart did not disappoint; I just fell in love all over again with Amie Knight’s carefully crafted words; the way she is able to draw me in, she has the ability to make me feel absolutely everything. This story literally consumed me in every way and I want everyone to know about the amazing story that lies within t
Dilek VT
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good romance book with some triggers in it. I would advise you to check the spoilers.

The plot:

This is the love story of Miranda Mae, an editor of romance books and Holden, who retired from military after a bad incident and now suffers from PTSD.

Miranda is 22, Holden is 33 years old. She is a red-haired beauty with caramel eyes whereas Holden has dark hair and dark eyes.

Miranda loves making lists. She has been doing it for years and she has lots of lists such as "To Do" lists, the list
Heather Cam❀Book and a Blanket❀
5 Making Lists Stars!

My Favorite Book
1. Swoonworthy broken hero
2. Strong sassy heroine
3. Just the right touch of humor

This book checks off everything on my list for an amazing romance book. There were so many amazing quotes in this book that will stay with me for a long time. Geez and that name, Holden Steel! Seriously I’m in love with the name alone.

Holden is retired ex- military and he is broken both physically and emotionally, traumatized by war. He is essentially a big grouch with a constant
MoreBooksPlease!
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
#DNF - 58%

So.......

I'm in the minority here, but this book just did not work for me. I stuck it out a lot longer than I normally would based on how much everyone else seemed to love it, but I just never connected to the characters or the story. I probably could have trudged on and finished it, however I just didn't see the point when I wasn't invested in finding out what happened next.

Let's start with the female protagonist, Miranda. Usually my biggest gripe about a character is under developmen
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 No Regrets. Only Happiness Stars

Because sometimes you just gotta................................

photo doughnutmaple_zpsq2mcyaek.gif

Michelle
DNF at 25%. I couldn’t get into this one. Too cutesy for me. lol I tried to keep going but I’m not liking Holden or Miranda. They both are annoying me. Her way more than him. Glad this was KU.
AJ
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“No regrets, only happiness.”

This book follows on from the beautiful See Through Heart, though it can easily standalone. It’s a fun, sexy, slow-burning romance with a wonderful heroine, a broody, tortured hero and a heart-wrenching story that made me feel everything,

Miranda is the best friend of Austin and Ainsley from See Through Hearth. In that book she absolutely shone as the fun and hilarious romance-book-lover who lives her life just the way she wants it, dreaming of finding that
Carrie
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
10++++ stars! Are you looking for a story that will make you laugh out loud - many times? This is for you. A story that will be emotionally satisfying? Yes, read this! A story with a sassy heroine & swoony, broken hero with an amazing dimple? THIS THIS THIS!

Miranda is one of my to 10 favorite names, and yet, the fact that Holden has his very own special nickname for her completely made me fall in love w/ the name Mae. Miranda & Holden's personalities are so wonderfully written, they lea
I_love_books
This is a beautiful book. No doubt about that. But it was kind of Meh.

There were so many parts of this book that I truly enjoyed. Amie Knight is a fantastic writer, there is no doubting that. I just found myself getting bored during parts of it. I'm glad I continued, but I was not that impressed.

Liked it but didn't love it. It kept me wanting to read to see how things would play out. The heroine, was annoying at times. Loved Holden though!
EpicRomanceReviews
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 BEAUTIFULLY HEALING STARS!

“Some things in life are worth fighting for.”

Get out your hankies because A STEEL HEART by Amie Knight is going to have you DROWNING in feels!!

I truly loved this book on so many levels! It was a sweet and quirky, beautifully uplifting, soul-stirring romance that tugs at the heartstrings and makes you laugh and cry in equal measure! I have a WEAKNESS for angsty wounded warrior tales and the talented Ms. Knight sure did this story justice! Holden and Miranda immediat
Nance
Hands down best book of the year for me! Loved everything about this one! The characters. The story lines. The romance. And, the laugh-out-loud moments. Holy crap, did you see that cover? Gorgeous! More to come when I get my act together...
Jamie Schlosser
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book! Amie Knight's stories always suck me in from the beginning. I could relate to Miranda's quirkiness, humor, and her love for making lists. And Holden was such a broody hottie. A Steel Heart had a great balance of all the things I look for in a romance. Five stars all the way!
Brandy Roberts
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Steel Heart has got to be one of my favorite reads this year I went through so many emotions while reading this amazing story and this has got to be a book lovers dream read . I've read one book by Amie Knight and very much enjoyed it but I'll now be reading See through heart because the couple in it are the heroines best friends and are mentioned a lot during A steel Heart . Lets just say the first , second , third, and maybe forth time Miranda and Holden share a presence with one another it ...more
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,8 / 5 stars

My first Amie Knight book and I gotta say I think I feel a little in love. I am definitely checking out her other books, specially because some are about characters that appeared in this one.
I loved her writing, the flow of the story, the plot and the freaking characters!!

