Start by marking “Everything (almost) In Its Place: Control Chaos, Conquer Clutter, and Get Organized the Buttoned Up Way” as Want to Read:

2.96  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
FREEDOM FROM CLUTTER, CHAOS, AND DISORGANIZATION

Busy lives can be messy – bills, mail, and catalogs pile up; appointments, school activities, and kids' sports events need to be scheduled and attended; the endless clutter of clothing, toys, and belongings can threaten to take over any home. To the rescue come Alicia Rockmore and Sarah Welch – with a system that will get you
Published July 22nd 2008 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Everything (almost) In Its Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything (almost) In Its Place

Amy
May 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Hmmm...this book did have some interesting ideas, namely, letting go of your of doing everything on your to-do list and start delegating/getting help from everyone around you. Planning for less-the most important things, and letting some things go. Does it really matter? What are the consequences of not doing it?
I've read many organizing books, but this one didn't really hit it for me. I know I need to work more on being organized, but this one doesn't seem to be a help to me. I already learned
Heidi
Dec 04, 2009 rated it liked it
This was an interesting book. They approach life from the 80/20 rule that says 20% of your effort covers 80% of the results and have you focus on that 20%. I think the concept is okay, but the book was harder to get through for me, it seemed very dry. I did glean some good tips by speed reading and skimming for things that could help me, For instance their section on keeping a family calendar was magnificent.
Deyara
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: organising
Quite standard, though the 80/20 rule was interesting, and I liked the sections on the email inbox and the family calendar. The picture though was pretty small so not easy to get a feel for how much info was appropriate, and overall the book was a bit boring.
Despain
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was (to me) a realistic and practical way to get in control!!! I'm a recovering pack rat- it was helpful!
Wendy
May 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A lot of what's in this book makes sense! Hoping to finish it by the end of this week! :)
Tabitha
Feb 28, 2011
Jessica
rated it did not like it
Sep 23, 2008