It was everything I love in a book, funny, steamy, angsty and sweet, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. Holden and Mae were both so damn funny, I loved their interactions. And their steamy moments, holy
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
Impossibly Perfect Romance!
Miranda Jacobs had lists... endless lists about everything in her life. It was her own personal method of striving for something better... something that will make her happier. One of her lists is to fall Truly, Madly and Deeply in love with the man of her dreams. Holden Steel is a former army ranger who suffers greatly from the harsh memories of losing his buddy from his squadron... incessant memories which have turned into constant nightmares making him hate civilian
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

6521508130eab86502ee12439c2c64

A sexy, heartwarming and charming love story that readers will gravitate towards to. Amie Knight is somewhat a new author for me but having read A Steel Heart, Amie has officially grabbed my attention as she delivers a story that was believable and palpable to the core. A broken hero and a sassy heroine...what more could you have wanted?

If you read the blurb/synopsis then readers will get the gist of the story line but this was so much mo
Steph's Rom Book Talk
YEEEEEESSSSS, so many YESES!!! I loved every single word that flew off the pages of this beautiful, heartfelt, amazing journey of love. My heart was not steel in any way as a matter of fact it was very soft, torn, and fully invested in the journey that Holden and Miranda takes. This book is what I LOVE about reading indie authors, it provides that realism that grabs your heart and soul and takes you on a journey that you can see yourself through. I want to say so much but I would hate to spoil t ...more
Alina Thomas
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fluffy, dual-pov, 2017
I loved it !!!!! This is the ideal cute love story without any toothache sweetness....
A flawed hero and an awesome heroine
Important issues were dealt with and it had a beautiful HEA
And the best epilogue :)

-The h's mom is a straight up bitch and I didn't feel she groveled enough but eh that is such a minute part, and the H stood up to her mom so it worked out well.-
-And the 8-year-old kid Will (her neighbor's kid), talked like a 25-year-old playboy...so that was a bit creepy-
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Take one damaged soldier, mix with a fiery redhead and what do you get.....a great book!!

I love all things military romance, damaged/brooding hero is a HUGE plus for me!!! Holden Steel was all that and more!!! He is in the category of Book boyfriends for me.

Miranda was such a giving, funny woman that you just have to love.

I really enjoyed reading this story, this was my first read by the author, I plan on reading more of her work.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Konny
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Steel Heart by Amie Knight, gets 5 wonderful stars.
Meet Miranda Mae Jacobs. Shes a young selfemployed editor. Shes sweet, kind, selfless and beautiful inside and out.
And then is there Holden Steel. Hes a battered ex-soldier, bitter and angry at the world and everything on it. Hes in a world of pain and has a lot of baggage.
Theyre neighbors and Miranda is drawn to him. Shes a fixer and she knows Holden needs fixing, desperatedly. But Holden doesnt want to be fixed. He doesnt know what he wants.
( Jo ) bubbles the book pimp
So we met Miranda in a see through heart. She was the bubbly, bouncy best friend to the main charachters...this is her story.

A list addicted, book lending, romance editing girl... she knows his routine and his walks and his scowls... she searching for her one...she has her favourite list, what she thought he should be...
He's rude, grumpy and doesn't eat donuts...but he's perfect.

He is Holden. A wounded in more was than one, from his injuries, from his loss and from watching his neighbour who he
Heidi Dickinson
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SWOON!! What a perfect story!! Miranda, a happy, perky, perfect mess, and Holden, a grouchy retired Army Ranger, have absolutely nothing in common. After the first few disastrous encounters, the unexpected happens...Holden steps in to rescue her. That’s when Miranda realizes that there is so much more to her broody neighbor, and that maybe Holden needs some rescuing of his own. This book tugged at my heart so much!! I was sad, I was swooning, I was laughing so hard at the other “man” vying for M ...more
Kelly Anders
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't even with this book. How can Amie possibly write a book that covers ALL the feels. This book has amazing characters.
Humor. Holy crap! Who knew a woman with an aversion to cussing could say some funny sh*t?
HEAT. Miranda and Holden are EXPLOSIVE!
All the feels. They both carry some baggage. Him more than her, but they figure it out.

Damn, I don't even know the words to say to MAKE YOU read this book! You are seriously missing out if you don't!
Gloria
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laura ~Passion flower
Oct 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
A Steel Heart (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Social Butterfly PR for an honest review. Review to follow.
MirandaRCR
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Amie Knight delivered a heartfelt story that broke me and put me back together. Her humor added the perfect balance to the deeply emotional story that is Holden and Miranda. This was everything I had hope it would be and so much more.
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Steel Heart is the first journey that I've taken into Amie Knight's talented world, and while I LOVED LOVED LOVED it, I'm mad at myself for another brilliant party that I came fashionably late to. Miranda Jacobs is a book editor that works from her home most of the time, but the free time that makes has her helping people in all kinds of ways. She has a donut obsession, a sunny disposition, insane list maker on top of a no pants rule in her apartment. Holden Steel hasn't been a civilian for ve ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Contemporary Romance Author
More about Amie Knight...

“I’d never seen the man smile in the month he’d been living next door to me and for some reason that made me all the hotter for him. He owned that scowl. He freaking rocked it.” 2 likes
“Where are your pants?” I shouted a little louder than I intended.
She pulled the pillow off her face long enough to look at me and narrow her eyes before covering her face again and answering. “It’s my policy. The no pants policy. And this is my apartment. So if you don’t like my policies, you should leave.”
I felt my eyes widen. “You have a policy that you don’t wear pants when you’re at home?”
“Correct,” she confirmed.
“I should stop by more often,” I mumbled.”
2 likes